Why is this allowed? Are people that stupid that they don't realize a parsec is a distance?

Why is this allowed? Are people that stupid that they don't realize a parsec is a distance?

This is like me saying "my car finished the indy 500 race in 500 miles"

Other urls found in this thread:

411mania.com/movies/daisy-ridley-says-j-j-abrams-called-her-acting-wooden-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's just another shit "LOOK IT'S JUST LIKE YOU REMEMBER XD" joke. When he said it originally, I assumed Han knew it didn't make sense, and said it as a test to see how much he could take Luke and Ben for. Here it's just "Fan" service memeing.

The way it was explained in the EU is that the kessel run was a smuggling route that required you to fly past a cluster of black holes. Ergo, the more powerful your engines, the closer you could get to the black holes without getting obliterated, thus having a shorter distance.

But lol fuck the EU DAT shits gay. Maybe it's a unit of time in the star wars universe now.

but that didnt even make sense in the fucking first movie

HAN
Han Solo. I'm captain of the
Millennium Falcon. Chewie here tells
me you're looking for passage to the
Alderaan system.

BEN
Yes, indeed. If it's a fast ship.

HAN
Fast ship? You've never heard of the
Millennium Falcon?

BEN
Should I have?

HAN
It's the ship that made the Kessel
run in less than twelve parsecs!

He's talking about it as if it proves the ship is fast. So the black holes theory is fucking stupid.

sounds much more likely because han is a rogue who shot greedo first

Or maybe Lucas is overrated and Star Wars was never good in the first place.

there was an extended universe comic that explained that a kessel was some kind of bird and a 'kessel run' involved catching that bird in the shortest distance possible

it was stupid as fuck.

there's nothing worse than someone who fucked up trying to cover their ass and seem smart. would've been best to just leave it as is.

Then you're missing the point of escapism, you fucking retard.

a powerful engine in a small ship would imply speediness.

that must be post disney aquisition.

What part of that makes Star Wars any better?

no it doesnt. you can have a super powerful engine that generates massive amounts of torque rather than speed. tugboats have engines that can pull barges weighing millions of tons but they can't go faster than 15 knots

Your Mom ass has an engine that can pull barges weighing millions of tons but can't go faster than 15 knots, m8.

Goddamn, the shitty-ass, quirky """"""""""humor"""""""""" was just about the worst part during my first, and hopefully, final viewing of TFA. Jar Jar's poopy jokes for kids were fucking nothing compared to Ooga Boyega screaming "BOOM, DID YOU SEE THAT?, I'M IN CHARGE" every 5 seconds.

this is true, but given that he gave that answer in rsponse to being asked if the ship was fast, its safe to say that he was implying it was fast.

it was before. i read it in high school.

The big book I have that gathers up all the lore right before the kikes destroyed it says Kessel is a misshapen mining planet on the outer rim with a shit ton of spice on it that the imperials controlled, whom smugglers sneaked past by running through a dense network of black holes referred to as "The Maw". It's one of those old books that no longer counts, sorry.

Or rather, got overwritten with (probably better) writing before being overwritten with worse writing from hacks and kikes.

STOP IT NERDS CAN WE JUST ENJOY EPISODE 7 FOR BEING A FUN TIME WITH A GREAT CAST ALREADY

there was a great cast? was it the horse or the baboon?

yeah, there doesn't seem to be anyone who curates/curated star wars lore. the planet kessel showed up in Rogue Squadron. i suppose the explanation for that could be that there just happen to be 2 different things in the star wars universe that are called 'kessel', star wars does take place in an entire galaxy after all.

none of it matters anymore though. the EU is dead so now i guess disney can just come up with whatever bullshit they want

It's more like every new beginning is a delicate time, and then afterwards they tightened up lore standards a fair bit, and then Lucas hired an autistic chinaman to make sure everything was 100% consistent. It's a shame, because as I said I've got this big book and they're never gonna put this amount of detail again. Like, there's alien sonnets and complex planetary details and what early empires existed in the galaxy before the jedi and the sith, you know, people cared.

Wait…

Did they seriously give the main character of episode VII an irritating British accent? Did they somehow forget that Star Wars is an American series? And that main characters should be particularly relate-able to the intended audience?

yes

Because they glanced at a science textbook and thought that parsec was a time measurement and not a distance measurement. The 'sec' part is what got them.

That acting is truly top notch. Jew Jew really knows how to pick 'em.

how did she know how to fly a space ship without every being in one before. How did she know how to fly the falcon which surely has non standard controls if any kind of standardized control system exists?

Why would the millenium falcon be sitting around unlocked and fully fueled? Having vagina is the new "palpatine made it happen."

It's a hyperspace computer. Han explains in the first movie that it calculates the path the ship will take. 12 parsecs is just an especially short route that the computer was able to find. The story mutating to 14 is retarded though. Stories get exaggerated not the other way around.

I just saw the episode 7 for the first time the other night. It was horrible, so horrible I consider the prequels actually OK movies in comparison. You can see how the nigger was supposed to be the love interest but Disney forced the change. It also had the gayest scene ever, when the dindu gets to the NotYavin rebel base and he meets up Poe Dameron. I thought the two were going to start locking lips right there. I learned from this movie that if a female tells herself that she can fly a starship without any training or experience, she can because she said "I can do this" in a serious manner.

China?

You know, I would have just said they were aliens, and some of their words mean different things to ours. Problem solved, without all this needless thrashing about like a dying seal.

Lucas made the explanation that Han was simply bullshitting when he said that. Force Awakens copying the line is just Disney being derivative to the point of complete retardation.

Sci fi writers are super autistic.

Didn't know there were Murdoch fans here?

Made the call of not watching this, and seeing how just a second of her stupid mug already irritated me, it seems I did well.

Yeah TFA never happened. The Star Wars movie saga ended with Jedi.

Sounds like Han is just bullshitting them to be honest.

Lucas said somewhere that what it means is the Falcon has such an amazing navigation computer that it can find a shorter route through the Kessel run

and how could she find the issue and fix the ship in an instant? Sure Han is old but it's his fucking ship, he knows everything about it.

Somebody needs to shoop cum on that face. Would be so fitting.

Yeah, RotJ was pretty much a perfect ending to the saga. Everything is tied together so nicely. If you watch TFA after it you feel like it takes a piss on everything. It also doesn't make any sense that there would be yet another sith appearing out of nowhere. TPM started with a grey jedi protagonist and a corrupt jedi order and a sith manipulator starting shit, RotJ ended with a grey jedi protagonist and both the jedi order and the sith gone. Now the symmetry is fucked.

Also, the fact that Luke gains a green lightsaber in RotJ just like Qui-Gon had is also a pretty cool autistic detail I forgot to mention.

Spoken like a true Disney shit.

This too.

Exactly. TFA was worse than the Vong on so many levels and truly made the old movies feel worthless. Yet people will still praise it cuz muh nostalgia. Just leave it at ROTJ damn it.

It ended with Star Wars.

411mania.com/movies/daisy-ridley-says-j-j-abrams-called-her-acting-wooden-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

"SO DAMNED CHARISMATIC"

Can you upload the book as pdfs or at least state the title?

There's a simple explanation for this: George Lucas is a hack

Yeah. What kind of film maker doesn't know that a parsec is a measurement of distance? This is fundemental.

Sure, but that's not how this works. Spacecraft do not have propeller-based propulsion, which has a maximum speed defined by friction and rotation speed of the propeller. They have propulsion systems based on the expulsion of gasses.
In the vaccuum of space you don't need power to fight aerodynamic or aquadynamic drag, so all a bigger engine does is take less time to achieve the desired speed.
Now the problem with getting close to black holes isn't speed required, but not being pulled apart by tidal forces. stellar black holes are extremely dangerous in that regard.
Also, God forbid any of them has an accretion disk. Accretion disk + Black hole = x-rays that will kick your balls off.

So beautiful, like Michelle Obama.

Meme'ing aside, I think The Force Awakens is the quintessential movie to represent the Obama Presidency. Minorities and women in every role, white men are evil, Mary Sue lead, non-nonsensical rehashed plot, and the worst sin of all, it was boring.

fucking this
nostalgiafags get out

Just like with Star Trek, there have been (and are currently) individuals responsible for organizing lore and curating/maintaining canon. In fact, they have full departments with dedicated staff within the production organization. Unfortunately, the principle individuals are pretty much just glorified secretaries who are seen as librarians and not creatives with a vision.

Despite being dedicated fans and consumate 'idea guys' with their own elaborate head canon, they're hired specifically because they're betas with no drive or passion to push for it. They're basically creativity cucks.

In most fictional universes, once they sell out, the creators are intentionally weeded-out in favor of manipulators and remixers supported by yes men. Lucas seems to be an odd exception in that he seems to have gotten spooked and gave-up on the mythology himself a decade or two before selling the entire project.

You'll never convince me that the prequel trilogy was what Lucas truly understood the origin story to be. He pulled those films out of his ass because he had become terrified of his own creation. Like his mentor, Joseph Campbell, Lucas loved mythology but hated religion. Unfortunately, with a potent perennial myth like the heroes journey coupled with a concept like The Force, Lucas basically laid the groundwork for something that was spiritually compelling to a not insignificant number of people IRL and he did so at a time when the traditional religious systems were being undermined and abandoned, particularly in the UK, Australia, and large cities in the US. Having "Jedi" formally recognized on an Australian census back in the early 00's probably was the nail in the coffin (despite being a prank).

there is a conspiracy within the entertainment industry to promote meaninglessness. the visionary creators all quit or are bought-out before they are able to subvert that. Time will tell if the edgelord "muh grey morality" hacks are just bluffing with these grimdark shit worlds that are in style or if maybe someone like GRRM is pulling the mother of all swerves - this time on the industry and not on the audience, but i suspect not. As much as I love to see that fat fuck paint his face in clown makeup and drown hollywood in fago screaming about "it's all about God", I think these rampant shitworld meaninglessness is a generational thing. The Baby Boomers dont want to ever be eclipsed so they're burning the whole culture down on their way out.

There are so few Scifi movies out there that are not complete dr.who level shit people tend to put too much value on whatever is ok rather than great especially when their ok escapism that they probably have games and other media for is turned to shit by jews, Sjws, feminists, communists,etc.

Tell me the name of this book please.
I'll fucking buy it if I can't find it for free somewhere.
I will never accept Disney SW as canon, and I'm more than willing to keep records of the actual canon whenever possible.

The prequels were 100% kino.

CHARISMA INTENSIFIES

Too bad that now the majority of the masses are nostalgiafags who only watch the new movies because "member Vader and Leia?".

or Han just trying to see how much exactly he could rip 'em off…

No, they're larping, just like how everyone is a Lynch fan now because Twin Peaks is coming back.

LMAO look at the nerd thinking retarded make-believe terms actually mean anything! grow up kiddo ;)

This doesn't get talked about enough. The entire two generation, six film long story of the rise and fall of the Empire/Sith, mirrored against the fall and return of the Republic/Jedi is ruined with the new movies. The Sith are ended, the Empire sent into disarray and defeat. Sure, perhaps the New Order should have had one movie entry before being ended for good so they can move on, but ultimately its pointless.

All of Luke's trials and errors lead to him winning back his father's heart to end the Emperor. So Luke and I guess Leia, would be the last force users standing, to start again, but certainly to avoid the mistakes their predecessors made. A new story would have been the best and would have done more for the films too. We've seen the empire stuff done to death, let Lucas have all that glory and do something new. But they needed all the familiar stuff so they could sell it to the masses. So they could insert their agendas in a familiar setting. I believe 100% that TFA was going to be a reboot, but even they were smart enough to rethink that. It would explain why its A New Hope retold with stronk womyn and non-white heroic males.

I didn't know the Millennium Falcon was propeller driven space ship.

star wars does not have gas propulsion. that's ridiculous, stop pulling shit out of your ass. it's obviously some kind of engine that propels itself along electromagnetic force lines, the gas exhaust is only a muffler. how else do you explain the podracing sounds

fucking retards dont know what the torque force is no wonder they dont care that a parsec is a unit of distance not speed

The Prequels certainly were better films than the originals. I'd say Star Wars was good for about a decade, from 1999 to 2007.

I'll never forget how awesome seeing Episode III in theaters was. Saw it multiple times.

Nothing gave me such a boner as when all the Jedi got merc'd by the Clones. Fuck your mysticism, nothing beats raw overwhelming force.

Good post, I rate it 14/88

results?

han is definitely stroking his ego

even though the (((legends))) canon states that the kessel run was made shorter by drifting on black holes and thus all han did was go in more of a straight line. he's just trying to sell himself as what ben and luke need.

what's the name of the reviewer who did this again? i absolutely loved that video and want to see it again.

funny thing is, in "before the awakening" it's stated that rey messed around on a flight simulator from a y-wing or something. as stupid and gimmicky that is (i don't recall the YT freighters and Y-Wings having the same manufacturer, at least luke's T-16 and the X-Wings were both designed by Incom), i would have accepted her fudging the falcon if they threw in a quick 10 second scene of her fucking around on the simulator prior to her flying the falcon instead of "it was the force all along" bullshit.

like, for fuck's sake, at least with luke and anakin they're given context on their piloting abilities prior to us seeing them doing any piloting. you can call the prequels shit all day every day, but at the end of said day they were still logically competent unlike the fart awakens.

she's a 2.28/10, it's in the picture.

you mean qui-gon had a green saber like luke

they only gave him a green saber because shooting a blue saber against a blue sky would be hard to see.

Anakin even got a briefing on Naboo spacecraft by a pilot before flying one and even then he struggled and mostly got lucky. Rey is not shown to fly anything and then pilots the Falcon better than Han or Lando ever did.

I know, but I'm fairly sure George had pottery in mind when he made Qui-Gon in the prequels, he mirrored Luke quite well in many ways. Especially how he went against the advice of his fellow Jedi, not with the desperation in ESB which mirrors with Anakin in AotC, but with confidence in that he must do what he knows to be right wherever that path leads him.

his name is E;R.

Our guy?

this is the only thing i disagree with. he's free to dislike those characters (luke and ben happen to my favs, but i'll let it slide), but disliking the original film is just silly and we may as well lump him in the disneytard group at that point. or at the very least, one foot in the door.

i love how overlooked that little scene is. not even 3 fucking seconds, yet it establishes anakin's abilities far better than "i can do this". i had a big argument with a few people months ago on how rey is a shitty character, threw down every perfect example as to why both luke and anakin aren't marey sues, and all they could come up with was the floating theory that rey was a jedi before getting ditched on not-tatooine. i'd be seriously amazed if they didn't use that theory, because it's the only possible way for disney and nu-lucasfilm to get out of that sinkhole.

it's like, how do people forget that anakin was a fuckin mechanic, he actually worked on ships, assembled and disassembled them for a living (in addition to building c-3po, but that isn't as important), whereas rey was a scavenger, all she did was find shiny fuckin metal that wasn't obviously broken and traded it for food, and sometimes cleaned it.

is rey really "rey mixer" or is that some fake news internet meme like pizzagate

It's real. Although the pizza shit could be real too.

I don't watch MDE, but is Sam Hyde trying to look like a retarded Nic Cage + Aaron Taylor Johnson?