So there's like 10 threads on how awful the new PPG is

So there's like 10 threads on how awful the new PPG is

how about a thread for the old PPG?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0566833/?ref_=tt_ov_wr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But if we talk about the old PP Girls no one gets to argue and complain.

Its a very worthwhile revisit as a show. As apposed to what some idiots say, its a show with very good design. Some humor you only get as an adult doesn't hurt either

I still hold up that Speed Demon is one of the most legitimately unnerving episodes of a cartoon ever made, and every time I watch it I'm always surprised at how darkly intense it was.

well that's not as shameless the carpet munching lesbians from cow and chicken but its trying

Christ. We need more of this.

That nigga Mascumax is gay as fuck.

Quotes from an episode:

Bellum:
Mayor:

It was from the Blossom Steeling the golf clubs episode.

Mojo Jojo: The precursor to /r9k/?

Mojo Jojo (literally) chimps out.

the writing for this show was so good

how is the new one failing so hard when they've literally got the show's creator as a writer?

But I thought it didn't, which is why it's so bad.

unless someone's been fucking with his IMDB, you can see all the episodes he's written for here imdb.com/name/nm0566833/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

He was so young and full of promise…

This looks like the kind of thing anons would dismiss as feminazi propaganda.

Speak for yourself, some of us still have the ability to take a fucking joke.

if it were handled like that other male strawman from nu-PPG, then yes. The difference is that in the old one, the villain was actually a villain and got beaten up because he was doing bad things. In the new version, the villain was nothing more than just the strawman, who got beaten up mainly because he was "sexist" and not because he was actually doing anything.

some stuff was so out in the open

They really cared didn't they?

Are you retarded? He's credited as creator, as in he created the girls, he's not actually involved in any meaningful way. Even if he wanted to be he's got a contract with Disney or something.

Nope, just speaking from what I've seen Holla Forums usually do at a scene like this.

Wasn't he gonna destroy a market/fair with a giant wooden robot?

Did she have a geriatric fetish or something?

That was actually Sedusa in that episode, not Bellum. It ends with the mayor going to visit Sedusa in prison after Bellum reveals to the mayor that Sedusa took her place.

(checked)
Damn, I forgot that. What episode was it?

dude, like i said, he's credited as writer. if it were just creator, i think that would count as producer or some shit

IMDb just counts "created by" as a writing job. He's said many times on Twitter he's not involved at all due to his contact with Disney TVA.

Honestly I think that the series will improve in the second season.

From a -5/10 to a 0/10. Give em 6 more years and they will finally master the basic artstyle! But about the writing….Thats something the show is born with or not.

Seriously. It must have took a bit of work to do the 3D animated scene back then, but what's really amazing is how they nailed the cereal commercial squash-and-stretch style.

PPG was really fucking good. Most of those old cartoons on CN were so good.

That seems familiar…

Anyway, not to rain on the girl's parade there, but them beating Mascumax was probably the least remarkable thing they did in that episode. Mascumax was powered by masculine opposition, so being girls gave them a huge advantage. Girls beating him in a fight is like you or I beating Superman in a kryptonite holding context, and I don't think anybody believes every average human is superior to Superman for not being susceptible to his one very specific super weakness. On the other hand, before that clip, they beat all the other heroes in direct head to head challenges, and that was what should have mattered way more as far as proving who's overall better than who.

In other words, they didn't count what really mattered and only changed their mind over what didn't actually prove as much.

That's what makes me sad about cartoons these days, they don't put in any kind of effort for their gags. Toons these days seem to think just throwing memes in the show counts as effort, and that's thoroughly depressing.

Was that Transformers Beast Wars?

That episode gave me a serious boner.
I still don't get it why those executive channel bastards won't let them swear and show half censored sex scenes, but they'll allow borderline seduction scenes, kissing, moaning, naked butts, punches, sex-crazed characters, etc. Etc.

Nope, that's Beast Machines.

I thought Beast Machines wasn't made yet when that episode came out… right?