Got around to watching this. What do you guys think of it?

Got around to watching this. What do you guys think of it?

It wasn't taken seriously, and had some pretty fun, ridiculous scenes. Also, most of the stunts were done out in the open and with real tanks/explosions/car crashes. Fucking Russians don't care abot safety.

I'm looking forward to a sequel. I enjoyed the shootouts and that bike scene, the story telling could have done a little bit better I feel but that didn't hinder my enjoyment of it.

Also top notch soundtrack

The band that did a fair bit of the soundtrack, Biting Elbows, ate actually the reason it was made.

The band made a few music videos from first person, and got worldwide love, so the frontman wrote this film. In fact, he is Henry for a fair few portions, though I think 8 others also did it, due to injuries and shit.

Embedded related is one of their clips, and it has a lot of backstage footage. That scene on the bikes was 90% real stunts. And near the end, that small office on the roof was actually blown up while the actor was 2 metres from it. Madmen.

I liked it though I found the whole head cam thing to be a bit nauseating at times. I get motion sickness at times with stuff like this. Still badass movie overall.

Who was the guy who played Jimmy? I could have sworn I've seen him before.

He was in district 9

Probably the best movie I saw this year. Just all around good fun.

Apart from the fact I haven't seen this shitpost here in months, where the fuck did this even come from? Movies, like any other form of media, is a type of escapism. Even in the days of theatre we called it suspension of disbelief, that's how people enjoyed the show. Otherwise there'd be no enjoyment in calling it out for what it is, a bunch of day-job LARPers prancing around on a stage for 2 hours. If you want complete realism then watch a fucking documentary, because Holla Forums evidently isn't for you.

Gopro shaky cam up the ass. Those slav faggots didn't bother to use steadicam. The story and action sequences are cringeworthy too. Literally reddit the flick.

Flicks are escapism, kinos aren't.

I enjoyed it, probably my favorite action movie of the past few years.

Literally nobody ITT said anything remotely close to that.

No, just slavs.

gb2 Holla Forums

It's a mounted headcam that uses magnets to stay in place. Most of the jumpy stuff is editted in to seperate stunts/scenes, and the shakiness isnt that bad.

Movie is much better to watch on a tablet at half arms length. TVs and computer displays are too far away, and I suspect VR would be nauseating.

Great fun. Best action film since the Raid 2.

Movie of the year. Watched it four times already, really impressive, and the best of the first-person movies I've seen by a long shot.

There's more? Action movies, even? Doom does not and will not ever count.

It's puke inducingly bad.

Doom's first person sequence looks infinitely better than this garbage. Looks like they filmed it with steadicam. Thanks to the lack of gopro I guess.

Holy shit and I thought non-CGI action kino was dead.

Why were there so many prostitutes?

How is this not video game trash? What is even the story?

They were in a brothel.

its something new m8.

Yeah, but HH is far above even the next best one. There's one called FPS: First Person Shooter (2014), Hotel Inferno (2013), Maniac (2012), a bunch more. Everything after HH is a step down.

Do you know what a whorehouse is, son?

found the retard

The monsters in Doom are all costume, double retard.

I was enjoying it until my faggot friend decided he didn't like it and put something else on.

It was pretty good. Jimmy was a real human beans.

I need a story, it was Generic Video Game: The Movie.

What was so hard to get about the story?
Now what was so hard about that? Did you even actually watch the movie or were you sitting with a stick up your ass and a phone in your hand and not paying attention?

They complain about how shit the story is, not how convoluted.

Fun fact, Dmitri is played by the lead singer of Biting Elbows, the band that did most of the OST.
He also played Henry.