This site has so much potential, yet most people don't even give most boards a chance

This site has so much potential, yet most people don't even give most boards a chance.

What are your hopes and wishes for Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Hacker
catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html#why_this
8ch.net/log.php?page=1&board=b
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_fallacy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_relativism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That it dies a swift death so that everyone can move on to greener pastures

you mean wizardchan?

I wish the sjws would die aids. The site grows everyday, there is no stopping this. You can slow it down but it has been years and the site is still kicking.

That Jim stops owning it.

That's because the discovery system sucks, multiboards will never be a thing, and the overboard will be subpar and dominated by the largest boards.

I mean anywhere but here.
Besides the spammers buffering the pph this place is a ghost town already, its only a matter of time.

My only wish is that we can stave off Jim's inevitable dismantling and sale of 8ch, at least for a while. I just need a couple more years.
People can bitch about pony/pedos/furfags/forced memes/Intl/sjws/normies/hotpockets/autism/et cetera, but the real enemy to Holla Forums is Jim and everything he represents. I don't hate any one of you faggots, but wise up and stop infighting.

The only reason this site ever grew is gone now that jim is in charge, name one reason why someone would come here now.

That it burns and withers.

This. Every proxy I've tried is banned for spam, and whoever this Jim dude is, he must be one huge faggot if he can't even keep the SJW shit from leaking here.

Because Jim removed the only thing keeping people from coming here.

Cancerous child molester circlejerks.

Well why are you here?

With Holla Forums's custom boards you can have niche communities. Total bros mang.

No, you can't. The admin bans all proxies, and for "niche" being free discussion of taboo subjects… it is gone. This site is dead.

So either this place dies or becomes just as bad as 4chan.
I would prefer it dies, and thats likely going to be the case since it will never be able to compete with 4chan.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Hes the one CAUSING the sjw shit to leak here by pandering to normalfags in the hopes of getting more ad revenue.
Why else do you think he'd shit all over what gave this site a userbase in the first place?

You can still have discussions on the smaller boards. The site isn't dead.

ITT: we create a circle jerk and give reasons why the site is dying.

You guys are such defeatists. You bitch about everything without ever trying to do anything.

Just fuck off.

le pedos keep the normies out meme!

ebin

Tell me .

How are we supposed to do anything? There are no real hackers here, unfortunately. All it would take is for one actual hacker to pull a coup. Put the site on life support and keep it going, pump it full of drugs and chemo it up, feeding it the swarms of cancer. Take over the site. There is no other way. The only way it can happen is if a richfag buys the site, or a coup by hacking and shit.

You think pedos are really keeping normies out?

Fuck off back to M-chan if you want a dead pedo site.

what are you even talking about? are you implying hackers ruined 4chan?

we didn't.

Learn to fucking read. How can you imply — no, fucking exply that you're a hacker when you can't even read?

Its just common sense, why would a normalfag recommend a site to his normalfag friends when the first thing they'll see is a thread with pedos in it sharing pictures of girls in lewd outfits?
It happened with 4chan and it will happen here, once you get rid of pedos the normalfags have no problem spreading the word and destroying what makes Holla Forums 8chan like a cancer.

This site is for anonymous posting with a board theme. nigga it aint rocket science.

You said hackers are going to take Holla Forums down if it gets popular.

Hackers aren't even those types of people. Educate yourself.

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Hacker
catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html#why_this
▢ ▣ ▢
▢ ▢ ▣
▣ ▣ ▣

This.

Anyone that comes to Holla Forums expecting discussion is retarded

I SAID HACKERS SHOULD TAKE DOWN JIM OR WHATEVER THE FUCK THE FAGGOT'S NAME IS. LEARN. TO. READ. Or grow a brain.

And I said hackers aren't the kinds of people who 'take things down'.

Learn our culture if you're going to use the internet we created. The information is free.

What do you expect them to do? Hack his pacemaker to give him a heart attack?
Grow up.

Jesus fucking Christ, you faggots are thick…

He owns the servers the site is hosted on you dipshit, he could just turn them off and take the entire site down.

Didn't I just tell you that 'hackers' aren't the same as crackers? I even left you two detail pieces of literature so that you could inform yourself.

Hackers aren't going to help you. We look down upon people like that, go find some script kiddo to do your lame shit.

A real hacker could hack into some random faggots' bank accounts and take $1 from each, then use that to buy the site and somehow obscure it all so that no one would ever know shit. Right? Didn't all the techy 4chan oldfags do that shit?

I don't give a fuck about what you call yourself, or what hackers or crackers or whatever the fuck you niggers and those niggers are and what your beef is. This isn't my lame shit. I'm not capable of doing anything like this, I don't know anything about technology really… But that's not the fucking point. I know there were oldfags on 4chan who hacked sites, changed them, you know did whatever they wanted with them. "Hacking" is the only word I know for anything to do with changing something in a way that isn't authorized, or whatever the fuck the technological terms are, by another person who owns the site or whatever.

2000 dollars worth of used hardware and an unsaleable domain name. That's the equivalent of about 4 pigs in dollar terms.
can you say what you think that is?

You have no fucking clue what you're even talking about, stop trying to sound like you know better than we do because you don't know shit.

There were, and we have. But I would like to let you know that crackers and hackers aren't the same.

Some hackers do cracking, most crackers aren't hackers.

It's not a difficult concept. In fact, its similar to squares and rectangles.

Wquares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

I know I don't know shit. That's why I said "you know". You know. I don't. I was not talking to you to begin with, I was talking generally about whatever the fuck you want to call people who can do that type of shit. I know it's been done before, so by definition it can be done again. I don't know about technology. I still don't even know how computers work, how the internet works, it's all like magic to me. None of this shit was around when I was a kid, so I don't know the right terminology or whatever. All I know is that it's possible to get rid of the shitty admin and for a better admin to replace him, even if the shitty admin doesn't want to be replaced.

to laugh at morons like you, mainly.
What a pathetic specimen you are, user. Please keep posting: it's your kind that supplies the comic relief here.

The only thing I want is a place to anonymously talk shit about politicians, feminists and retarded motherfuckers that piss me off at work without getting locked up in prison with murderers, rapists and rabid niggers.

not that other guy but why do you want to attack jim and ruin this site anyway?

See for the main part of it. This site is no longer a place with freedom of speech. That's because of the shit admin.

Careful user you could hurt some feelings with words like that and that won't fly under jims rule.

wew lad

one of the things i love about anonymous posting.also screw social media and the upboats.

how isn't it? the only thing he banned was pedos.

are you one of the butthurt kiddy fiddlers? that would be the only excuse i can think of

other than that everything else is the same, and none of this effects you.

i think you guys bitch about whatever you can find.

The only thing banned as policy is posting kiddy pics. Beyond that, you have complete freedom to use any combination of words and pics you choose, on any subject and at any time.
Why do you claim otherwise? can you cite a subject that the cruel Jim has forbidden?
full of shit

this.

there are 3 groups of people who are are crying about this
1. pedos who are butthurt that they can't post kids
2. goons from other sites taking advantage to ruin Holla Forums
3. idiot anons falling for the 2nd.

Careful using logic, someone might call you Jim.

Did you miss the whole fiasco where he went around banning anyone who disagreed with him including board owners?
Hes the kind of person who doesn't give a shit about freedom of speech, and trampling on freedom of speech isn't okay just because the group being trampled on is generally disliked.

do you not remember when WT snacks was doing the same?
get over it

mods have always been shit, if you fags can't resist against them, you pussies should go back to facebook.

Yes because 4chan is known for its freedom of speech now right?

pick one, newfag.

Holla Forums isn't 13 years old, its barely (almost) 3

And the fact that its gotten nearly as bad as 4chan at such a record pace is just sad really.
I honestly expected a good few more years of hotwheels keeping his promise of letting everyone do what they want within the bounds of the law.
Now this site is just another "you have freedom of speech but you can't say this" site
AKA you don't have freedom of speech

What the fuck did you expect? Technology is expanding at a rapid rate. the first 4 years of 4chan nobody had smartphones, 2007 and beyond the iPhone was released and the entire internet changed from that point.

Take into consideration that 90% of the userbase on this site not only came from 4chan, but didn't browse it prior to 2006.

Just to be clear about the reason that this really pisses me off, it's that I'm absolutely fed up with social media and forums and just about every other type of website in existence because none of them allow venting anymore. I had a Twitter account for eight years, never got any shit for anything I tweeted including venting about shitty people that I had to deal with. Then just last week, I got banned when I came home from work and tweeted about some retards I'd had to put up with, including a black college girl who threatened to kill me and shouted at me for no reason about how white people will not exist in twenty years and upon being told that I actually am not entirely white but half-Asian (I didn't even specify any more), she went on to laugh and scream about my small penis and pretended to not be able to pronounce L while intentionally knocking shit over that I had just gotten done with. So I pretty much ranted about how minorities get away with threatening genocide, and quoted Charles Manson and some other faggots as "proof" that niggers are all retarded and should be slaves. Well, it took about twenty minutes before I was banned and everything was gone. I got a text message that my employer would be contacted, not from twitter but I presume it was a twitter moderator since how else would anyone have gotten my number? Haven't gotten in any trouble yet, I doubt I will, but it is clearly possible from what has been happening to others…

Yeah.

Actually, I'm not, but I do support their right to discuss pedophilia openly; I don't want to see sexual pictures of kids, I wouldn't support their right to post that shit here if it was voted on (I wouldn't vote against it either, though) but I know perfectly well that it's not just that. Even if it is STILL NOW in border of The First Amendment and just pedo shit, it will change. funny wordfilters is happening. Proxies are banned, every proxy I tried that was anonymous (I'm not sure how that shit works but ones that say they're anonymous on proxy test sites) are all banned. That's concerning because the admin can give my IP to law enforcement, if they decide that I have broken the law… Such as "hate speech", which I do often.

That has nothing to do with why Holla Forums is so shit now.
If hotwheels hadn't lost faith in Holla Forums because of infinity never and handed it over to jim who then shat all over what made it popular in the first place then everything would be exactly the same now as it always has been.
The userbase played no part in this.

Incorrect
He banned a bunch of VPNs and even the Holla Forums BO for posting "I understand your frustration."
He also deleted the content of >>>/ddlg/ which was just a fetish board, and had nothing to do with pedos per say.

Jim is also the reason we couldn't transition to Next, with his total and complete rejection of the AGPL license.

That was in addition to Hotwheels broken captcha that was unfit to be used in a dynamic way, because it was far too expensive and unoptimized, and the fact that Josh had to spend two months fixing the framework he used with the large dataset, because Hotwheels couldn't give a straight answer on what system 2channel wanted to use until November, changing it a few times, and even then the hardware was not what he was promised.

im ok with this.

You might get banned globally if you post "I understand your frustration" on /operate/ though.

What the… Wordfilter? I said freedom of speech, free'dom o'f spe'ech.

looks like The First Amendment is censored

no i didn't miss it. I had 2 permabans in a week.
and you know what? i appealed them and turned on a vpn to go on shitposting freely in the meantime. both bans were lifted within 24hrs.
Don't you ever have a bit too much beer and then do something stupid on Holla Forums, like make a really stupid post?
yawn. speech=words=/=exploiting kids

Or did I say The First Amendment? Fre'e spe'ech? I don't know the exact phrase but nothing about the first amendment, I'm not from the USA.

Don't worry you'll get banned for posting completely legal girls if the mods have even a slight suspicion that it might be underage just like mods on 4chan do.

You guys keep ignoring the fact that he deleted boards that have nothing to do with pedos, and global banned entire IP ranges for posts that have nothing to do with pedos.

That too.

u'll never no tru fredom

f r e e s p e e c h is word filtered to first amendment now because if they're going to start banning people exactly like 4chan they might as well disrupt discussion with stupid word filters just like 4chan.

Jim said so.

So are you fags going to leave or bitch all summer long?

c e n s o r s is word filtered to censor

I don't think the mods are very serious here.

If we left you'd be here by yourself on a dead board, is that really what you'd prefer?

funny wordfilters*
c e n s o r s h i p

that's what you fags keep saying but the userbase and PPH haven't changed all year.

see:

This.

Why should I care about what some fat faggot who seized 2channel from his co-owner because he couldn't pay the bills?
Specifically, because the Ronin system that was contracted to Jim's company, Race Queen Inc., leaked a bunch of email addresses?

They both seem like shady as fuck businessmen.

bye!

kek.

now you're starting to figure out the politics game involved.

sucks doesn't it? you can't do anything about it either.

Can you even follow your own train of thought?
You were talking about the pph being up and a post from earlier points out that the only reason the pph is up because people are spamming the everloving shit out of this place constantly.

i could if that wasn't my first post in this thread idiot

post ID when?

I could contribute to the free alternative that we were originally supposed to switch to, had Farmer Jim not spazzed out about the license.

Then quote the original post instead of a reply chain you fucking idiot, you don't need to fuck this board up even more with post IDs just because you can't figure out which post to quote.

Hopefully never, but knowing these tripfagging mods and the fact that they won't enable forced user, it's only a matter of time.

this thread is 90 minutes old.
Holla Forums aint dead yet bros.

i can reply to whichever post i want

you aren't my mom

let me get this right, you want freedom of speech AND for the mods to restrict the freedom of having a custom name?

go to your room

No, it's the fact that mods that were chosen for Holla Forums after the resignations are cancerous (capcode|trip|name)faggers
They'd never enable an option that impedes their socializing and circlejerking with each other.

We also restrict their freedom of banning whoever they want, does that mean we're restricting their freedom to restrict our freedom so we don't actually want freedom?

Holla Forums traditionally is supposed to have no rules, and that extends to the mods, but for many it becomes a problem when the power is wielded by a bunch of faggots

Do it yourself…?

Well the old mods didn't used to be a bunch of faggots, no surprise that they left and the only people who want to do it for free in this shithole are a bunch of faggots though.

this guy gets it

mods are always faggots, period.

You have no reading comprehension.

There's a faggotry scale.

what about dysnomia? he's the only old mod left

This thread is all over the place….

Hes allowed himself to be cucked by jim and follows his every ridiculous command so yeah hes a massive faggot.
The other mods at least knew this place was about to go down the shitter and didn't let jim force them to destroy the only part about this site that had any value.

Although I've stated this is several threads already, I'm still waiting for a response from copypaste about what the deal is on pedo content.

What would you like? For me to leave and have Holla Forums replaced with an even shittier mod?

Had*

You're just going to follow whatever ridiculous shit he says regardless so how could any other mod be any worse?
I'd like it if all the mods refused to moderate out of principle until the site destroys itself, thats what hotwheels recommended we do in a situation like this.

I don't care about who the mods are or what they do as long as they keep this place free from cp

I was referring to the freedom to do whatever you want within the law, you know the thing that made this a good destination for 4chans exodus in the first place?

child models aren't in us law.

defeatist shills are killing Holla Forums.
|
|>
|
|
come to >>>Holla Forums we can save you!

they aren't illegal, and once you trash letting everything legal stay then you're free to ban whatever it is you don't like just like 4chan does.
Do you really think anyone would even be here right now if jim was the owner from the start?

i don't even know why you're bitching,

everyone else was 'defeated' and left, they didn't even put up a fight.

notice how there are no pedos trying to post pedo threads to retaliate, they just gave up.

Actually they have been and the mods replied by permabanning every single proxy they used even though they were just posting candid pictures of kids faces.
Now along with jim not allowing Tor anymore you're lucky to find a proxy that isn't banned for good.

bans here last 90 days at the most. permanent ban my ass

What makes you think thats still the case now that jim is in charge?
Regardless I don't even think this site will last a few months at this rate so it might as well be a permanent ban.

Anons on Holla Forums (specifically Holla Forums) are special snowflakes who hold too many contradictory beliefs.

They think that Holla Forums is supposed to be absolutely perfect, but they also think that everyone shares the same ideals.

They think that Holla Forums shouldn't be allowed to be as shitty and cancerous as the Holla Forums on 4chan, yet they complain when the mods don't remove 4chan tier threads.

Every person bitches about something different and nobody gets along, yet they all reinforce their 'waa Holla Forums is dying!' circle jerk.

They expect the owners of the site to put themselves in danger by allowing a group of idiots (pedos) to constantly push the boundaries of what is allowed on the site. First its children, then its models, then its nudists, then full blown CP.
They expect mods to remove the spam, but only they get to choose what is spam and what is not. They all have different ideas of what is and what isn't cancer/spam and yet they cry when the mods also have opinions of what is cancer and spam.

This place is pretty much full of a bunch of pacifist little girls with cognitive dissonance, who simply can't work together to obtain a common goal..

Despite the moderation doing their best to fix the site errors, users will still find something to complain about, they always will. It's like they ONLY come here to complain, they're a bunch of whiny babies if you ask me.

I could probably add more to this rant but I'm very tired tonight.

It's really kind of sad to see these kinds of people browse a site like this.

The /int*/ goons aren't helping the situation either, they jump in whenever they can and reinforce the ideas of anons who aren't able to think for themselves.

lol
goon

TL;DR: Holla Forums considers all nude images of children to be child porn and they will be deleted and the posting address banned if viable.

Holla Forums faq

They consider all images of children to be child porn, the reason for all the permabans on the proxies pedos were using was always "CP" even though it was just a picture of a kids face.
Its just as bad as 4chan.

Thank you for speaking for every person who browses Holla Forums, you can go to bed now.

Anons on Holla Forums (specifically Holla Forums) are special snowflakes who hold too many contradictory beliefs.

They think that Holla Forums is supposed to be absolutely perfect, but they also think that everyone shares the same ideals.

They think that Holla Forums shouldn't be allowed to be as shitty and cancerous as the Holla Forums on 4chan, yet they complain when the mods don't remove 4chan tier threads.

Every person bitches about something different and nobody gets along, yet they all reinforce their 'waa Holla Forums is dying!' circle jerk.

They expect the owners of the site to put themselves in danger by allowing a group of idiots (pedos) to constantly push the boundaries of what is allowed on the site. First its children, then its models, then its nudists, then full blown CP.
They expect mods to remove the spam, but only they get to choose what is spam and what is not. They all have different ideas of what is and what isn't cancer/spam and yet they cry when the mods also have opinions of what is cancer and spam.

This place is pretty much full of a bunch of pacifist little girls with cognitive dissonance, who simply can't work together to obtain a common goal..

Despite the moderation doing their best to fix the site errors, users will still find something to complain about, they always will. It's like they ONLY come here to complain, they're a bunch of whiny babies if you ask me.

I could probably add more to this rant but I'm very tired tonight.

It's really kind of sad to see these kinds of people browse a site like this.

The /int*/ goons aren't helping the situation either, they jump in whenever they can and reinforce the ideas of anons who aren't able to think for themselves.>>5811633

who is 'they'? is Holla Forums 'them'?
you mean Jim?
who?

no, check the logs.
do you even read?
CP is CP, children is usualy 'pedoshit'
also the bans for non-cp is much less time.

2 weeks isn't a permaban, you sure you aren't a disinfo goon?

fucking, what, post errors are back?

ignore that repost.

If you really want to know ask him

you people have been saying that for years.

this.

Holla Forums has had the same traffic since about january 2015…

the pedos? value?
they were given space by the Turnip to be what they are and what did they do?
they moved in, made everyone else uncomfortable, put a thug on the door and then started screaming muh friedpeach. they damn nearly made Holla Forums a pure pedochan.
jesus fucking christ, user. you are in a bad way.

people like this get it.

the mods

I don't need to check the logs I checked them as I watched the pedo threads they were spamming disappear and all the reasons were always "CP" "CP spam" despite none of them ever posting CP or anything even remotely risque at that.
Eventually they started putting really stupid reasons for their permabans like "I love dead babies" as they banned someone for asking if they hate babies while posting a perfectly innocent picture of a baby.

see:

There needs to be an accurate way to measure site traffic. Some nignog keeps saying "pph or unique ips" is our site traffic but we all know anons use proxies and that one autists keeps spamming/ban evading

what mods?
global mods?
Holla Forums mods?
which ones.

what are they doing that's upsetting you so much?
why don't you let everyone know.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_fallacy

Yeah its called looking at the front page and watching it scroll by at a snails pace because the 5 people on this board are all in this thread bitching about the state of Holla Forums.

not to mention its calculated by a 72 hour average

see

Did you even fucking read what I said?
Oh you're that faggot from earlier that just attaches irrelevant fallacy links while ignoring 90% of posts, I remember you.

Why would you expect someone else to read your drivel if you can't even check a logical fact with evidence to back it up?

that was one bad mod that had his account removed

we went over this yesterday

lurk moar

If he would check the logs he would know that.
Don't bother with him.

Shittier than thou, dysnomia? Recruitment may prove difficult with a job description like that. why don't you just disappear into 8chans labirinthine back end, and stay there?
Stop trying to be liked, ffs. you wont balk the inevitable, which is that anyone who shows themselves as a mod/admin on a chan will be attacked without rhyme, reason or pity by a gang of angry spergs.
You set yourself up to be trucidated with all this attention seeking and hey, it's habbening.

It was omlet and as far as I know hes still a mod.

Thats not even the point I'm talking about, just search "I love dead babies" and you'll find the area.

The best way to increase the potential of Holla Forums and Holla Forums in general is to stop posting/posting in threads like this.

Get off your lazy asses and make some OC.

but why post our dank memes here when we can post them on a site that isn't going to ban us the second we post something they personally don't like?

read dost, if you can, that is.
any image of a child, any, that is intended or likely to arouse a pedophile is illegal. This isn't mumsnet, it's a pedochan. this isn't a place to choose swimwear for your kids, it's a place to find pedo fap material.
content which would be perfectly acceptable on a shopping site, or facebook, or in my family album is clearly illegal here by virtue of context.
pedos did this to themselves, largely. if they'd kept their heads down on a hidden board, they'd still be fapping on 8 chan. instead, they tried to make Holla Forums a single issue hugbox and pic exchange.
now fuck off and stay fucked off.

Why did you come to a site where users are allowed to run their boards how they want if you are against them having the freedom to ban you for being a stupid shit?

Make a board for YOU if you hate it here so much.

This guy gets it.

Because the person whos banning people for liking things that they don't like is the owner of the site and they'll destroy your board if they don't like it.

In otherwords, you're a pedo?
Got it.

Fuck off.

dost isn't even used in a legal setting its just a guideline that this site uses thats become increasingly more broad until as you said ANY picture of a kid that a pedo has is now child pornography just because a pedo has it.

Why are you pedos so butthurt?
Why do you constantly say you're going to leave to another site yet you don't?

Just to go masterchan already.

then you're a pedo sympathizer, which basically means you're a closet pedo.

So you think its okay that the owner of the site is banning anyone he doesn't like and destroying any board he doesn't like simply because you don't like them either?
What happens when he decides he doesn't like you?

i dunno, sort of like these threads. when was the last time Holla Forums had a discussion thread that wasn't spammed to hell?

you keep using that meme but the only thing he's removed is pedos like you.

Call me a pedo sympathizer if you want but I prefer to see it as being someone who isn't so blinded by moralfaggotry that they can't see this place going down the exact same route 4chan went with the exact same excuses and the exact same defenders who thought it was a good idea because "hey I don't like pedos either!"

True. Even if we don't all agree its good to actually sit down and talk.

Still too many fags eager to leave the site. They'll do the same to the next site they go to like special snowflakes.

I don't know why they don't make their own site if they want an ideal.

Thats a lie, hes banned multiple people for simply disagreeing with him and even the board owner of Holla Forums for saying "I understand your frustration"

You people that complain about 'moralfaggotry' are just as bad as the moralfags themselves because you're always spewing your dogmatic 'anti-moralism' which in a sense is just moralist at the opposite end of the spectrum. You're basically the atheists who start fights with Christians despite both groups being dogmatic retards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_relativism

Alright guys. I'd like to take your suggestions on how you want this place to be moderated. I'll give you a little run down:
These are the things I'm not going to change. Here's the logs:
Give me suggestions and please keep it constructive (out of the gutter). So far the worst ban I'll give regarding spam is a day and that's if it's really bad. Because I want to keep those ips up and flowing.

I'm just saying don't let your hatred for a pedos blind you to the fact that jim is going to do what he did to pedos to whoever else he wants just like moot did on 4chan.

I don't want it to be moderated at all, let it burn down just like hotwheels wanted.

and what exactly is wrong with the direction 4chan took?

sure they banned pedos early on, and it might have saved their site.

you wouldn't even be putting up this argument if gamergate didn't happen and nobody had migrated here.
you would still think 4chan was a fine site and you wouldn't give 2 shits about pedo content.

why does pedo content have to equate to Holla Forums being 4chan?

that makes no sense.
just because two sites have a similar idea about how to remove a potential danger, doesn't mean they are going to do the exact same thing.

tell me, do you expect sites like masterchan to become the perfect imageboard due to lack of regulations?

you'd be fooling yourself more than anyone else.

I don't mind pedos, in fact, as long as they stay legal they should have freedom.

unfortunately for the pedos on Holla Forums, they aren't able to uphold those responsibilities very well, are they?

if I ran the site I would do the same thing even if I didn't want to, they're a threat to the site, especially as alphabet soup agencies are getting bolder and bolder about their bullshit and laws.

Why the slippery slope mang? Holla Forums's still trying to find its identity, banning pedo content is not the end of this site.

I agree.

the users on Holla Forums are the users that have been abused and kicked out of every site they ever visit, the reason they use the slippery slope argument is because they are emotionally hurt from all the shitty sites that don't want them.

that's how the law works, user.
If you had 50 gallons of h2o2 in your basement, it would be perfectly legal if you're a hairdresser and very illegal if you were a radical muslim.

pretty much this.

I expect all imageboards to eventually be driven by a hunger for more money which leads to this kind of behavior which is why I plan to quit imageboards all together after this site kicks the bucket.
I've been on imageboards for years and they helped shape who I am so its not something I take lightly either.

If you don't think theres anything wrong with the direction 4chan took then why are you even here?
Ever since jim took over this place has been going in EXACTLY the same direction 4chan went, I don't know why I'm supposed to expect it to suddenly take a 180 and start getting better.

welcome to USA, capitalism pretty much fucked the internet for good.

don't worry though, if it gets too bad we'll re-create it better.

I'm not saying I agree with all of their choices. I'm saying that not every choice we make will lead us in the same direction.

Banning pedos on 4chan was a first good step to making the site better, but it started to fall apart again in 2010 when captcha was introduced.

Holla Forums already has captcha but its needed until we have a software that is capable of keeping shit out.

4chan went through many software changes during my time and I don't expect Holla Forums to be on this software forever.

We will evolve and progress into a great community, I know it.

Eventually though, all things die, but now is not the time for Holla Forums to die.

I don't think thats actually true and neither is the dost test when it comes to actual law.
No pedo gets arrested for child pornography because they have family photos with pictures of kids in them.

if trips Holla Forums is great again.

In my eyes banning pedos was the first wrong step in a series of wrong steps that lead 4chan to be the normalfag infested shithole it is today.
And jim is trying to mold this place to be exactly the same way purely to get more ad revenue, he doesn't give a single shit about the community on this site or chan culture and I don't know why you have any hope that he'd make a single good decision from now on.

so stop complaining and talk to jim

if you can't argue your logic don't bother complaining.

if you have a sound and reasonable argument you may convince him otherwise,

if you talk it out he might explain his logic in the situation as well

the best way for the community to progress is for it to communicate and come to a mutual ideal.

FTFY.

On occasion there are interesting threads that provoke some good conversation, but that's pretty few and far between.

that's a slippery slope you're on.

Its a slippery slope that happened and now 4chan is shit, is it not?

a pedo pic stash is a pedo pic stash.
a family album is a family album
take pic from album and add to stash
pic is now pedo material

Jim would sooner ban me just for raising the issue, if you'd seen his past actions you'd understand my frustration.(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST - TRIGGER WARNING: this is a funban. If I do not specifcy that this is a funban someone might get upset and think that there is an evil imageboard conspiracy)

so tell us, how do we generate ad revenue AND have a good quality userbase?

furthermore, how do removing pedos make the userbase shit?

I haven't noticed a single change in the userbase or anything other than the most autistic posters the site has not having their hourly circlejerk.

explain.

what happened to tripfags being cancerous faggots that needed to die?

you guys have changed who am I kidding, you didn't change, you're just newfags.

So what determines CP is depending on what folder the pedo puts it in?
Come on you're just sounding retarded now, dost isn't law its just a guideline Holla Forums uses.

This. Dost isn't law. We should replace Jim with a lawyer. A Lawyer would be a much better site owner especially if they were Jewish and had some FBI/CIA/NSA mods.

This site was gaining revenue and had a good quality userbase.
hotwheels blew like 15k on infinity never, remember?
Also if you seriously haven't noticed how fucking slow this place is now then you need to get your eyes checked,

what use the material is put to
a medical photo of a baby's anus isn't cp until some sick fuck faps to it. the same photo is perfectly legal on a doctor's harddrive, but not on Holla Forums.

That's because of gamergay.
Gamergay is dead now and everyone who cared about it has left this site.

What did you expect?

This.

Actually, that happens a lot. The problem with it is that usually it turns out that they had some actual CP or at least grey area content, but in some cases, parents have been arrested for having pictures of their own kids.

This, unfortunately.

But the implication is what can get you in trouble, and most often does. It's a shit world, but the law is not blind and neither is justice; if you have pictures of children, you are guilty of being a pedophile unless you can prove your innocence. There are tons of false positives, yes, but unfortunately for the rest of us, who are not pedophiles, the pedophiles do make up the majority of such busts leading to people getting locked away.

Exactly this. In Ukraine, all porn is illegal, yet it is legal for medical purposes — presumably, it includes CP. I have never heard of anyone getting arrested for porn, except CP (but not even that really often) and I don't think anyone has ever pulled the card of "it's for medical use" as some do with weed, but it is still in the law. It's a retarded law and thankfully the internet goes mostly by American law, but the point is that you're right even if it's not law per se in the US. It's still an implicator of criminal intent, which is enough for a warrant as if they'd need a warrant for pedos…

I haven't seen a dip in the userbase until the recent exodus because of jim so I don't think gamergays just left afterwards
Sure the userbase has been pretty stagnant but I don't think everyone left until just recently.

Underrated Post of truth.

true, but if you take a look at the logs its mostly Holla Forums that left, and not even more than 10%

Dubs of truth confirm.

I find any of what you said really hard to believe, if innocent people were being arrested left and right because they had family photos with kids in them on their harddrives I'm pretty sure there would be a huge stink about it.

15k worth of image board software, known as Next, is available for free and to anybody on github. There's an open source instance in use on 16chan and the dev updates the repo almost daily. The only reasons we don't have it here, now, is because Jim would lose face and codemonkey thinks he can sort vivchan.

yeah… we really need to just dump the software and write our own like 4chan did.

FOSS is good but writing your own is better. always.

I'd say its only 10% of Holla Forums that STAYED.
Holla Forums has its own controversy going on that I don't know much about since I don't go there, but people have been leaving there too.
Holla Forums on the other hand probably doesn't have any idea whats even going on, and anyone trying to bring light to the subject would have their threads deleted because mark wants to keep his throne and people leaving to another site would fuck that up.

the board page begs to differ.

While we've almost halved our posting speed (from 500 average to 200) we've only lost around 300 users, and most of them were probably proxies anyway.

Holla Forums might have a general idea of what's going on. Mark was the Spurdo account before it was given to me. I know for a fact that Holla Forums knows what's going on, but they're too busy shitposting about memes and angrybirds to care.

Mark is actually a pretty cool guy in my opinion.

Those numbers are highly skewed from the constant spamming, it was down to under 40 the other day when we had no spammers.

but its taken from a 72 hour average.

If hes a pretty cool guy then he'd let his board know that shit is going down instead of trying to keep them blissfully ignorant so he can keep some sense of power that he thinks he has from being the board owner of Holla Forums

Besides the Nyekii faggot who only spams in small amounts to jew all the gets there hasn't been much spamming until recently.
Just looking at how slow the front page is moving is more than enough proof to me that most everybody has left.

inform them yourself if you think they're clueless.

also all the americans are sleeping.

see:

Can't really argue with you there. This thread has 200 replies and only 23 posters.

mostly a timezone effect. pph is often in the 40-50 range when the burgers are asleep.
traffic has probably been pinched by all this shitflinging, but because of a piece of turnip code in the board stats compiler that was spannering the entire architecture, we don't really know how many users there were before the problem was patched. so no comparison is possible.

how convenient

Holla Forums may have been more popular in the past but over time it bleed users.

I'm probably most to blame for that, I don't know what I'm going to do after this place dies and I quit imageboards
I'll probably end up crawling back to 4chan and learning to live waist deep in shit while unable to say how much I hate being waist deep in shit without getting banned.

Looks like most of Holla Forums left to Holla Forums, ironically the most rulecucked board.

I actually have 20 more posts than you

I think they just left.

I don't know how you fuck up a board as easy to run as Holla Forums but here we are.

how can you know that?
unless you're a global with a means of weighting out dynamic ips/revolving vpns, you can't possibly back that up. and even then, you'd have to unhash the ips and count by hand.

We should really quit artifically inflating the pph so it makes it look like theres more people here than there actually are.
Who am I kidding if this thread never existed the pph probably wouldn't even be in the double digits anymore.

Check out this epic screenshot I took a few years ago.

How does one even run Holla Forums? It's shit, Holla Forums can't be good.

i think around this time we had spam like we do know. that was always consistent over the year.it was like Holla Forums getting an enema every few days.

they said….

good logic, well, i can tell you that this thread has 25 different ID's in it, I can't tell if if its proxy samefag or not.

Trap threads have been a staple of Holla Forums since it started 10 years ago.

Post a trap thread here and people sperg.

Meanwhile pedo (another staple of old Holla Forums) threads were fine. .

You can't explain that.

they were troll threads
they were being trolled and the content wasn't detrimental to the site
fine? no they got increasingly illegal and attracted spambots of the worst kind.

Look at 4chan Holla Forums rules.

The only one that really applies is the "no flooding" one and that's a rule that needs to apply to all boards just by necessity of image board design because of the limited page number.

but Holla Forums has even less rules than 4chan Holla Forums

the only thing both sites agree on is no pedos.

mea culpa

I was one of the people that complained about the tripfag circlejerk thread on Holla Forums.

In retrospect I realize I was being a faggot.

Those spambots go to every chan site regardless of their stance on pedos.

The spambots are here because the posting restrictions aren't as strong as they are on 4chan.

The can't post on 4chan because their IPs are undoubtedly all permanently banned.

thanks to people complaining about the tripfag circlejerk the cyclic threads were removed

this made the pedos and ponies sperg out and attack the site until now where we can't even post kids

its all your fault

want to know the true pph?
5811728-5811877 between 9 and 10 am cet.
that's 149 posts

I never liked IDs but now I see they have value as a self moderation tool.

If someone tries to spiderman your thread you should be able to filter all their posts.

but its only 9:22 here.

also the burgers are sleeping but thats pretty good for this time of night
o-oh wait, its only this thread.

NO ID's

~lazy mod

I think the shit general and now the piss general probably contribute to just as much to that as this thread does unfortunately.

why are you sharing that information? only vols can see that and for a reason. (the number is higher than i thought.)

I'm only implying that few posters post a lot, the majority of posters don't post often, and the rest lurk.

I usually don't post nearly as much as this but with Holla Forums being as slow as it is right now I think it needs all the help it can get

I agree.

We need some community created OC.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums has tons.

boardwide, coco

anti tripfag attitude is very strong on 4chan.

that video of moot is old, on modern 4chan tripfags can get banned for tripfagging it up.

I know the measurement is board wide, I'm saying it's mostly this thread.

no you don't.

that leads to god awful forced memes like travis and smiling negro.

lol

no content
no creation
no fun
serious discussions only.

memes need to flow naturally.

I've kinda liked all that shillsen/krillcen/snib/take your meds stuff on /n/.

Depends on the board /vg/ gives no fucks./mlp/ and Holla Forums loath them unless they contriboot.
(can jordan get you b& now)

memes are just a byproduct, they aren't a goal in themselves.

are they a byproduct of waste?

fixed

HW said he had stats to prove the 90% lurker ratio, but it's probably a lie. Are there logs or counters for the ips which only lurk? What data is recorded and who has access? How long is the data kept, where and in what form? Why, above all,why?

finally some OC ;O

8/b/ was pretty strong a while back, better than 4chan Holla Forums.

It's downfall was due to the quality meme imo, when threads would just get spammed for not being "quality" thus killing discussion and making people not want to post.

inb4 someone takes this as me advocating for mass spamming and shitposting everything

nice death rune are you trying to kill us all?

Protip most lurkers are lurking pizza links, that will go now.

the lurker/poster ratio is the same on most sites.

this, its pretty much the same everywhere

fify

Goddamn this board is awful

so why you come here?

This isn't going to necessarily be the answer you people want to hear if you want to solve the lack of enthusiasm and OC

Our Holla Forums is full of legitimate retards

Now do not get me wrong, The First Amendment is great, and Holla Forums has never given a single fuck

But in a board with no rules like Holla Forums, its the job of the community to keep the newfags in check and drive a distinct culture

Take old 4chan for instance; the average poster no doubt had a much higher IQ and actual discussions could be pulled off rather than the semi-rare meta discussion we get now, and a strong culture was always being driven, newfags got weeded out constantly.etc

Our Holla Forums is essentially what happens when you let underage children and/or mentally handicapped adults run a community, the result is exactly as you'd expect, relentless spam, really bad and shitty forced memes and so on

wait a second…
The First Amendment

this guy gets it.

heh, nice word filter mods

29.27% have accounts.

that doesn't account for how many accounts actually post, and if any of them post original content or not

bad example.

**In reality the reddit user count may be even smaller than 36 mil because a lot of accounts are throwaway accounts/inactive accounts

test

I come here rarely but it used to have really good discussions and OC.than i came back after awhile and there was only spam in any decent threads.It wasnt the pedos that fucked you i think.

BE MUCH MORE STABLE PLEASE
lost too much users because of that.
and strangely I sometimes cannot post comment when browsing without proxy, it does really sucks.

I disagree.

old 4chan Holla Forums is what many here would probably consider cancer.

4chan was never about elitism, that's a meme that came later. 4chan /a/ one of the boards constantly claiming elitism is just a shitpost factory of "which anime grill would you fugg??".

Nostalgia
Up until about june 2015 Holla Forums was chaotic fun, now its just retarded full of Holla Forums shittters and ass mad pedo scum and spam

Yeah. I'm feeling about the same. It was full of spam and cat's cradle and tripfags/pedos/ponies
and hotwheels

2015 was a great year until the software died

everything declined from there.

spam is anti The First Amendment, particularly on image boards.

I remember you guys seemed to have stolen alot of content creators. Drawfags ahd writefags and the like…what happened to them?

If you confuse banter with shitposting sure, naw, our Holla Forums is full on shitposting and no banter, old Holla Forums got shit done, we just make pisstake post after pisstake post and pretend everyone else thinks its funny

Oh yeah, here's a good example, jimfag is necro'ing a bunch of shill threads

its not funny
its not banter
its shitposting
I remember a time when shitposting was a lot less tolerated, then all of the sudden The First Amendment faggots thought just because you could shitpost means its okay, when its not, ironic shitposting will always still be shitposting

"pissing in an ocean of piss"

any potential this chan might've had was killed by [redacted] and making this site run on
proprietary software

deade deade daedad

The solution to Holla Forums's moderation issues is having something like various 4chan archives have built in, threads and posts don't get completely deleted they just get kept in an archive that allows people to ghost post to.

nigga wat

I'm a creepypasta chef, but unfortunately there's not much to motivate writing le spoopy maymay greentexts.

>>>/bunker/999

old 4chan Holla Forums, Holla Forums Holla Forums the same. It isn't as bad as new 4chan Holla Forums yet.

Yes, I missed it. What happend exactly?

actually 8/b/ now has more recycled threads. like people rip them off of other places to fill the catalog.

Well, considering the site works flawlessly now, i think we can all start recruiting more people to the site.

lol

If by flawlessly you mean spews out errrors every few minutes.

502, 504, 522.
COLLECT THEM ALL!

There's precedent for it.

I dont know about you guys but i only get these errors when someone spams a board

How is that any better? That means the software is fucking broken and if the userbase got larger errors would become more frequent.