Religion kino thread. Post all religious kino in here

Religion kino thread. Post all religious kino in here.

Also discuss why religion is so rare these days in movies.

The Last Temptation of Christ is my favorite religious movie. It's well-acted, well-photographed, has a great score, and does a terrific job of conveying the stress and grandeur of one is who both man and God.

Because most reasonable people have stopped worshipping a dead kike on a stick.

scientists already proved god isnt real, religion is for idiots.

This is a very good film, in particular because of the ending. It was really clever.

I also really like Andrei Rublev, mostly for the acting quality and the cinematography. The latter aspect especially is so well done that it gives the film a unique feeling that I don't quite know how to describe. I've seen another user on here describe it as feeling 'alive,' which is probably the best way I can articulate it.

Calvary is also fantastic and one of the best films to come out in the past few years, I think. It's about a Christ figure, but it's quite subtle about it. Every aspect, whether it be soundtrack, acting, cinematography or whatever else is absolutely sublime. Interesting themes, too; the main message the director wanted to put across, iirc, is that the Catholic church is corrupt but priests are necessary to have around in order to give people moral guidance all the same.

Apart from these, The Seventh Seal is also good if you're looking for more of an 'internal struggle with faith' type of story. Beautifully shot with really good set design and writing, among other things.

I could probably think of more, but haven't had much time to watch many films recently. I've been wanting to watch The Gospel According to St. Matthew for a while, is that any good?

((They)) sure have

Forgot to mention pic related, which is probably my favourite 2D animated film.

I don't know if I'd call it outright rare, but it certainly doesn't feel as common as it would've been in the past. I don't know much about modern world cinema, so I don't know if it's a more common motif in films from the world outside of Europe and NA. Regardless, I'd attribute it to the fact that these two regions have unfortunately become more lapsed in recent years.

I say 'unfortunate' because I think societies become weak and decadent without some form of theistic religion to prop them up, regardless of whether or not the story behind the religion itself is true. With radical Islam currently being such a hot topic throughout the west, though, I feel as though most atheists/apatheists etc. here are becoming indifferent to Christianity rather than hostile to it, which is good and hopefully a trend that continues.

literal kike propaganda. there's zero archeological evidence that they were ever slaves in Egypt

Treat it as a fantasy film, then. It doesn't detract from the superb animation or the great soundtrack, in the same way that the 1938 Alexander Nevsky film portraying the Knights Teutonic as cartoonishly evil caricatures due to its status as a propaganda film doesn't detract from the rest of its qualities.

Didn't they find recently evidence that there were slaves, but not in the sense that movies try to sell it to you, but more as them being simple workers?
Almost like nowadays you get paid with money, they got paid with food and lodging.

there were slaves, sure, but not Jewish/Hebrew slaves

real life religion or religion in general?
i thought the necromongers from riddick were pretty cool

My understanding is that Egyptians were conscripted to build the pyramids. So they didn't have a choice about it, but it wasn't slavery.

this is what statists actually believe

smdh

Devil's Advocate was Keano

Eyes Wide Shut

after all, satanism is a religion too

What it is about?

Young cardinal gets elected as the next pope, turns out he's much more difficult to handle than the old powers in the Vatican were expecting. Mainly focused on the inside politics of the Catholic Church as well as a character study. Very European kino.

Shame, i trough that the plot will be about young pope that basically turned into 14/88 next hitler

That would be fun to watch

When will y'all stop mixing up occultism with satanism? If you want to imply the opposite of divine, profane and obscene were words made for that purpose.

Well, your wants might not be unanswered, actually… To not spoil anything, the young Pope is very ambitious. Medievally so.

Why does Keanu look like that fast food reviewing kid in the suit?

The new religion is socjus and hollywood does not dare criticize it, instead only embracing it and propagating it.

I thought it was rare because of the rise of New Atheism?

Socjus is atheist by default so it's almost redundant. That's why people point to Athiesm+ as the moment when the socjus clique made a move to co-opt athiesm.

necromongers were pretty dope though, COR is an underrated flick and gets shit on for absolutely no reason

witness me!
Though I heard COR gets shit on because it waters down the character of Riddick for a wider audience.

wait pagan larpers like Jews?

i never understood that, like sure it was a pg-13 movie as opposed to pitch black being r (iirc cor dc was r rated), but riddick didn't do anything crazy in pitch black. in fact, he doesn't do any crazy shit in any of the movies, he just kills guys and enjoys it.

In First World Western nations that's easy:
>The last thing the Kike shadow-lords want to do is broadcast their amoral, insidious, power-grabbing ideological tenants and history to the cattle

Is the seventh seal considered religion kino?

So pretty much what happened to Greek mythology then.

Whatever it is, it's overrated-kino

It's more like a play than an actual kinema. It's more of a deathkino than religiouskino, it's about a christian and a nihilist discussing the existence of God.

Christian is not the only religion though.

What did he mean by this?

Do not think your unholy trips have been overlooked, fiend

Calvary's really damn good, seconded. It even has CIA

Does this count?

JUST FUCK MY SOUL UP

Buttblasted progressives, what else?

How has no one mentioned this movie yet? It's the best religious film in years.

WATCH THE ORIGINAL YOU FUCKING GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT SON OF A BITCH PLEB JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

There's no pre-JUST Brendan though

Best one since passion of the Christ.

gratuitous bump for based Event Horizon

Why?

Why was the ship so VILE?

Have to agree with this, The Last Temptation of Christ is the best.

Runner-up: The Name of the Rose

NO!