Overall looks better than the film but Olaf looks gay

Overall looks better than the film but Olaf looks gay

They seriously should've just re-cast Jim Carey. No one could top him; he is Olaf come to life.

is Olaf a pedo?

I think the word you are looking for here is "worse".

not that the film was good either

Are the books even any good? I feel like it was some kind of meme that tried to catch on, and sold well, but always stayed low-key.

I hardly remember the movie, should probably rewatch it.

If you like whimsical, absurdist fairytale like literature like Alice in Wonderland, then yeah.

Good as far as kids books go. Nice writing style, and a little dark/weird to boot.

reminder that the Baudelaires are Jewish

Well thats because they got Neil Patrick Harris to play him.

I agree
With the olaf looking gay part.
Why would they cast a basketball-shaped headed person to play him?
Because they are a bunch of queers, that's why

why do both of violet's actresses have dick sucking lips?

was that in the books?

Did they make Lemony Snicket not gay enough?

God fucking damn it.
It looks meh-ish, the film honestly looks better.

Any people who read the book can give any idea about how accurate this series will be to the book? And also is the movie accurate to the books?

Who the fuck thought David Puddy was at all ok to play lemony snicket?

It makes their experience on the casting couch a bit more smooth.

This, though I bet no one wants to take risks given the whole AIDS rumour.

Well I just said they race swapped one of the fucking characters (>>532360 , me), and the series seems less stylized than the movie and books, the books still had technology like telegraphs and had a depressed feeling where people ignored the problems of the world by making their own and going into almost borderline insanity. The series just seems like it's retelling the first book in the blandest way possible.

Jesus, this shit makes the film look positively Godfather-tier.

Whoever cast Neil Patrick Harris as Olaf needs to be shot. He can't play creepy weirdo to save his life.

Jim Carrey was ideal for the role because he is a creepy weirdo himself.

They learned nothing from American Horror Story.

VFD detected

Aasif Mandvi is playing Uncle Monty

Blame Dr. Horrible

I was actually looking forward to this too.

It just keeps getting worse and worse. Who the hell handled the casting for this? How could anyone think these are good choices?

Blame Joss Whedon.

I love warburton but this is like the worst cast in the show by far.

But he's still human, they didn't change his race.

God damn I hate that man

The girl looks like Bailey Jay.
Why does netflix always have such a jewy cast?

Nope, fucking dropped, fuck this, FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS FUCK THIS SHIT and yes Olaf looks retarded.

This.

Pretty sure Olaf hates kids, bruv.

Three casting fuck-ups. It's like they can't advertise enough how much they've killed the show before they aired it.

Nope.

The style and tone look absolutely fine compared to the books, even better then the movie (which was fucked over by Nick so it wouldn't be too scary for kids), but the casting is so much worse in this.
Lemony Snicket is a soft spoken intellectual. Olaf is a callous, cynical, brute. The kids look slightly too young which I guess is excusable because Violet doesn't turn 18 until one of the last books, so if they plan on filming everything they need some leeway.
But seriously. Neil Patrick Harris isn't even a good actor, let alone a good choice for this. He looks like a child wearing those cheap pieces of latex you get from a Halloween store to make you look old. Maybe if Barry Sonnenfeld was using key lights similar to that used in Gone Girl it would work better, but even so he is just way too flamboyant to play an intimidating character. And yes, Mr.Poe (the banker) is a white fat guy in the books.
I will also say that based off of the trailer it seems to be a mini-series built around the first book. It's possible that they are only showing footage from the first part to throw people off, but if the entire mini-series if the first book then its going to have so much pointless filler. They might also be doing what the movie did, which was wrap the first three books up together.
Overall, this looks to be a 6/10 adaptation, about on par with the movie.

Jesus that entire thing was a huge fuckup. The only good bits were with the clown before they revealed him as a downy, and maybe some bits with Dandy.

Either way I have no hope for NPH in this, since as our local tripfag said no one could top Jim Carrey.

Why did they make the child services guy a nigger? He's described as white in the book.

Niggers have to be shoved into everything, now.

Would it be better if each episode was based on each book?

Do you think Jim Carey was better as Count Olaf?

If each episode was an hour long and focused on one book, I think that would be ideal. There is definitely stuff that could be cut. And a lot of the stuff doesn't even have anything to do with the story, it's just Snicket going on tangents.

I thought Jim Carey was great. From what it sounded like, he would have been better had Nick not messed with everything, but what we got was fine too. He was intimidating, and threatening, and I believed him as a failing actor.

The originals took place during a time where America was mostly white and especially in very small towns like the ones the books took place in, they needed to diversify at least ONE character. So they chose Mr. Poe.

You know perfectly well they don't HAVE to do that shit.

I know, I stopped reading comics when they started doing that, I hate the industry for it.

So's Olaf.

With that nose he's a dead giveaway.

I think a read that it's going to be 2 episodes per book, and the first season will be 8 episodes. So books 1-4 for season one.

Didn't he want to fuck the girl?

This explains everything Joss Whedon hires meme actors these days.

IIRC, he wanted to marry her so that he could inherit her fortune left by her parents after they died. I think he was planning on killing her later on

Technically homo erectus was human