What are some good horror movies? As long as they don't have jumpscares...

What are some good horror movies? As long as they don't have jumpscares. Jumpscares are a cheap and artificial way of shocking people.

the thing

The Thing has probably the best jump scare ever, though.

Pleasantville

The original film is also pretty much known for its one jump scare

which one?

Where the one guy's ribcage opens up like a mouth and tears another guy's arms off.
I don't remember any of the characters' names besides Macready

It follows.

The fly
Jacobs ladder
etc.

Fairly new stuff:
"It Follows" Kinda works, but fails in the end.
Say what you will, but the first "Final Destination" is pretty intense, without too many jump scares. But it's riding on the not knowing train, so now it's pretty pointless.
Sam Raimis new shit is all jump scares, but they have such an intense atmosphere that you get more horror out of the not jump scare parts.

Old shit:
Try "The Haunting" made in the 80's or 70's I think. Very nice mixture of creepy and fear of unknown.
Or any old scifi that is not action/comedy. They are all extremely scary in a surreal existentialist way. (we are never going to get away from here, and you know it in your hearth)

I agree. Although, I wouldn't consider it horror. It's just extremely depressing and scary, not in a horror movie way though.

The blood test

The Shining
The Evil Dead series Not that new one it's fucking trash
The Antichrist
Black Swan
28 Days later
Re-Animator
Videodrome
Hellraiser

V/H/S
Caché
Hausu
The Host (the Korean one, not that shitty memelenial burger garbage)

I keep getting this mixed up with [•REC] so I thought you were trolling. Gonna have to check it out now. I've heard it recommended a few times.

The spanish original actually isn't that bad. It's just the completely unnecessary burger remake which is shit.

aspect ratio

Sucks that the only good part of the movie is the "I like you" segement

Listen to vid related and tell me Sicario isn't a horror movie.

In the mouth of madness hardly had jump scaeds

Sicario is pro-wall propaganda.

It follows is hipster bullshit. It doesn't work because there is too much down time where nothing happens. It's Boyhood where a monster turns up to rape you occasionally.

Has shit taste.

The new Evil dead is a better horror movie than the 2nd and 3rd of the original trilogy which just become slap stick comedy.

Black Swan is only scary if you're scared of Jewish dykes.

V/H/S is very hit or miss but has something for every one. A few of the scenes stick with me after seeing it a few weeks ago. Would recommend this.

Cure (1997)
The Haunting (1963)
Frailty (2001)
Antichrist (2009)

Nigga how? Re-Animator is the campiest, goofiest flick that ever unironically LARPed as a horror film ever.