So my family is trying to do "movie nights", and they're making me pick the next movie and I want your help

So my family is trying to do "movie nights", and they're making me pick the next movie and I want your help.
I want to put them in front of something GOOD for a change, that might actually remind them what being human used to be like. Something classic and enjoyable, that gets viewers emotionally involved.

Either that, or something that will suffice as revenge for them making me sit through Lazer Team.

I watched frailty for holloween. It was nice but it wasn't terrifying.

Made by the japs but spoken entirely in english and takes place in america.

Big Fish

All my family is dead.

You should really enjoy your time with them OP.

I forgot what this felt like.

actually a legit hard question, youre on the spot nigger

You cant go all seventh seal on that bitch because yer fam is probably burger plebs, but you dont want to sell out and go with something easy and cliche hollywood that could appeal to a downsie, you want to give them something

since im an asshole im going to suggest any rob schneider movie

ill get back to you if i think of something

Stalker or Eraserhead.

This looks cool. Don't know if it exactly fits what I'm looking for right now for this situation, but I definitely want to check it out myself.

lol wut

Try Project London if you want payback and your family to never let you pick again.

bill bixby is a nip now? never knew.

fuck, i'm retarded today, i meant paxton.

the thing

This doesn't look like revenge to me. If you think this movie is awful in some way that is so obvious my family will hate it, you must be blessed to be surrounded by individuals of good taste.
This will just lead to "That was a good movie, user!"
Unless there's some tone shift not shown in that trailer.

Why not They Live?

Show them pink flamingo

a Serbian film

Happiness is a good family fun movie

Little Miss Sunshine
Napolean Dynamite
Cube
Teen Wolf
ET
Lion King

there's literally a billion good family movies, what's hard is finding a good movie for adults and not kids

Ive got it, watch the Way Back

its a human experience but still enough hollywood to be pallatable for burger niggers

farell is actually decent in this suprisingly

this

Edge of Tomorrow

I was just about to say 'What the fuck Dustin Hoffman wasn't in Frailty' when I realized that that's Bill Paxton.

You´re welcome.

schindler's list

these are great.

I'm not exactly sure what your taste is but I used to just put on movies I had not seen but was interested in with my family. They almost always enjoyed them. Although they are all fairly intelligent and open minded, and have been pretty interested in multi-media themselves.
I also don't know the age of everyone involved but I guess for a lighter setting I would recommend:

The Big Year (If you watch the trailer, this is not a comedy)
Mad Max 2
Be Kind Rewind
American Graffiti
Groundhog Day
Mouse Hunt
O Brother, Where Art Thou
Rocky
Tremors 1/2

This thread has already had a fantastic turnout.
I'll have to go through these suggestions later, but wanted to post now to thank those who made suggestions so far.
I'll probably end up watching most of them myself too.

terrible taste fam

>my mom's grandmother dies, she goes haywire and manic-depressive and hoards the living room for herself despite the fact her grandma was an absolutely jew-tier cunt who ruined her childhood
Getting revenge for fuckin' Lazer Team doesn't seem worth ruining your family gathering, OP. If you're so adamant I'd say lure them in with good movies first and then get revenge.

In any case just show them the Oldboy burger remake. It'd be both human and suffering.
I love Josh Brolin's reacion when he gets so perfectly and sublimely BTFO at the end.

T H E L A S T S A M U R A I
H
E

L
A
S
T

S
A
M
U
R
A
I

Tokyo Story for extreme patricianhood. Gran Torino for bonding with dad.

Don't bother OP. You'll just get pissed off when the stupid plebs get bored 10 minutes in and decide to watch something else.

watch The Seventh Continent and stare blankly at your family memebers the whole time

Aristocats.

Antichrist.

If they dont mind subtitles, check it.
If they prefer newer movies, try Outrage.

The Name of the Rose.

From a book by Unberto eco, so it's yumi for the brain, historically accurate, so you learn fucking something for once, with Connery and Slater so the acting is way above average.
You'll shit bricks: don't miss that one.

This is a really good movie.

DAS BOOT

No one un the room will be disappointed

This or Stand by Me

kill yourself.

Fuck off Holla Forums.

go back to sucking dick kike

Check out a movie called Dogtooth it's a good fucked up movie

why live

I love movie nights.
The movies are shit, but I like eating popcorn and junk food.

you can eat junk food without bad movies and bad family members

not in my family, my mother doesn't let us eat junk food or sweets outside of movie night or parties. It may seem shit, but I thank her for it.

what are you, 10?

I am autistic and just waiting for her to die so I can kill myself, gonna quit cuz my posts are not relevant to the thread

his mom going to see his boner tho

You saying moms don't like boners?