Why does everyone hate Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes?

Why does everyone hate Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes?

Yeah, writers constantly missing the point of Irene Adler is annoying, and Jude Law's Watson was basically only there to bitch at Holmes every second he's on-screen, but other than that, it was fun schlock. At the very least it's a lot more self-aware of its stupidity than BBC's Sherlock with Bumbledick Cundersnatch.

A Game of Shadows was shit, though, except for them getting rid of Irene Adler and Moriarty being surprisingly accurate in portrayal.

Everyone sucks BBC Sherlock's dick and this released when that was getting popular, comparisons were made and people chose to hate the movie.

Isn't that basically what BBC's version of Watson does?

The first one was pretty good.
Guy Ritchie is pozzing the King Arthur now.

I liked them both as Victorian Brainy Action Manlet movies.

I like them.

The movie was released 1 year before BBC Sherlock, fam. If anything the movie brought back the Sherlock Holmes craze which made the TV show explode in the limelight.

As you can see from the other replies on the thread, most people enjoy it, because as you wrote,

That being said, there's no Holmes in the film, RDJ is just playing a time-traveling Tony Stark.

JLaw's Watson is probably one of the better screen portrayals, and I'd take the movie's Irene Adler with heavy romantic subtext (which plays well with Tony Stark) over the BBC one any day.

Moriarty and especially Moran were great in movie #2, I remember being entertained when I saw it in theaters, but I don't remember much else besides them.

*plays well with Tony Stark even though it's not supposed to

I like them quite a lot and have watched them both numerous times alone and with a friend who enjoys them as much as myself.

They also got me into reading and realizing how wonderful the world of /lit/ can be. I was surprised to find the books can be just as fun as the movies.

maybe because they were shit?

First was alright, but had some problems, second is a pure trash. Being better than BBC Sherlock is no excuse, a lot of things better than BBC Sherlock, Moffat may kinda work in Doctor Who, which always was a cheese Sci-fantasy, but for a series about the legend of detective genre, not likely. Anyway pic related is the best Sherlock, shame english dub is not good enough to convey original's acting.

Literally everyone likes it wtf are you on about

Watch the movies before making threads about it moron

It was better and one legitimately great movie

no u

Second one is great you no fun failures

I just could not get past that fucking voice for some reason. Makes me wish I wasn't born into a Russian-speaking family.

Holla Forums are you watching me through a camera or something, cause I just saw these movies for the first time yesterday (didn't watch them at the time due to the negative reception and limited time) and they are pretty fun.

Certainly better than the boring garbage tv series.

I was. Nice gut fatty

Apply yourself.

??Do you miss me Holla Forums?

why would anyone waste time watching you when they could be watching hot girls change instead?

spotted the homosexual

I like them.

Is he still alive?

Jesus, you have terrible taste.

if you can call it living

It's weird, I remember enjoying them at the time too.

Sherlock Holmes is generally garbage, we dont even have to talk about this flick or the homosexual crime against humanity that is the present series, pic related is patrician old school detective novels that arent decidedly ((()))

Cant speak for the show however, BBC made one its probably shit because BBC is shit

Father Brown is alright, but it ain't got shit on Poirot

So glad american noir killed this garbage off.

I don't hate it. I enjoyed it a lot, much to my surprise.

It's okay but you feel like you're watching a Robert Downey Jr movie instead of a Sherlock Holmes movie.

Autistic Holmes are best Holmes incarnation.

What would be the vidya equivalent of these movies? Every time I watch them I want to play an action game with a good mystery.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments was a preddy good game.

More puzzle and adventure than action, tho

Poirot preddy gud

I likes me some pulp shit if its done right but most of it is tryhard garbage, you can smell the larp/fantasizing

That's basically his role in the books.

Did you even read the stories, or do you just like regurgitating memes?

To be fair, after the Hiatus (when Hound of the Baskervilles came out) Holmes treated Watson more like a shitty errand boy than his partner in solving crime. Before the hiatus, Watson and Holmes was a dynamic duo yeah. The whole "Sherlock Holmes is a super cool sociopath meme XD" is cause of the stories after the hiatus.

I liked the first film a lot, didn't care much for the second one.

Well, I can understand why Holmes wouldn't trust anyone after the whole ordeal.

"He pushed to an extreme the axiom that the only safe plotter was he who plotted alone."

It was good entertainment. Sure it's not Sherlock Holmes but it's still fun to watch, story makes sense, actors don't want me to make me kill myself, action doesn't makes me want to vomit.

Journalists don't like it because Ritchie is hated for some reason "lesser minds" can't comprehend.
I assume it's Snatch depiction of jews…

rdj ulcerate me; that's my reason.

Yeah, that's why I'm torn on it, too

At least it finally got me in Sherlock Holmes for real, and not just for school

Having read some of the books, RDJ's Holmes is a lot closer to the original than most people give him credit for. Holmes is weird, certainly, but not the complete autistic shut-in that the BBC version portrays.

Closer than BBC Sherlock, but only by an inch.

imho most modern adaptions make Holmes too flagrantly antisocial and manic

Guy Ritchie is a cuck that was circumcised and pegged by Madonna.