Were white American males programmed by alternative rock to be depressed?

"Creep" by Radiohead:

"Bound for the Floor" by Local H

"I Hate Myself and I Want to Die" by Nirvana

"Bodies" by Smashing Pumpkins

"Self Esteem" by Offspring

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QX20CbMvF24
youtube.com/watch?v=ojAXUqL--mY
youtube.com/watch?v=JeJU9AHSpVw
youtube.com/watch?v=RZSgwQoTeiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0&list=PLGY3lF1Mx_KNlwq9Ou7YLwks60wP8MdNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But I am a creep and a weirdo, I never felt like I belonged and have always wondered what the hell I am here for, long before I ever heard Radiohead

Billy Corgan admitted all those bands were herded into a room and told what kind of music to make. Read the Talmud and Torah for fuck sake. Smells like white genocide.

Sauce on that?

Pasty teenage cumskins being mopey does not need to be artificially induced.

Here we are now, Trump will save us.

Spics are rapists, it's contagious
Build a huge wall, make them pay us

Despite all your rage,
You are still just a rat in a cage.
Someone will say what is lost
Can never be saved.

you won so much, you must be tired of winning

youtube.com/watch?v=QX20CbMvF24

Thanks, but I meant the Billy Corgan stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=ojAXUqL--mY

15:30 or so

Listen to Nip shit so you can't understand the lyrics.

compare to the upbeat hits of the 80s

youtube.com/watch?v=JeJU9AHSpVw

youtube.com/watch?v=RZSgwQoTeiQ

youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0&list=PLGY3lF1Mx_KNlwq9Ou7YLwks60wP8MdNg

I wanted to disprove you but couldn't.

Didn't listen to much alternative when I was young.

It all started with The Monkees, and their depressing shit, when they played at Woodstock.

does the music set the tone for society or does the music reflect society?

No, artistic types have always been prone to depressive type stuff. Look back through history, there were lots of really popular books about suicide etc.

The reasons band's write this type of music is that they feel sad in the first place.

If people are "programmed" to feel sad, then it's not bands doing the programming, they're just also being made to feel sad and are writing songs about it.

Music should reflect society. Though some music reflect the person.

Top fucking kek m8

I don't know,I listened to Pantera and shit like Slayer and Sepultura back then.

Bad music reflects society. It confirms what is there (kitsch) or glorifies it (entertainment). The vast majority of music fails to be art. That applies to most of Mozart and Bach, earlier Beethoven, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, the groups OP mentions.

Good music takes society, or reality as it is - and adds something to it, something "more and positive", whatever that means.

Great music does that too, but in such a way that it appeals across generations and ages, language barriers and cultural differences. Provided of course that you have an audience that is capable and willing to listen.

Embed is a piece by someone who wrote mostly trivial poppy drivel, but a terrific example of great music.

Because the less intelligent you are, the happier you get. That's why niggers never do depressing music.

Corgan is based

who has more fun, the intelligent emo waste of skin or the dumb black man dancing to negro rhythms with hot white sluts?

My fucking nigga

fucking faggot

noice

Neither he nor you managed to understand anything. At all. At all. At all.

Please explain what you are going on about. You can't just say "ur wrong lol" and expect people to believe you. The fact is, during this interview he attacks communism, spits on SJWs, promotes free speech etc…

How is that not based?

Back when I was in High School (latter half of the 80s) I was rebelling too. I thought I could change the world, that my parents and teachers were wrong.

A teacher came up to me and said look, you got the hair and the jeans going, the heart and the mind, but really, all you're doing is wearing a uniform, just like me in my tie and suit. I thought he was being extremely rude back then. That it was AC/DC, Metallica, Nirvana etc. against the establishment.

Nowadays it's all about blue pill vs. red pill, SJWs, freedom without accountability and in a way it's the same shit all over again. The same, media driven, shallow rubbish. Presenting things that should be obvious as miracles. It's a waste of time.

Back then my teacher told me: look you're very smart, and you've got the heart as well. Whatever you do in life, make sure you keep your options open. I didn't understand at all wtf he was talking about, but I sure do now.

You see, young people should always react against something. Older folks should always try to guide that reaction into a positive direction. As it is right now, that's impossible, simply because the voice of the retards has taken over. They scream louder and there's always more of them.

Get away from all that negativity and spam. Focus on the positive, work. Very hard.You'll discover a life that's worth being lived, I guarantee you (if that's worth anything at all in a place like this).

I'm not here to tell you that I'm right and you're wrong, or that I want to convince you. Just keep your options open, that's all.

That's actually the point Corgan was trying to make. Hell, I'm 31…

Dude, did you even watch the fucking video? The guy is literally covering the same shit you are talking about here.

No. Back in the 90's, there wasn't much popular music about being sad like there is now. There was a market for feelzy music, and alternative rock delivered.

only lolis make life worth living

Huge strawman. There was a NATURAL need for music and it was provided by a monopolized industry bent on mind control.

Name five, and you can't use the New Testament.

found the nigger

I miss the upbeat and positive vibe of the 80's.

me too

heil satan