Have robot bartender

Wtf is this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/12/29/why-jennifer-lawrences-20m-and-chris-pratts-12m-passengers-payday-was-a-trap/#1be1bb3b78e6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sci-fi written by the same people who think intelligence is a magic trick

But they have, bartending is also a hell of a lot easier to program than an engineering robot.

I guess a glorified vending machine would be easier to create than something that actually has to move around of its own accord.

The roombas?

A roomba isn't a maintenance robot, is it? It can't analyse a problem and set to work fixing it.

Exactly. And there's no one else around to fix his hibernation pod either so he can go back to sleep.

This is one of the dumbest sci-fi ideas ever.

I haven't seen the movie. I couldn't comment.

Download it and save your money.

Passengers (2016) 1CD x264 AAC 2.0 HDCAM (Deflickered) -DDR

I bet he wrote it in some progressive hipster bar.

Dont think so, those were just light maintenance. The actual ship itself is self repairing. What was really fucking stupid is that there was only one medical pod on the whole fucking ship, werent there even enough spare parts in storage to build a second one? That was what bothered me most

newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/
Because capitalism, dude.

I didn't see the movie, do they show JLaw getting plowed in zero-g?

Nope, only zero G moments are when shit hits the fan.

shit movie 0/10

I might actually visit a McDonalds now.

A better question you should be making is… Why is re-entering the cryostasis impossible?

Probably because the pod is just for maintaining the sleep while the actual procedure involves tons of different chemicals and treatments to prevent cells dying.

At least he didnt pick a kikess he still went for a rich new yorker which isnt much better

They said that the passengers are subject to a special process to enter cryostasis before the flight, and said process is done back on earth.
It's still kind of bullshit that they grew so complacent they assumed that the entire process will be failure-proof, especially then the both the travel time and communications between the ship and earth support still take so long.

Considering the entire ship seems to work pretty well except for his pod it might just be fluke.

I mean if there's a small probability that a couple of pods might malfunction, that's not to bad all things considered as long as the ship and 99% of the passengers reach their destination.

Nobody really cares about the stars attached to a film anymore huh

i dunno man she's an easy 9/10 from body and face alone i dont think you get a personality profile on the outside of every cryo pod

science fiction never performs stunningly at the box office. wait til the home video release it will probably make twice as much

At least by this point in the movie I had already accepted that this ship was built by retards.

But it was p good tbh fam, even though the sci fi didn't matter and wasn't thought through. I kept thinking about it as a big metaphor for the experience of marriage and from that angle it was at least interesting. I think someone (or everyone) involved in making it kept insisting that it needs to imitate Titanic to be successful, and most of the filler plot elements and set pieces seem to follow that formula.

I swear to fucking christ, if that autodoc could put someone back in stasis, why not use that system as a backup or something in case one stasis pod fails? You know, have a couple pods that use that system in case a couple pods malfunction or something.

Jesus christ this movie is stupid. Well, at least Chris Pratt's character did nothing wrong.

Why didn't he just wake up a qualified engineeer instead of a worthless ugly cunt who's ungrateful for his efforts to make her happy.

This.
Having a McDonalds run by robots means each ingredient is clean.

Being released around the same time as Star Wars doesn't help matters either.

Not even a 7/10

Read a bunch of crap from sjws about how this is sleeping beauty in space and it glorifies rape or whatever. Have no interest in seeing it but is it sleeping beauty in space?

Not really, if you squint you eyes you might see a subversion of that story but it doesn't really have anything to do with it.

I thought that those people would complain about how "white" the movie is and (actual spoilers ahead) how the only non-white person in the movie dies.
Do you have links to those articles? I could use a laugh.

What if the pod to malfunction contains some important individual like a leader or scientist, whose survival would prove important? In the random chance that their pod malfunction and they are doomed to grow old and die before reaching their destination. That is something random that could happen and compromise the entire travel, the fact they didn't even think this through was pure convenience.

This movie is dumb. Even Prometheus had an android to handle things while everyone else was asleep.

What's the point of making an android son replacement to compensate for your daughter's lack of Y chromosome? You could get a real son, or make a genetically enhanced clone of yourself.

Why not just genetically graft a dick on your daughter?

His daughter's coalburning ways made him realize it's better not to have human children.

That robot asshole got everyone killed by insulting the space aryan and even before that he was iffy as fuck. Androids are clearly not the way to go.

It is a shame science fiction never takes into consideration these kinds of logical solutions made possible by advanced technology when the plots eventually devolve into family and relationship trouble.

Is this movie The Shining in space?

Why raise a son who, after two decades of parenting, might turn out to be a dumb faggot when you can build a perfect and immortal son with just the body and mind you want?

He doesn't seem to consider the android truly a proper son, so there's that.

He likes him more than his daughter not that I blame him.

If the android was a real boy, there would be no need to be passive aggressive about the relationship with his daughter. He could have either kill then daughter or come up with some judicial bullshit to deny (most of) her inheritance.

Best course, of course, would have been making the girl into a boy as an infant.

She's a alien in skin suit

Among other things.

trashman.jpg

Not that hard to rationalize actually. Robots aren't capable of thinking outside the box, and repair work or programming can often require rather out there ideas in order to fix a problem.

Pretty much all the robots would really be good for are routine assignments, or things that don't require any real thought.

Have you ever worked a day in your life?

inb4 HURR DURR not at McDonald's!!!

Maintaining equipment is extremely inside-the-box. You check indicators on the equipment that tell you everything is working. You notice which indicators aren't reading what they're supposed to read, you notice what they are reading, and then you find a troubleshooting procedure for the reading or lackthereof you're getting. You follow the troubleshooting procedure, which more often then not is just a simple if-then flowchart, and you follow it til it tells you what the problem is and gives you a repair procedure to follow. Analyzing the problem doesn't require anything more complicated than a computer that can answer multiple choice questions with the right answer right in front of it. It'd be easy as shit to have maintenance bots, especially if it's the fucking future and you've got fucking future tech. At most you might need like one human or true AI engineer awake to take care of things in the unlikely event that a problem the builders never thought of arises.

conservatives?

I don't understand why people say she is physically attractive.

we're not talking about using duct tape and bubble gum to fix your volkswagon bug hippy. a fucking spaceship would have extremely limited need for clever repairs, 99.99999% of repairs would just require following the fucking manual instructions

I'd bangarang her rufio if you know what i mean

Thats what the ship does though, you see it fix dozens of problems within seconds throughout the movie.

Because he's probably dead.

Not everybody is a goddamn maniac who just disposes of family members like you throw away your hotpocket wrapper user

And yet shit still goes wrong beyond what the manual covers you fucking autist. Why do you think all of our astronauts have to be geniuses? Shit goes wrong in a way that the manual didn't cover and they ave to work it out their own damned selves.

Child and/or low IQ confirmed.

Maintaining, yes. Maintaining is VERY inside the box, but I'm not talking about fucking maintaining. I'm talking about goddamned FIXING shit, and anyone who has ever worked on anything with moving parts can tell you that shit can break in some truly awe inspiring ways, and you'll often have to work out alternative methods to get things going that a robot would not be able to think of.

Oh yes, clearly all you need to be an astronaut is to be able to lift. Better tell all the surviving guys who went to the moon that their education was for nothing.

Clearly you don't have much of an education if you think having one makes you a "genius".

Actually, I do. Enough to know that having an education doesn't make you a genius but it sure as fuck helps.

Do you have any idea what all a person has to actually know just to be an astronaut? Engineering, biological science, physical science, or mathematics just to fucking FLY the damned shuttles! By the time you're done learning you pretty much qualify as a genius by default!

Do you like Sherlock Holmes, btw?

And you continue to miss my original fucking point. Things go wrong in ways you don't expect them to! An AI or robot or whatever WOULD NOT be able to think of anythig to actually fix problems the manual doesn't fucking cover!

Hell, this is actually the goddamned PLOT in the fucking movie! Shit goes wrong in ways that was never anticipated and the AI can't do shit to fix it because no one ever saw these issues coming up!

Why are you yelling?

Um you can't tell if he's yelling unless he capslocks all his words…

Or maybe he is watching the other user post, did you ever think of that one huh?

No, I'm using exclamation marks as well.

Because I'm dealing with someone who apparently has worse reading comprehension than my dog.

Um no one sounds out the words they're typing…

I think you have a solid misunderstanding of what AI is.

I'm also stung you didn't answer my Sherlock Holmes question.

She got 20 M for supporting role while Pratt got 12 M for lead and media cunts are still bitching about inequality

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/12/29/why-jennifer-lawrences-20m-and-chris-pratts-12m-passengers-payday-was-a-trap/#1be1bb3b78e6

Why didn't the engineer guy start waking up other technicians once he realized that shit was fucked?
Why didn't the AI start waking people up when it encountered unfixable problems?
Why use the sleeping pods that can only be used once when you have autodocs that be used multiple times?
Why not have a rotation of people who spend 1 month awake and then go to sleep while another person wakes up to look after the ship?
Why was there not an emergency way to wake up the captain?
Why didn't Pratt and Lawrence take turns sleeping in the autodoc so they could both make it to the new planet?

Better yet WHY WAS THERE ONLY ONE FUCKING AUTODOC ON THE WHOLE GODDAMN SHIP

So am I dipshit. It's called corrective mainentance. 99% of the time you can solve that shit with a flowchart or bulit-in test equipment. For the other 1% of the time, you can have one true AI set up to supervise because it's the future and you have future tech now.

And the last thing you really want is an AI that can think creatively. Do you keep up with any Sci-Fi at all? That sort of thing is pretty much a staple of the "mad machine" plot.

And yeah, 99% of the time you can solve that shit with a flowchart or bulit-in test equipment. Doesn't change the fact that the 1% comes up more often than anyone would like, and relying on something that can't think beyond the flowchart is just asking for problems when that happens. (And again, this EXACT PROBLEM is the fucking plot of the goddamned movie!)

she's average looking at best and her shit fake personality takes her down about 5 pegs.

He's a bit of a dick really

She's a typical chubster gone coke head.

I ended up mostly okay with that, considering that the whole romance felt too one-sided. He obviously was attracted to her in looks and personality and pretty much hit the jackpot by waking her up, but she was more like just rolling with it at the lack of a better option, even after realizing that her waking up was not an accident. Most likely because she decided to follow her friend's advice and tried to let herself be loved by someone.

I'm not sure if the whole thing not feeling reciprocal was intentional for the purposes of the story or if JLaw is that shitty of an actress.

Hmmm, I'ms tarting to think that Damon Lindelof may have actually improved Prometheus with his rewrite.

M8…