Civilization thread

Holla Forums is particularly shitty today so let's see how this goes:

The rules are simple, dubs decide the fate of our fictional civilization. There can be up to 5 actions in a post, these can be almost anything like discoveries, exploration, etc.

However there must be coherence: discoveries must be based on technology that has been discovered previously (you can't build spaceships without having discovered aerodynamics, engineering, etc), exploration is limited by the technology available (for example, you can't explore the sea without having discovered boats), etc.

Example of a post:
Discovered how to make fire.
Explored until a river was found.
Hunted deers.
Built a village with deer leather huts near river.
Made a fire.

Population will remain stable unless you decide otherwise. However, there must be at least one food and sleep related action every 4 dubs or else they die of starvation/sleep deprivation and it's game over. Both need to be separate actions like "Hunted deer" and "Made fire" (notice how these actions are not exactly "Ate" and "Slept" but have the same effect since they imply getting food and relaxing). Stocking food/healing extends that limit once to 7 dubs, however each of these special actions are worth 2 actions. Since they imply food/sleep, no additional action is necessary before the extended 7 dubs limit.

If a post is invalid (because it's incoherent for example), then the next dub can ignore it. Otherwise he must build around it.

Let's see how far this goes.

The initial conditions are the following:
Our civilization is composed by 1000 individuals and they know absolutely nothing besides their vital functions like eating, reproducing, etc. They don't even know how to hunt so there's that. They're situated in the middle of nowhere, they're in a desert area but they're close to other biotope so with a little exploration they can reach other places more comfortable to live in. They're in good health but it would probably be good to figure out how to get food and sleep fast.

Explore North
Explore East
Explore West
Explore South
Masturbate

Do we get to pick a race or what?

Wew lad, it's "Explore until find X" otherwise it's bretty useless since nobody will tell you what's north or west or whatever. But hey, you're free to do that.

First dubs can pick a race. Afterwards you can only change through race mixing. If no one chooses a race then our Civ will be this group of abstract concepts called individuals.

Also, masturbate counts as a relaxing action :^)

Let's pick something interesting. I'm voting for Myceanea.

The race choice is an action. The first action to be precise.

Explore until you find forest
Gather berries
Have the tribe idiot test if they are edible
Also find a river
Gather stones to build tools later

So far I am the only person to give a shit about this thread. I'm guessing if you only let dubs count as actions this thread is as good as dead. Just sayin.

Ok then, let's correct the rules to fit Holla Forums's slow-as-fuck traffic.

ALL POSTS COUNT

The previous rules are now applied to every post containing the set of 5 actions (which means comments like these are not affected by the food/sleep rules).

Massive deadly plague.
Inbred hereditary ruling class.

Racepick: Myceanea
Explore until you find forest
Gather berries
Have the tribe idiot test if they are edible
Also find a river

Not actions, you can't control nature.

Ugh, maybe the thread is too complicated to actually work. It would work with dubs and a fast board I think…

Just think up a better system, civ threads have been done before. Your 5-actions-at-once rule sucks, the dubs rule has to wait until there are enough people, you make stuff overly complicated. Like, nigga, if something as simple as doesn't work of course everyone who sees this is like "wow, fuck that" because they know they will need, like, 3 tries until they finally give you 5 actions you actually do.

Learn how to fabricate axes.
Build axes.
Cut wood.
Learn how to build a log cabin.
Build village of log cabins next to river.

Yeah well this isn't a text adventure, I'm not gonna be a gamemaster or this thread will die as soon as I leave. I wanted a system independent of the OP.

Oh. Lel. Good luck with that.

Also, I'm kinda doing other stuff on the side so I wouldn't be able to follow the thread as gamemaster anyways…

someone should work on a better skyrim game with more races like in that picture.

Yeah

Dig and see what you find
Get some sticks
Develop notions of abstract representation
Draw dirty pictures in the dirt with sticks
Sleep

Eat edible berries
Reproduce
Masturbate
Discover how to make wooden dildoes
Make wooden dildoes

Dubs confirm wooden dildoes.

We don't need dubs

NO DUBS NECESSARY

There.

Ponder anatomy
Develop interest in medicine
Start investigating pain from wooden dildos
Develop technique for removing ass-splinters
Communal prostate-induced orgasm

I have this if anyone wants to take a more perv way

Engage in communal prostate-induced orgasm.
Eat berries.

Remove ass-splinters
Sleep

We have created a beautiful, prosperous civilization.

shit thread, fam

It's still better than the trap threads.