Icelandic should be the international solidarity language of European/White people. Why?

Icelandic should be the international solidarity language of European/White people. Why?

First of all it's deeply linked to an important culture in European history: Norse culture. In fact, modern Icelandic has changed so little from its ancient ancestor Old Norse that speakers of it can read the great sagas that form our basis of knowledge about much of Germanic and Viking history. Take a look

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legendary_saga
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagas_of_Icelanders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_language

In the past, we had a unified European educational system in place, in which everyone from the USA to Iceland to Romania learned Greek and Latin, and read the classics. This is the ideal we should shoot for, but this time with an Icelandic base to give it a more fully rounded European context (not just Mediterranean).

No, that would be like implying the international use of Latin was endangering cultures.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetic_Edda
utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/eieol/norol-0-X.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharevousa
youtube.com/watch?v=yeJ-iv3MOTo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimskringla
counter-currents.com/2016/03/the-decay-of-words-1-virtue-and-vice/
counter-currents.com/2016/03/decay-of-words-2-work-and-leisure/
counter-currents.com/2016/03/decay-of-words-3-fate-and-action/
8ch.net/pol/res/5815931.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Qj8n4_wNf38
lituanus.org/1969/69_3_02.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Latin_quotations
lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radviliada
perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.04.0001:part=2:section=12
strawpoll.me/10071324
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraism
fluentin3months.com/level-up/
duolingo.com/
1000mostcommonwords.com/1000-most-common-icelandic-words/
facebook.com/birgir.loftsson/videos/vb.1210745716/10204904851080296/?type=2&theater
voluspa.org/voluspa.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It would have to be adapted into the culture to be done right. We only speak icelandic at home and with close friends/family we speak English with all the muds and outsiders. It would do wonders to separate us from outsiders.

very good insight, I totally agree

Cool language but every Icelander I've ever met has been a massive cuck.

elaborate

Why not just use Latin? Most important texts are written in Latin, and if not Greek. It is even more historically important than Norse because it has seen use in both Pagan and Christian society, is easy to learn, and relevant for all Europeans, not just a small handful of Icelanders.

also this
people become more cucked the further from reality they are. Iceland is a wealthy, isolated, state with 0 immigration, so it's no wonder they have no idea what happens outside their island, other than what they see on the goybox

You could have kept it to the thread already discussing language. What are you trying to slide Schlomo?

I'm up for it. Ég elska íslensku og Ég tala það smá. Though mines not very good.

And I do think Latin may be a better choice, due to cultural significance and availability.

We should have an educational gold standard where the most educated/intellectual of our people can understand all 3.

BUT Icelandic is a modern language with unlimited modern recordings. We can speak it totally accurately. Modern makes it much easier to learn than either Greek or Latin.

Not saying we need to get rid of Latin and Greek, but we should learn Icelandic too. Lots of key mythological texts for Europeans are in Icelandic.

Isolated groups don't have to become cucked. If we educate our people, we won't fall for that crap.

Make TV watching and believing what it says into a big joke. It won't be hard.

Not a bad idea at first glance though it needs further examination for a thorough evaluation.

In the "Earl of chesterfields letters to his son" (You can read it for free at project Gutenberg) which takes place in the 1700s, We read that the Earl's son learns several languages including Latin, French, German, Greek and more. Similarly We see in a young girls diary by Sigmund Freud, 1900s (not Anne Frank, a different book) that a noble girl whould also learn these languages.

Clearly from these accounts; and I'm sure others as well, one's demand of several languages was common place, at least amongst those of the middle and upper class.

Language is the foremost expresser of thought and a cornerstone of a culture, the adoption of English as a world language has dissolved cultural Independence, the adoption of a pan European language would help tie the whole of European peoples more closely together, I believe Icelandic is a good candidate to fulfil this role.

Greek is a modern language mate. There is plenty of recordings and media. Much more than Icelandic to be honest.

Knowing modern Greek doesn't allow you to read old Greek literature, whereas knowing modern Icelandic allows you to read Old Norse literature.

Ben Klassen felt Latin should be the white racial language. Rome was the greatest civilization, and the West is really just an extension of that empire. We should all speak Classical Latin as the Romans spoke it.

I think Old Norse should be more widely studied along with Latin and Greek. Up until a few centuries ago Latin and Greek proficiency was required for higher education but not anymore. Latin can still be taken as a class in most high schools in America but you cant say the same for Greek. While you can still study Greek and Latin in most colleges today, almost none of them offer Old Norse. This needs to change.

If it were up to me Latin would again be a requirement for college/university and every high school in America would offer classes in Latin, Greek, and Old Norse.

I strongly agree. Icelandic is the closest to Proto-Indo-Aryan of any living language.

A lot of people don't understand how poisoned the English language has become. There's some things we could restore (i.e., change 'cool' back to 'swell'), but it's an uphill battle.

English has, over time, become less of a 'synthetic language' like most Aryan languages and become more 'analytic' like Hebrew. Along the way it's acquired a more rigid syntax that makes it far less poetic than it historically was.

I don't know how Icelanders would feel about this, though. (Maybe we'll have to adopt Faroese instead?)

As someone with Icelandic ancestors I support this motion. Know of any resources to get started?

Not trying to be a dick, but seriously.

Being taught Greek and Latin early on in life means that the kids should know it all by 10, basically. That was normal. Now it's an ideal, but we should try to do that. These three languages have texts that are of core importance to European history and civ.

Indo-Aryan is not really the proper term, it's Indo European. Aryan only refers to one branch of this language family, that spoken in India. And Lithuanian is the closest to the original PIE, but Lithuanian has hardly any texts that are of any cultural value to us.

Icelandic is optimal because by knowing it you can read very ancient texts with ease, like this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetic_Edda

This is for Old Norse, but it's good
utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/eieol/norol-0-X.html

I'm sure that there are ample resources for learning modern Icelandic, including Youtube videos. When you learn modern Icelandic, reading old texts becomes very easy.

That is not the case, it is an elective option at only a very slim minority of schools and is only common in private institutions.

*tips fedora*

implying I'm Pagan

Why not these three? We get the ancient text, the Imperiums culture, and a more poetic english.

I don't recall saying anything about Creativity, much less implying. As stupid as it may be, Klassen did have some good things to say.

Latin I could potentially see, but Old English??? Why would anyone suggest that?

Agreed, I guess. The problem is that Creativity comes off as megaretarded from any of its websites. Some of its core ideas are good, though.

fuck off you'll probably support the EU if it was right wing nationalist

no

This is an old false argument I've heard. Europeans are being attacked and underminded from South Africa to Australia to Europe to America. Wanting a greater cooperation between Europeans is not wanting to erase all past European cultures.

That's like saying Latin education in France, Germany and Italy is there to undermine France, Germany and Italy.

Have you heard olde english? Mostly to fuck with mudshits, but I think it sounds pretty and kind of flowy

But it's not culturally relevant. Yea, there's Beowulf. But by learning Icelandic we will be able to read tons of really great and important books.

It's on the level of Latin, OE isn't

Alright then

Icelander and latin, what's the third to complete it? Just modern english?

Greek

But isn't correct?

I like the idea of a mediterranean and norse langauge for balance.

My vote is:
1) Latin
2) Icelandic

Although honestly I'll be learning German and Russian first - after I get out of this hell hole university. Greek is great, but I think is less versatile for combining the old and new.

How about Katharevousa?
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharevousa

Yeah that's why we study ancient Greek. Sorry I should have specified.

this is so important

good post

The Romans were pagan before they were Christian you tard

If we required all truly knowledged Holla Forumslacks to communicate in Icelandic (which is roughly a two year commitment) it would definitely ease the shill flow. Though Icelandic browsers would be an issue.

It's like we should invent our own language. Memeroglyphics or something.

Retard.
Icelandic has no connection to anyone but Scandinavian Europeans.
Whereas Latin was the ancient pan-European language

Let's not turn this into a LARPagan vs Christcuck thread. No derailing.

I like the idea of having white students learn
1) their own nations language to perfection (don't let the language degenerate with every generation, as English has)
2) Icelandic (for the Norse connection)
3) Latin (the language of the biggest white empire and arguably the peak of white civilization)
4) Katharevousa (Greek. It's a mix between ancient and Modern Greek. So you can talk to regular Greek people and talk about modern devices like phones or cars, but you can also read the old classics) I linked to Katharevouusa

So what languages are you all learning and how is it coming along? I'm pretty deep into Latin now and I've been reading Livy. Good shit.

'Nihil enim in speciem fallacius est quam prava religio'

So… what's wrong with English exactly?

Nothing. I think the point of the thread is to use another lesser known language, among ourselves?

Either that or for reading ancient texts?

Bottle in the water, but I'm wondering if any of you got a copy of the Icelandic translation of The Lord of the Rings ?

Got The Hobbit in epub, but impossible to find or buy LOTR …

If anyone got it, a scan would be greatly appreciated, it has been out of print for years…

not true

Norse was spoken very widely in Europe at one time, from Russia to France to England to Scotland to Ireland

Also Norse literature deals with much of European history, and has a lot to say about medieval England.

Are you dumb ?

I am 99% certain this is some new D&C slide tactic meant to get people arguing over what language is "whiter." Ten guaranteed replies at least, it will almost certainly start an argument, an argument can be faked with ID fuckery if one doesn't naturally occur, and they can be bumped up from the bottom to slide shit that's actually important.

If you LARPing motherfuckers were actually serious, you'd use Latin as the mother tongue, since it's a complex dead language that would make us immediately identifiable.

whaaaaat the fuck.

I already explained why Latin is not ideal, it's not spoken today. Everyone speaking Latin speaks it inauthentically. Are you paranoid or just a shill? Why is this a slide tactic?

pic=Icelandic language as spoken around 900 AD

for both

I'm trying to learn Norse, Greek and Latin. Knowing all three makes somebody able to read almost all the important literary works in European history.

It should be an ideal we shoot for.

Latin would be better.
Not all Europeans/Whites are nords.

Not all Europeans/Whites are Latins either. What's your point?

Also I'm totally in favor of Latin education, but Latin is a dead language, people who speak it aren't as authentic as say French or Icelandic speakers

That's all well and good for Northern Europeans, but I don't see why the rest of Europe or the various former British colonies would be motivated to learn this.

No.

What language represents all of us?
This is the problem.

Also, could you please cease pushing this EVROPA cringefest?

You're blindly following the leftists footsteps by attempting to create a Europe wide language. We can work together without being together.

Jews resurrected Hebrew.
But then again, Latin isn't all of Europe as the other user said.

There's no point in learning a language unless it's something all Europeans had in their History.

Like that friend a person usually doesn't see, but knows he has his back when trouble comes.

I'd avoid speaking anything else than french. I oppose any form of globalisation if it's continental. Europe is beautiful because it's not really that big and it's diverse. by diverse I mean: romance, slav, germanic, uralic, illyrian,…languages.
english is just an internet meme language so it doesn't count.

you shouldn't try to make a single nation out of europe. you'le slowly kill what it made europe in the first place. I will guess that the people that does those kind of thread are american in their early 20s who lack identity so it reallies on the totality of europe to create his own personal identity and actually believe that he is culturally close to it.

Here's some options:

1. English, because we all speak it already.
2. Lojban, because fuck you.
3. Make up your own god damned language you lazy fuck.

No language represents us all, but we can *potentially* make Icelandic that. Remember that Icelandic was spoken all over Europe at one time . It's also a living language, making it much easier

Because our cultures and peoples are dying off, we need to work together.

I already said a number of times I'm in favor of Greek and Latin education. However, Greek and Latin are not ideal because they are not living languages.

I believe that the ideal of a well rounded European education would be knowledge of all three of these languages.

Also

That would be like saying that tons of Europeans from everywhere knowing and understand Latin was going to erase individual cultures.

No.

Norse culture influenced everybody. It's an important part of our culture, actually. For centuries Europeans all over the world read and identified with Roman culture through its literature. Every European likely has a little bit of Norse blood, even Italians since the Norse settled heavily in Sicily.

I'm not.

Why French ?

You're right.
Europeans are diverse and have unique cultures, traditions and values that can't be replaced.

Icelandic is a great language and i highly recommend learning it.

Proto-Indo-European?

4. Learn Elvish if you're autistic enough for it. It's based on Icelandic and Latin if i remember correctly.

Latin is a Europe wide language.
-De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium by Copernicus POLISH
-Astronomia Nova by Kepler GERMAN
-Sidereus Nuncius by Galileo ITALIAN
-Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica by Newton ENGLISH
-Systema Naturae by Linnaeus SWEDISH

Latin was the language of Europe for millennia

I'm born in a place that speaks french. The best I can do to protect the culture is by speaking the language of this nation, french.

Yes but it's not good to revive as a spoken language. Have you heard it spoken by people trying their hardest to make it sound right? It just sounds…. in authentic. Even modern Italian would be better for a modern spoken language imo.

But again, I'm NOT against Latin education, I think it's very important.

ITT: Monolingual English speakers telling each other how they're totally going to learn another language some day.

Can you imagine what an American southerner would sound like trying to speak Icelandic?

Inauthentic at best. We don't need a universal spoken language. English basically already fills that role. What is the point of this thread again?

OP probably wanted to try to do some group stuff and thought it would be a good idea to learn a language that we would all share. Personally, I wish there was more language thread on Holla Forums as I like to learn to speak other languages.

The language and speaking of it would grow over time. A primary source of this growth ability would be Icelandic recordings. Speaking would improve over time. No such recordings exist for Latin.

And Icelandic has the advantage of enabling us to read a lot of old and important literature. English is the language of the world, spoken by millions upon millions upon millions of non-ethnic-Europeans.

Icelandic can be our in group language, with ease.

Iceland would be a fitting cultural hub for the people forged by winter.

Okay how about English for common speech, Icelandic for certain historical and academic purposes especially related to central and northern Europe. Then, Latin, for the same reason again in central and southern Europe.

1. English (common)
2. Icelandic (academia)
3. Latin (academia)

Forgot to add:

Like suggested, Icelandic could be used as a "common" language of sorts for Europeans only and Latin would be strictly academic and historical since it's not a living language. Obviously, English would be used as the world language for trading etc.

Good idea. Don't let a few buttmad yuros ("y-you're trying to huh-homogenize us!") discourage it, I'm currently learning German and would love to pick up a little Icelandic, since it's very similar to Old English.

Fucking retard.

Except that the Norse has a huge imput into everything Europe became. They changed the map of Europe forever.

It may not be as important as Roman culture, but to claim it's not influential is false. The Norse actually established Russia for heavens' sake. The ancient Rus were a Norse tribe.

Let's just speak Roman then.

Already explained this multiple times >>5834772

Quenya (Old Elvish) was based on Finnish, Latin, and Greek, with further influence from ancient Germanic languages and Proto-Indo-European. This was used in poems and such but was generally a dead language during the time period of LOTR. The living Elvish that was spoken during LOTR was Sindarin, which was based on Celtic and Welsh, but had influence from Quenya much like real-world Welsh has from Latin.

t. nerd that knows way too much about Elvish

and this

Norse culture is very important for northern Europeans. England was heavily influenced by Norse settlers and was later conquered by Normans (Norse who colonized France). Ireland and Scotland were similarly impacted. Russia was originally founded by the Norse.

Admittedly most former Roman countries have little to do with it, which really underscores the futility of any pan-European solidarity in my mind. There's honestly a pretty significant gap between the Germanic, Latin, Greek, and Slavic cultures of Europe. Even if you could find some solidarity within those groups, finding much across groups is an uphill battle.

It's a battle we have to take on, though, given that Europeans are all being attacked by Islam and the left, today. The last thing leftshits want is for Europeans working with each other on an international basis.

They want us scared, isolated and small. That's why they hate western civilization so much, because it's a big thing that multiple European peoples are a part of.

For the record, the EU=/=Western Civ.

it used to be Christianity.
shitpost flame war pls no
It was called christendom. But we all know that christianity in its current form is cucked beyond saving. With the possible exception of Orthodox, which i dont see catching on beyond slavic spheres of influence.

something along these lines is the only thing i see uniting Europeans

Much like the various greek city states that stopped killing each other long enough to BTFO the persians. Hopefully Euros can unite against our common enemys, both within and without.

hit submit too early

I also dont believe we necessarily need an "in group" language. We need to deport gaschamber of all the shitskins and kikes, that way we wont have to worry about having a language to use only amongst our selves, because we will be amongst only ourselves.

It's already happening, European nationalist groups coordinate in marches. We don't have to erase any existing European cultures, but having a common solidarity against our enemies, those who want to see us all destroyed, will help us.

We need a common European educational movement that teaches European history as a whole. Throughout our history, Europeans have had to fight together to prevent Islam and other invaders from taking over. Acknowledging the importance of Western Civ and pan-Europeanness isn't an EU style attack against individual European cultures, btw.

I think that present circumstances are forcing us towards it. The truth is that every single European culture is endangered and at risk of dying off completely in 2016. A little banding together to save as many as possible is a good idea.

We can worry about globalization after we get rid of the non-Europeans. Right now, the left is literally terrified of European nationalists working together. No lefty wants to think that maybe just maybe Polish or Czech nationalists could attack their agenda in say Sweden or the Netherlands.

Soros and co want to divide and conquer us all. They want you to associate Europe with the EU, when in fact the EU is diehard anti-European.

Peace

I love latin and roman nationalism, one of the greatest empires of all time. I would love to switch to it but I need to learn it, at this point I know words and can get a semi decent grasp on a sentence but that's about it (took two years in high school).

Ancient Rome was one of the greatest empires to walk this planet.

ROMA INVICTA

The fire rises

youtube.com/watch?v=yeJ-iv3MOTo

Germanic scum
it should be latin
lookup who made modern law

Most modern law comes from a combination of English common law which is Germanic based and Roman law, actually. But it differs by country

theres a gaschamber just for you

toplel

Bump

I agree with OP

I really do agree with you in some manner, as long as you don't have a problem with all nations maintaining their language.

But perhaps we should go further and make Norse the language of whites, like you say Icelandic is close to norse in some aspects, but both Norwegian, Swedish and even English are also very similar when it comes to basic words.

Didn't the Christians burn all the book and use them for toilet paper or re-purposed bibles? So what is left but Christian versions of our stories like the Odinist faggots worship? Like Snorri's tales which isn't the real religions

You're confused user, I'm not a pagan. But actually a lot of sagas preserve a lot about Norse pagan culture

Icelandic is THE MOST like Norse. And it's modern so there are countless recordings we can use to know exactly how to pronounce it. and yea, we shouldn't try to get rid of French in France or Slovakian in Slovakia.

100% agree

You're that fuicking retard.
Snorris tales are based on the religion and is something we should be greatful for.

However there is another Edda entirely if you don't know. And even though Christians may have recorded them they are the stories told since ancient times, and the proof is that they were still around as stories long after these monks recorded it and Iceland with Scandinavia was allegedly Christened.

You can't just read one or two books about the old faith and think them bibles, the faith and its customs are far more complicated than Christianity.

Well yeah you are right.
Mostly said that because it is extremely interesting to me how some English and Swedish words are more like Proto-Norse than the equivalent Icelandic words.
I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to language.

Or, perhaps, just perhaps we can skip the romanticizing of thousand year old mythology and instead focusing on how to expel Jews from all white nations without this leading to our own destruction. And for this cause we could use the language that we are using in this thread and basically everywhere these matters are discussed. But retarded occultism is somehow more important at this stage? I'm quite sure OP is just a native English-speaker being humble about "his" language and stupidly believes he is making us non native speakers a favor. You're not.

Cool idea, but keep the Latin/Greek
I Icelandic more of a "diplomat's language" like French (in that words can mean different things), or a "lawyer's language" like English (words usually have exact meanings)?

Most european languages have more in common with latin.
It's a fucking joke to say it's a living language when not even a million people are speaking it.

Face it, you're a fucking larpagan and this is a shit thread.

agreed, Latin and Greek matter, too

I ain't no pagan, friend

For all interested, this is a really amazing Icelandic work that has massive relevance for all Europeans en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heimskringla

Nay, even English borrowed from latin in modern times in comparison to Old Norse.

Latin is for the non-white "Europeans"

This is all pretty LARPy, but Julius Evola also saw the ancient languages as better. Very relevant to this topic.

counter-currents.com/2016/03/the-decay-of-words-1-virtue-and-vice/

thanks user, I'll take a look

The other two parts:

counter-currents.com/2016/03/decay-of-words-2-work-and-leisure/

counter-currents.com/2016/03/decay-of-words-3-fate-and-action/

TL;DR The change in meaning of words is important, reflects negative trends in society, and we should (somehow) go about reviving the original meanings of words.

bump

I respect that Iceland has retained a lot of its traditions and culture.

For me (a non-Icelandic, non-Scandinavian white Burger) and other non-Icelandic people to start picking up Icelandic is only going to end up creating a shitty facsimile of what the Icelandic people have, lacking any root or genuine connection to the culture.

This entire thread concept is retarded. If you're white you have your own European roots, stop trying to rip off the Scandinavians because you secretly wish you were a Viking. Stop pissing on your actual heritage, for fuck's sake.

Icelandic/Norse literature has relevance to a huge number of European nations and regions. The Netherlands, Germany, England, Scotland, Ireland, Lombardy in Italy, Austria, Switzerland, obviously all are included.

Norse lit is a part of Western Civ just like Greek and Roman lit are. Learning Latin doesn't mean you want to be a Roman, nor does learning Icelandic make you a wannabe Viking.

o yea, Russia too, forgot that

I had the exact same thought just a moment ago.
It's shocking to think about how ancient people were able to develop their language to this degree while we can't even retain what they left behind.

What people don't realize is that language is not only a way to communicate ideas with other people, but also a tool to process them internally.
Language defines ideas giving us a grasp on intangible concepts.
Our mastery on reality and the order of our minds depends on the level of language we use.
This is the reason an attack on language can devastate our whole society and newspeak is a lot more dangerious than most people assume.

fascinating

I think you'll find this thread interesting: 8ch.net/pol/res/5815931.html

cool beans user

bump

Here's why I think you're wrong:
Latin was the language of Europe's educated men for hundreds of years. It was a requirement in order to read scientific texts, religious texts, political texts, legal texts and historical texts. It also ensured a common ground for thinking men to communicate with one another. On the other hand, how many texts are there in Old Norse/Icelandic? Is there really such an expansive library of literature left behind, or is it just a handful sagas? Looking at the map posted here Old Norse and its related languages didn't really spread as far as it seems to be talked up.

I should also mention I am not suggesting Latin as an alternative.

The library of texts we can read in Old Norse is vast, a lot of texts are called sagas.

Basically saga just means events of the past recounted, sometimes with more mythological content, sometimes less.

I say we should make it a standard for educated Europeans like yourself to know all three: Greek, Latin and Norse. Icelandic is advantageous for being a still living language, which can be learned authentically, pronunciation wise, which can't be said for Greek or Latin

Norse didn't last in most of the areas it spread to, but the point is that there is some Norse heritage in much of Europe, from England to Russia to the Baltic to Italy, too.

I had a British history professor who said that latin was usually used among the upper echelon of both society and tradesmen, doctors, thinkers and Greek was used as well with the nobility waxing and waning with their various approval ratings of the Catholic Church.

He said in a lot of his grand father's books he had found notes in Greek.

If was ubiquitous with the people who lived meaningful historical lives essentially.

The dearth of history and myth and combinations of the two in ancient Greek and Latin are probably staggering. Two long lasting cultures and societies whose languages were the vehicle for European culture and the shared identity they bare.

A pan-European state is stupid but a pan-European nation is still the ideal.

Functionally speaking businesses, particularly big businesses seem increasing informal and imagine a modern government trying propose to actually do this. The burden they'd be putting on their people and children and employees to learn a "new" language or two.

Latin knowledge certainly still exists today with Americans some what. A lot of people I knew in high school took Latin either out of a passion for history but mostly kids that planned to do shit like pre-med.

How big is the gap from modern and ancient Greek and was just change over time or some Turkish influence?

it's not mutually intelligible. Big difference.

From what i've seen, it isn't so close that an uneducated greek could pick up a book of Plato and read it fluently, but still a lot closer than Latin is to Spanish/French/Italian.

I think Greeks can learn it easily, far easier than learning latin for italic peoples.

BTW, Icelandic is a very hard language, many foreigners I've seen there don't even bother to learn it, even after DECADES there. But same goes for Latin, unless you start very young, very few people will be fluent, even after years of study.

well, I know Spanish pretty well and I'm reading some wiki articles in Latin of shit I know already to see and I'm guessing if your reading comprehension isn't shit you should be able to pick it up pretty quick. I have heard their system for grammar is free form and from a cursory look it seems like their verbs have a lot more forms they can take.

So fluency is one thing but being able to understand written text, is usually significantly easier than trying to speak it.

Depends on what your goals are for something like this I guess. For one I think the ancient Romans and Greeks are just great sources to draw from for a shared cultural memetic background and nothing helps aid that more than using their languages as a means to study their history.

oh okay, they just use the same alphabet but like completely different vocabulary and syntax?

Latin is really hard and has a shitload of vocab that is nothing like Spanish. I know a lot of Latin and Spanish, btw

I don't know a hell of a lot about Greek, actually.

Education in Icelandic should begin early in life, of course

The alphabet is the same, but the pronunciation of said alphabet differs in many areas, especially the stop consonants and long vowels.

Syntax is a lot more analytic (i.e. fewer cases and not as compressed). Vocab is very different too, much like how a modern English speaker wouldn't be able to read much of the Old English of Beowulf.

All in all, modern Greek is very different from Ancient Greek.

That's to be expected, especially given that the Spanish were occupied by the Muslims for around 700 years and had a colonial empire thereafter.

OP is either trolling or retarded as Icelandic is the hardest language in the world to learn. Don't give me no bullshit about Mandarin or Japanese. It's Icelandic. This silly faggot didn't even learn French or Spanish and wants people speaking Icelandic.

lmfao it's not the hardest language in the world to learn, that's some really bogus shit.

OP, I appreciate the idea behind your thread, but trying to squeeze all European nations into some arbitrary framework will only generate friction. English has been our continent's lingua franca for years and there is still much resentment for it.

Keep in mind that Europe is a conglomerate of three major linguo-cultural "slabs", so to say - Germanic, Romance and Slavic, in addition to several small but distinct nations.

What sense does learning Latin make for a Norwegian or a Pole? What purpose would Icelandic serve to a Serb or a Greek? How are you going to explain to a Hungarian, a Finn or a Basque that he is going to have to learn a language that has absolutely nothing to do with his ancestry and culture? We might as well all start learning Lithuanian today, because it is the closest surviving relative of the Proto-Indo-European language.

If we are going to have an alliance of European nations (not the abomination that the EU is today) - separate but working together, we should let nature take its course while administering a few corrections in the process. For example, if EU survives for a few more years, we are going to see full collapse of Western Europe and Polish or Hungarian becoming a dominant European language instead of today's English/German. What we need to do is preserve the beleaguered European languages and ensure that the developments are not hijacked by some Jewish garbage like Esperanto suddenly rearing its head.

Plenty of Dutch and Germans and English have learned Latin, and benefited from the wealth of its literature.

That was at a time when translations were scarce, hard to come by and imprecise, so the only way to read foreign literature was to learn the language in which it was written. "Learning Russian to read Dostoyevsky" meme has roots in that time as well.
Today almost every single literary work has been dissected, translated and made available on the interwebs, so learning a language for the sake of reading has wildly dropped in popularity.

My idea doesn't involve any kind of political concepts or EU-like entities.

LMAO, maybe if you speak some language that derives only from Latin.

If you know English Icelandic shouldn't be so hard.

Neither does mine, but how are you going to inculcate your idea? Do you expect some diplomat to come to a meeting, refuse to speak to anyone in any language besides Latin and force others to adapt?

That's just not true, at all, translations of the Roman and Greek classics were available, but people kept on learning Latin and Greek, because they're part of what is called "high culture". You seem ignorant about this important piece of European history. Latin and Greek education is hugely significant in explaining the development of the European culture/cultures.

No, why would you think that's my idea, at all?

Kind of confused man

youtube.com/watch?v=Qj8n4_wNf38

just want to add really quickly the point of reading in the original language is that it's more authentic, while translations are good they aren't the be-all-end-all

Icelandic is very hard to learn but it's worth it.

English and Icelandic = Germanic
French and Spanish = Latin
You = Illiterate retard without a basic working knowledge of how Linguistic families work.

I think a lot of you are seeing this in the wrong light, it's not about ceating unity or conformity, it's about increasing access to history. Learning a group of languages calculated to expose important and relevant historical knowledge is a good idea.

The proposal would be:
1) Learn your own native language
2) Learn a common language to communicate with everyone, this is English currently
3) Learn languages historically relevant to your nation and your culture so you have better access to historical documents

Icelandic is a historical language which is relevant to many areas and cultural backgrounds, as are Latin and Greek.

Personally , I'm interested in learning icelandic because of my interest in Norse mythology and history, and also because of a specific interest in the old Icelandic weregilt system, which I think deserves more attention.

I'd actually say English is no longer Germanic, there are so many French loanwords I can occasionally understand French news broadcasts.

yea, even French on like Wikipedia if you know just a little bit of Latin is easy AF to understand

Lithuanian > Shitlandic tbh

“As a matter of fact, no other language in the world has received such praise as the Lithuanian language. The garlands of high honour have been taken to Lithuanian people for inventing, elaborating, and introducing the most highly developed human speech with its beautiful and clear phonology. Moreover, according to comparative philology, the Lithuanian language is best qualified to represent the primitive Aryan civilization and culture"
― Immanuel Kant

lituanus.org/1969/69_3_02.htm

“Anyone wishing to hear how Indo-Europeans spoke should come and listen to a Lithuanian peasant.” – Antoine Meillet.

Lithuanian has no great literature from the past. Lithuanian is fine, though. sure

It's not so much the vocab that determines the descent of a language; English is still very Germanic in its grammar, morphology and basic vocabulary (like numerals, basic words and conjunctions, etc.).

Latin is not a language group.
It is, however, the basis of all European languages no matter their origin, and influences even those without a writing script.

That's not how this works.
Just because the royal court in England disliked their own language and preferred to use French does not mean it no longer belongs to the Germanic group.

t. philology student

Would it mean that stormfags would stop trying to claim ancient romans were universally or even majority blond until arabs conquered sicily and somehow blacked the entire italian peninsula?

no, wtf, Latin is not the basis of Danish at all, it only influenced Danish for instance in its script

This has nothing to do with that. No one here is opposing Latin education, we support it.

Only shills use that buzzword

Unless you've actually studied romance languages and french I'm calling bullshit on you actually understanding broadcasts

There are far too many false-friends in french that have evolved from similar old french roots as the english words but have totally different meanings

The same is true of words in german that sound similar, however looking at german and dutch words you note that many of them look like fucked up english words whereas the base french words and grammar is just different but with words seemingly familiar to english speakers throughout

People have used stormfag to refer to faggots like you since 2011 and earlier. Fucking deal with the fact that not all of us subscribe to your autism.

Hey languagebro, this might be of interest to you, good stuff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Latin_quotations

Haven't studied, but as a baby I had a French sitter and I've been listening to a lot of French my whole life, so I probably picked up some without knowing.

He might not be a real Stormfag, very few people on here are total 14/88 LARPers.

And what does icelandic have? 10-15 tales of paganiggers pillaging christian monasteries?

That's not quality literature. You would be better off learning Lithuanian and reading "Radviliada", Song of the bison.

Study harder.

Maybe, but in any case I can't think of too many better words to describe them

Norse has lots of very high quality literature dealing with a big part of European history, with a lot of details about places beyond Scandinavia. Honestly no offense to Lithuanian, I have some Lithuanian roots, but there is just not very much noteworthy literature in your language.

What is this anyway?
lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radviliada
Explain why it's good

I've finished with the grammar, although I need to revise a few things (I still don't understand how to construct conditional sentences in indirect speech). Reading through Caesar's Gallic war.

Anyone going to attempt Greek? I have a textbook but haven't started.

How often are you planning to speak or write Latin anyway? I think you should master the comprehension before you try the construction.

In any case, for indirect speech, always think of it in terms of verbum dicendi and statement. Within that statement in indirect speech, you have your protasis (the conditional) and apodosis (the consequence).
The protasis, being subordinate anyway, is always in the subjunctive and is introduced by a conditional word (non-introduced clauses are rare and would have been hard for the Romans to understand in speech anyway).
The apodosis is almost always in some form of Infinitive. Future more vivid or less vivid is irrelevant here.

A contrafactual indirect quotation is more complicated to render, but just follow these steps:
1. Protasis stays in its original tense.
2. An active apodosis constructed with the Future Active Participle and the Infinitive fuisse.
3. A passive apodosis is constructed with ''futurum esse ut + Imperfect Subj.".
4. An indicative apodosis becomes a Perfect Infinitive.

Search for Conditions in Indirect Discourse here: perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.04.0001:part=2:section=12

Finish your Latin first; Ancient Greek gets easier after some experience with Latin.

this

Have you used interlinears, user? They're very good for learning Latin.

Norse can't possibly explain european history in detail outside of Scandinavia. I don't believe that there are more than one or two details about europe in general and what happened to the said "small part of european history" when Scandinavia is only one region.

Speaking a language with ancient roots is more important to me than literature about historic details that modern historians already know and have expanded upon.

The story has a hero (Mikalojus Radvila the brown) and an anti-hero (Ivan the terrible).
The events take place in the Livonian war.
Radvila's character is detailed like it was in real life.

His contribution is explained to the war and his victory in the said war. The war's end and the hero's death are also told. There are also hints of patriotism in there.

Wow you are retarded.

Icelandic has more general European relevancy than Lithuanian. Lithuanian is great, but honestly most people will not be motivated to learn it.

No one would be motivated to learn a new useless, dead language that only a couple of millino people speak.

I would suggest you go learn french for quality literature.

Also

But French is not ideal for a European solidarity language, the majority who speak it are Black and Arabs.

When i see something about Iceland, instantly think of this guy.

Who the fuck cares about ethnicities not your own? Germans and Poles can fuck off for all I care.

There is no such thing as "European solidarity". Such shit came about once or twice due to christianity and "muh crusades for jeruzalem, gotta pay the bills nigga", "Da turks is coming, quick! throw zealots at them!"

We can already see the "solidarity" of the european union that was brought about already as a carcass.

Each european country has a nation of their own, a culture of their own and they only have solidarity through their own language. They hate their neighbors.

Solidarity is impossible in europe without genocide.

Icelandic genes.

You'd be better served if you learned Frisian as that is a living brother of Old English, but Frisian in turn is so much closer to Dutch that aiming for some (purist) Dutch would land you a better available language to actually learn.

Not even the Romans spoke Latin, you idiot. The patricians were native Greek speaking and the plebs spoke gutter latin. Only bureaucrats and poets wrote in Latin. Also daily reminder that the original "lingua franca" is Old Dutch.

No, they simply started writing yiddish (=misschling German) in hebrew script and infused it with archaic words. neo-hebrew is not or ever will be similar to Hebrew

Nice bait Torstenberg. With snow jews, you lose.

I don't know words like contrafactual nor what more or less vivid means. These things weren't covered in my textbook.

Having read through that post, I still don't get it. I've already tried to learn it from that link. I don't know if I'm stupid or what.

I'll save your post and try to work on it.

That's what I have. It's book one of the gallic war. I have Horace, Cicero, and Virgil too. I'm not sure which to start after this.

Pro-Europe=/=Pro-EU

EU=Anti European

man.

Learning OE or Frisian or Dutch makes no sense. The patricians weren't Greek. They were Hellenized Romans. They believed their ancestors were Trojans, though.

And modern Hebrew is not just archaic words added into Yiddish

A whole post of nonsense.

We aren't trying to wipe out any European cultures. Having people know Icelandic won't erase culture any more than Latin and Greek erased the cultures.

What a long thread, and all of it in English.

Anglophobe detected

Ah, I see where you're coming from. Those terms come from the classical textbooks, which aren't the easiest for a new learner to get into. Have you at least learned the basic grammatical terms like Infinitive, Participle, Gerund, etc.? Which textbook are you using?

Anyway:
- contrafactual = irrealis = conditional of something did not actually happen in the past. English example: "If Cruz hadn't announced Fiorina as his running mate, then he might just still save his political career."

- future less vivid = speaker considers that potential event unlikely to happen. English example: "Pigs would fly before Cruz became President."

- future more vivid = speaker considers that potential event quite plausible. English example: "Wherever Trump goes, cucks will be triggered."

You started with Caesar? I guess there are worse texts to start with.

I'd say go with Cicero. Many authors who wrote in Latin during the Middle Ages and Renaissance based their style of writing on a small group of Classical Latin writers, and Old Tully had a significant influence within that group.

Horace and Virgil mostly composed poetry, which feels a lot more structure and "stilted" compared to what you might be familiar with in English. I wouldn't touch poems until you're able to read Cicero without needing to refer to a dictionary every 20 words.

Iceland was artificially created in 1995 to breed the strongest and tallest Europeans to fight in the upcoming race war

Reminder that Bjork is a coalburner

This much Christian asshurt.

Which was my point more or less
Don't put words into my mouth. The patricians were native speakers.
although Rome was founded by Trojans, the only discussion is as to which individuals
Yes, it actually is. Neo-hebrew is not related to actual Hebrew apart from the very few words that survived Aramaic, Greek, Latin, and German in the form of specific religious ritual terms.

It's easy to scorn something you are unwilling to listen to

but the grammar of modern Hebrew is not Germanic like in Yiddish, you should know that, it's pretty basic stuff

Sorry to be a dick

No one's going to want learn Icelandic, because less than half a million people know it. There's also no need to learn it for literature, since their sagas are translated into multiple languages.
Face it, the language is not beautiful either.

You would have to force people to learn Icelandic = soviet union = degradation of peoples' language by adding barbarisms in their native language = erosion of culture.

?not being able to spot an /int/ troll

No, Icelandic has the glamour and mystique of Germanic and Viking art and history, etc. There is a lot of interest in Norse culture, and it's not all just Pagan LARPy bullshit. Icelandic is a beautiful sounding language, too.

It's just an idea, but we should have a European educational movement and an independent culture outside of the mainstream leftwing standard. English and French are already mostly spoken by non-Whites. We need something of our own.

Also see here to clear up any more misunderstandings

I'm familiar with the basic working of the language, so those things aren't a problem.

I finished 'reading Latin' a few days ago. The last page wants me to go through and scan the poems I've read.

I need to study more.

What's wrong with Caesar at my level?

The Textbook I read had ample notes, so I was never in too much trouble. I loved the second last poem in the book, diffugere nives. How much harder is his other ones?

Thanks for clearing up those terms for me.

Also fewer people speaking it makes it more exclusive, which is better. You wanted us to learn Lithuanian, which also has very few speakers.

What gives? lol

find the interlinear pdf for Caesar's Gallic War. It's a very good, very helpful book

it's also easy to find

That's what I'm using.

No, no and no.

Most people are not some viking loving autists who are clouded by their own delusions.

Finnish is way more mystique and has way more glamour than Icelandic.

Get out of my face with that "muh vikings" shit.

Dude dude dude.

It's not just about vikings. Norse culture is a complex and interesting thing. You can't boil that down to dumb Pagan LARPers who are too dumb to really understand it, anyway.

Finnish doesn't have a great wealth of historical literature, either. Icelandic has all the advantages, why are you so against it?

I do. Cool your engines lol

I only said that Lithuanian has more historic relevance to european identity than some backwaters Icelandic norse.

Learning either would be stupid. It being exclusive is only good when you have someone to speak it with.

strawpoll.me/10071324

The problem with poetry is that you have to actually recite them in the proper metre and accent in order to get a feel of its composition. That's why Horace and Virgil can be really hard to learn by your own; if you don't get the metre, you'll be left wondering why he used a particular word at a particular position instead of something more familiar.

Nope, nothing wrong at all. It's just that De Bello Gallico isn't written in a very "literary" way, which doesn't really prepare you for other authors. Caesar's style of writing is also very concise, so it's hard for new learners to grasp the essence of what he's saying at times (but since you don't seem to have had too many problems, that's irrelevant.)

You mean Horace? He wrote a whole bunch of other poems, so it's not that easy to summarize them. You might enjoy his Epodes (it's essentially slut-shaming in poetic form).

Oh, so you're back to the historical literature? They're translated to many other languages. No reason to learn it for that.

Finnish is more mystique and has more glamour and is way more beautiful than Germanic mouth cancer languages.

Norse culture also doesn't apply to anyone outside of Scandinavia and only autists are interested in their sagas.

The same argument could be used to never learn Latin, though, and if you're against that, you're going against all of European history.

Again, you're wrong. Neo-hebrew is grammatically founded in Yiddish grammar. The major difference other than the obvious vowel ommission and writing direction is that Yiddish, being a miscegenation language like English, had no strict syntax rules. With the invention of neo-hebrew a regulated language rules to adhere to. Just as it happened with the construction of modern German with its own rules, which did not exist as grammatical laws before standardisation.

You should be able to understand, being on Holla Forums, that superficial 'knowledge' is worse than no knowledge.
You're not, you are being a fool.

To return to your pet topic of learning Islandic as a lingua franca:
Have you thought of providing/searching for Icelandic courses in order to facilitate learning? Do you have the sagas in icelandic ready for distribution? How many languages can you speak/read/write, anyway? It's one thing to imagine people using an ingroup language, but another to actually go ahead and do it. If you really want this to happen, you need to become proactive instead of wating for consensus. If there is one thing that you can wait an eternity for is consensus on fucking Holla Forums. You to make the hurdle to participate much lower and direct movement. And considering you are now already conceding to branching off to learning even more foreign languages, I don't see this idea growing further than this thread.

The fact that even a single person picked Icelandic makes me question the sanity of people here. Latin was ubiquitous throughout educated Europe for THOUSANDS of years.

Latin has many untraslated works, many actual intellectuals know it today and it's a way to TRULY reconnect with the past for the whole of europe.

Kings, scientists, philosophers of great magnitude knew Latin.

It's far superior to Icelandic which has fucking NOTHING in comparison to Latin. Latin was all over the fucking continent for a long long time.

Name me a single european who doesn't have a single ancestor who could read/write/speak Latin compared to Icelandic. Fucking impossible I tell you.

Latin is also extremely refined and beautiful. It would be a shame to not read Latin works in Latin.

It wasn't, but what would you know about the developments of lingae francae.

Is there a good book that deals with Latin poetry in depth?

Dude, my school still teaches Latin and it was only within the past century or so that Latin grammar schools fell out of favor. Latin most certainly was learned by educated Europeans for thousands of years, from the inception of Rome to not that long ago.

I recently visited Iceland, they're extremely cucked. With 300k citizens they haven't achieved anyhing since the vikings. Evey where you go they mention the vikings through an absence of anything else to talk about. They're so shit that they didn't even build railroads. They used to bus for 2 days between their 2 major population centres until the British showed up in ww2 and built them a domestic airport. Lovely people, but ludicrously shit.

though it was cool and weird at the cinema, every advert only had white people. I was the only one to notice because of my jew programming. Felt weird, but it made me feel warm inside

Too many to count, but try these:

- Reading Latin Poetry Aloud by Clive Brooks
- A Guide to Latin Meter and Verse Composition by David J. Califf
- A Horace Reader by Henry V. Bender
- Beginning Latin Poetry Reader: 70 Selections from the Great Periods of Roman Verse and Drama by Gavin Betts
- Aspects of the Language of Latin Poetry by Roland Mayer and James Noel Adams

The first two are best for getting the feel of Latin poetry. The third is self-explanatory. The last two will get you started with the whole history and styles in Latin poetry.

Latin wins hands down. Time to learn Latin and then start worshiping Mithras.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraism

Look, dood.
If you think your little britain grammar schools are a continuation of Roman/clerical educational infastructure there is little helping you.

If you want a lingua franca that has been used for a millenium then you should go with French, the court language of all relevant monarchs since the descent of the Merovingians up until the Great War. But no, you want to stick with a language that didn't even have native speakers during the height of the Romans. Had an ugly bastard cousin posing as Latin inside the Church as clerical language and only received prominence as a dead language after the Late Renaissance in academic works and especially during the Romantic Period.

Compared to our modern languages it is, but on its own it's robotic and soulless. Greek is much more beautiful.
t. studied&translated Latin for 6 years and Greek for 3

Thank you.

How long have you been reading Latin? You seem to know a lot.

Lads, when we've decided the identifying language(s), I want you to all remember something.

Instead of limiting to one or two languages for identification, make it a task to learn all European languages you can, maybe even Russian too. Indulge in the cultures of old and present of White empires. Then begin spreading it anywhere you can. Tell tales in a way that leaves people breathless (you needn't look far, between us as Europeans we have fantastic tales and we can spice them and wrap them up in a nice little ribbon easily). Take pride in your country, it's history, it's culture, it's flag and do so with grit and confidence. Drop little sugar coated redpills on Marxist drones when you can.

If we take pride in Europe, as a whole and of each individual country (regardless if it's cucked or not), if we understand and embrace our allies, if we can bolster our ranks by unplugging people with romantic notions of the greatest of legends and stories of Europe then we will unite as Europeans. It's that simple.

The dindu takes pride, the kike takes pride, the shitskin takes pride and it's okay. If we do it? We're outlaws. But everybody loves an outlaw.

Sorry bro, but obviously don't know any hebrew , biblical or modern…

The two are VERY close. Any Israeli can pick up an Old Testament and read the text without any trouble, which is not uprising considering they revived the language from the biblical hebrew only a century ago.

On the phonetic level, on the other hand, yes modern hebrew is closer to german than to any semitic language. Old hebrew would sound close to Arabic.

Why? What purpose does this shit serve?

Two separate cultures. Beyond that ,the VIKINGS didn't even have a written language. Any literature THE VIKINGS have was actually written by CHRISTIAN MONKS centuries after the fact.

I think you misunderstand what a lot of people here are talking about. Reviving Latin as a lingua franca is ridiculous and will never happen. People here are talking about learning Latin to reconnect with European heritage.

They had runes, but yeah, all the sagas and eddas were written by Christian monks. Kinda funny.

They're based on Revelations too fuckhead. He wrote them for his Christian prince.

Again… Not true to form. I don't trust Jew worshipers and I don't trust you emotional ass.

Not proof

You're a pathetic faggot grasping at Christian lore like some fucking Satanist.

SHOW ME ONE ANCIENT NORSE or CELTIC MYTHOLOGY BOOK NOT WRITTEN BY EVIL SUICIDAL JEW WORSHIPERS

The OP was talking about using Icelandic as a pan-European language which is laughably asinine.

My ancestors only contact with the Norse was getting their women raped, their homes burned, and their fields pillaged.

It's because the Norse didn't have much interest in writing. After becoming civilized, they did, but by that point they were Christianized as well.

Vikings have a lot in common with Islam and the Nigger Warlords of the modern era and I am sick unto death of seeing people acting like they're some sort of font of European virtue.

You history of Vikings is Christian-Jew history. I bet you think we came from niggers in the Garden of Eden.

Look up how Russia was founded moron

Russia is more Mongolian than Viking, friend. Which is to say, not at all.

What about the Rus' and Rurik?

Meant to

Varangians are a different group than the Norse raiders who pillaged Ireland, England, and Northern France.

Besides that, the area that would become Russia had begun developing a written language and advanced culture in the 9th century thanks to contact with the Byzantines and the Orthodox Church. Hell, Olga converted in the early 10th century; Scandinavia wasn't Christianized until the 12th century.

None. We all have different cultures, language is an immense part of that. Just as I wouldn't want the anglokike language to be forced upon me I wouldn't want any other language but my own.

Glad to have helped. I studied Law and did Latin as a bunch of extra electives. I decided to pursue it as a hobby after graduating.

But in any case, thanks, but you give me too much credit. I'm quite sure there are other anons much more talented than I am at Latin.

You my dear friend, are a fucking retard, not just a retard, but indeed, a fucking retard.

It is, however, the basis of all European languages no matter their origin, and influences even those without a writing script.

Bump

I like the sound of that, I'd also be interested if anyone has a copy.

Hope all that is going well for you.

I have one last question: when I'm done with these parsed books, where should I go? My textbook gives no guidance on what to do when it's completed. I know of the loeb books, but that's it.

Beautiful painting who's the artist?

You can reverse image search and Google will tell you. It was painted by Lev Lagorio.

Are there any all-in-one collections of literature in Icelandic, Latin, etc, to download?

Are there any all-in-one collections of literature in Icelandic, Latin, etc, to download?

The best thing would be Proto-Indo-European fully reconstructed.
Then, eliminate all the irregularities and rule exceptionalities of the language.

But we're very far from that reality, and so I would classify as important core-languages of our heritages:
1. Classical Latin
2. Classical Greek
3. Old Norse
4. Welsh (or other Gallo-Celtic language)
5. Russian (or Proto-Slav)
6. Vedic Sanskrit
7. Avestan

For everyone whose going to start learning Latin, Icelandic, Greek, ect.
Let us take a pledge!

From this day forward till I've reached mastery of [language], not a day shall pass without my study of [language] and I will study with attention, dedication, and perseverance until [language] is fully at command.

We should also start a weakly language progress thread where we can check up on each other's progress, recomend learning resources to each other and communicate with each other in the languages we've learned.

Who's in?

Fully at *my* command

Why avestan?

From this day forward till I've reached mastery of Icelandic, not a day shall pass without my study of Icelandic and I will study with attention, dedication, and perseverance until Icelandic is fully at my command.

Why not start a chat group?

Core language of the Persian empire, that decayed lather to Persian. It's also the language of Zoroastrianism, a major religion that inspired Christianity.
You can say that Christianity is SO different from the other two Semitic religions of Judaism and Islam because it incorporated Aryan ideas from Zoroastrianism.

But yeah, it's in the bottom of the list for a reason.

i'm in. i've been meaning to pick up this book anyway.

Go away FBI =(

You mean an irc channel or something?
Yeah, that sounds good.

Search for Hringadróttnissaga.

I'd suggest getting another textbook as a way to cross reference, e.g. the Cambridge one they use in the UK. Latin has a huge corpus for you to read and learn from; one author like Cicero can keep you occupied for a good year. If you'd like to expand further, you can start reading Medieval Latin texts, but you'll notice the difference in the language pretty quickly.

You could also start looking at Ancient Greek, which is a whole other beast altogether.

Thanks again.

Yes.

got me

It's a good idea OP, having our language would definitely improve our cohesion.

looking for the book title, would never have thought of that !.. /s
If I asked, that's because it isn't available, online or in stores…

Cool, I'll make the first /lang/ thread tomorrow, see you then & good luck!

I've never set one up, can someone else?

If anyone knows of any online Icelandic learning resources, please post them.

Tapes and podcasts in particular.

Have we reached bump limit?

I've not either.

I'll get back to you on tomorrow's /lang/ thread we can discuss details there.

Adieu!

Completely terrible idea. Why Icelandic? The Norse and their language are irrelevant to and have no history for 90% of Europeans. This is just muh-Asatru we-wuz-kangs LARPaganism, let's be honest.

If there should be a European lingua-franca it should be Latin which has a long history in virtually every European country and is still used and heard by ordinary people every day (in church Masses).

Welsh would make more sense than Icelandic, which still isn't much. It's a Celtic language and many more Europeans spoke a Celtic language than ever spoke a Norse one.

Y Gair oedd yn bod ar y dechrau cyntaf.
Roedd y Gair gyda Duw,
Duw oedd y Gair.
Roedd gyda Duw o'r dechrau cyntaf un.
Trwyddo y crëwyd popeth sy'n bod.
Does dim yn bodoli ond beth greodd e.
Ynddo fe roedd bywyd,
a'r bywyd hwnnw'n rhoi golau i bobl.
Mae'r golau yn dal i ddisgleirio yn y tywyllwch,
a'r tywyllwch wedi methu ei ddiffodd.

Funny how the Icelanders had their only civil war after they became Christian. How many civil wars did you britbongs have?

You need to go to a bookstore in Iceland then. I wasn't aware that you already knew the translated title or that it wasn't available anywhere. Ég var bara að reyna að vera þér innan handar við að finna blessaða skrudduna en nei, þú ert bara með kjaft og getur þess vegna bara hoppað upp í rassgatið á þér.

You got my dander up and no mistake.

There wasn't any civilization to have a civil war in prior to that and any conflicts of leadership that may have occurred would not have been recorded due to the lack of writing.

It wouldn't be Holla Forums without a daily LARP thread.

English is already it because it is the combination of Germanic (north european) and Romance (southern language) languages.

Why not do

That way they have to learn about their culture and traditions if they don't know?

you're kind of right on everything user

Iceland is a Germanic society. This is such basic knowledge. Germanic isn't the same thing as Germanic. Germanic applies to England, the Dutch, Scandinavia, Austria. See?

no, it's only the basis of all European languages' script, barring those that use Cyrillic

That Latin is not authentic. It's not a living, spoken language. And this isn't about LARPing at all, it's about

1. Icelandic being a living language, making it much easier to learn
2. There is a huge host of great literature in Icelandic

As stated earlier, Greek and Latin literature are important too, and deserve study, but for different reasons.

So we all can agree that "The big three" are Latin, Icelandic and Ancient Greek?

I'll start making them.

Learning ancient Indo-European languages is a necessity to any scholar of history.

50 years ago if you were to be any kind of "respectable" historian on the Aryan tribes you had to learn a number of different Indo-European languages.

Modern historians barely speak one..

It's a reasonable idea. I personally think that education in Latin, Icelandic and Greek is a good start. Of course, study French and German too, by all means.

Remember, the roots of Ancient Greek, Latin and Norse mythological texts is all the same: Indo European. There is a common European heritage within all of them.

Icelandic literally sounds like Orcs talking to each other.

I had two Icelandic girls as cab fares, they both agreed their own language sounded harsh as fuck.

Also they were highly trained good goys who had bullet-fast reactions of "i feel so bad muh minorities". I think all northern nordics are either pilled Varg-like heathen war people or they revert to absent minded cuckery.

Not my choice for central anything, those people.

It's a European tradition to speak a lot of languages to get access to a bigger portion of Western culture. Anyone educated and cultured 100 or 200 years ago knew 1-2 or even 5 languages. That was normal at one time.

A monolingual person would be considered uneducated back then. Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

Modern Icelanders themselves aren't really the issue. What we care about is access to a great wealth of European history relevant to much of Europe.

Also, I don't think Scandinavia is naturally prone to be cucks, they are just in their warm comfortable bubble where they feel no desire to go against the leftwing status quo.

Leftism in many places is just like a religion they teach you. It doesn't always involve self flagellation. For many Swedes, it actually is a source of pride like "O we Swedes are so fucking awesome and tolerant."

Oy vey, where's Hebrew? Such a beautiful, classic language! That's antisemitism!

Modern Icelanders are definitely an issue. People dislike hearing English abroad because of modern Israeli-thumping Americans. I dislike hearing something when spoken by a rapefugee-apologist. Lots of the old history you talk about is gone.

But thats besides the real point. Its already pointed out here that smart people used to learn a lot of languages to access a lot of people, not the other way around. Why do you think you can meme against the flow of human nature?

Its like a banker telling you to meme against the tendency to stay separate by adopting a common central currency. If thats a Trojan Horse for the Rothschild market crashing scheme, the language seems like a Trojan Horse for Common Core and Common Media, both Jew scams.

*Talmud-thumping.

So what's your point? Modern Icelanders if anything seem good looking and interesting. People hate Americans around the world because the media sends out the 'FAT DUMB RACIST AMERICANS' meme. You're ignorant if you don't realize that

I guess my point would be i dont think its worthwhile to force an alien language on anyone, even if its only european descended white people. Not enough gain for too much effort, even if it is possible at all.

Let us leave each other alone or meet in battle, that sort of thing.

Unless you mean this as only a intellectual thing amongst internet poeple, in which case good luck to you.

I personally think English is best for obvious pre existing reasons, then a Romance language or German. Greek and Latin are god tier 4th and 5th options, everything else can generally fuck itself.

no one is forcing anything

We need a European educational system centered at least largely around language learning. That should include Latin and Greek. And look into Icelandic literature. It's nothing to sneeze at.

Already addressed that i dont care if its simply voluntary and intellectual. But there you go again with "we need" and "education system".

Who the fuck is we and how is this not common core or something like it?

And do you think language learning is central to Europe, that everyone gets paid to talk to foreigners all day (good joke but not really, real things have to get done).

You sound like an EU shill damn near.

LMFAO we had a common educational system in Western Civ based around Latin and Greek education, and possibly French and Italian at times, even German.

We still have that educational system it's just Judaized and perverted (modern academia). I want a pro-Europe version of that. EU=/=Pro Europe

Everyone with even a little education knew basic Latin in Europe at one time, it didn't erase European national cultures. Europeans DO have a common heritage, a heritage which the EU is happy, by the way, to wipe out.

I value both national culture (Finnish culture, German culture, Slovakianian culture) as well as European culture which we all share (AKA Western Civ).

Then let each European nation approach "europe" on its own. If it holds water, the meme will live. Europe held up as an idea because whites being civilized is a meme with legs. Telling people to learn icelandic to feel cultured feels too manufactured.

Hell even "culture" is a bit loose for me. Liberals equate cucking behavior with culture and civilization nowadays, it's not the most rigorous standard.

High culture man. For the longest time European high culture has been basically one thing all over Europe. It never destroyed national cultures.

Seriously, look into it.

im in

me too, by the way

Your threads might not last long here. You could take it to >>>/gehc

>>>/gehc/

It's in the filenames, faggot.

Thet Oera Linda book

They were all written down by Christians, but some of them are almost totally pagan with very very little Christian influence.

The Christian Icelanders wanted to preserve their pre-Christian heritage for their descendants, basically.

Read the Prose Edda or a saga, they're amazing, trust me. Hard to get into at first, like any strange literature, but worth it after a while.

Ive looked into high culture everywhere. It didnt come about because people cucked their own nation to care more about some other country. Ill study out of curiosity and amusement, and to draw greater parallels or take historical lessons. Not because it makes me a gooder goy or something. America before anything.

By the way im not against language learning at all, i know a couple, kibbitz in a couple more. My grandfather knew like 7 or 8, Greek and Latin included, extremely (alcoholic, Irish, badass) gifted man. But even if youre not gifted, theres a much easier way to learn something than wrote study. The "conversation method" and things like it get you to basic spoken fluency in 6 months or less. Then reading becomes a lighter academic exercise.

fluentin3months.com/level-up/

Check it out its cool, if i had more time I would go into it but for at least the next year its all law school and memeing for MAGA here m80s.

Learning Latin and Irish isn't cucking man. High culture has benefited all of the national cultures, from English to Russian

Keep it in perspective man, its what separates intellectuals from rootless cosmopolitans.

Latin cant cuck because its a dead language. English has cucked a lot of peoples. I like Latin and Greek because they enrich my understanding of English. I like English itself because of England, which allows me to trace my line back before America.

But it all comes back to America, and i never lose sight of what butters my bread. No America, no me. No Europe, oh well but still me. Basic logic that grounds me and keeps me from the dangers of universalism.

If America becomes a majority nonWhite far left nation, which is very possible, I'll be sad but I'll have to abandon America. Unfortunately, a lot of nations are endangered right now.

A little bit of White global brotherhood would scare the living shit out of international anti-White globalists. Like I said, I want all the national cultures to remain, but we can't always get what we want.

If America falls the world becomes South Africa, you have nowhere to go. White brotherhood is great but not at the expense of nationalism, that is not a hard fact but my best guess from seeing how easy it is to D&C even very like peoples.

Also keep in mind military. America is almost down to 60% white but sitting on the godfather military. Scary shit if we go. But we should all look out for ourselves on that end.

My people are White people. I'm not part of the same culture or identity of Blacks or Hispanics, at all. I don't think a nation in which those three groups are somehow mixed together into one shitty national mix will be any good.

I'm loyal to White America, but that's it. If America becomes an anti-White entity which attacks my people, then I'll have to oppose America.

It makes me sad, but I think we have to face this. Sad but true.

She looks like a chingchong.

Well then your people are Americans, and America is white. Dont be so foolish as to think you can just move to Europe and overnight become Nordic. They will steamroll your identity as price of entry. The best shot you have is the English-speaking Commonwealth but even then you have massive differences, not to mention a cucked set of laws that make self-defense illegal.

If you think Australia is better off because they still have less minorities I think youre crazy. Middle America, only America, best America.

I don't want to have to go to Europe, or Australia, but if I have to, I will.

Man I really love America. I love White American culture, but we're pretty screwed.

Anyway, learning European languages is good for education and knowledge, regardless of what happens politically or where we end up.

underrated post

You utter buffoon, please learn the origins of the word nationalism before posting here again.

I still dont get it. If you have to, at what point will we be? Is there a world you can imagine where America is so screwed you have to leave, but Europe is liveable?

Please learn the history of the white peoples of Europe before you tell me to hand my future over to some Sven ive never met.

I strongly value a White society with relatively intact values. It might never come to it, but I might want to go to Hungary or Poland someday.

It might never come to that, I'll just have to see.

Every single White/European culture is endangered right now. If Germany becomes 100% Turkshit where will the good Germans go, for instance?

We have to think about these tragic possibilities. We will be very lucky if every European culture survives this century.

bump

bump

bump

This is the worst, LARPiest idea I have ever seen in my entire life.

Fuck off dude. Let Iceland have their language, but you need to fuck right off.

That's such a dumb statement. "Let Iceland have their language" lol, as though I'm trying to steal it

No, it is LARP. You are just insane.

There is no reason for this.

Well, there actually is a reason, it is because you want to be le ebin LARP viking.

It is completely unintuitive. Completely unrealistic. Completely retarded.

riiight ok, thanks

What's to get?

Understanding languages that allow you access to great literature is good. The benefits of Latin, Greek and Icelandic have been argued for throughout this thread.

well there are like 5 of us that occasionally shitpost at /isl/, but I think that might be all, every Icelander I've seen on half/pol/ was a massive cuck.

It depends on the work, but some are incredibly easy to understand for an untrained modern ear, like this hymn from 1208.

All old-Norse literature is post-Christian m8

That makes me want to learn Icelandic. Also to those who say Icelandic sounds rough and such who cares ? I speak two Latin languages and I think rougher languages like German and Icelandic sounds better.

Careful, you might be accused of wanting to be a Viking.

Duolingo seems alright.

what is that?

When you sign up, don't bother getting social. The mods run a very strict show (a German, IIRC, had nearly been banned for posting flags from the First Reich, but he was called a "Nazi" because "dey wuz usin' dem, so yous a nahzi")
duolingo.com/

bump

I'll commit to Icelandic this summer.

good

bump

bumop

vump

Duolingo is only good for basic shit, the one useful feature on the website is the immersion part where you get translated text and can directly check what means what. If you want to learn any language do it like children do, start with children's books for basic stuff and grammar then learn how to conjugate. Next use the duolingo text from the immersion part of the website and watch youtube video in the language you want to learn to get familiar with how the language sounds. Within 6 to 8 month you will be fluent maybe sooner if you're high IQ or used to learn languages.

Also one tip, when you learn words learn them in combination like this :

-Round (Rounder, Rounding, Rounded)
-Around
-Surround (Surrounds, Surrounded, Surrounding)

If you learn them by combo like this with your own way of memorizing it like when you were a kid singing the alphabet you'll easily remember 30 or 40 words a day and since you need something like 500 words to understand around 80% of any language to be considered fluent or above average. Write them somewhere and read them everyday and add some to the list everyday as well. Join a forum with a subject that interest you in the language you want to learn and speak with the people, keep a translator on the side to translate everything you don't understand right away, at that point if you followed my advice in the previous post you should understand how to conjugate and grammar as well so this won't be a problem.

One link for the words you should learn :
1000mostcommonwords.com/1000-most-common-icelandic-words/

Can we reinstate runes/the futhark as the official alphabet as well?

that would be pretty dope.

could be a good idea, yea

I already speak it flunetly:
Helvítis! Helvítis! Helvítis!

This speaks to something I've want to understand about Old Norse, and in particular the Runes… that I think mirrors what we do here with memes quite a bit. When words or memes have a symbolic meaning that stretches well beyond the plain text they gain a communicative power well beyond what we have with English.

There is no historical argument for this, traditional argument or practical argument. If Icelander's want their language used, forge and empire and make it the "lingua franca" of trade. Barring this, it's full blown retarded and a wasted of space, intellectually and otherwise.

Why the fuck would you make a thread about this?

W-we wuz vikings and shieeet thread.

Citation needed. Snorri was an opponent of Haakon Haakonson, he got killed by the king for supporting Skule, Who viewed Haakon for being more European than Norwegian.

Have you even read the sagas you retard? The Yngling dynasty(ruling dynasty of Norway) is direct descendant from the Norse gods. Even fucking monks wrote about the godly ancestry of the Ynglings.

kek

Norse weren't all Vikings. For those who have actually studied the culture. You probably know next to nothing about Norse culture and history.

wow

You people with your dumb 'LOL OMG LARPING' meme are full of shit.

Icelandic language out loud

facebook.com/birgir.loftsson/videos/vb.1210745716/10204904851080296/?type=2&theater

guys this is a great resource
voluspa.org/voluspa.htm

Guys. Holy fucking Jesus.

If we could build this culture around the icelandic language, and learning how to speak it, that would almost GUARANTEE our success to a degree.

It might infringe on Icelandic culture and identity, though. I'm sure they don't want non-Icelandic whites learning and using their language for political issues that don't directly affect them.

Two things

1. These issues do affect them, they're Europeans/White people and so they are going to be targeted by anti-White activist shits if they don't import enough brown people

2. The fact that they might not like us speaking the language doesn't mean we can't do it

How do you say in Lojban, "user speaks fluent Lojban; user has gotten laid in the last two years" where "gotten laid" is rendered in the dubitative mood?

isn't even a real language

It's a constructed language, I was pointing out that anyone who learns it must be a neckbearded nerd (dubitative mood = the speaker doesn't believe).

AVE FABIUS, SULLA, MARIUS, CAESER, AUGUSTA

AVE ROMA INVICTUS

But Latin did wipe out languages and cultures.

through conquest in Gaul, yea, but not by what I'm talking about

bump

So is Church Slavonic.

Spoken in all the Slav countries, root language for 400 million native Slavic speakers and almost a 250 million non-native speakers.

Instead of one inbred SJW island that bans porn.

We have latin.

So is? That doesn't make sense

This isn't about purity. Rolling my eyes as I type, stranger

bump

As much as I'd like to get on board that language is fucking difficult to learn and master

German or Latin would probably be better as suggested

If difficulty is your reason, then neither Latin nor German are good options. German is hard and Latin is super super hard, like mega hard man.

Also we should teach these languages from early on in life.

I learned my lesson, no more responding to these plebs !!

Is that you Dominick?

I support it, I think the gods will smile upon us.

We need to look in our selfs to find that inner strength, we need to stand up and fight for our dying race! We need to set aside our differences and fight the war that needs to be fought!! ( I know it's off topic but it's a pressing issue that needs to be know and delt with )

somebody talked about creating a thread on /lang/, but it hasn't happened, so i went ahead and did it. get in there and learn you some icelandic. >>>/lang/1653

?

thank you, user

bump

bump

Nearly every great book has an English translation user.

duh

What the fuck is with all the infighting and hatred in this thread? Those who oppose the OP can't disagree with him without calling Icelandic "Shitlandic", or for "pagan larpers" ? This kind of disunity is why Europeans are dying, and have been slaughtering eachother in pointless wars. I do not understand the absolutist mindset. I have done lots of research on Indo-European languages, and clearly both Icelandic and Latin, Lithuanian and Sanskrit are historically important, and I wouldn't hesitate to encourage a lover of our history to study which ever among them lights the flame of their passion the most. To think think there can be a definitive language that represents our people the most, is a logical fallacy, because the idea of "representing us the most" or "being most worth studying" is a subjective matter, and good arguments could be made in favor of a number of languages being most important, but if that can't be done without degrading each other then the intelligent man should instantly dismiss such arguments. So disturbing was this thread to me that my doubts about the ability of European peoples to ever unify in order to secure their existence was deepened to a depressive degree.

Thank you for throwing a little high mindedness and intelligence into this. Unfortunately, a lot of people want to shitpost and condemn anyone they don't agree with completely.

We need to learn to work together, all shitposting bullshit aside, we have to be able to stop the infighting. I have a feeling it's somehow related to Daily Stormer, which seems to turn out a lot of angry stormfag trolls.

Anyway, again, thanks for the encouraging post.

It's really amazing how much crap and vitriol I heard in here. We need to learn to have compassion and understanding for all of our European brothers.

The anti-European brotherhood mentality of some nationalists is rooted in their hatred of the EU. They don't realize that the EU is AGAINST European brotherhood.

Just sad

Obviously there is that interpretation. But you should understand that we would still asking Iceland to culturally and possibly racially deviate from their insulated and homogenous history, for the sake of current political convenience.

Oh, really? Gosh thank you for pointing that out I had no idea.

LARPERS GET OUT OF MY RELIGION REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I can see if you're a burger who only knows three gods and a goddess out of a very large pantheon from watching (((marvel))) movies how you might only think freya, but no.

In my opinion, we should draw certain things from older cultures. It distinguishes us, as well as generates mystique and interest. Having Holla Forums teach its adherents icelandic would be an amazing unifying and functional force.

But for the most part, we should not try to "become" ancient cultures.

We need to make something, a culture, that is distinctly new and original.

For one immediate example, in modern social media, there is NOBODY out there encouraging people to value a practical lifestyle of discipline and honesty. When was the last time you saw the Christains encouraging people to save money, spend frugally, avoid gambling, prostitution, porn, drugs, and drinking? Just simple, practical things like that. We could easily step into that void, and make white nationalism the face of a superior, healthier lifestyle in the hedonistic modern consumer cultural environment.

As a german I can partly agree because when "we" stole the 7 day week from the romans "we" called it after Frija (wich would be Frigg in Norse) and frîatag (if it had been Freya it would have been fraujōntag) became Freitag.

But as it was traveling north Freyjudagr and Frjádagr were both used. And modern scandinavians now use Fredag after Freya.

Sidenote: In Westgermanic sources Freya does not exist, and to this day researchers are uncertain if they are not both the same goddes or have the same origin.

But yeah: Shitty Burgers not knowing the difference between Aesir and Vanir.

That's retarded to be honest. There are many more important languages for the Evropan LARPer.

- Old French used to be one of the most spoken languages in the white world, used for both art, science, politics and diplomacy. A beautiful language, many great books written in it, quite tainted by niggers and sandniggers who learned it en masse as they immigrated to France though. But it's a prime choice really.

- Old Italian is similar on pretty much all points, saved for a more limited, regional use, but quite common at many times in history nonetheless.

- Latin is considered a "dead language", because no one actively speaks it anymore. It's only a literary language now. Which is part of the issue: no one really remembers how it was spoken. We do have plenty elements to know just HOW it was spoken though, that is, theater plays which are the closest to that, and there are people trying to keep it alive based on that, but it remains anecdotic at best, no one is even sure about the pronunciation anymore. But it's very complete nonetheless, and it doesn't mean we cannot make it alive again. It was the language of one of the greatest civilizations on Earth, and of some of the greatest thinkers. It's a good choice too.
I'd also argue it's not that hard to learn, because there's a ton of content associated with it, readily available.

- Same thing generally applies to Greek, the old variant that is, but it's not like Greeks were ever white anyway (🎣).

- Celtic is an actively spoken and taught language in what is refered to as the Celtic nations (see pic related), albeit they each speak a different dialect but can nonetheless understand each other to some extent, save Galice and Asturies whose dialect is or latin origin. They are still quite linked to each other by their culture, language, and also by rugby aka "the most white team sport".
Celtic languages are mostly dialects of Gaul, an even older language that is the root of all Celtic dialects, along with Lepontic, but next to nothing remains of it as it was seldom written, and most of it was destroyed by Romans, and there's no hope of speaking it ever again.
Now there's something to know about "modern Celts": they are white and nationalist, but they also like to claim their own difference, aswell as remind you you're not Celt yourself just because you weren't born there. Because they kept alive and defended Celtic languages, traditions and beliefs rather intact throughout centuries while others meshed them more with Christianism, they now tend to claim it as "theirs" and deny it to others Celts, solely on a regional basis. Except they now defend it against other Celts, and now that their traditions are getting weaker and weaker, that SJWs and LGBBQ walk among them, they're still not backing down. I'd object to learning any Celtic dialect for those reasons, because I don't want to associate with them anymore. Actually I'd bet that if people were to massively learn those Celtic dialects, while they'd appreciate it at first, they would quickly come to fear for their unity and oppose it.

- Islandic is kinda bad. Incredibly hard to learn, plus it's Germanic, definitely not nigger-compliant, remained mostly unchanged throughout centuries. A good choice, but it's hard to relate to it, because most people have no connection to it. No amount of "durr you have Nordic blood!" will change anything, because I also have Hallstatt blood, yet you won't see me propose Ha as a language. While it is a part of Europe's history, it's only a tiny part of it along with dozens of other languages, far behind Latin, Greek or French.

Any attempt to make a single language for a group of people is a step towards globalization and kills local cultures, their traditional languages and dialects.

- Or we could invent something more simple, a slang, cant, cryptolect or jargon.

The French are great creators of those, though French itself makes it quite easy to play with words compared with other languages. Largonji, louchébem and javanais are the most important ones. Largonji and louchébem are similar: replace the first letter of the word with an "l", and either speak it at the end or add an "em" sound after it.

"Jargon" becomes in largonji: l-argon-j
''"Boucher""' (butcher in French) becomes in louchébem: l-oucher-b-em

The name itself highlights how it works. Short words are skipped, and words starting with a vowel just get an "l" and generally end in "much". It works wonders in French, now let's see how well you lunderstoodmuch the leviousprem lexplanationmuch, and letherwhem you can lunderstandmuch the lollowingfem in louchébem, and now the lurrent-c lentence-s in largon-g. Doesn't work as well as it does in French, but you get the drift. Javanais is simpler, just add "av" everywhere, savo thave favolavowaving saventavence gavets ravealavy vahard tavo unavderavstand.

It's quite simple in fact, your brain quickly gets used to it, but for someone who doesn't get it, it just sounds like complete gibberish, and it's even more confusing considering it kinda sounds like the actual language, but in a form that cannot be understood. Such techniques have been used at many points in history to great effect. The great thing is that you actually need to practice it actively to use it and understand it, so you couldn't just learn the technique from someone and expect it to work. Even when the secret is revealed, most people still won't get it. If we were to form a group of practitioners of such a jargon, it would almost be like a new language.

And honestly, a slang seems more than enough. We don't need an extra language for our everyday lives, we only need to identify each other, exchange quick words, ideas others cannot hear. I guess that's it. At most, you could learn a language of your choice properly, if you want to show true commitment and not just pass as a shill who learned how to say Demat, or learn the classics (Latin, Greek, French) so you can tap into the greatest books of all time in their original language. The rest is LARPing territory.

When it comes to the outside, we need to speak as many languages as possible, spread our ideas for a better Evropa in ways people can understand them, and have people join us: English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Swedish, Russian, Polish… because maintaining a hermetic sikrit klub mentality with an obscure language will only lead to a death of it on the inside.

We're not all the same. The whiteness of our skin, and the christian values we share, unite us. But when it comes to the rest, we're different people. Europe is one of the most culturally diverse places on the whole planet. Better focus on things we actually share, than try to shoehorn some sort of homogeneity, because we all know where forced equality leads.

Because a language is much more than it implies, there's a culture coming with it, a way of thinking, specific values. You're not changing that, so don't expect to change the languages.

Thread topic comes across as inflammatory Nordic supermacist cultural imperialism, there's no other reason why Icelandic of all languages should be chosen to represent Europeans, over something like Latin. Such a thread is asking for trouble.

Yes thank you, my point from earlier reiterated a thousand times. If you think white people will cross boundaries for each other and stay there safely for all eternity you are a moron, a liberal retard who has given into proto communist thinking.

Here is my point. Yes, Poland seems nice right now. 98 percent white and catholic, tradition, tralala. You will have a great time at the cafes and bars, your kids will grow up white, so on.

But the flip side: Poles are drunken low breed hooligans right now. This is not inferior dna, it's reverse selection by communist jews infiltrating russia. They singled out all upper class or intellectual people and genocided or exiled them.

They sit right next door basically, waiting to do it again. So in a few years, Jew-Russia decides to re-invade and cleave Europe in two to cure it of this nascent nationalism revival.

You fucking die. If you do not leave, you and your family die 10 times out of 10. And it's because you left the nation you were born in, the one that has the chance to turn tide back against the money changers still.

So to me, learning languages is great. But an American man leaving is not only cuck, it's suicidal. You take on the attitude of a Jew minus his parasitic safety net of rootless kinsmen. Why do this, are you shilling?

We can hardly get your average poster here to read 1000 words, let alone learn ANY language.

Icelandic, or if not that, German are the only realistic choices imo. Maybe Latin. We could establish our own unique dialect of it.

Preferably the future organized centers of European nationalism could be united in a language other than English, to insulate them somewhat from the reach and infiltration of the jewluminati and their useful idiots in American political society.

True. I agree. Attention-gaining, reputation, and conversion are still the primary goals.

To add to that moving somewhere in itself is a bad decision, if you just continue moving somewhere continuously the hordes will follow and eventually you will run out of places to move to, instead of giving the invaders land to live on it is best to stop them in general.
Protect the lands your forefathers sacrificed their lives to guard, do not let all the blood they spilled for it and your freedom go to waste, not without a fight at least.

bump

No because my idea isn't us becoming Icelandic, any more than Australians speaking English somehow screws England.

bump

bump

bump4moreluv

I swear Germanic LARPers lack self awareness to the degree of muzzies sometimes.

Niggers, Latin and Greek culture IS the most fully rounded European context we have. There's not a single fucking culture west of the Urals that can claim they weren't influenced by one or the other or in most cases both.

Heck, even the goddamn muzzies, especially the Turks, recognize the massive influence of Rome and the Greeks.

again with this

Go read Norse literature, it's a high brow thing, you philistine.

If he wanted you to read his books in Icelandic, he'd have written in Icelandic. It's one of the languages he knew.
He could also have written it in latin, or Anglo-Saxon, or German.

But no, he wrote it in English.

You don't know more than a goddamn philologist and Germanic scholar.

This has nothing to do with Norse literature. This has everything to do with you trying to force the European peoples to comfort to Germanic background and culture and ONLY to that. Fuck you, I'm not a goddamn German.

no idiot, it's just a fucking idea, you're taking it way too seriously, fuck

Apologies, but dealing with this every single thread puts one at a knee jerk reaction.

I do love the old sagas, and learning Icelandic or old Norse isn't something I'd be particularly opposed too.

Honestly though, you can't ignore latin. It's the foundation of far too much in the western world, and even the Germanic languages borrow a lot from it.

Old Norse and Latin together probably form the two oldest trees of language, and thus culture, in the west, but latin more so.

It'd be best if we had enough written records of the common Germanic language that both Old Norse, Anglo-Saxon and the Frisian and Frankish languages can be traced too.

you obviously read nothing because I said throughout this thread how great and important Latin is. Latin is not ideal for a lingua franca because it is a dead language. fuck

It's precisely because it's a dead language that it should the lingua franca of learning institutions.

It's dead, and thus unchanging, and free of any bias towards a given European tongue.

If you pick a still live language you will see it shift towards a given dominant language. If for example you did it now, you'd see a slow shift of Icelandic/Old Norse towards English. If you had done it during the 16th and 17th centuries, you'd see a shift towards French.

Understand?

I'm not sure man, maybe you're right.

I can't speak for all Holla Forumsacks, but I think I speak for a large portion of us when I say that I'm of Germanic descent, not Latin, and I have no ancestral connection to Rome or the Latin language, but I do have an ancestral connection to the Germanics and their languages, which includes the Norse.

Thread theme

And the other half of Holla Forums will tell you the exact opposite.

But the fact remains it was the Romans and Greeks, not the German tribes, that built the west.

Fucks sake, Kaiser, the word for emperor in German, is lifted from Caesar. The Germans called their empire the "Holy Roman Empire".

The black eagle is the symbol of the Germans same way as the aquilla was the symbol of Rome.

Ok? They can learn Latin all they want. I see no compelling reason to use it when I could instead pick a language of my own people.

If you look at the number of inventions and the amount of industrial development, it was clearly Germanic countries like the United Kingdom, the German Empire, and the anglo-saxon United States of America that built the west. Not Italians and Iberians and other latin cultures.

You mean the cancerous 19th century that ushered in liberalism?

West hasn't been worth a shit since the Bourbons lost France, but lets not discuss that.

You do realize the UK, the German Empire and the USA's mode of government ALL traces itself back to Rome and Greece?

Heck, the founding fathers were massive latinbooks and Greekaboos and wanted specifically to return to a pre empire Roman republic.

OP here,

A lot of great Germanic books are ironically written in Latin. Latin is a great language of European history. Every country in Europe has Latin heritage, actually. Especially England.

No, I mean the vast bulk of scientific discoveries, inventions, and industrial development that formed the basis for modern technology and industry.

So? We should not use the language of another people. The Romans aren't our people. They're southern European. We're northern European. We should prize our own languages and cultures first and foremost and always pick them over others. That means Germanic languages before Latin languages.

So, the shit 19th century. Got you.

Never mind that the basics of European morality, culture and philosophy were created by the Greeks and spread by the Romans.

The work ethic that let you build the industry? Greek and Roman.
The morality and philosophy that stands as the bedrock of the western world? Greek and Roman.

See that's the thing. We aren't successful because we have the best gadgets or even because we built the best gadgets. We're successful because the basic tenants of the West, that are common to all of us, and have their roots in Rome and Greece, are just that fucking superior to everyone else on this planet.

And we built the gadgets because we're better.

We can also argue race, but as far as discussing the language and culture, it's a bit sidetracked. Could argue the culture supremacy is born out of the racial supremacy of course.

All this contributes to Latin being the best for lingua franca.

Good for you. I'm not Germanic though, so I'm not part of your peoples.

He's not a bad person, he just needs to realize, honestly, Latin really really matters.

Actually a great source for knowledge about Germanic history comes from a book called 'Gesta Danorum' written in Latin by a Dane.

peace out foo

BUMP

You're really invested in this thread aren't you ? I've seen you bump like a mofo for a day or two now.

I think these ideas matter. It's about education, including a focus on Latin and Greek (see my first post).

Can you really tell me that the ideas in my OP are all just utter BS?

I'm northern European mix, but I still think latin or Italian should be a universal language for us at least as far as singing. The vowels are pure, there are no dipthongs, and there are no ugly gutterals except for maybe "q". This makes it easy to sing with a beautiful classical tones. The art of classical singing has been lost since the last golden age which ended early in the 20th century. Jewish modernism helped bring about its demise.

Of course, every culture should still sing in its own language, but if young people are taught to sing in Italian or latin early on, they will be stronger singers even in their native tongues.

Italian or Latin are good languages. I think we should learn them too, honestly. If we begin early in life, learning many languages is not hard.

The key is reestablishing traditional European education which is the basis of Western Civ. Every educated person knew how to read Latin and therefore had access to the great Roman classics before 1950.

Keep that in mind, whatever language we decide to be the most important or whatever, we need to go back to a Eurocentric education based around the classics. I happen to think that the Norse classics should be included among those classics, as of course should some Italian classics like 'The Divine Comedy' of Dante.

Peace out bro

No i can't

The reason I'm pushing this so hard is because it's central to what being European means. Honestly, we should be all learning Latin and reading the great classics. Know your civilization and understand its great ideas and its history, intimately.

Right now, the fucking cucked university system runs that show. They are the ones who give the last word on the European culture and classics, and it's fucked. We alt right/true right/nationalists (pick your term) need to get deeply involved in western culture and literature.

The fact that we are neglecting it is really sad. Culture is ultimately what links people to their genes. Just being White won't cut it. We have to link this genetic identity to the great culture. We need to hand the classics to the upcoming generations like treasures from the past.

Basically, we need to own the classics like Jews own their Talmud. Make them OURS. We used to know that Homer, Virgil, Shakespeare, Goethe etc were OURS in a real way, as westerners. We need to reaffirm that. Great books are wellsprings of intellectual value. There is so much to learn there.

The greatest books are things we can ponder for a whole lifetime. And take them seriously, they're not just books, they're sacred masterpieces that can provide a framework for what it is to be western.

See how Europeans thought before the massive media PC brainwashing, too, get deeply into the mindset of the past and see the bullshit leftism of the present glaring more brightly at you than before. (See through the biases of the present by seeing the mindset of past generations).

I could wax poetic about this for a long time, but I'll leave it there. Thanks

bymp

So, any of you started learning Icelandic ?

Also means no one will be able to agree how to pronounce it, so talking will fall apart. And writing will diverge along national lines as people who share a live language diverge away and form their own take on the dead language. It's like asking people to accept a currency without a stable independent government behind it, where is the full faith and credit? Where is the symbolic mental monolith underpinning it a?

Yeah, but when are we ever going to be using this outside of an imageboard? also reconstructed classical or ecclesiastical are pretty widely accepted pronunciations.

This can be applied to learning a living language too, though.

yeah, i make sure to work at it a little every day. in case you missed it, >>>/lang/1653

I've seen the thread, I posted in it.

No but you renewed my interested in speaking Latin. Thanks user.

Þið þekkið fold með blíðri brá
og bláum tindi fjalla
og svanahljómi, silungsá
og sælu blómi valla
og bröttum fossi, björtum sjá
og breiðum jökulskalla ?
Drjúpi' hana blessun drottins á
um daga heimsins alla.

t. Jónas Hallgrímsson

obviously this is the only sane choice for western culture

So what's the consensus on this? I think learning a language, although is quite a lot to ask of some of the lazy cunts on here, would be a nice layer of abstraction for us from prying eyes. But what the fuck is the consensus, Latin or Icelandic? A point that I don't think has been made yet is that if you choose a language that is really obscure and underused worldwide (possibly Latin) you run the risk of being identified by unwanted parties just as easily as being identified by the people you want to network with. I'd suggest Icelandic a better choice, atleast there's people in the world that actually still speak it.

Germanic people, not all whites. Slavs, southern Europeans and so on have no connection to the Norse.

So what language do you suggest?

I think learning languages is great if you are really interested in them for historic or personal reasons, but it's not useful for actually doing anything.