It looks like the “Justice League” found it’s bad guy as “Game of Thrones” star Ciaran Hinds will play...

thewrap.com/game-thrones-star-ciaran-hinds-cast-justice-league-steppenwolf-exclusive/

Ciaran Hinds, the Ted Mcginley of film

i like ciaran hinds, but this is fucking pathetic.

Does anyone feel they should've held back the New Gods a bit? If I were doing a Justice League movie I'd start with either Braniac or Starro the Conqueror as the main villain.

I feel the same; launching right into the New Gods will make future movies with other villains a joke.

You can blame Bruce Timm.

Oh, he had a hand in writing the DC movies?

I wanna see fucking Starro the Conqueror on the big screen

Dammit, I would love to have seen a Vandal Savage portrayal. He would have been amazing if they did it right, have little clues here and there as a character that keeps getting referenced or alluded to in one fashion or another

Steppenwolf is a nobody just to hype up to Darkseid so they can catch up on the Thanos hype Marvel has been cashing in on.

You know whats sad dubs? That normies will think Darkseid is a Thanos ripoff when its the other way around.

Nobody would even be interested in dc anymore if it werent for paul dini.

Brainiac is a fucking Superman villain goddammit, and one of the few decent ones too, keep him out of the Justice League films.

he should've been the main villain in Man of Steel, not Zod

Why do you think they're putting Steppenwolf in, user? It's to showcase Darkseid before Marvel has a chance to showcase Thanos. Does anyone seriously think that Justice League won't end with the Justice League fighting motherfucking Darkseid instead a second-tier lackey? You put in the New Gods, you go the full nine yards.

I know I just think its too early for it. Once you do Darkseid as the ultimate villain there's really nowhere to go after that.

I can agree to an extent. If I were doing the superman trilogy it would be Parasite or Metallo as the first villain, Zod as the second and Braniac as the 3rd and have Lex Luthor be this overarching villain manipulating things.

Sure there is. Krona, Imperiex, Anti-Monitor…you just can't use low-tier losers like Despero.

Damn why didn't I think of that. Hell Infinite Crisis would interesting on screen.

Shit I meant Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Now I just realized they should do a movie based on the Lantern Wars with all the emotional spectrum and the Justice League.

I want more Rome. Goddamn that show was pimp.

Known for game of thrones even though he barely even played a role? Fucking hell, its not like he was an obscure actor before

he was awful on Got

Not his fault. The role was drastically reduced.

For what? For doing the same material much much better ten years ago?

Does he ride a magic carpet?

yes. your mom's magic carpet, to be precise

What's his MO? He looks kind of stupid or is he a lovecraftian like being?

He's a giant starfish from space, of course he looks stupid. He's a silver age villain. IIRC, he releases little starfish that latch on to people's heads and make them Starro's minions.

He popularized the idea of New Gods villains being inseparable from JL storylines because he had a hard-on for Jack Kirby in a way that made Jack Kirby fans uncomfortable. He also went out of his way to cringely parallel Kirby writings without realizing the basis of them. For instance, Jack Kirby is jewish and so a ton of the material he used was directly based off of the Old Testament. Timm in his infinite creativity decided to use moments from the New Testament because he thought it was deep to pay homage by using the New as an old meets new thing. I kid you not, Timm believes he's that deep and it doesn't help that DCAU fans think he's the greatest thing ever.

As much as I hate to admit it, yes. But the problem therein lies in hacks adapting Timm's already shoddy ideas and thus for better or worse DCAU is the blueprint for adapting DC works. Fans reap what they sow and the things they celebrate the most will get adapted in shitty ways and things that already were terrible will come out even worse.

Wow I know he tried to tie in the New Gods with Superman but I didn't know he went that far. Is Paul Dini just as bad or is he sensible?

When the fuck did he do that? Are you retarded or something?

I dunno, I think Zod is the proper step for a first Superman movie, if anything Brainiac should have been the bad guy for the second film, have him be recovered from some of that Krypton tech and have that shitty Lex get played like a chump with.

Actually, maybe it would have been better if they had Eisenberg or whoever Professor Ivo and instead of Doomsday have him make AMAZO.
Regardless, Brainiac or The Android would be pretty good to see on the screen at some point. But odds are they'll ruin them entirely.

I think you might seriously be confusing Bruce Timm with Grant Morrison or some shit

Eh I would've gone with someone like Metallo or Parasite for a villain in a first superman movie. Zod would be a mid level one in the 2nd and Braniac the big bad in the 3rd.

Watch the episode commentaries. Anytime they did an episode with New Gods Timm was always "muh kirby." The episode where Darkseid makes his invasion into Metropolis and captures Superman in the desert, Timm specifically said that he wrote that episode that way as a parallel to Jesus being tempted by Satan because "muh kirby" always uses Old Testament and since they're goyim they'll use the New Testament.

If you think I'm joking I'm not. This is the same series commentaries where Timm unironically calls Lobo's character a misogynist.