Tell me Holla Forums, what would happen with comics industry if this thing would someway end up not shit...

Tell me Holla Forums, what would happen with comics industry if this thing would someway end up not shit? Would the big two offer to create comics based on the Russian characters? Could Russians pull off creating their own franchise and rivaling the westerners with the talent of their artists? Can we expect crossovers if this thing doesn't fail due to nepotism and neglect? Finally, will this thing turn profit like Batman vs Superman, or will it end up another waste of money?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/uAlY3
en.wikifur.com/wiki/Doug_Winger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm really hoping that it turns a huge profit, because that means we'll get more superhero movies that aren't from the big2.

As much as I like to see my childhood hero's on the big screen, Marvel/DC movies suffer from having such an expansive background. When you make a hero movie, you can either recreate an existing popular comic, do a new story, or put your own twist on an established thing. Doing an existing story is good because everyone knows that the story is good, but artistic vision suffers because you're confined to that story. You can break away by putting your own spin in it, but then everyone will shit on you for "ruining" the story. Coming up with a brand new story for characters that have been published weekly for 50 years is damn near impossible.

Fingers crossed.

This looks really good. I'm just praying they'll have costumes.

Previous films directed by the guy in charge of this film, Sarik Garnikovich Andreasyan, include American Heist and Mafia: Survival Game. That's right, he transformed a party game into a cyberpunk dystopia. It turned out less shit than that Battleship, though, so the guy definitely has some skill.

Though this is more of a Holla Forums than Holla Forums subject, unlike the possibility of a new capeshit franchise appearing on the market,

The possibility of a new Cape franchise that might not turn out to be Capeshit is an exciting prospect.

It has a huge dislike ratio, over half.

Surprisingly Russians are hating it more than westerners. The like/dislike ratio might be a casualty of vatnik vs liberal flame wars.

that bear dude looks awful

How so?

putin pls go

He looks like something out of the 90's.

The story better be great or it'll fail

TFW no bearheaded muscle russian husbando

oh jesus you really are a russian astroturfer aren't you

Russians are antifaggotry, faggot.

Too bad they're still subhuman ) =

you didn't say nyet.

Vatniks really love this film, btw. It's really funny because previously Russkie patriots were like "Well you burgers have [fictional character] as hero, and we have [historical person] as hero, because you don't have any real heroes!". Pic related, kinda.

No I think it's just a bara-loving furfag.
Russians usually stick to their own shills because that's cheaper, which makes them way more shit at understanding local slang and remaining legible, and they usually make tons of posts under different proxies, creating the image of massive support/opposition to published opinion/forum thread consensus.

If you say so slavboy.

But he's right.

archive.is/uAlY3

Russia's full of gays though, but their reaction to gay rights has been violent.

Whoops, I thought he was using faggotry in the figurative sense.

Why ask questions you already know the answer to? If it's not being released in the States, nobody will care until the director makes his Hollywood debut.

Just a normal day in Russia.

I hope Russia will build their own comics industry on this, and that it won't just be a copy of the American industry (monthly single-character titles that are all capes). If only because it will be another stick to beat the defenders of Britain's current pathetic "industry" with.
Ahh, who am I kidding. North Korea makes better comics than Britain. That's all the sticks I need.

Too much censorship and no market to speak of. It's virtually impossible to be a comic guy in Russia

You mean this isn't a Winger Guard movie?

You furries and your freudian slips I swear

Nah, just have the fat and greasy sausage fingers of a of a basement user.

Well let me illuminate your mistake.

en.wikifur.com/wiki/Doug_Winger

Doug Winger was a dude that became infamous for drawing hyper-endowed futa furries. He pretty much coined the term "hyper" in that context for the early internet.

Different person, but the head and body are too different. It's a totally bear head on a totally human body, with just a little transition in the neck and upper shoulders. Looks like a head transplant science experiment more than a werebear or whatever.

…If he is actually the result of a head transplant, then that's not as bad, at least there's an in-story reason to be so awkward looking. But even then, for sheer visual sake I still prefer a more even blending of features with my animal-human hybrid characters. So basically, just bear up the rest of him a little too, instead of being totally human from the shoulders down, as far as I can tell.

The guy actually has the ability to shapeshift into a bear. He can stop it halfway through and be a bear/human hybrid also with a minigun.

But Russia has it's own problems impeding creativity:

Judging by wikipedia articles he can selectively transform his bodyparts, so he can turn his bare arms into bear arms and so on. I don't know why he always changes the head though, must be intimidation tactics.

Don't was ever the same after the winter of 1991