What are some other films with neat large scale battles?

What are some other films with neat large scale battles?

I don't mind modern warfare with assault rifles, any time period is cool.

Forgot about this for some reason

I guess Waterloo might be an example?

glory
the patriot
saving private ryan
shit, any war movie for that matter

I know this is a bit off-topic but I wish the Star Wars prequels had more of a large scale battles. I always felt the OT was an underdog vs big Empire while the PT was 2 powerful forces going at each other like WW2.

I seriously hope you were joking because you triggered my autism.

I like them but I wanted more. Also, I wanted them longer. The battle over Mustafar in Revenge of the Sith was my favorite.

shit I meant Coruscant.

The battles in the prequels are terrible. They're not overly set up well and when they happen they're quickly glossed over for other bullshit. The battles are also not interesting since they involve minor characters doing shit that doesn't matter instead of being a culmination of the events of the movie with the main characters at the helm.

I mean shit when Obi-Wan attacks Utapau half the battle is replaced with Obi and Grevious running around in a hamster wheel and giant lizard. Kashyyk is also pointless since it's just Yoda standing on a veranda looking at stuff.

Thats why I wish they were better.

the pianist shows the large scale battle jews of all europe fought against the dark forces of hitler.

Waterloo (1970).

Over 15,000 extras playing soldiers, thousands of actual explosions to simulate cannonballs crashing on the ground. It's the definitive battlekino.

Vive l'Empereur!

Member when this kind of movie was made all the time instead of capeshit?

Numales and women are triggered too hard by this kind of stuff, lots of nationalism, history that only boring old white males care about and pride in cultural/people in these types of movies.
Can you even fucking imagine Lotr being made in the current year? No shitskins other than barbaric sand peoples who basically monsters, only 1 strong female character and she's not even a lead, they would be writing articles about how it parallels the immigration crisis in europe and how gondor should just let the haradrim and corsairs in and share their wealth like the fucking shitlords they are.

The Longest Day has some of that.

War and Peace (Sergei Bondarchuk version)

Weren't the 15,000 extras all actual real life soldiers?

Yep, all soldiers of the Soviet Army.

I miss these types of movies.

I think they lent some actual live artillery pieces as well for use in some of the scenes, though I'm not sure if they actually fired them or just used them as background props.

I wish the prequels could have been more like the opening of Revenge. Everything about that battle was perfect entertainment, especially the banter.

The sabotage drones didn't make any sense though. Why did they spend the whole time peeling away the exterior layers and shutting him out of the controls when they could have just shattered the glass and sucked him into space? Hell, in the Clone Wars, a sabotage drone did just that to a Clone Trooper, drilled right through the glass and sent him tumbling away.

You're basically asking
The obvious meta reason is they can't kill the characters since they appear in the original movies. Instead, the peeling away builds tension (but not really because you know they can't die). The reason they can kill the clone trooper easily is because he's a nobody, but also because some animators had the same exact gripe as you.

The ending of Avatar has a large battle at the end that is pretty good.

Its ok but I dislike Avatar and everything in that movie except Steven Lang.

The Civil War battle scene in the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was good. All those men get wasted for taking a bridge.

55 days in peking has some great fight scenes. keyword some, there is a shitload of filler (2 and a half hour movie)

Gladiator you fucking pleb.

The civil war scene at the beginning of cold mountain was fucking amazing.

How about Curse of the Golden Flower?