Dirk Gently

A nihilistic comedy, SciFi, and the futility of trying to escape your character.
I'm only in episode 3 and I love it

A carbon copy of inspirationless 80's cliches built with the TvTropes guide about how to make a good plot.

Why?

sage

Go watch Doctor Who, you lowest common denominator Hipster bullshit.

sage

(checked)
Never heard of this, OP. I might check it out.

I'll pick this up for alter. Anything with elijah wood turns out to be bretty gud tbh.

Faggot don't post at the same time as me.

W-What?

didn't fag landis write dirk gently? also stranger things is excellent you ultra cuck.

And you complain that Stranger Things isn't original enough?

You realise Douglas Adams wrote for Doctor Who in the 70's, and the idea for Dirk Gently grew out of an unused script he wrote for the show?

nuWho is objectivley better than old Who.

You didn't specify which Doctor Who.

Yeah. I just noticed that Max Landis wrote it.
I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't read it.

Yeah, oldWho is suicide inducing, nuWho is just bad. Although I thought the twelve doctor was decent.

I didn't knew, anyways the styles are almost opposite, from SciFi capeshit to cynical realization.

No, Stranger Things wasn't original, neither is enjoyable, is a 12yo copying everything he saw on TV as a kid.
DG may be an adaptation but the source material is pretty good and comes from the author mindset and this is just an adaptation.

remove millenials tbh

remove gen x and boomers tbqh

Heaven Sent was probably the best episode of the entire show.

I liked it when I was a kid, but if I'm honest, I have to admit that at least 60% of it was shit.

Illuminati tbh

Dirk Gently

Strange Things

Gee, that wasn't so hard.

Globalism lost in 2016, neo-nationalism is on its way, stop blaming the jew for everything, Somethings are just unfortunate consequences.

Query, if jews are responsible for almost every misfortune both on a massive and minor level, is it not prudent to assume that when something bad happens jews and by extension their minions and cohorts are behind it? Similarly, when an overwhelming majority force has a monopoly on a particular thing, is it not easier to say in passing conversation that the majority force is responsible? Yes it goes without saying that in order to be precise it is easier to investigate something under the guideline of innocent until proven guilty but because of the overwhelming and constant presence of jews being behind "unfortunate coincidences" it is in fact easier to assume that jews are behind it until proven otherwise.

More relevant, because of the existence of the jewish casting couch and the rampant pedophilia sex ring that exists in a overwhelmingly jewish controlled hollywood, it is in fact the fault of the jews in this scenario. Many of the child actors that elijah wood worked with and grew up with were groomed to be sex slaves and countless child stars that were never seen again led mysteriously miserable lives as if haunted by something. If you want people to stop blaming the jews for everything, perhaps the jews shouldn't be responsible for almost everything that's bad, to the point where it's easier to assume that the fault of something bad belongs to the jews.

That theory only works if the jews are in fact responsible for everything.
And even if they are, is not necessarily because they're jews, maybe is again a set of unfortunate coincidences.
I'm an individualist, I try to blame every problem to the people with the problem, the same way I give credit for every personal achievement.

First, you must understand I'm not looking for any kind of apologism, but only to apply the Occam's razor rather than jump into conclusions.
I.E; Let's say, Oscar's voting for best movie, the nominees are a master piece and a generic Holocaust movie, the holocaust movie wins the democratic vote from the all-jewish jury, you could say that the jewish members pushed the movie because of jewish ideals or you could look it like me and say that every jew member was personally biased in favor of the movie.
Now the vote was certainly biased, but there wasn't any intention on pushing the movie by them as a group or against democracy. The filmmaker just made a movie that he knew would appeal the majority of the jury.

jews don't run the award shows, they just finance the pictures. besides, everyone knows that schindler's list winning best picture was just apology: the award, like leo winning best actor.

also, hail caesar is underrated.

Thanks for making a thread OP, I was looking for one for awhile since I started watching the show a few weeks ago. I thought the ost was great and would love to hear a full version of the theme song if they release a soundtrack.

I won't spoil anything, but I will say the season wraps up nicely. It closes all the plot points fairly satisfyingly. I hope season 2 holds up whenever it comes out.

Uh, did you understand what I wrote? The list of bad things jews aren't responsible for or didn't in some way involve themselves in is exceedingly short. It would only be comical if it wasn't so tiresome to find out a jew was behind a very unfortunate incident. In fact that's how it started for a lot of people. They thought people were joking and the pure coincidence meme was just a meme. Then it became depressingly consistent. Now it's to the point where it's easier to assume a jew is behind a current happening until proven otherwise.

Ironic, the Occam's razor in this case is to assume that jews are responsible for just about everything because it's easier to assume jews are at fault until proven otherwise, due to how involved they are in seemingly endless amounts of nefarious acts.

I think the term or phrase you're looking for is not actually Occam's razor but benefit of the doubt. I've been there. I'm in many ways still an individualist. But the benefit of the doubt is a courtesy that when over-extended, wears you out and then you start looking for answers.

Shieet

Are you referring to jews as NWO in general or literal jews, because if its the lather it sounds like saying "All slave owners were racist sadistic bastards" when even anti slave media of the time like Uncle Tom's Cabin shows a wide range of personalities in slave owners, like "Racist but lawful", "Compassionate and caring" and "Manlet angry with the world".

I mean, in an individualistic thought, Jewish state precursors really fucked Germany and Hitler had more than one reason to start a war but that's no reason why that jew shoe store owner who was born and raised in Germany or his children should be deported to a ghetto.

It's going to be a hard decision but just by virtue of the fact that jews are the only group of people who are orchestrating disastrous things on a global scale and these problems in high concentration originate from them, it's very likely that the solution is going to require an unprecedented and quite literal genocide. Once enough people are aware of how many problems arise from just a very tiny but extremely coordinative group of people, everyone will want to see them gone, including the poor shoe owner. No one will want to take any chances.

Even aside from all of that, because of epigenetics and genetics based on behaviour, you can build an extremely convincing case that jewish behavior that leads to the conniving stereotype is rooted in their genes and not just cultural influences like religion and customs. Therefore, exterminating the seemingly innocuous shoe owner seems like a very viable option or at the very least compulsory sterilization. Regardless, these decisions will have to be made relatively soon when more and more people become aware of the jewish problem; NWO, pedophile casting agent, swindler, or all of the above. The shoe owner will in all likelihood be seen as collateral and the global community will not want to take any chances.

The bottom line is that dealing with jews supersedes the tenets of individualism because they themselves play the game quite differently so to speak. Besides any instinctual group mentality that is found in most races to varying extent(s), their own religion and customs require an us vs. them mentality. On the surface it's jews or gentiles. Behind closed doors its god's chosen vs. goyim. As much as "the right thing to do" would be to vet them all on an individual basis, isolate the problematic ones, keep a watch on all other ones that can't be thoroughly vetted and otherwise, possibly sterilize, and so on, extermination will be a very tempting albeit messy but very viable option. At the very least stripping the jews of their individual rights may in itself become globally enforced. All of those drastic measures will be on the table. Without repeating myself too much, this is going to take place soon and it will be quite unprecedented. It may very well be the first and last time that individualism will be put on hold for the sake of the world vs. jews.

End yourselfs.

Worse adaptation of Douglas Adams work hence down, even worse then "The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy"

I'm now on episode 5 and I think it is good as its own thing. One problem with it is that it's not a good Dirk Gently show, and closes the option for a good Dirk Gently adaptation for some time.
The other problem is that it is a good Utopia remake, and any remake of Utopia for the US market will be dismissed as a ripoff.

Did you see the 2010 version? It had it's issues, but it was okay. I thought they cast Dirk well.

I felt that the pilot/tv movie was very good, but the actual series was underwhelming, but still ok.

I didn't realise they ever followed up on the pilot. I thought it was a stand alone thing.

Just watched the first two episodes. Seems a pretty good show, though the character of Dirk barely resembles the one from the novels. Whereas book Dirk was a dour, grumpy slob who I always imagined being played by Dylan Moran, this version of the character feels more like a combination of Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka and Matt Smith's Doctor Who.

What did they meme by this?

This shit gets me so hard

Okay so hwo did the detective reach teh conclusion that the dog might be lydia?

The drunk mexican one and not dirk.
Like he's asking the dog to bark several times or do other actions to confirm his suspicious.
I don't remember anything in his and his partner's scenes that would clue them in on the dog being the girl.

finally someone saying Stranger Things sucks. I'm sick of this 80s throwback shit. Wow kids on bikes carrying flashlights. Fuck you.

I thought he made the connection somewhere, but I don't remember. I swear it made sense at the time.

I swear I thought that said "Dick Gently"

Oooh shit. Dirk Gently is out?

It didn't.

You are wasting your time debating someone who thinks every fucking jew on earth is part of a cabal while you have poor jews being used by rich jews all the time

Fuck, jews are barely held together as a group, you have legit groups of jews who deny israel and say it shouldn't exist

That's like a group of christians saying jesus was a faggot, or muslims burning a koran.

Either pay for it or torrent that shit you lazy nigger

You do realize a lot of countries could be saying the same about us and the murrican government right? you had rednecks with signs saying "kill them and take their oil" before the iraq war, what should an iraqi think then?

Why you keep using their fucking terminology? you could just say "normal people" or even westerners given that kebab isn't exactly friendly to us either

Sage because offtopic

the brits already made a superior TV version of Dirk Gently

jews are the greatest people on g-d's world, we have to thank jews every day for the current status of the western world, a world of tolerance and diversity.

Just having it read it myself, it seemed like a mildly tense at most but otherwise friendly exchange to me. Not everything is an argument or debate if it sounds serious. Including people from seemingly opposite sides on an issue.

The murrican government has been Israel's world police for decades. They act like a proxy strong-arm. In fact all of america's involvement in the middle east has been a proxy war for Israel. Why do you think one of the biggest and largest lobbying groups in the US is a lobby for Israel?
muh redneck meme

I highly doubt rednecks that are mostly concerned with their rural home communities gave a shit about iraq before they got false-flagged into a conflict. Besides the argument for taking the oil was that after the US (by proxy for Israel) purged Hussein and turned Iraq into a free-for-all with terrorist groups, taking the oil was a logical decision and that still wasn't done.

autism.jpg

Interesting, apparently this is the actor Douglas envisioned playing the character. So yeah, that's how far off the mark Max Landis' interpretation of the character is.

Will someone answer my goddamn question about this. It's a big ass plothole in the show for me.

More like keeping in style with the books…

Valid criticism. Definitely not important enough for me not to enjoy the show.

Watch his Youtube stuff and see if you still dont like him. I always assumed he was a faggy numale until I watched his Superhero and Wrestling videos and it completely changed my opinion on him.
Also I didnt know that he wrote the show until episode 7 or 8 or so and it didnt affect my enjoyment in the slightest.

Don't make me come to your place to revoke your goonies license!

Book Dirk was a totally different brand of Quirky. Like the difference between Matt Smith Doctor Who and Peter Capaldi Doctor Who.

Was there a deeper meaning behind this?

Okay. But why does Dirk have to be Willy Wonka?

Because a weird show has to have its titular character be some random and quirky to signify this shit is weird.

Bullshit.

max please stop posting your videos here.

CROSS COUNTER

How many fucking coincidences does it take you kike? We. Are. Not. Your. Cattle.

YOU ARGUE LIKE A KIKE for fucks sake.

This is the only thing I can say about jews. Someone else will step in and take the mantle of most hated group, and this group will also be exclusive, into usury, shady shit, nepotism and think themselves superior. It will be some big noses to fill will all the other subversive/pedo/fecal/mental shit though.

The Chinese are going to have to graf some Paki/Honduran/Floridian/Sub-Saharan combo together to outdo the kikes

You really aren't making your case here. You missed the step where the jews had an option TO FUCKING LEAVE before said deportation to the ghetto. Arrogance, stupidity or jewish superiority led them into those camps - since they COULD HAVE FUCKING LEFT.

Love how you defended slave owners, since your people were the fucking ringleaders of slaveships and slaveship accessories, but that seems to be "white-washed" from history.