Hey Holla Forums

Hey Holla Forums

I got access to the IBM cloud quantum computer, complete with 5 qbits.
However, I'm bored and don't know what to do. That's where you guys come in.

Just compose something with the image that I post, and I'll run whoever gets dubs, trips, etc. or 69.

Good luck Holla Forums. Let's see what Holla Forums can do.

Other urls found in this thread:

research.ibm.com/quantum/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_gate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

prove it's not just a screenshot from the demo

This.

do fizz-buzz

kennedi check em

make Shor algorithm

Will be doing that soon.

Here's the proof.

hack the cia

too bad I know nothing about quantum gates :/

make it divide by zero

Hello canada-hacker

Can you eat 50 apple pies at once?

I think this is the simplified version of Shor's Algorithm,

You just need to believe in yourself!!

No.

You figure that one out. Even I don't have a comprehensive understanding of quantum physics.

Use Shor's algorithm to break a twenty bit RSA key.

Give me the key and I might be able to do it for you.

Also, please actually compose something for me to put in. Even I don't know how to set that up.

I have no understanding of how a quantum computer works, but I know that they can brute-force almost instantly the encryption that pleb programmers like me use. So, make yourself some Bitcoins.

Heh I'm tempted to read up on quantum gates and see if I can figure out a TSP so we can determine empirically if the problem can be solved in the same time the solution can be verified.

I only have access to 5 qbits.

2^5 is 32 numbers that can be processed. I can't do anything. I'll need 3 more qbits to even process a 256 bit key. 2^8=256

Good idea user. Don't know what that means though…

Derp, number up to 32.

How do you have access to this program if you dont understand basic compsci concepts

Social engineering?

Because I'm taking my first comp sci course. They're just handing these things out. You just need to wait a day or two after signing up on the wait list.

It's a bit of this too.

research.ibm.com/quantum/

Just click sign up and fill it out.

Man, I always thought I was smart (high IQ, professional success in a technical field, etc) but I look at this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_gate and I feel like a retard.

Yep. Quantum physics and computing science combined just turn the world upside down.

But like, I work for software companies. And I have a bit of an ego, but realistically I'm generally the smartest person in the room. There's always 1 or 2 guys that are just autistic/Einstein level that blow me out of the water in the brains dept, but im okay with that. I have an Int of 16 or 17 and occasionally you run into guys that are 18 w/e.

I'm telling you, if quantum logic makes me feel like a retard. Who is programming this??

Quantum physicists that have gone into computing science. Simple. This is their bread and butter.

Even I'm terrible at CS. All I know is HTML and some javascript.

Basically, someone even more stupid than you got access to a quantum computer. Sorry for rubbing it in.

idc, I have nothing useful to do with a quantum computer. I mean the highlevel theory sure you have a data in superposition which means you can treat it like both so this trivializes operations that normally takes time (algorithms are time bound right)

But when you start getting into the math of it,,, my god.

On a side note, has anyone composed anything yet for me to try out? CS user?

I guess if you don't have to worry about all the complex parts of creating normal programs that work with I/O, data structures, OS, hardware devices, etc. you can just focus on the math.

nah gotta get back to my own work :)

Thanks for making me feel better :)