Did the same stupid fucks who drew the art for gorillaz make the art for Tank Girl? What is tank girl even about...

Did the same stupid fucks who drew the art for gorillaz make the art for Tank Girl? What is tank girl even about? Damn do I HATE this art style.

Yes jamie hewlett did the art for both. I haven't read tank girl but wikepedia tell me that it's kind of surreal so it should matter. Care to elaborate the HATE part ?

Come to think of it, I also hate this arstyle.

yee, it fucking annoys me for some reason.

Apparently the comics are rare? Is that true?

I hate people who say yee infinitely more than that artstyle

I think I hate them for the same reason too

I like it. It has a Where's Wally kind of appeal, with all of the shit going on in every image.

yes this, i like when artists put lots of details in their pages feels confy

I use it ironically, just as the religious shitposter I am

The art fucking pisses me off. The art is gross, manly looking, no-sexiness whatso-ever, fucking retarded

that's no excuse, you make reddit and tumblr think they're welcome here

that art is "yee tbh fam" as a drawing

I actually really like the art style for the Gorillaz. I like that angular approach and the lanky limbs.

Given, there's no sex appeal, if that's what you are after.

That is the problem.

Hate to sound like one of those people, but does every drawing of a woman have to be potential fap material?
Anyhow, I think Noodle's cute.

I LIKE it don't ask why

I like Jamie's style. It is very different, and it's in a way that doesn't try to blend in with the other comics.But it could be just British Comic art styles in general. Not trying to sound facetious, but would you guys prefer the artstyle of Tank Girl to look like the animated sequence of the movie?

Tank Girl is one of their early works, used to feature in a lot of punk- and other underground music mags and Heavy Metal as well. Its just pure violent comedy mayhem in a Mad Max-like australian setting and not much else.

Like for example the story where the Tank girl, Jet girl and Sub girl go on a quest to free all the beer from the australian mafia who have confiscated all the other brands to sell their own shitty watered down beer.

Tank Girl herself is just a lunatic of a mercenary who kills people on a whim and only really cares about sex, violence and alcohol. Surprised to see it hasnt been infected with SJWs nowadays because back in the day a lot of edgy gothgirls really liked her.

YES

Why that girls ears growing out of her chin?

LEL

That sounds like my kinda shit.

Sex, drugs, and booze huh?

Bear in mind it has no plot and there is some, just some, feminist wankery.

What are you talking about? and pics related look good.

Besides, sexappeal is far too subjective. You even have people fapping to Teen Titans and characters from My Life as a Teenage Robot.

I want to burst her zit.

It has way more anti-establishment anarchist message than anything. Oppressed poor people and australian aboriginals are held down by the evil corporations and mafias and so on.

oh no….feminism……are you fucking kidding me?

Its only a small amount but it is there.

Very little. The 2nd wave Christina Sommers- kind of feminism.

Its like I dunno that 90s girl power actual feminism thing

I gotchya. Can anyone explain an example?

Wait, wasn't Tank Girl lampooning that at least half of the time?

Not totally in your face, eye-rolling, cringe worthy feminism of (((CURRENT YEAR))), but rather just the kind of original Powerpuff girls celebration of women being powerful WITHOUT having to be compared to men as a basis to show how strong they are (ie "I can do whatever a man can do!" bullshit).

Let me post you fucking cripple.

If it's any consolation, Jamie Hewlett (the artist) thinks the writing and art for Tank Girl is garbage, but then again, he's never satisfied with anything he makes.

Also his art style is great and you're wrong. Sexual appeal shouldn't factor into artistic merit you tasteless pig.

Post Hewletts.

I havent read it in a while but the "feminism" it had wasnt all that bad as the one were stuck with today like this user said Edgy goth/punk girls liked her since I guess there was an actual demographic back in the 90s

IDW is making a new Tank Girl series, that supposedly has a different spin on the character. I didn't read it, so I don't know what they did exactly.

Wasn't Tank Girl more of a punk and anarchist thing, rather than goth?

Yeah I wouldn't say she was ever goth.

That style makes me think of jeans

Every drawing of a woman is SOMEONE'S fap material.

Tank Girl is kinda like a 2000AD take on Mad Max, mixed with a Gorillaz music video.

This. It's pants-on-head retarded to just dismiss anything attractive as "fap material". Floor tiles are someone's fap material.

Sage for off topic

Tank Girl first appeared in, I think,Crisis, which was "2000AD"'s (well, their then-publisher, IPC, which is a huge conglomerate, but the 2000AD team controlled Crisis) contribution to a brief post-Watchmen surge in proto-SJW comics in Britain. Another Crisis story was about a black teen girl joining the British Army, because it has cute mascots, then invading a poor country because they "owe" the west Oil. Also some story about Northern Ireland where the English were in the wrong about absolutely everything.
Another comic in this mercifully short-lived genre was Revolver, which hosted one of many re-imaginings of strait-laced 1950's astronaut Dan Dare. In the Revolver version the British prime minister sold him out to the villain, he got anally raped, then became a suicide bomber. Naturally a lot of present-day British comic fans consider this the best version.
That said, Tank Girl was mostly just wacky and obscene stupidity that they couldn't quiiite get away with in 2000AD, at the time. It is also the only thing from that batch of right-on comics that had any longevity at all. Even SJW-infested comicdom hasn't yet produced reprints of the other Crisis stories, though I believe them to be creator-owned.
Tank Girl moved around a lot through the rest of the 90's and early 2000's. People came up to the team at cons to say how much they loved it's "crazy new take" on the film, which it was obviously based on. She eventually ended up in the Judge Dredd Megazine
And now IDW has her, with

We all know what that's going to mean. Tank Girl is kill. And she is kill by taking the direction her original editors would probably have preferred her to take, right at the beginning. Hopefully SJWdom follows Crisis into oblivion in short order, eh?

Sure, but you can like the style even if it doesn't get your dick hard.

Race mixing. Literally. Impregnated by a kangaroo.

Yea but edgy goth girls read and collected all things punk and anarchism anyway.

That's beastiality.

You also sound like a fucking retarded Holla Forumslack looking for an excuse to call something SJW propaganda

reminder that there are people attracted to looks-more-more-a-corpse-every-day murdoc
2D and noodle are cutely designed.

He looks more like a black man than a kangaroo. Anthro kangaroo mutants are a race in the series.

It's by no means propaganda, but I was rather disturbed that the punk look has been co-opted by 3rd wave feminists.

I know Jamie Hewlett is a good artist, but I can't jerk it to his characters.
Am I sick?

I wonder whatever happened to that guy

Anyone got the screencap?

he moved on to persian carpets

I don't even know where to begin reading this.

I recall he came again to half/v/, got a little butthurt because no one was taking his fetish seriously and then someone made a song for Holla Forums the musical

Torrent?

I think it's more likely he graduated to wallpaper.