ITT: Post shit films that only got popular because of casuals with shit taste

ITT: Post shit films that only got popular because of casuals with shit taste.

Simply epic bait, friend

You'll get a handful to reply to it too

I'm open minded, so what's your justification for this statebaitment?

What did she mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Not quite as bad as the others, but it's essentially just a long, boring film where hardly anything of substance happens.

Vertigo was popular?
Nowadays almost everybody who knows of the movie only knows of it because of the camera trick it invented.

Hardly anything of substance happens?
The whole plot is centered around three men seeking out buried treasure, so depending on your definition of "substance" it would be impossible to write a story where things of substance happen when the overarching plot is men seeking out treasure. Care to elaborate? Could you name a movie where something of substance does happen?

Probably one of the most kino films as of recent, this is a film that has substance.

Nolan fuck off

It's almost never brought up when Carpenter's filmography is mentioned. Mostly because it's probably his most forgettable film.

Since the Thing was a masterfully put together film. And In the Mouth of Madness was great because of Sam Neil and all of the Lovecraft influences. Whereas Prince of Darkness was just wedged in the middle and was told like an R.L Stein story.

Its not his most memorable but I still like it. Mostly for the ending scene and how real it felt.

Under the Red Hood is a legit candidate for OP's request. There are several problems with it, the first being who cares about Robin? Well, Batman does, obviously, but the viewer doesn't.

It's pretty obvious from the beginning, who the Red Hood is, and the only really interesting figure, the Black Mask doesn't get any explanation or backstory at all.

Also, now that I think of it, nearly all the Batman-stories from recent has Ra's Al Ghul as some sort of main starting point or an important part of the plot. Why?

Dubs confirmed. Regarding Ra's my theory is Batman Begins reinvigorated interest in him so people keep using him now. Kinda like Deathstroke.

Didn't think the movie was that bad though. I was just posting whatever posters I had in my image file.

its alright but its not as deep or philosophical as people make it out to be.

I'll bite. What camera trick.

OP actually has a nice point about Vertigo which is indeed overrated to high heaven. Not even the best Hitchcock movie.

Miss Congeniality is competely forgotten as of now.

citizen cane is popular because it invented a lot of the cinematography teqnuiqes used today.

Hey retards, you do realize you have to explain why right?

Nigga, I thought the same the first time I watched Vertigo, but visually it's really grown on me. The first two-thirds are sublime.

Isn't this just the same guy who said he's dumping random posters? Doesn't matter anyways, this thread is bait anyway.

I disagree. but i can see where you're coming from.

I just fucking hate when there's a X things that are Y and people give examples without explaining why.

ahahahaha

What are you talking about?

What did he mean by this?

>the audience is growing impatient
>a young white woman and a small contingent of white men are seated in the middle of the auditorium, surrounded on all sides by black bucks
>they fearfully look on as the crowd becomes increasingly erratic
>"EYYO WHERE THE WHITE BOY AT DOO?"
>a small group of basketball americans are seen beating bongo drums and blowing vuvuzelas in the back
>"IMMA TEAR THIS MOFUCKA DOWN IN ONE MINUTE IF-"
>suddenly the curtains part
>the crowd immediately goes silent
>louis ck steps out wearing nothing but a bathrobe
>they look on in anticipation, mouths agape
>louis ck steps up to the microphone but does not utter a single word
>the crowd starts shifting uncomfortably in their seats
>the white men futilely look behind them to the exit
>shaquille o'neal steps in their line of site and blocks the doorway
>louis silently pans over the crowd and begins licking his lips
>the silence becomes unbearable
>an erection emerges from louis' bathrobe
>a black baby is heard crying in the distance
>the audience starts twitching, unable to cope
>louis ck leans in to the microphone, lips touching the surface
>barely parts his lips to compose a whisper
>"big black cocks"
>the crowd erupts into hoots and hollers and begins stomping their feet in unison
>the white woman is already hogtied and having her earlobes stretched
>the screams of chimpanzees are drowned out by loud rap music
>BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY ROCKIN ERRWHERE
>circuis performers ride their stolen bikes on stage
>the entire concession stand has been looted
>the white men are crucified as the crowd cheeers
>the ghost of martin luther king jr is seen up in the rafters
>a single phantasmal tear rolls down his cheek

I was really disappointed in this.
"muh love conquers all" is so cliche.
At least it had the cool exoplanet stuff and realistic black hole/light special effects, I guess.

Look at this fuckin eggplant

when I turned 15, my dad sat me down one friday evening and said "Son, it's time for you to see the two greatest movies ever made". then he showed me those.

they had some good moments, but those were jammed between hours of pointless crap. it was so boring I almost ran away from home around when they were visiting the old guy in the hospital

gay twink detected

Dude, it's basically 2001 for the Titanic crowd.

what does any of what I said have to do with gayness?

the joke here is you're not a real man

shit, I should have realized from your first post that you weren't that bright. mea culpa

STAR WARS

Hey I liked that movie.

Really good indication of how green screen can actually be used effectively to make a map painting-esque world.

Prince of Darkness might be one of his bests and scariest movies. Just for the strangeness aloneā€¦

Are you kidding me? The hospital-scene where Brando is at the hospital and Michael for real gets involved into the mafia which he had tried to stay away from, only to save his father from those attackers+corrupted police?

Dude, you don't even have a dick.

Yes it was me dumping the posters from my image files for the hell of it. I just wanted to see your guys reaction.

Though I guess I could analyze some of the posters I picked.

Only good thing about it was Gerard Butler. The plot isn't much but then again so is the source material its based off of.

It has space nazis. It tries to make some political statements about nuclear armament though it doesn't do it well. It's not as smart as it thinks it is.

I liked Sky Captain too. I was just posting for the hell of it.

Thanks for the thread OP
This is exactly what i'm looking for

My niggas! Sky Captain is the GOAT of underrated movies.

I meant that Deathstroke has become popular again because DC is pushing him in other media.

this tbh. Iron Sky single-handedly turned me into a Finland hater

I don't think Iron Sky ever intended to be smart.

Or maybe they are. Really hard to tell these days.

Perhaps not but they did throw in the nuclear armament commentary in there and the anti-Ameican stuff. Normally I wouldn't mind but it wasn't executed that well and felt tacked on rather than interwoven to the plot. The only good thing I can say is the space nazi's were cool. That and the scene where the black guy gets turned into a white guy is funny.

It's the only fucking movie where I want the mexicans to win user, don't try and start shit. The others I will give you though, especially Drive.