Mary Sue promotes site calling for boycott of comic artists who have been accused of stuff

archive.is/b7Fzt

archive.is/el9Od

Not even if its true or not. SJWs are such a cancer to this industry.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/JuPfG
phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Atheism+
phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Witch_of_the_Week
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SJWs seem to be acting up a lot more lately. There's the Cho thing, and the Hugos and now this.

Any special reason?

Fun Fact: One of the people on the list is dead.

Not only dead but been dead for over 12 years now.

So in other words, Mary Sue is trying to pull a publicity stunt to try and scrap some relevance.

Oh yeah. They're milking the Eddie Berganza controversy for all it's worth.

Though, to my knowledge, only Berganza seems to be an actual harasser, since DC has actually penalized him for his shit. The rest sound like hearsay and tall tales.

What did he do? Or, what is he accused of doing?

The message I'm getting is

What did he do?
What a monster.

The funny thing is that girls don't read comics to begin with so telling them to not read anything by anyone who wrote or said anything "triggering" eliminates everyone.
Girls then continue to not read comics.
Nothing changes.
Koriand'r gets spitroasted by Roy and Jason as they highfive off panel and the world keeps turning.

Let's look at the names they have so far:

Touched a guy's balls and bit his ear while drunk off his ass. He's long since apologized.

No joking, that guy is a straight up creeper. DC has unofficially banned him from ever attending conventions. How he keeps getting work is beyond me.

The author of the article linked as "proof" admits that he doesn't have enough facts to substantiate anything he's written, and chose to run the article anyway because he's biased against Edmondson.

According to The Mary Sue article the site links to, the person accusing him of "sexual harassment" made some really bad sexual jokes at a convention panel that feature her. I'm a little doubtful, both because they don't have corroboration of her story about his sexual innuendo and racist remarks, but that the accuser mentions that Lobdell was the "only straight person on the panel". Lobdell has apologized for offending the person in question.

He's been dead since 2004

Another Mary Sue article. The article is very biased against Upchurch, something that can be felt when he was arrested for domestic assault and they refused to publish his comment because he claimed he was struck first. The article used as reference is nothing but a fluff piece denigrating Upchurch, praising his wife, and offers no real information.

Another Mary Sue article used as evidence. If these people really wanted to be taken seriously, they should really use different sources. They literally say Brain Wood is an abuser because he made a pass at some girl almost a decade ago. That's it. The victim, of course, is some woman working in comics who has an axe to grind and is very, very feminist.

So there you have it. It's a bunch of bullshit with very little redeeming value and a serious lack of verifiable information. Except for Berganza. That guy's a genuine freak.

This is a really odd application of boycotting and public shaming.

When it happened to Chik-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby, it's because the owners of those companies were literally putting money down and affecting things in a provable way.

When you blacklist and attack people for "abuse" and "harassment" you aren't hindering their political influence by denying them money to give to certain lobbyist groups, you're just lashing out and trying to enact punishment for thought crimes.

If some comic author says something mean about a shitty feminist critic, like the writers at the Mary Sue, that doesn't mean that all the proceeds from their work goes towards oppressing women and making misogynistic laws. It doesn't mean that women all around the world are being harmed either.

So.. This shit is just bullying people over disagreement with an extremist ideologically-driven angry mob.

archive.is/JuPfG

According to different sources, Berganza has multiple incidents on his HR file, the major one being in 2012 when he apparently tried to fuck the wife of one his freelance artists. DC actually demoted him for that, so that probably happened.

SJWs are slowly getting desperate. They can smell their own deaths. Ones that aren't completely inept, anyway.
People like Kate Leth see that sales of their comics are in the gutter, their favorite websites change owners like hot potatoes or get folded into other ones, and that more and more people are slowly turning away from them. Everything ends sooner or later, no matter how good or bad it is.

Every time SJWs go after higher ups in Marvel or DC, they just hasten the inevitable. I bet that DC will slowly start purging SJWs from their ranks after whole mess they dragged out lately.

Cronyism, obviously. As much as I dislike corrupt old guard, I would take them over SJWs any day. You can reason with greedy fucks, but not ones motivated by ideology.

These people really don't believe in second chances, do they?

No, which is why you don't give them any

You know, certain unscrupulous people might consider taking this list down the local bricks 'n mortar and paying full price for all the comics they can find with work by these people.
Those shitlords.

Marvel probably going to bend over backward to them ain't they?

Oh god, it's that song.

Help me, I listened to it ten times

It's SJWs, so if it was a woman, yes. If it's a man, even if they are found innocent, they are still guilty.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see this backfire in there faces when anyone could accuse someone (regardless of gender) that they were harassed. This is going to bite them in the ass, when double standards gets used against them.

Example: I got harassed by ''insert tattooed hipster indie comics female artist/writer name goes here" at a comic con, you better add her to the "do not buy" list. Oh what, I have no proof, well do you have proof for the others on the list?

A man who has been deceased for over a decade is able to make it on to a "do not buy" list. For "harassment" without any actual proof.

Someone out there thought this was a good idea . . . A good idea to list a dead man . . . Gotta prevent dead people on live people harassment!

This individuals comics probably aren't even in circulation anymore, so why fear buying them? (Yes, I know he was a famous editor for DC for a long time so there would a large amount of his material that would make the list).

This is what I have been saying about companies that adopted these people.

They're riding this trend of insnaity to try to see if they'll rpofit from it, when it doesnt, they'll ditch them.

Aside from him being fucking dead, wouldn't this flag a very large portion of DC comics? Anybody who's serious about adhering to that shit list would have to swear off of particular trade collections where he's listed as the original editor.

Not really. Nobody's going to risk their neck to burn bridges because of unsubstantiated bullshit.

Here the original music video for that song. It's called lone digger.

remember a time when only if you were running for office, that you had to be super careful about what you say all your life otherwise some self religious asshole will dig it up to use against you?

Some user already pointed it to you, but I seriously recommend Caravan Palace. Pretty sweet stuff.

Sage for offtopic

This is a golden opportunity to take down the Mary Sue. Just have someone falsely accused sue the shit out of them. I'm sure piece of shit rag doesn't have millions of dollars worth of operating income.

This shit is ripe for a defamation of character lawsuit.

Caravan Palace's music ranges from good to really fucking good

Wish they'd focus more on making uptempo pieces like Long Digger and Dramaphone, because no one wants to listen to their slow moody stuff.

She's a trend following hipster, at best. A rotten poseur cunt at worst.

Who is this person and why was she fired?

She was the executive editor and CEO of Vertigo Comics, replacing Karen Berger when DC forced her out. That position was eliminated when they recently restructured the imprint because of poor sales

She's basically a scapegoat for the problems DC and Warner are causing. Now the everybody working for Vertigo will report directly to Dan Didio and Jim Lee, which means the imprint is going to die in the next couple years.

It's a dark time for comics.

So she didn't do anything wrong?

The closer an animal gets to death, the more desperate and violent it becomes.

Doesn't look like it. Vertigo has been circling the drain ever since Warner changed the creator contracts to benefit them. It was only a matter of time before DC downsized it and she just happened to be the one stuck holding the bag.

I think most of the controversy stems from the fact they fired her instead of moving her to a different position within the company, but that fits Warner's MO of purging anyone with any real publishing experience from the company.

Put a paper bag over her head and we should be good.

The late stages of Atheism+ had "More Will Be Named", a tumblr that published anonymously submitted accusations against various prominent people in the atheism/skepticism community. I remember Bill Nye was one of the people they accused.

Since then I've wondered if that was a significant factor in Atheism+ failing. But then SJWs in comics have had more success than they ever really had in atheism. It helped that almost every prominent person like Dawkins vocally rejected them, so the SJWs were forced into an escalating war trying to tear down all the prominent people in the community they were trying to take over.

The most cancerous of ideologies…

It triggers me so hard they call themselves survivors.

Fuck them, fuck them with hard sticks.

can someone explain to me what athiesm+ was all about? i've heard it here and there but never really understood what what makes it require its own designation apart from "atheism."

also

Atheism+ = Athiesm + feminism/pro-gayism/leftism/whatever

Well, let me explain, oh young brave man.

It was the middle and end of the first decade on the new millenium, the infamous 2007. It was a time when people like Jack Thompson was a thing and other big religious groups were big about censorship, also Fox News was shit, so youtube became a forum for many atheists that would be famous, and also the most historical ones were put in the spot light. Thunderf00t and others were becoming little celebrities for exposing creationists and retards. Soon, Atheism becomes populat.

Then feminists came.

Jesus, this body is so full of plastic.

Almost makes me want to send them a bunch of anonymous reports about Dan Didio, Geoff Johns, Cameron Stewart, and everyone else shitting up comics.

I wonder how they'd react to people claiming to be lesbians, and saying that Kate Leth kept putting the moves on them and fetishising their sexuality.

It basically tried to combine all issues that leftists care about into a single banner of tolerance they can rally again.

More like the first thing feminists managed to infiltrate into because it was something popular.

That was the beginning of SJWs and fedora tipping.

I feel like the whole Atheism+ thing was an attempt to further their general cause of societal reform by taking control of a public campaign against organized religion.

The atheist movement, for the most part, has spent their time fighting against religion. This would appeal to Marxist feminists as Marxism not only hates religion, but views it as a source of authority outside of the state, something that cannot be allowed. If they were going to institute their new, collective society, then the worship of god needs to be replaced by the worship of the party. Taking control of the atheist movement would've been a good start to accomplishing that.

Of course, they fucked it up completely and annihilated the atheist movement in the process.

Didn't the atheist movement resisted Atheism+ and told them to fuck off?

To be fair, the fedora meme is at least partially responsible for the death of Atheism. This video in particular delivered massive damage to them.

It's fine that they're atheist and all, but making fun of fundies and creationists is low hanging fruit. Let me know when they start taking the piss out of Tyson's twitter idiocy or Islam. Then that'll really start a shitstorm.

That societal reform crap is a bunch of bullshit. We all know SJWs are just another, more cancerous breed of hipster. They don't really give a fuck about anything they talk about, they just want to be part of the "cool" crowd.

Mike Tyson?

But Thunderf00t shits on Islam a lot. Besides, it was a time when creacionists deserved it.

no, Neil DeGrasse Tyson

dude's too chickenshit to call out other religions besides the occasional christianity

I hear Morgan Freeman got a job on a show philosophizing about God.

I wonder who would win in a fight between them

We just call him black science man. That we avoid confusion with other, better, Tysons

They got something against Julie Schwartz? Why? Dude was the guy who brought back GL and the Flash to the Silver Age and the Justice League. What did he do wrong? Oh wait, he's a man and all man must burn!

Lets buy a whole bunch of Julius Schwartz' comics just to piss them off!

So…buy most of DC's Silver Age stuff? Sure, why not? It has the best character ever, Jimmy Olsen.

He's dead so he's easy to paint as a bad man because he can't defend himself.

Lot of that has been happening lately.

I remember not long after he died, somebody (I want to say it was that Kelly Sue chick, but I'm not sure) started squawking about how he was apparently very handsy or something. Sites like Warren Ellis's blog and The Beat were spreading it like crazy.

It's funny that most of the people they're boycotting, they wouldn't buy from in the first place. Like these people would touch a silver age book or something by Scott Lobdell (especially after shitting blood about his Starfire).

Well they never liked this shit, they are just infiltrating things to destroy them from inside, this fucking cult of Afro-feminist supremacist are rabid maniacs that fight for a world free of manlets and other "undesirables"

Well they never liked this shit, they are just infiltrating things to destroy them from inside, this fucking cult of Afro-feminist supremacist are rabid maniacs that fight for a world free of manlets and other "undesirables"

Funny thing is that Wood is pretty much a beaten up spouse at this point, his own ilk keep shitting on him and he still holds onto his hardcore left leaning views.

This wiki has a summary of it:

phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Atheism+

Their "Witch of the Week" page is useful too, it covers a bunch of the people the SJWs went after around that time:

phawrongula.wikia.com/wiki/Witch_of_the_Week

lol

where did you get that nonsense?

It's like the retarded kid down the road you could convince to eat sand grew up and is on a constant serotonin drip.

Accounts from Eastern Europe and reading about the inner workings of puppet Communist parties just after World War II. Also, adding in China's control of religion in their own country where, in the example of Christianity, parishioners must apply to the state so the CCP can appoint their priests.

Just as sjws see everything as racist, sexist, homophobic, etc., everything must be political also. This applies to neutral parties, such as religion, and if that religion isn't under the control of the central party, then by their logic it's against the central party and must be eliminated.

True. Fortunately they went there, because it's also easily mockable.
It's why religion destroyed itself last decade.

The way Communist parties like that work doesn't really have anything to do with Marxism anymore, especially China. They're just flat out totalitarian and call anything they do 'Marxism'.

ADVANCED STUPIDITY

You sound exactly like a Tumblrina trying to claim that Stalin and Mao weren't "real" communists.

He's right though. China isn't really 'Marxist' any more and hasn't been for quite a while. There's a distinct difference between 'Marxism' and 'Communism'

You're right, but Marxism is still very much has getting rid of religion as part of the whole deal.

It's actually a lot more similar to those boycotts than you think- the people who are "boycotting" DON'T ACTUALLY USE THE PRODUCTS IN QUESTION.

I feel like Many Atheists stake their identity in crusades against religion (Just as now some E Celebs depend on crusades against SJWs) to give them a sense of identity. Or use "Science" as a be all spiritual crutch.

Not dissing science (Im on a computer), just its this sort of reverence in the same way that a priest reveres god.

/cgl/ you fat cranky bitches, take it to lolcow.farm.

I really think a lot of why they have obsessions with 'boycotts' and 'sit ins' is that they know that they were really effective in the 50s-70s but never thought about why.

The bus boycotts were so effective because the ridership of buses in the south was 60-90% black. This isn't a 2% drop do to hipsters that barely care but want to sound like they do.

And sit ins, or as people now think: blockading doors to malls and shouting something about the 1st Amendment(BLM, Stay woke, Dindu nufn), worked because if you let the guy pay for a sandwich he would leave.

I blame middleschool education

because trump will rule soon

That mean. The crypt keeper is far more fuckable than Brianna wu.

NOBODY CARES!!!!!!

Surprised to see Frank Cho isnt on that list, ComicsAlliance and all the SJWs in it hate the man with flaming passion.

If he would be on that list, then SJWs would have to give up The Totally Awesome Hulk and few Bendis' comics.

SJWs tend to start shit and then back off if they fell like they will lose that one to act like victims.

Honest trailors just had a cringe worthy "GG is scared of women in videogames joke" for wrekc it ralph.

Have that in webm, user.