Holla Forums will argue about anything

Does Holla Forums know geometry?
Which way is shorter?

the blue line is shorter, anyone who denies this is a nigger-cocksucking faggot

they start at the same point and end in the same point, so they have to be equally long

I hope you're being sarcastic

PIE ARE SQUARED

that's all i remember

let the distance from the initial to the end point be n. blues length equals pi * n / 2 because n is the diameter and it is half the circumference of the full circle of the same diameter. the red length equals pi * (n / 2) because n / 2 is the diameter and of each semicircle and together they have the circumference of a full circle of the same diameter.

:D

right, hadn't thought about that

Trick question. Both are of the same length.

Which one is the shorter Holla Forums ?

mine

You're an idiot.

Continued:
assume radius of the halves of the red curve which appear to be semicircles to be rtherefore len. of 1/2 of the curve = math.pi(r)consider the larger , blue curve which also appears to be a semicircle. radius that that is the diameter of the red semicircle, i.e. 2r.therefore length of the whole red curve is the combined length of the 2 semicircles = 2*math.pi(r)and length of the blue semicircle is math.pi(2*r), = 2*math.pi(r)hence len. of red curve = len. of blue curve = 2*math.pi(r)

Also, I hate all of you.

*radius of this curve is

Since the blue line is a semicircle, we can determine its length by taking half the circumference.

C = 2(pi)r
1/2 C = pi(r)

Therefore the length of the blue line is pi(r) units

The red line is shown to be 2 semicircles, so its length is the same as the circumference of one circle.

We can see from the drawing that each semicircle has a diameter that is the same as the radius of the blue semicircle. Therefore they each have a radius equal to half the radius of the blue circle. (= 1/2r)

The length of the red line is
C = 2pi(1/2)(r)
C = pi(r)

Therefore the distance of the red line is pi(r) units and thus the two distances are the same.

D = distance from beginning to end
Pi = Pi nigga

Red is a full circle with the diameter D/2
Circumference (distance) is Pi*Diameter, or Pi*D/2

Blue is a semi-circle with a Diameter of D
Half circumference (distance) is Pi*Diameter, or (Pi*D)/2

Both are thus equal: PiD/2

You two niggers made this shit way too complicated. This is why nobody likes math nerds. Give me your fucking lunch money you faggots.

Trick question. Both are the same.

The red line has two half-circle curves that amount to a full perfect circle.

The blue line is half a perfect circle, but if complete it would have a diameter twice as much as the theoretical red circle.

The perimeter of a perfect circle is its diameter multiplied by π. (3.14….)

Let assume the theoretical red circle is "1" diameter and the theoretical blue circle is "2" diameter.

1 x 3.14 = 3.14

2 x 3.14 = 6.28

We have two half-circles of the red line which amount to a whole circle.

But we only have enough of the blue line for half a circle.

6.28/2 = 3.14

Thus, the same.

This is 5th grade shit, m8.

I like info-collection threads. Did we pass your test or what, JIDF?

We never win anymore. We don't win at the border, we don't win with trade, we don't win the military, we don't win at math.

China kills us at math, big league.

Make America Numerate Again.

I use to draw dicks for answers on my math tests too. The teachers were so impressed they gave me "F"s for fantastic.

Got the right answer, congratulations, you passed.

Got the wrong answer

Is completely off.
You two failed.

Awesome work, you get an A+ (or a high distinction, depending on where you live)

You get an F for Fantastic

>>>/blzb/