I only just realized than we're going to get a new Star Wars movie every Christmas for the rest of our lives...

I only just realized than we're going to get a new Star Wars movie every Christmas for the rest of our lives. I was planning on seeing The Force Awakens eventually, but I'm so sick of those Marvel movies, I'm worried that Star Wars will just become that. Was The Force Awakens Marvel tier, or was there anything more to it?

It was girl power nonsense designed to appeal to feminists and children.

it was actually worse than any Marvel movie I've ever seen.

wew

Look up the worst 100 movies list on IMBD.
Literally all the movies on that list manage to be better and more entertaining than TFA.

I think that may turn out to be exaggerated clickbait, I can't imagine them making many Star Wars movies that could appeal to normalfags

I miss when the CEO was a rat

I would have thought normies would have superhero fatigue by now, but they keep coming back.

Comic books still has a ton of IPs that could be made fresh and appealing to the mainstream. Does Star Wars have that?

It's all capeshit. You seen one of them then you seen them all.

This. Marvel movies are all the same movie.

Just saying there's probably not going to be an equivalent of Guardians of the Galaxy

Rogue One

Episode VIII

Han Solo Anthology

Episode IX

Boba Fett Anthology (rumored)

Buckle up, user. Disney is going to take the capeshit formula and ram it hard into SW's legacy.

All with CURRENT YEAR characters and tropes.

FA is shit. If you're a 400 pound feminist dyke you'd probably like it.

Comparing this to marvel movies is like comparing excrement to cream. Even the worst of the Marvel series - Thor 2 - is miles better than this.

For me, watching it was the sort of uncomfortable you feel when you have a smalll anal fissure, and you're stuck sitting on a hard seat for a few hours. Except anal fissures heal, but you're stuck with the memory of how bad TFA was.

Spare yourself, Disney has turned Star Wars into Marvel with a big helping of cultural Marxism. It tries to one-up and erase the two good movies whenever I can. I never thought "power creep" would be a problem outside of video games.

shiling this guy's Channel because I think he does good work.

It was far, far worse.

SNAPE KILLS YAN SOLO

She's still a fake feminist

Nobody expects anything from anime. It's garbage for children

It's wonderful, isn't it? A new Star Wars every year…

When I was a child, Star Wars was one of my favourite films. I would always daydream about flying X-Wings, and having light-saber duels against Darth Vader. I probably watched star wars about 100 throughout my childhood. I always wished that there were more films in the series, and after experiencing J.J. Abrams' "The Force Awakens," I have great hope for the future of the Star Wars franchise.

CORNELIUS MC ASSFART

That is rather rude.

CORNELIUS MC ASSFART

I hope you die, Cornelius.

As far as the camera work goes.. yes Oooh yes… doesn't feel anything at all like any of the lucasfilm movies

well it's a good they said non of that shit was canon with george's starwars then :^)

It could, but they it perfectly clear they don't won't to do that :^)

anime is godly compared to anything Disney's ever put out…

Me too "user" me too. :)

Don't you see? It's MODERN Lucasfilm! This is nothing like Disney doing a soft reboot of The Muppet after buying the rights.

You haven't missed much of anything. It's just dull. It doesn't even have any so-bad-it's-entertaining moments. None of the protagonists have strong enough characters to anchor the movie. It feels unfocused.

The only entertaining thing in it is a nameless mook beating the shit out of Finn, and even then it's mostly the fans that made that bit fun.

Is this about that movie where everyone dies but the robot and beard guy is the traitor and Darth Vader only has 6 minutes of screen time?