What are some good sword and sorcery anime besides the really popular stuff like Lodoss War and Slayers? And please...

What are some good sword and sorcery anime besides the really popular stuff like Lodoss War and Slayers? And please, nothing about getting trapped in a video game.

>>>Holla Forums

>>>/a/

Make up your mind already

OP good anime does not exist.
t.patrician with good taste

Burger Simulator 2013

Queen's Blade, nigga.

scrapped princess

check the second chart for some recommendations.

I liked tower of druaga

Slayers sucks ass.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. It's a fairly realistic story about the development of a newbie adventuring party. You could read it as "trapped in a video game" since the characters are from our world, but they've completely lost their memories and it's never explained where they are and why.

KonoSuba is an RPG/isekai parody about a gamer otaku who goes to a cookie cutter fantasy world after dying, but you shouldn't dismiss it just because of that. At least not if you're interested in fantasy comedies.

Chaika the Coffin Princess is about a sorceress who carries around a coffin and goes around collecting body parts of her dead father, who was the ruler of an evil empire. She is accompanied by a former soldier, his sister and later a dragon.

Magic Knight Rayearth and Those Who Hunt Elves are 90s shows that seem to fit the bill, but I haven't seen them yet. And funnily enough they are also both about people being transported to fantasy worlds. The concept is older and more common than people tend to think. There's also an OVA series called Ruin Explorers that's pretty standard fantasy stuff.

Grimgar of Fantasy is pretty good because you can die at any moment and get your shit fucked, also relies on a party.

Konosuba is fun but nothing about RPG's or the world is hardly discussed. All they do is play around. Good show, bad game.

The rest are boring imo.

i'll be checking out Grimgar

Your face sucks ass.

It's not literally a video game world, but it's still clearly a parody of a classic (J)RPG setting and its mechanics.

stop watching cartoons you virgin, watch adult shows like game of thrones.

Its a funny show but there isnt much game elements imo.

Also you didnt mention

It has leveling, skill, class and quest systems and the world is very stereotypically RPG. If they pushed it any further it would have to be an actual game.

Danmachi and Overlord are good too.

Bastard is good.

I'll give that a try. It sounds right up my alley.

Name a single anime that isn't better written than Game of Thrones. They don't exist.

Berserk. How has not a single one of you recommended that?

It's where games like Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls draw their inspiration from. You have an anime series from the 90s, another anime from a couple years back that covers the Golden Age arc, and the dogshit CGI sequel to it.

The Slayers is all you need.

Oh and Ruin Explorers and Berzerk (didn't finish seeing it since I sub'd and didn't finish getting them). Lodoss War was meh.

Escaflowne… eh kinda fits but no magic and is mecha related.

He asked for anime. Berserk is something you should just read.

Calling Slayers "The Slayers" is really autistic.

Unless you like softcore and some garbage digital animation, I suggest you stay away.

Try Claymore, 90s Berserk, or Ninja Scroll.

Words worth

The animation in Queen's Blade is very good. "Digital animation" you mean color cels by computer, because that's standard practice by everyone in the entire industry for the past 15 years. Go back to ANN.

Why didn't you suggest Akira as well?

*Ninja Scroll

Akira wasn't that good tho.

Jojo its better then all other weebshit

back to reddit

t. normalfag

oopies! wrong board

Dragon half

sup /inth/

sup powerless rulecuck

KonoSuba is just okay, but isn't about the world or anything interesting. It's just a silly comedy/haremshit.
Chaika, memes aside, really dropped the ball. The actual male MC is an edgy teenager who acts like a fucking 50 year old Metal Gear character. It focuses less on the magic world and Chaika's position in it and too much on the MC harem.

DanMachi is fucking garbage haremshit with zero plot. You cannot defend it.
Overlord has a sort-of good theme for a MMO anime, but is also a huge missed opportunity and goes nowhere. Borderline harem.
Notice the trend with all these?

It's worth a watch, cheap CGI aside.

People with shit taste like harem anime?

Goes on the anime board.

No it doesn't. This is a permabanable thread on /a/. This is however a perfect thread for Holla Forums.

Bakugan

You haven't even seen it. You're just making assumptions. No doubt based on the name.

Even if it is, so what?

They trigger you?

My Omelette is best ED!

Is anime a medium?

"A form or system of communication, information, or entertainment." So yes.

Does LOTR count as sword and sorcery anime?

Whoops let me fix that

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>>/rec/2133

If you post the animated version I guess

You should probably ask the anime board.

All anime is fantasy

You can't even pronounce this word out loud without it sounding retarded. Goons can't into memes.

cuck-ee-may

It's actually cuck-ih-me as most people read it which is why it sounds so awkward.