Smoking pot ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3607444/Smoking-cannabis-ALTERS-DNA-causing-mutations-trigger-illness-including-cancer.html
(Sorry no archive link. Too lazy to do it. If you want it go do it yourself. Self Service is the best service)

Smoking cannabis alters a person's DNA, causing mutations, experts say
These mutations can trigger serious illness, including cancer
Mutations passed to children and future generations, raising their risk too

Smoking cannabis can alter a person's DNA, causing mutations that expose a user to serious illnesses, experts have warned.
Furthermore, the heightened risk is not exclusive to the marijuana user, a study has shown.
The disease-causing mutations are passed on to their children, and several future generations, it has emerged.
Though the link between cannabis and severe illnesses, such as cancer, has previously been documented, how this occurs and the implications for future generations was not well understood.

Dr Stuart Reece, and Professor Gary Hulse from the University of Western Australia's School of Psychiatry, analyzed literary and research material to understand the likely causes.
Dr Reece said: 'Through our research we found that cancers and illnesses were likely caused by cell mutations resulting from cannabis properties having a chemical interaction with a person's DNA.

(Read more at link)

Other urls found in this thread:

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo6/2-3/13/section/4
nature.com/bjc/journal/v95/n2/abs/6603236a.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11479216
jneurosci.org/content/21/17/6475.abstract
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/308/3/838.abstract
mct.aacrjournals.org/content/10/1/90.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17952650
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1576089/
jci.org/articles/view/37948
cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/64/16/5617.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20516734
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20859676
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18025276
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21915267
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/early/2006/05/25/jpet.106.105247.full.pdf html
molecular-cancer.com/content/9/1/196
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22776349
pnas.org/content/95/14/8375.full.pdf html
cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/66/13/6615.abstract
endo.endojournals.org/content/141/1/118.abstract#fn-1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22198381
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21097714
nature.com/onc/journal/v27/n3/abs/1210641a.html
cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4
cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/66/13/6748.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12746841?dopt=Abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3339795/?tool=pubmed
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22594963
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22231745
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19442536
safeaccess.ca/research/pdf/MD_AndersonCancerStudy.pdf
gut.bmj.com/content/54/12/1741.abstract
aacrmeetingabstracts.org/cgi/content/abstract/2006/1/1084
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12091357
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16908594
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.23584/abstract
molpharm.aspetjournals.org/content/70/5/1612.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12511587
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475304
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19916793
medscape.com/viewarticle/803983
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12514108
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15313899
youtu.be/r4lsvHMkWFg
huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/sir-paul-mccartney-gives-up-smoking-pot_n_1281622.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im high right now bruh sounds like a load of bullshit tbhj

you know what else alters your DNA?

french fries

I have been smoking pot for 40 years and the only side effect I don't like is being obliged to fart for 14 seconds every morning at 4am, precisely when the Daily Fucking Mail is published.

The UK government don't like cannabis because it treats cancer and it is illegal to cure cancer in England.

Don't believe me?
Check out the Cancer Act:

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Geo6/2-3/13/section/4

lol its always the dailymail with you shitters.

everytime

sadly, it is so.
Eh oui, there are token greybeards here. We're the ones who are in charge but drive home early in a Mercedes to shitpost while the maid makes dinner.

No one's better at playing all sides of an issue.

Get the fuck out of here grandpa this is our circle jerk.

Well don't just hide behind a bunch of stock images, tell us your life story. Show us some photographs and other artefacts, ticket stubs from long dead or disbanded musical acts, one of your old rides from back in the day, how you eventually found yourself here. Even if it's the most inane, boring shit in the history of man, the longevity is what interests us most.

I was here first and suck not. You just arrived by bus and suck much.
>suck on, bro, while I fuck my wife.

What? You're getting too old for this old man.

If I can guess how many Werther's original caramels you have in your pocket right now, will you leave?

I'll never give in, ever. Outliers have no choice but to move with youth.

you know it to be true, this coming from one of the most religiously fanatical anti-drug countries on the globe and funded by their government…

cannabis has been around long before the jews or even the early humans, whats the hate with the plant? makes you weak an lazy? you've been around the wrong potheads, top martial artist and MMA style of choice Brazilian jujitsu's holy messiah was dethroned by a skinny pot head half his size, the stoner bronco's took the super bowl, schwarzenegger smoked during the body building days (rummer is he still does), when I was in college started and got thinking; got into shape and MMA as well as shooting, thinking about being a firearms instructor. sounds like projection, just get into shape, be a man, you don't have to bash a plant.

older people may have wisdom

^

Pic related

Are you Jim?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Well, this thread certainly drew in a bunch of angry potheads. Didn't know potheads were this easily triggered

think you're in the wrong thread

So now the cure for cancer is alleged to be a cancer causing agent.

Fuck off, you stinking jew.

smoke Barth2032

Scientists are idiots who change their view when one scientis is dead (of cancer) and another takes over. They should kill themselves and spare the world of the misery-cancer they spread everywhere just by their being.

I was just thinking a few hundred years ago, modern science believed that infections were spread through water so how you prevented disease was that nobody bathed ever. And now we know lack of hygiene is exactly how plagues are spread…

Remember when doctors were putting all these children on low cholesterol diets? Welp, turns out the brain is made of cholesterol ("what they call "bad cholesterol") and you actually kind of need it for healthy brain development.

Remember when carbs for breakfast was good, and then bad, and then good, and then bad? Remember when the food pyramid for 30 years had way too many grains and sugars because the farm lobby bought politicians to make it that way. And in fact the obesity epidemic was caused by the food pyramid and federral guidelines for children suggesting unhealthy portions due to corporate influence!

I don't know whether weed is good or bad, or good in some ways and bad in others, but it's my body and I would like to have power over the decision. I wish the government would publish unbiased information but sadly the FDA is merely the marketing arm of Big Pharma. If it were up to them, children would be mandated a steady diet of Ritalin (profiting the pharmaceutical and medical insurance industries) or else the parent gets jailed for abuse.

Official Medical Studies Showing Cannabis Cures Cancer

Cures Brain Cancer

nature.com/bjc/journal/v95/n2/abs/6603236a.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11479216
jneurosci.org/content/21/17/6475.abstract
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/308/3/838.abstract
mct.aacrjournals.org/content/10/1/90.abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17952650
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1576089/
jci.org/articles/view/37948
cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/64/16/5617.full

Cures Mouth and Throat Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20516734

Cures Breast Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20859676
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18025276
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21915267
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/early/2006/05/25/jpet.106.105247.full.pdf html
molecular-cancer.com/content/9/1/196
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22776349
pnas.org/content/95/14/8375.full.pdf html
cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/66/13/6615.abstract
endo.endojournals.org/content/141/1/118.abstract#fn-1

Cures Lung Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22198381
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21097714
nature.com/onc/journal/v27/n3/abs/1210641a.html

Continued…

Cures Uterine, Testicular, and Pancreatic Cancers

cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4
cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/66/13/6748.abstract

Cures Prostate Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12746841?dopt=Abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3339795/?tool=pubmed
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22594963

Cures Colorectal Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22231745
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19442536
safeaccess.ca/research/pdf/MD_AndersonCancerStudy.pdf
gut.bmj.com/content/54/12/1741.abstract

Cures Ovarian Cancer

aacrmeetingabstracts.org/cgi/content/abstract/2006/1/1084

Continued…

Cures Blood Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12091357
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16908594
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.23584/abstract
molpharm.aspetjournals.org/content/70/5/1612.abstract

Cures Skin Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12511587

Cures Liver Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21475304

Cures Biliary Tract Cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19916793

Cures Bladder Cancer

medscape.com/viewarticle/803983 (Sign-up required to view)

Cures Cancer in General

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12514108
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15313899

Also THIS (picrelated):

youtu.be/r4lsvHMkWFg

idiot. that only says advertising cancer "healing" stuff is illegal.

also, good luck proving that weed cures cancer, moron.

i read the mouth and throat cancer one, interesting stuff. wouldn't be surprised either, like Hippocrates said
and cannabis is a natural plant, great to eat (non-psychoactive) classically used for topical burns, why I buy the healthy eating thing to fight cancer, all this cancer has got to be from the garbage we put in our body and toxic candy land we prop up around ourselves (factories etc)

"Likely caused" - hmm…

Also, it would have been more unlikely if they found out it didn't cause mutations. What matters if it causes a significant amount of mutations, but of course they wouldn't touch upon that with a six paper joint.

Oh, look… a moron calling someone else a moron.

The actual study is behind a paywall. No stats or scientific information from this "study" in any of the articles online. I didn't try, but I bet anything if you look, this was probably funded by someone who stands loose money when legalization happens. See police, prisons, pharmaceutical companies ect ect…

Clearly the next step in human evolution

Why can't they get rid of the harsh chemical tasting weed?

Smoking is bad for your health in general which is why vaporizers were made TBH DOE FAM SHEEEEIT

obvious troll is obvious

NUTTIN 2 C HERE KIDDIES

Tar from pot smoking is probably a much bigger and more relevant concern.

Weed gets you high and gives you the munchies. It does pretty much jack shit beyond that though.

DUDE WEED is the future because seth rogan told me LMAO

nice try CIA.

Yeah… I doubt it.

absolutely zero understanding of genetics

why would it specifically trigger cancer and serius illness compared to say smoking tobacco?
smoking of any type alters your DNA - how many people live in cities?

unlikely unless they routinely rub the spent roaches on their ballsacks and deep in their uteruses

i would too in your shoes.
fact is, i have never been able to hold down a job, so i have to work as an independent.
the only harm weed ever did me other than physical was to deprive me of the option to be a normie. it has been a lifelong redpill and i can't regret that.

huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/16/sir-paul-mccartney-gives-up-smoking-pot_n_1281622.html

Pic related is all the fucks I give about what Paul McCartney does or doesn't do.

On the subject of smoking, it's really no one else's business whether I smoke or not. So fuck you. It's my life, not yours.

I'm sorry you're an insecure teenager who grew up in a middle class white neighborhood and tried durgz to be cool at a party of other sweaty greasy teenagers. Yes, you have 'control' over your own life, and I don't, for now. We'll talk about it.

You're old. Too old to be browsing 8chin, bragging about how kewl your oled lyfe is to a bunch of young whippersnappers like us.

I'm with and unless you wanted to post your old wrinkly saggy dying old man face, but nobody needs to see that.

Still, I'd love to count your wrinkles and guess your REAL age.

For all I know, you're 250(+*), OLD MAN.

so this is for smoking, what about vaporizing? not the nasty e-liquid shit, but the ones that use real marijuana and just heat the plant material up to 365 degrees to produce an inhalable mist. i have one, and it barely produces any of the sticky tar thats more common when smoking it.

your sperm will inherit the epigenetic markers. not sure about eggs though as they are formed before birth

Was that acutal donkey semen?

yea it was a banned episode. i think its on liveleak

Kènnedi, despite the joy from our Skype days, I hurt you. I'm really sorry, I would eat your cooking for the rest of my life.
Kènnedi, despite the joy from our Skype days, I hurt you. I'm really sorry, I would eat your cooking for the rest of my life.

Having DNA alters your DNA
t. Jaden Smith

wew
such maturity as is shown in this post: tragic.
the thread's about weed, not juvenile bile. age is certainly not a barrier to lurking IBs, nor to much else in life if you are determined.
and as for all my wrinkles, i doubt you could count that high without a device of some sort to assist you. however, know that no longer caring what other people think of you and no longer even trying to make a good impression on others by pimping yourself with creams and new clothes, a big phone and a silly haircut: that's true freedom.
Age is in fact a liberation.

ain't that the truth, sometimes i think how things would be like if i was never introduced to the plant in college, i'd probably still be slipping through life with blinders on, wasting my life going to clubs being a vain detached product of my society. shit helped ground me, realize whats important, family, health, genuine relationships and helping others when you can. plant of the heavens i tell you hwut.

do you notice a weaker less efficacious high when you use a vaporizer vs traditional pipe or water pipe?

(pic related) degenerate stoner who ruined his life smoking the Jewish leaf just hit a net worth of 4.8 billion…

So does existing. Unless you're hiding at the bottom of a mile-deep lead-lined mine shaft and not eating, you're exposed to mutagens on a continuous basis.

Of course, I know that because I haven't destroyed my brain by being a fucking stoner.

Most of the shit you do alters your dna. It's not supposed to be stagnant.

Fucking retarded garbage.

cannabis does not contain any tar, user

are you retarded?
you have smoked pot before, yes? you know what resin is? that's right, tar.
that shit goes in your lungs just like tobacco tar does.

fuck this gay earth

this thread is why I love this site

I use magic in this post to turn the dubs back on

do you know me?

no its about the same really. well actually a "bowl" worth of pot can be effectively vaporized twice. once at 365 degrees, and then again at 450 degrees. so you can basically get high twice off of one bowl. so while vaporizers can be pricey you'll end up saving money in the long run. (Vapor Bros sells some in the $150-$200 range, not bad compared to like a $400 Volcano which is an overrated brand)

do you live near the north pole? i've heard weed don't come cheap up there due to the bears, the ones who eat buns and steal bags from cormorants.

The common cormorant or shag
Lays eggs inside a paper bag
The reason you will see no doubt
It is to keep the lightning out
But what these unobservant birds
Have failed to notice is that herds
Of wandering bears may come with buns
And steal the bags to hold the crumbs.

pic is Jim in 1895. i can tell by the pixels etc.

what a badass!!

no u