What redeeming qualities does this site have at this point?

what redeeming qualities does this site have at this point?
i'm still here but it seems like it's more because i've been here. it's sort of the default because it's the second-largest imageboard in a language i speak.
if i'm being honest the site's downward trajectory followed hotwheels involvement pretty closely.
i know another meta thread doesn't really help but just why should i believe things will get better?

Other urls found in this thread:

quotev.com/quiz/7961644/Acer-Quiz/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dunno.
Some of the smaller chans have more freedom / less mods.
4chan has more users.
These are sad times

Honestly it's not just the rules, 4chan is awful because it's so repetitive. I started visiting again when this site got slower this spring. For all its' faults at least this site doesn't have the same cringe/ylyl/wtf threads every day with the exact.same.content.

The people whose first exposure to the internet was facebook are in their 20s now and all they do is repost shit.

This soooo fucking much. I started lurking around 4chum a few days ago when SHTF here. I posted one image early today. I left a few hours later after seeing reposted 4 times after I introduced it to the ecosystem. It was common just a few years ago but I hadn't seen it posted there the entire few days I lurked and I am fucking NEET.

Heh, is that it? It's pretty good.

I remember someone from early 2015 talking about how we can't be too standoffish because we need newfags to come and learn the ropes. I think it's a little late but maybe we can get some fresh summerfags that are young and impressionable and teach them how not to be halfchan.

IMO meta threads and board drama distract from content. Last friday I wrote up a greentext here (it took a while to write, it was like a 3-post story) and it got like 2 replies. I figured it was a shit story and the timing was bad. I bunkered at 4chan while people were meta-posting and someone else had posted my story inside an hour and got way more replies. First I was amazed that someone would bother with it then I was amazed by how low people's standards are at half.

"At least we're not 4chan"

Treating newfags like shit when they act all retarded is an important part of internet culture as a whole, in my opinion. I would like to continue that tradition. It seems to me to be one of our most effective defenses against the SJW/PC crowd which is a very real threat to online culture in it's entirety

Although it has proven ineffective in parting very much knowledge, and the chans have become a nearly overwhelming battlefield of shills and propaganda. I can't even imagine what it must be like to just be jumping in to this mess.

Maybe we need some sort of guide on how to not post like a complete potato. Something that teaches the basics of critical thinking, gimp photo editing, links to places like lunapic for the lazy, and a brief course on memetics.

Yeah that's not a bad idea. We could just spell everything out for kids and put it in a big pdf and put it on like a .onion site. Then make a meme out of how it's a secret while subtly directing any and all newfags towards it. That way we can be abrasive while being informative?

We could just fabricate a bunch of stupid shit so people feel like they're in on stuff. Like the m&ms requirement in the middle of Van Halen's technical requirements: we could have a long-ass explanation of what contexts memes shouldn't be remixed and in the middle make like Holla Forums specific candlejack type th

We have replaced pedo threads with trap threads.

are the people posting traps shills?

we have Kénnedi Cótarelo as the official princess of Holla Forums

I rawr Kénnedi Cótarelo, I would tickle her feet if it would mean she'll forgive me

No it is unironic now.

"Shills" doesn't seem like the right word here.

Exactly. I am going to start to compiling some information together. Off the top of my head the guide needs info on these topics.

1. Critical Thinking
2. Online Anonymity (tor/p2p/vpns)
3. Basics of Gimp
4. Web-M/MP4 conversion and compression
5. Links to websites that make photo edits and gifs easy for potato people
6. Shills
7. KEK Propaganda
8. ???????
9. Profit

Anyone want to contribute some topics they believe should be included or links to some information on the mentioned topics, please do. I am not an expert on any of these things.

REMINDER THAT CHANS ARE THE ONLY ALT FORM OF SOCIAL MEDIA THAT ISN'T COMPLETELY CUCKED
FOR THE CHILDREN

Tell me about Forced fag why does he force the meme?

Lotta loyalty for a hired autist!

we have me.

kennedy coldrello is agirl who posted on Holla Forums but doxed herself. a few months ago a bot posted a link on the 4 million get on Holla Forums which linked to a picture of kenedy.

i posted this picture.

the rest is forced meemery

quotev.com/quiz/7961644/Acer-Quiz/1

Just went back on 4chan for the first time in about a year holy shit what happened?

you shouldnt
thats called faith without evidence and its a bad faith
i personally know no good user boards anymore and im here with this sinking ship, also on finalchan and im open to another chan that has a similar setup as here and is ACTUALLY anonymous and has at least half the current users this chan has

alas ive found no such thing, so im here until we sink and then i become a sage

up

i don't have a ton of time to help but it might make sense to make a board for it.

this is where Holla Forums went wrong. Most of our discussion is about what's wrong with the place. If we spend that time discussing anything else and interacting with OC, OP wouldn't have been such a faggot.

wouldn't that be spoon feeding? if you want to be more proactive in turning newfags into proper anons, we should create more memes that hint at the desired Behavior. Like how we call people autistic if they go on too long about things nobody cares about.

Really though, the only thing that makesnewfags stay is the experience of truly Anonymous discussion, I know that's why I kept coming back when I was a newfag. I've been saying for months that all we have to do is have fun in our little shit hole and it will eventually grow enough to engulf more unfortunate souls.