Hosts are programmed to be unable to hurt living things

J.J. Abrams is a fucking hack

Best scene so far

The farther out you go the more 'real' shit is supposed to get. Unlikely he was actually in real danger.

Are you even paying attention?

Yeah. So stop watching.

Hugh Jackman is in Westworld?

It sounds like you don't understand the definition of the word hurt, which is symbolised in earlier episodes by the hosts' inability to swat a fly.

I haven't seen the show, but the whole point of the book and movie that its based on, is that something is fucked up and the hosts begin killing the guests. I don't really see the problem here.
However, I do agree, Abrams is a hack

You have some mental problem?

The parameters in place to stop guests accidentally stabbing or beating each other to death seem kind of sketchy to me. We've seen that if there's a host in range it will move in to stop the attack, but that doesn't seem like it would be 100% failproof. What happens when two guests who take the roleplaying aspect very seriously, meet out in the desert and get into a fight, each assuming the other is not human?

Swatting a fly kills a living thing. Wrestling with a guy on the ground doesn't kill him.

What's stupid is that the host wasn't trying to subdue the human so he could be hogtied and taken to whatever (we see earlier when a human is "beaten" they get taken to jail overnight and then get a chance to break out from some helpful host).

That's been bugging the whole time too, man. I'm sure sooner or later the park would get some sick fuck purposely hunting guests and garroting them.

Would you fall in love with a host? What would you do if you did? Would you break it out of the park and go on the run? Get married?

It be stupid if the corp didn't have an option to buy a copy of the host to take home.

The hosts only hurt you to a point. They don't kill people or cause them any real harm. Just enough to get your blood pumping and give you an adrenaline kick. You could also argue they are getting more and more violent as they get nearer to the full blown murder they commit in the film.

I don't think the corp wants the droids getting outside of the park, otherwise they can be reverse engineered. Remember the laser uplink found in the big guy hosts arm?

So what exactly are you saying? The hosts are allowed to hurt guests, but not kill them? So why can't they shoot them, provided they only take non-lethal shots? Does that mean a guest can have the shit beaten out of them and spend the next month in hospital? Can they be maimed or paralysed, provided they aren't killed?

You might argue that they can only hurt the guests to a certain extent, but we see them beat Logan pretty brutally and in my screencap he's nearly choked unconscious. The hosts are robots so they may have the sensors and programming necessary to judge their use of force more accurately than a human could, but they're still putting the guests at risk of permanent injury or death when they punch them in the head or choke them.

It just betrays the problem of the writers that it's difficult to create a sense there's something at stake when a lot of the characters are invulnerable. The bad guests are undefeatable by the good hosts and guests the good guests can win against the bad hosts without any effort.

I wish they focused more on the things that actually affect the guests, like losing the hosts they care about and ruining important relationships through their behaviour in the park. We saw a bit of that last episode through William's protection of Delores and his fights with Logan but too much of the episode focused on threats William and Logan either took seriously despite being unable to be hurt or that hurt them in spite of this. Being jailed and losing time to achieve what they went there for should be the threat, as happened with one of the other guests, not fake violence.

If both know the other is human, then the fighters are to blame. Not the park.

If neither realises the other is human, presumably the control room is alerted to the fight by remote health monitoring and can see what's happening through the cameras and communicate with the guests through a PA system (perhaps in the camera itself).

You just broke my illusion about the show.
I miss the movie. :'(

No wonder they're hemorrhaging money.

Finally somebody gets it!

Stop this meme, there is no book, except the film novel, which is just the script with fucking pictures.

Movie is the only source material.