ITT: bad films with great aesthetic

ITT: bad films with great aesthetic

I liked that film, wasn't bad at all.

trash

what do you have against love user? i thought it was a fine flick.

You sound like one of them e-celeb tubers who don't understand movies due to autism and make hour long videos ranting about them.

Tron Legacy.

The music and the visuals will always be great.

The story was either average or above average, not necessarily bad.

It was a by-the-numbers uninspired hero story.

Matrix, fifth element, more than I can think of now, it's been done before and this movie added nothing new.

That's true of both Tron movies.

Only valid ones posted so far.

Dune wasn't bad at all.

Maybe the first half was passable, but then it totally falls apart.

Was the movie version of Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy really that bad? I remember watching it and it seemed pretty funny.

Elysium

It's okay, but it's by far the weakest version of the story. Even the shonky TV series from the 80's was better.

let me put it this way:

in the movie, there's a gun that forces anyone shot with it to see things from the shooter's point of view. when Zaphod fires it at Trillian, she just shrugs it off and says "The point-of-view gun doesn't work on me. I'm already a woman!"

The entire flick was reddity as fuck.

Any blomkamp film eve if it's always about how shitty south africa is

Cyborg

to be fair, South Africa is really, really shitty

Used to be better before the niggers took it over.

You faggots are all more retarded than his nonfunctional legs.

Avatar didn't have all that great of an aesthetic.

The marian had potential to be a good movie but fucking Matt Damien decided to smirk his way through the entire fucking thing. Saw it in theaters and the entire audience was fucking hambeast middle aged women gushing every time his face was on screen. Also the blatant chinese pandering. Mars itself and the practical sets were top-notch though.

It had it's moments but overall it wasn't very good. It also came out during a very awkward period of time so it seems much more dated than it really is. The whole Hitchhiker's Guide being a literal book just a few years before smartphones became a reality it just sad, especially when Douglas Adams was a huge techonophile and wrote parts of his later stories on a PDA. Also they changed a lot of the plot, in the book they never went to the Vogon planet and it felt just tacked on and pointless. It felt like there was initially a lot of love put into the film, but it was dumbed down and simplified for the sake of the general audience.

To be fair since it was devised by pissy housewifes it wouldn't surprise me they would design a weapon that couldn't be used against themselves.

Looks horrible on a computer monitor but if you saw it in theaters in imax 3d it was the fucking shit.

Honestly it felt like Cameron was re-using a lot of the Aliens tech from the Marines.

There is nothing bad about that movie.

It transcends dimensions tho.

as a physicist the black hole in interstellar got me rock hard too bad movie was meh

Fiction about fiction gets you rock hard?

The writing is shit and the actors have this really fake, forced way of talking (Harrison Ford in particular sounds constipated half the time), but the art direction and special effects are superb.

That's seems a bit idiotic, considering that the movie was released a full 2 months before Reddit, as a site even existed.

So? The redditors did not appear out of thin air once the site was created, they were always there in the shadows, with their smug grins and shit tastes. Nay, nor did the freefolk in these parts come into being with this site nor any other site that hosts imageboard. Reddit is not a site, it is a state of mind.

I wholeheartedly agree. Unfortunately, I didn't have the privilege of watching it in IMAX format, but I do have to say that it was the only good use of 3D that I've ever seen done in a movie before. Every other film, especially horror films that pathetically try to use it as a primary marketing tool to scare audiences by "throwing" body parts at them through the screen (i.e. My Bloody Valentine 3D, Saw 3D: The Final Chapter, etc.), looked completely fake and forced.

why are most of these sci fi films?

Maybe because sci-fi films tend to have interesting scenery and visuals.

(checked)
That was pretty profound, user. I'm going to have to steal that for future use.

I mean the designs of Avatar were kind of boring. The aliens were all just something taken from Earth, made blue and taller and given extra limbs. It felt lazy.

They're really having to force the blue/orange contrast with that poster.

I wouldn't call Interstellar bad, just grossly overhyped and cheesy, but certainly enjoyable.
I raise you pic related.

Looking at the trailer now the movie looks awful

This

The Fifth Element is a space opera done right…
Hell it's nearly the only space opera done right (and the author even went to put a real opera in it for the shits and giggles).
The pacing is amazing, it's "light-hearted but not retarded", the story serves it's purpose, so do the cast, the aesthetic is quite possibly the best (If you ask why it's easy, instead of just ripping of Moebius and Mezzieres art, Besson put them on the payroll, unlike Lucas/Spielberg/Scott/Carpenter did), the score is awesome too.

It's a fucking good movie.

Eh. It's okay, they had to lower it for normies consumption but the original work is still recognizable enough.

Is this the most aesthetic science fiction film since Blade Runner?

I thought it was a good movie.

Most of Carpenters stuff and spielbergs stuff is good aesthetically but they make shitty movies.

/thread

Wachowski faggot movies.

I agree. I don't get the praise. The book was shit, and the movie was shit.

Doesn't even look half as good as Star Wars PT.

Yeah, but those were good movies.

Star Wars isn't science fiction. The prequels were art films for kids.

Enter My Sister's Vagina

I thought they were science fantasy.

That's not fair, you can't compare a mere film like Oblivion to kino of the highest order.

There's zero CGI in this frame.

You have seen him run, haven't you?

Wait, what are you saying?

Looks like my office lounge room, so techno, wow.

Isn't it obvious?
TOM CRUISE IS CGI

I always thought he was a robot.

The opening was the best, visually speaking. Those dunes…

Solace. I thought it was pretty damn good but critics hated it.

The Martian was basically Reddit: The Movie. It's cringy as fuck and shitty joke after shitty joke

Elysium is top tier kino.
I really hate Matt Damon but I liked him in the movie.

It's basically a high fantasy movie.

Is Apollo 13 true kino then?

>>>Holla Forums

I like the aesthetic of the movie so much that I'm going to watch it again.

Elysium has top tier visual effects, but the cinematography and editing are beyond trash.

Good for you, I've got bad eyesight and had to watch cuckvatar in 2D format back in '09. The CGI's nice, but it was a trash flick.

A bad film comprised of short films.

Really? I liked that movie a lot. That and a lot of the different artstyles were interesting.

I'd agree with the movie, but the book was totally different.

Can this just be a soundtrack thread instead?

itt: desperate contrarianism

The trailer for that introduced me to coheed and cambria.

Was sad that movie was shit.

I just want someone, anyone, to confirm if they too felt like hitting something when that fat hook nosed cunt mumbled on about some "Algonquin Round Table repartee".

That felt so fucking unneccessary and forced. He couldn't keep his cunt hole shut and do his fucking job?

Yeah, that got real old real fast. At some point you just want to shove a sock in her to shut her up.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Is it wrong that I get hard when Gunter closes the hatch and all the cogs and shit spin.

I also love all the technical gibberish they use during launching. Why don't more films do this?

Goddamn, I hate this site now.

I know, right? we should go to a place that appreciates good movies, such as r/film

t. shit taste

You are living in a bubble. True, most of the stuff that they praise is shit, but some of it is still good.

You are a faggot for putting on your tunnel vision goggles and only accepting stuff that is good for 8/tv/.

An interesting commonality, why are almost all movies mentioned about spess?

I bet you have extremely entry-level taste.

Fucking Snyder.

Naw son.

Is it wrong that I like 300. It's silly but it embraces it and is so straight faced that I like it.

it just means you have low intelligence

Blade Runner post was bait, Blade Runner Final Cut is officially considered 8/tv/ kino