Can we talk about this masterpiece now?

Can we talk about this masterpiece now?

If you haven't seen this yet, you've missed out on a True Classic.

Made in 1984 and it looks better than anything that's come out this year.

It really is a work of art, and the fucking music.

Yeah the ATHF movie was pretty good. I like Carl.

It is nothing but base masculine propaganda, probably Drumpf's favorite movie.

If this was redone in CURRENT YEAR fashion Valeria would be badass and Conan would have half her screen time.

Please, we all know the witch was best grill.

Well, you'll be happy to know that Arnold has turned into a cuckold like you.

The soundtrack is simply awesome and never fails to inspire power.

That flourish in "Wheel of Pain" is one of the most manliest, powerful and majestic things I have ever heard.

It's at 3:04 here.

Great fucking movie.

B O N E V E R E V E R
O

N
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

So what's the Samoan guy(I forget his name. Jason Momma?)'s conan the barbarian like?
Also wasn't there a third arnie conan movie happening at some point

It's shit
It's in production. It will most likely also be shit because Arnold looks like a sack of potatoes now

The music is so good it turns the movie into opera.

Braindead millennial detected. Let me guess. You feel that Conan was a racist white male and Thulsa Doom dindu nuffin. Open borders for Cimmeria. Ritual cannibalism in the name of Set is the religion of peace!

This had one of the best soundtracks ever.

Guaranteed replies.

Should we discuss the themes of the film and the Nietzsche influence on it?

Also I love the scene where his fathers sword breaks when he uses it and realizes its not the weapon that matters its the person wielding it. Is that scene considered symbolism or something. Is there a term for it because I tend to love subtle things like that.

I think what he really realized was that Aquilonian steel was better than Cimmerian steel.

If more people were like Conan nowadays, the world would be a better place.

I wish we would get more barbarian adventures. I had hoped The Scorpion King would help bring about more types of these movies and essentially be a light hearted Conan the Barbarian but it ended up being firmly meh, with a few decent looking women and a string of sequels you never knew existed or starred people you never knew would stoop so low.

KINO
I
N
O

I for one love our eccentric anons that have obsessions with certain things and can't help but bring them up on occasion. There was this one guy on Holla Forums obsessed with Leon the Professional and would never stop posting the same fucking image then one day he just vanished. Suffice to say I noticed he left and then I kind of missed his presence.

With the success of Conan, there were a lot of barbariansploitation films made afterwards like Deathstalker, The Beast Master, Ator the Fighting Eagle, Thor the Conqueror and so on. It's a genre that was really tied to the 80s not unlike the whole post-apocalypse genre or macho action flicks.

Do you think it's because there isn't really an arnie of our times? Some actor who is just very buff and manly and would easily fit into that barbarian role?

We have that. The Rock

B-but the scorpion king sucked

yes it did, but you still enjoyed watching the rock kick ancient egyptian ass.

it's the same thing with arnie, most of his films are low-tier cinema, but because you enjoy watching him fuck shit up and spitting out classic one-liners, you forget the rest of the film.

quite frankly, commando is total shit, but it has charisma rarely seen elsewhere.

Need an Austrian guy with that kick ass southern German accent.

I think it's because of Hollywood. They seem to have this irrational view that manly men are intimidating and that betas are more relatable and attractive. They tried to keep guys like Arnold and Sly out of Hollywood but they would not be denied. They were determined to succeed and they were at the right place at the right time. Men like that only come along once in a blue moon.

if this wasn't a thing we wouldn't even have internet forums or imageboards.

Did they ever fix the audio on the Blu-ray?

LET ME TELL YOU OF THE DAYS OF HIGH ADVENTURE

The Barbarian epic Fantasy Genre needs to come back.. but wait, nevermind, everything is PC now so we can't have any of that, also, every fucking movie is PG13 nowadays.

Speaking of which, can you imagine if we had a Masters of the Universe movie with a proper composer and all?

This movie was amazing. Conan the Destroyer was fucking trash.

Someone, somewhere decided that what Conan really needed was a comedy sidekick and they didn't feel like putting in the effort to replicate that striking atmosphere, so all you get is the most generic of fantasy movies.

Get out

What's wrong with the audio?

I believe it was a different director, that's why it came out so shit. Thing is, Conan the Barbarian had kick ass sidekicks - Subotai was just as unique and cool as Conan, so was Valkyria. In destroyer they went so overboard its stupid.

>>>/suicide/
Get the fuck out

see

Already done, it was called Red Sonja

This film is an underrated masterpiece.

It's actually bordering on Kino in some ways but it never takes the final step.

And for good reason too. I wouldn't want to see a movie where James Earl Jones fucked Arnold Schwarzenegger up the arse

rip in peace

Is this fanart or an official comic adaptation?

Is that a torch-mace?

I personally find Arnold movies pretty brain dead, which I know they are suppose to be. But they have zero fucking charm, and zero fucking depth. Watch Excalibur instead.

Also, remember Arnold for his movie. Nothing else, at all, he is a faggot pretty boy.

Do you not like fun, user?

zero depth, yes. standard popcorn entertainment, and it doesn't try to be anything else. zero charm, hell the fuck no, that's what sells his films you stupid fuckwit.

Supposedly they fucked up the sound track and left out some cues with a chorus. That's why I held off.

Over long, lags in the middle and during the quest for the Holy Grail, has maybe two good performances (Nicol Williamson and Helen Mirren), some good music, some good visuals and some decent bit parts from Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson. Aside from that it is completely lackluster and not on Conan's level.

Arnold is one of the quinessential "showmen" to me.
He's just great. It's retarded, of course, but he is a true entertainer.
An icon, extremely iconic. He's very quintessential, you can parody him so easily and you will always recognize it.

Granted, you can parody anything, but he certainly has his own flavor, even though he's not the only action actor.

Having a gimmick is always good.
Arnold is great.
Euuuueuuurghhh Aughhhh

The only way to rationalize Conan the destroyer is that (((Hollywood))) made it intentionally to dispel the latent fascism of Conan the barbarian.
I don't think the director got another chance to direct anything good.

based poledouris

I have the Blu-Ray, but I haven't watched it yet. If you could point out what they supposedly left out I could probably tell you if they've fixed it or not

His father answered the riddle of steel thus: you may only trust steel.

But his mother is killed by Doom with his fathers sword.

Doom answered thus: mastery over flesh is stronger than mastery over steel.

But Conan was able to defeat him.

Thus Conan answered that both steel and flesh require will to be strong, thus guaranteeing his place in Valhalla.

Absolutely perfect movie.

All the momentum disappears by the time the final act rolls around.

She's like a Valkyrie

neat riddle, but the writing is pretentious as fuck tbh.

i think miller just shit himself.

fuck i meant milius