Full metal jacket is the best movie

Full metal jacket is the best movie
ever made

I bet he didn't even skip the foreplay.

What did he mean by this?

Trump voters hypocrisy exposed

Reminder he named gamergate too

Uh, gooks are Koreans. I believe the word you're looking for is "dinks".

Honestly the gunplay is pretty meh compared to todays standards.

Isn't Baldwin the guy that impersonates Trump on SNL? Was he with Trump at all?

That's Alec Baldwin. I don't think he's on board the Trump train unlike Adam Baldwin. They aren't related by the way.

No it's
VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS

WE'RE YOU ABOUT TO CALL ME AN ASSHOLE!!!

They aren't? I assumed Adam was one of the Baldwin brothers.

Mediocre movie tbh fam

Mediocre post tbh fam

Mediocre response tbh fam

What was the movie about, my interpretation was that it was about the madness of war.
Dr. Strangelove is also really good and more of a comedy.

You really are one sad little faggot

hes right tho. it's not one good movie, it's three shorts with one common character

Second half is the best part, first half is for plebs who like to laugh at "lel fahnay insults XD le drill instructor says le bad words XD".

No, it's "Charlie". Nips are Japs, Gooks are zipperheads. Chinks are just that. Get your slants straight, retard.

It's just one of those movies where the first half is there only for the sake of getting retards ti watch the second half. Kubrick is genius.

Gook carried over from the Korean War into the Vietnam War.

"Charlie" means Commie, it has nothing to do with slants.

No, Adam Baldwin isn't related to the other Baldwins at all. He just happens to have the same last name.

Victor Charlie.

Viet Cong.

well fug.

The whole thing is referencing the duality of human nature ("that jungian thing") as much as possible. All of the references Gunnery makes, lefts/rights and lacing of boots. Joker feels guilty that he failed Pyle and beats him hardest.. The fact that Pyle almost makes it, yet snaps.

Baldwin's character is basically Pyle if he hadn't snapped.

Then, the dilemma of the unconcious archetypes and the ego, venegence and morality, in the encounter with the sniper.

Thus, Joker finally sees himself, and can be true to himself, in that encounter: the ending serves is to show that Joker has embraced the "difference", between himself and types like Animal and Pyle. Backdropped by hell, stating that he's unafraid.

I wouldn't say there's only "one common character." It sort of misses the point.

ooh boy here we go.

someone get this hothead out of here

>>>/film/

reddit spacing

it's not exactly a secret, even the posters reference it for fucks sake.
le le xdd

no one likes niggers, they naturally inferior and have small brains and smell bad, jews are shite too.

Asians are cool though.

God. Dammit.

Babby's first racism over here.

nip, jap = japanese
chink = chinese
gook = korean
slope = vietnamese
nobody fucking cares = thailand, taiwan, indonesia, malaysia, nepal, mongolia, the philipines, cambodia, laos, etc.

I know this stuff is really clear in the movie, but you did a good job of explaining it.

It's too mainstream for me

I don't know if you ever noticed this, but the way Joker slowly turns also obscures the peace button as he wastes the sniper.
There's more layers to it than JUST dualities, though, and you could probably write a huge essay on it. Full Metal Jacket is definitely up there with the best of Kubrick.

the heck I thought the Vietnamese where called gooks

"Right On!" Vietnam era phrase
Charlie is the alpha code for C and C was Cong!

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF YOU
HIPSTER FAGGOT

It was praised for it's realism upon release
especially the part where they fight in
the heavily industrialised part of Hue.