Pre-TFA review

I'm not a big fan of RLM. I didn't like TFA and I hated RO. But I'm so confused why Holla Forums got so buttmangledly triggered just because Mike enjoyed TFA.

Mike, this isn't reddit.

because their claim to fame is a autistically nitpicking the prequels, spending more time complaining about them that the runtime of the entire prequel trilogy, that for them to just handwave away all the problems with TFA comes off as extremely hypocritical.

I liked Rogue One more than the Jew Awakens. Anyone who says otherwise is JewJew damage controlling that his new movie is an even bigger shameless ripoff than the one set like a day before the original.

In the Rogue One review Mike openly admitted he was wrong on many parts of The Force Afuckens, looking back on it, and says the main reason he enjoyed it was because he was so desperate to see a good Star Wars movie after the shitastic Prequels.

Everyone makes mistakes, user.

The problem with TFA review isn't that it was cuck tier but because it was shitty and he spent 3/4 talking about George Lucas and the prequels again.

Seriously could have just released a review talking about the Prequels again and the circumstances surrounding them and it would have been better. The actual TFA is just sucking its dick when his critique over the prequels copying scenes from the OT is basically the same shit TFA did being an almost shot for shot remake of ANH.

To be fair he does point this out in Rogue One. Mike's a lot more critical of TFA and I think it's because his Star Wars hype has died down.

He also really, really wants

BIG
BLACK
COCK

in his star wars movies

Their content had been decaying for a while, this was just the straw that broke the camels back. After it came the fucking pathetic shambles that was Space Cop, which removed any doubt that these people are complete trash unworthy of anyone's time.

because the cuck meme shit has gone too far.

look at james rolfe, he literally had a nigger monkey make out with HIS wife in HIS OWN MOVIE, but according to Holla Forums hes "uncucked" because he said he wouldn't review cisbusters.

being "cucked" or "uncucked" comes down to agreeing with the agenda of Holla Forums or not. its that simple.

I still watch RLM because I think they're funny, not because I actually respect their opinions on movies, but a lot of the hate can also come from Space Cop.
Have you seen it yet? It's shit. Like, really shit. Beyond the "so bad it's good" threshold and straight into the ultrabad zone. It's the kind of movie they'd skip on Wheel of the Worst.

The quality of their reviews has been going down for several years now. I realized trying to figure out exactly where it sucked what I originally liked about Plinkett and HitB. Mike and Jay were doing their own thing instead of being typical e-celebs. The two of them doing parodies of sitcom skits, then really getting into what made movies work or not. No 5 different levels of irony, only fanservice was going back to plinkett's SW reviews, and they gave what felt like genuine opinions instead of IGN-tier "it was okay, 9/10". Plus they constantly shook up what each episode's format would be. One show would be a latest release, another was them making some shitty indie film or hanging out at a con, next was taking a Best of the Worst kind of film and giving it proper analysis, or just some off the wall focus on non-current movies. You could say BotW started like HitB like quality, but it turned into the movie equivalent of a Let's Play highlights reel instead of reviewing movies.

I think the biggest issue is that the formats have become stale after half a fucking decade. We're used to the gimmicks, and they're sick of making them. This is when they started becoming super-aware of their audience and kept referencing stale memes like Boyhood. Add to that the incredibly shitty cameos like Palpatine, that multi-episode plot under water and in the mountains, them just reviewing recent movies only, and you've got a burnt out crew. One indicator of lowering quality could be how often Jack shows up as himself instead of Extra #5. Just go look at a list of every episode they've done and see how many stick out in your mind.

What really fucking killed it for everyone was the one-two punch of TFA and Space Cop. After seeing both Into Darkness and TFA, I cannot imagine how anyone could shit on ST:ID like they did and turn around with TFA's review. They did start going to shit around 2014, so that may be one reason why, but it's bullshit that they (rightfully) called out Abrams for one yet not the other despite being identical in how they fucked up. Space Cop was on the level of the Holiday Special it was so fucking cringeworthy. Some thought they were getting it together again with Answer The Call 2016 by making an honest-to-god review again, but that Plinkett TFA review was the last straw. Mike and Jay have roasted far better movies for less, yet they refuse to shit on TFA. You'll also notice how they really bitch about SW merch all the time, yet made several videos with them having a shit load of toys and other crap while making the same "ironic" top 10 and reaction videos. Even if it's to make fun of them, they're still getting the same ad revenue from putting out pandering shit even if it's a joke.

I guess those are my issues. They went from doing their own thing to becoming pandering e-celebs just like everyone else, while changing from a movie review show that kept changing it up to the same current movies only focus that everyone else does, with side shilling like being paid to review Stranger Things or whatever that show was called. Plus they've gotten really lazy and bitchy. To sum it all up, RLM became what they used to be lightyears above, Channel Awesome 2.0.

No, that was Ghostbusters 2016 that they were happy with RLM again, Truthseeker.

It was a genuinely bad film made by a company that used pandering to treat us like dumbfuck cash cows and didn't care how obvious it looked. For the real fans, who religiously read the EU books, there was the additional slap in the face of calling the EU null but then going in and taking bits of it to fuel their abomination. I know it's fun to meme like this, OP, but this is the kind of thing you shouldn't need explained to you. Which you clearly don't, as you know exactly why you made this thread. I wish freech would leave already. BO never ever.

Oh, and as for what specifically this has to do with RLM, how much fun is it really to watch something that tells you with a straight face how good something is that all common sense tells you is trash made only to market with no heart, soul, and loyalty to its source mateiral? Who finds it pleasurable to be lied to or to sit through a long-awaited review that doesn't actually do the job of reviewing everything that went wrong? A two hour review, the first half which wasn't even related to the movie, and the second half which didn't even go into what made the movie the clusterfuck it was. Come on now.

I hated TFA but liked Rogue One. I disagree with them, but still like most of the videos. RLM should be praised for how they dealt with cisbusters, but Holla Forums ignores that to push the hate. I had no interest in Space Cop, so maybe I missed something there.

who doesn't tho

Things that never happened for 100, Alex.

Holla Forums is always right, so you should agree.

It's too late Mike and Jay. Once you've accepted the check from the Mouse, you can never go back.

see

It doesn't matter how much good shit they put out. One bad video makes them irredeemable.

This. Look at this clip where they ripped into Mary Sue characters, and yet gave Ridley a pass.

He praised the acting of Rey in TFA when it was fucking awful due to the massive Mary Sue vibe which they've largely brushed off as no big deal.

And it doesn't matter as they've still have not backtracked on their review based on the previous standards.

See

Ftfy.

Everyone agrees the TFA review was bad.

Such as? All their recent videos are absolute shit, tipical leddit-tier level "analysis" and hipster "humor".

Your surprised people are mad?

On chans? hrh

It's almost like people have different opinions on things and you happen to agree with the opinions that are similar to your's.

He's still a cuck, but not as bad as most cucks go.

The only way to watch best of the worst is to watch them introduce the movies with the clips and then skip to the end while it's still mildly amusing. I can't fathom what the point of watching the 1+ hour of that shit is. I've tried before and I'd have an easier time sitting through the movie they're watching.

And yet they still refuse to collaborate with Doug.

I agree with OP: once you have an opinion on something, it can't ever change based upon subsequent actions. You must always like someone regardless of what they do, or else you are a hypocrite.

Come on it's twenty fucking fift-

Oh. Fuck. It's the year drumpf won.

Yeah, I don't really care if Mike gave a blowjob to (((the mouse))) or not, Spacecop made me genuinely start to hate these guys.

so you're saying you prefer the diversity awakens to rothschild one?

are you fucking retarded or something?

Rogue One might have been shit but it never felt as insulting as TFA. Neither of them comes even close to the OT or the prequels though.

rogue one certainly feels like it fits with the other six better than the fart awakens.

I thought rogue one was way fucking worse than the force awakens. Force awakens had some good elements but also some really shit elements. Rogue one was just all around shit. It looked bad, score was bad, story was bad, characters were bad. Nothing was good about it, and the way they portrayed vader was fucking infuriatingly bad.

The monkey and chick he made out with are paid actors. Rolfe's wife is not in the movie.

>>>Holla Forums

BECAUSE HIS WHOLE SCHTICK CAME FROM SHITTING ON BAD STAR WARS MOVIES AND TFA WAS A FUCKING DISGRACE AND HE DIDN'T SHIT ON IT THERE YOUR NOT CONFUSED ANYMORE

strawman