Fox Developing Comedic All Black Fantastic Four Reboot

I can't really reveal my source here, but I trust them because they were right about everything they told me before including the behind the scenes issues on the troubled production for the last Fantastic Four movie Fox did.

But I just want to say forces behind the scenes at Fox are considering yet another Fantastic Four remake. Despite the repeated failures to live up to expectations, they don't want to let the rights revert back to Marvel and have Disney get a hold of it and make it profitable for them, especially in the context of the X-Men movies doing so well for Fox. They still think there's money to be made with a possible Fantastic Four franchise and don't want to give up on making that happen.

However, they don't consider the previous films as successes obviously and changes versus what they have tried before are being discussed. One of two possible changes that my source leaked to me include the possibility of making the Fantastic Four more comedic instead of the grim serious tone of the last film. This is due to the surprise hit response to Deadpool that Fox brass were very pleased with. They want to replicate the success of Deadpool with another comedic super hero film, and Fantastic Four is being discussed to play that role. So if another Fantastic Four film is made, expect it to have a tone similar to Deadpool with the off the wall humor. I don't know how this works well with Fantastic Four, but it's what I was told.

Second, despite the last film bombing with it's mixed race cast, another idea being floated is to simply make the entire cast black. While the fans didn't really like making Johnny Storm black, the media did, and they also received positive feedback from the black members of test audiences for the black Johnny Storm character. Fox wants to reach out more to black audiences which they see as a potential money maker due to black audiences turning out in high numbers to black aimed films (think Madea, etc.).

While a black aimed tent pole super hero film may seem to be a huge risk, they are also taking another cue from Deadpool by planning a more low budget Fantastic Four movie. They want to cap off the production budget at $60-65 million to insure they make a decent profit this time. Comparably, the last remake had a budget of $120 million. So expect more moderate special effects, etc. in this one.

I know this is a bit hard to swallow, but like I said, this source is always right and has the connections to know what's going on behind the scenes at Fox. I really trust them.

M8, no one gives a shit.

Believe it or not, I don't care. I was also told about the fight over the direction of the Deadpool sequel between Ryan Reynolds and Tim Miller well before it ever made it online. Fox is pretty high on the idea of funny superhero movies right now. Which is why they chose Ryan Reynolds' version of Deadpool 2 over Miller's. It's also why they want to go more funny with a new Fantastic Four.

My dad works at Nintendo too

Okay, lets pretend you're telling the truth. What position are you in to alter their decisions?

Sounds to me like Fox is currently run by retards who don't understand the reason Deadpool was successful was because it was fairly faithful to the comic so it had a built in audience (comic fanboy losers) and then it gets even more viewers with word of mouth from the nerds.

If they wanted to make a successful Fantastic Four movie they would do a PG rated film that was full of fantastical scenes with an aesthetic similar to pic related.

None. Also my source isn't in the kind of position to sway discussions in a meaningful way.

I don't disagree with your assessment btw. Studio people are notoriously out of touch with audiences.

Also about the idea of a black cast, I forgot to mention this is also in part a response to Marvel getting a positive reaction for their rollout of the all back cast in Black Panther for the 2018 slate. They're hoping that will help pave the way for a black Fantastic Four to be successful as well. So part of the reason this is going forward is as a reaction to what Disney is doing. There is currently some heat between Disney and Fox, since X-Men has made a lot of money for Fox and Disney apparently isn't happy about that. Fox doesn't want Disney to get the entire market on black aimed super hero movies since the market research shows there is a real potential for making money there.

Idiots.

Do it. Double down on this shit. Keep pushing.

no shit sherlock, they're gonna make it in another ten years just before the rights are due to expire yet again just like they did this time and last time as well.

fuck all this shit, nuke hollywood.

Yeah as you can tell, the people who make decisions at movie studios tend to not be comic book fans and don't have a firm grasp on why certain things are successful and others aren't. It really is bewildering.

The people at DC seem to know what they're doing, but that's probably because Zack Snyder and Ben Affleck actually read comic books.

You're the "BvS is kino" poster aren't ya

WE SOME FINNA

oh, i also forgot to add

comic readers are the last people i want making mindless entertainment tbh. bunch of faggy nerds.

you need a bit of both. suits are good at getting money for production, and the guy who actually reads shit can make a good screenplay that works for a film and for faithfulness.

They are stupid. If they want to repeat Deadpool's success, they should just make an Uncanny X-Force adaptation, and replace Wolverine with "diverse" mutant, since Jackman is retiring from the role after Old Man Logan anyway.

Most respectful way to turn FF into a comedy, would be to parody and pay homage to old Science fiction films and serials from 1960s. Just use similar approach to one used in Venture Bros.

you should tell your source to make them latinx instead. thatll sell better

This. Why can't Fox cut a deal with Disney and make the Fantastic Four part of the MCU by setting their adventures in the 1960s there for fleshing out the MCU's past?

they already had captain america 1 and agent carter do that.

Yeah, but there is a lot of time that hasn't been covered. In Ant-Man, Hank Pym talked about going on secret missions against the Soviets with his wife. Also, since the Black Panther is a mantle passed down from generation to generation, it would be neat to explore T'Chaka's (TChalla's father) time as the Black Panther.

Who's to say that the Fantastic Four weren't around during the 60s having adventures of their own?

nobody gives a fuck about that shit though.

People who like the MCU do. It's like Star Wars prequels or the Hobbit trilogy.

not really, since agent carter got canned.

the prequels and hobbit are different as well, one was written prior to the more popular work, and the other was basically just fan service and "how this happened".

I think a series of period piece movies or a TV show featuring the Fantastic Four during the 60s with a sort of campy classic Star Trek feel and look to it would sell!

I actually think this is a good idea. When was the last time there was a mainstream comedy about a functional black family? I think it was The Cosby Show. Fantastic Four could actually give black children something to aspire to be other than, well, niggers.

But I think it's more likely that Fox will give Disney the movie rights to Fantastic Four in exchange for the TV rights to X-Men.

madea? barbershop? the cook out? those were fairly recent.

also, name me a black comedian out there (besides wayne brady) that can even do any family matters/cosby show type of shit.

Oh god…

But Marvel is already coproducing an X-men live-action show

If Marvel Studios got back FF (which Feige said may never happen), you know they would try to make a straight MCU reboot

The only thing comedic about it will be how hard it fails.

trouble is every single comic writer ever is shit and comic fans are also pretty autistic just based-off the fanfiction they write.

you mean mainstream comic writers are shit. people who do miniseries, one-shots or shit that actually ends are good writers. eg alan moore, brian wood.

which makes me wonder why i enjoy scott snyder's shorter shit, and yet hate his batman.

Why does Scott Snyder's Batman suck?

idk, i'm just not a fan of it. but i like american vampire and wytches a lot.

Alan Moore is the most overrated hack ever. Never had an original idea in his career.

true but v for vendetta and swamp thing are excellent. watchmen is neat but has become overrated imo.