Buddhist Temple Service?

BUDDHIST TEMPLE THREAD

Has anybody ever been to a buddhist temple service? If so, what was it like? What went on, what was your experience?

Also, if there are any Kansas/Missouri dwellers who have been to the Rime buddhist center I'd love to hear about that.

Will bump with hot pics

anybody?

would love to hear

bump

No, I've never been. But don't fool yourself, OP, we're all too far gone for that shit

there are a thousand better ways to waste time

You never know! There are a lot of people here, I'm sure SOMEONE has visited a buddhist service

Eh, to each their own! I mostly am intrigued in their meditative practice and peacefulness.

But I've got to write a paper on it and I don't have time to go to one, all the buddhist temples around me only have service on sunday, so im kinda fucked.

you can do that at home

Of course I can, and I do. But these people have devoted their whole lives to these practices. It'd at the very least be a unique experience to view what they do.

I meant that we're too far gone to dedicate ourselves to Buddhism beyond what would essentially consist of contrived cultural appropriation.

Im not saying that you can't benefit from Buddhist philosophy; however, there's nothing to be gained from a temple that can't be gained from books.

Well it's for a paper. I need to write what its like at a buddhist service. I chose buddhism because it's captivating. I don't want to convert. I just want to examine. It's interesting to me.

if Buddha was so great, why couldn't he keep his weight below lardass-levels?

I think fat buddha is just a made up symbol

well duh. all gods are made up symbols

i mean outside of their religion my man>>5719585

Back to your hole, Caveman. Shoo shoo!

Also, buddha isn't a god, or seen as a god. Buddhism is an ATHEISTIC religion.

That's not Buddha, that's his fat-ass future incarnation Budai.

top kek white devil

wasn't he like supposed to reach nirvana and stop reincarnating?

he floated up to heaven but got lost along the way

Buddhist temples dont have service is in the sense a church or mosque… the monks do prayer at certain times…. you can ask them specifically for a fee to do prayers or give some advice or other services such as funeral or stuff….. i was married in china we went to have some lucky stuff done by the monk… other than that u just go whenever u feel lile and light some sticks… its not really a communal liturgical religon… never been outside asia… like i am sure the retards in California have done some weird shit with hybridization

If you really want to get into it you have to become a monk… which is not a big thing really as in alot of places you can do this for short time like a week or month… and then u just study and meditate and do chores…. usualy still have to pay for that tho

Get a load of this blue-pill!

mmmm

mmmm