Why doesn't 'cute girls doing cute things' exist in western live action?

why doesn't 'cute girls doing cute things' exist in western live action?

why must it all be drugs, sex, violence, degrading nerd/fat/bumbling idiot father jokes?

Other urls found in this thread:

sakugabooru.com/post/show/16157/
youtube.com/watch?v=pAcXt-NOb1U
tezukaosamu.net/en/about/1980.html
web.archive.org/web/20050220082952/home.comcast.net/~hasshin/tezukaint.html
web.archive.org/web/20071024152609/http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/jmurphy/JPT3500file/JPT.Projectfile/Jpt/Mickey.html
imdb.com/name/nm0856804/bio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osamu_Tezuka
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because we need more stronk womyn for girls to look up to.

1. autism is far less prevalent in the west than it is in the east
2. because westerners have a strong tradition of theater about philosophical and/or subversive concepts, like virtue and or patricide, meaning these things are still somewhat understood and can sell

and to answer you second question: its the jews.

Because in real life women stop being cute, act like whores, and don't act like they ever had values because they never had. The majority of modern men have been turned into idiots and in real life the only things that happen are bad, that's why the whole cute girl genre was made.
To escape.
But you've gone in too deep and can't come back out.

You know what you have to do now user.
🔫

The west must reproduce to keep paying taxes. Or rather, Japan is the last bastion of true culture and no other nation can match it. Or rather, it does exist and you are a pleb for not noticing and for existing in the first place. Or rather, feminists are the source of all evil in the west and that includes ruining live action.

They call it the "manic pixie dream girl", and apparently it's sexist now. Because how dare men have fantasies about women actually being pleasant to be around.

/thread

Does this explain waifus? Because when I was younger I had a huge crush on Starfire from the Teen Titans cartoon.

Holla Forums is always right

Today I will remind them.

Because caucasian people have more artistic sensibility and spiritual intelligence than asian people, thus the caucasian seeks for a more transcendental form of art to please their soul and avoid escapism at any cost. Asians in the other hand are addicted to escapism and perverted entertainment. The caucasians have reached the Self Transcendence level of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, while asians are still struggling at the Love and Belonging level.

You're not fooling anyone.

more like who

Does Totally Spies count?

I think the better question is why is it so prevalent in jap culture, as opposed to pretty much everywhere else? A normal male human bean and even a female generally yearns for some kind of adventure of sorts in their fiction, a grand pilgrimage if you will, in the classic greek tradition.

you weeaboos on the other hand seem to spend most of your time deeply invested in the emotional trials and tribulations of little girls, which is infantile to say the least.

If this kind of stuff was targeted at actual little girls or teens in order to give them a voice/someone to identify with that would be different but its not as far as I can tell, its targeted at you pathetic snivelling excuses for young men.

I would say this a form of weaponization, the burgers were probably scared of the violent autistic little japs, so they spread this kind of nonce to keep them in check.

They did something similar with the krauts but sans all the creepy little girl shit, they just turned them into a bunch of dicksuck roll over pacifists

interesting analysis, a little absolute but nonetheless you are probably on to something

the age of sophistry

Tradition, same as Hollywood. The business, people, they are already there.

Also this. 3dpd isn't as good.

she is not cure or doing something cute

Looks like a cold bitch tbh.

because there is no such thing as a cute western girl.

>>>/a/

Whoa I never realised this before. Now I'm pissed off again. Why do we destroy everything that's feminine and good? Do we actually want women to be men? So weird.

Oh well, back to my kdramas

Whoa I never realised this before. Now I'm pissed off again. Why do we destroy everything that's feminine and good? Do we actually want women to be men? So weird.

Oh well, back to my kdramas

Fuck off. The last thing we need is talented artists wasting even more of their time for your pedophile fetish shit of watching schoolgirls being awkward at life.

Die, you fucking Barneyfag.

anti-moe brigade has arrived

Absolutely nostalgic.

Only pedos and fags are obsessed with femininity and cutesy. You're a boy, Christ. Get a more masculine hobby like sports, hunting, or mountain climbing. Stop watching girls cartoon geared towards female demography.

pick one

You're out of your depth kid. Go back to larping on freech.

I never understood this one. One kids show is next to another kids show? Surely bronies already know they watch a kids show, right? I thought that was already the point.
What's the gag?

Why is it wrong to like girls that act like girls? It's also possible to have masculine hobbies and like cute girls at the same time.

Why is it wrong to like girls that act like girls? It's also possible to have masculine hobbies and like cute girls at the same time.

damnit codemonkey

Why is it wrong for boys to play barbies? If it doesn't make you gay, it makes your brain numb.

Being attracted to femininity is gay. There's nothing straighter than fucking a man in the ass.

How much has the internet brainwashed you?

i'm attracted to wet, warm, soft holes into which my penis can be inserted.

preferably not attached to a human of any gender. humans are just pointless trouble.

Nothing sexual about taking a steamy bro shower with your bro, beating each other off to play the "loser cums first" game. Sticking your finger up his ass as a hilarious prank. Just banter between lads.

Yes those are girls.

go buy a fleshlight.

Well then loli anime should be banned.

Because America is busy reversing traditional gender roles. Women become men (dominant stronk womyn), and men turn into submissive feminized (cucks).

it's pottery

Why?

Because anime girls are realistic girls.

nigger you cannot be serious

all of this is escapism. none of this is real. tv is literally mind poison because it lies in every frame

probably because LIVE ACTION moe would catch hell for pedophilia

Regular moe anime doesn't have pedophilia though.

I found your problem.

this

the target audience is men. that's enough

A film becomes counter escapism when it challenges the awful reality and tries to help you to face the suffering of life instead of avoiding it. Anime avoids the theme of suffering and reality, that's why it's escapism, while Tarkovsky promotes spirituality and faith through the realistic theme of his films as a mean to help his audience face their life.

Tarkovsky made boring and charmless movies. Typical Russian trash.

He made meditative films, not entertaining films.

I'd suggest anything from Yoshitosh Abe — or the following anime; Kino no Tabi, Boogiepop Phantom, NGE — if you want anime that feature despair and sadness. The former is not a very common theme outside of art/advantgarde films. Most films deal with escapism in some manner or another, anime is just prone to be more blatant about.

On on side-note; I wish these /a/ rejects would stop shitting up Holla Forums even more than it already is. It's been a wasteland of shit posters for a while now, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to use the board for any serious discussion.

On the contrary, Tark's films feature hope and faith. They're far from cheerful, but not sad either. More like emotionally balanced. Tark wrote in his book that he hated both banal cheerfulness and despair.

These are all escapist.

Better than anything Tark made.

got an eastern live action example?

Weeb culture really makes my skin crawl. It's just so infantile and degenerate (in the true sense).

It's just a comfort blanket for people who will never grow beyond an adolescent mental state. They are pathetic but ultimately irrelevant.

A manic pixie dream girl is a type of character that's mostly a Western thing and doesn't have anything in particular to do with anime. A waifu could be any character type.

Western media is by far more perverted than anime. It's not even a contest. Escapism is also not unique to anime, and there isn't even anything wrong with it.

The characters in so-called moe anime are in high school in the first place and in middle school in the second place. They are rarely younger than that. "Little girls" is a meme propagated by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

I would say that you are delusional.

They are anime characters, not real people. They don't look or act like real people. They're also in the vast majority of cases in their teens.

Strange that absolutely nobody complains about pedophilia when in Western media there are scenes of children and teenagers engaging in sexual activities (or being raped, tortured and murdered). As opposed to so-called moe anime where the most you get is girls in swimsuits or taking baths.

These shows are usually based on manga that's officially aimed at adult men.

No it doesn't.

No one cares about your nip shit anime autist.

This thread is about anime and people had been talking about it for 70 posts before I showed up, so why are you trying to take this out on me?

thanks Holla Forumstube

They're equally perverted, with western media leaning more to existentialist thoughts than just entirely lust filled media.

Well, that makes it sound worse.

Yes it does, at least the most popular ones do. There are a lot more fantasy themed and slice of life anime than fantasy western/eastern european film. Also, anime doesn't challenge the notion of wretchedness, unlike western films.

They aren't. Sex almost never happens in anime, and almost all the sexual content is either humorous titillation or really minor stuff like going to the beach or taking a bath, which isn't necessarily presented as being any more sexual than it already naturally is. Real nudity is almost never seen due to the broadcast restrictions of Japanese TV (nipples and genitalia cannot be shown).

Westerners will happily watch something like Blue is the Warmest Color or Serbian Film and then shit themselves with rage because an anime has jiggling breasts in it.

How?

No.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

This thread isn't about cartoons, and a weeb wouldn't even be interested in them.

you boys seen this?

I never said Japanese cartoons are not cartoons. I said (or implied) that anime and cartoons are not the same thing, which is true.

I'm also not a weeb.

I'm not a weeb and you have no evidence to the contrary. Anime and cartoons are two different things and you have no evidence to the contrary.

I've heard of this anime.

So what's the difference between an anime and a Japanese cartoon?

They're the same thing.

What isn't the difference between anime and cartoons? About the only thing they have in common is that they're both animation.

If they are the same thing, how come they are completely different from each other?

Anime and cartoon are both terms for animation.

They are terms for specific kinds of animation. Not all animation is the same.

Nope. Animation made in Japan is anime. Panty and Stocking is anime. Gd Gd Fairies is anime. Inferno Cop is anime. There's no rule that something has to adhere to a specific anime style.

Anime is a certain kind of animation. Not all animation made in Japan is anime.

So like stop motion made in Japan is not animation? Does suitmation count as animation like the Godzilla movies?

I didn't say stop motion is not animation.

Anime is literally the Japanese word for animation. As far as they're concerned, The Simpsons is anime.

Semantic argument. The Simpsons is not the same thing as Clannad just because many people in Japan use the term anime for both of them.

Really, we shouldn't have to use the term anime at all. We should call them Japanese cartoons, like we call French cartoons French cartoons, or German cartoons German cartoons. Unfortunately someone let weeaboos define the terminology and now we're stuck with it.

Why? They aren't cartoons. Cartoons and anime are completely different things.

Weeaboos have nothing to do with this.

Opting to use a Japanese word when there's a perfectly good English one is classic weeabooism. It's basically being that guy who actually calls things kawaii.

Cartoon is not a perfectly good word since it describes something completely different.

So where do you draw the line between anime and Japanese cartoon? At what point inbetween Panty and Stocking and Akira does something begin to qualify as anime?

There's no need to draw a line since they're so far apart from each other.

Wew lad.

would fuck all of them

Oh you said "Japanese cartoon." I don't even know what those are. Maybe there are cartoons made for pre-schoolers or something but I've never watched them. It also doesn't matter whether it's a Japanese cartoon or a non-Japanese cartoon, it's still a cartoon.

Like all anime.

No. Anime and cartoons are two completely different things.

Describe how.

Describe how they aren't. You'll need plenty of imagination to explain what makes Popeye the same as Hibike.

They're both animation.

Which doesn't mean anything. A bicycle and a cargo plane are both vehicles. A home video recording of an elementary school play is technically the same thing as a Michael Bay movie.

That's correct. What you're doing is claiming a car is something other than a vehicle, because bicycles are vehicles and cars aren't bicycles.

I never said that anime is not animation, I said it is not the same thing as cartoons.

Anime and cartoons are subsets of animation just like bicycles and planes are subsets of vehicles.

They're no more subsets of animation than catsup is a subset of ketchup. Same thing. Different name.

They are completely different. The only counter-argument that you can come up with is that they're both animation, which as I just explained does not mean anything.

So explain where the line between anime and cartoon is drawn.

I already said they're so far apart from each other that there's no need to draw any line between them.

Why don't you explain what makes cartoons and anime the same? Oh, wait, you can't.

They're both animation. We've been over this.

We've also been over the fact that it doesn't mean anything that they're both animation. There are countless ways of doing animation, not all animation is the same or even similar.

You have no way of arguing that cartoons and anime are the same.

Anime literally means animation. By Westerners the term is used to refer to animation from Japan. This is not negotiable.

Source?

It wasnt always like this though, people used to try to make things that did something to ya

What is true culture?

This is pure semantics. The fact that a Japanese person uses the term anime (animation) to refer to both My Little Pony and Steins;Gate does not mean they are the same thing. We are also not arguing whether anime is animation, we are arguing whether it is the same thing as cartoons.

So what makes cartoons and anime the same thing?

They exist within the medium of animation, which is sometimes refered to as "cartoon" or "anime". Obviously no two shows are "the same thing".

The fact that they are both animation does not mean anything.

Try again.

If you refuse to understand the definitions of words, there is nothing I can do for you. Have some anime.

You are the one who doesn't understand them. You are also completely unable to argue what makes cartoons and anime the same, which is not surprising since it's impossible to argue that they are the same.

That video is not anime. It's Japanese animation, but it isn't anime.

Is this anime?

It's one of those vague borderline cases that people love to bring out when they're desperately trying to prove that anime doesn't exist. Inferno Cop was produced by anime professionals within the anime industry, and for domestic audiences, but taken on its own it has very little to do with anime.

What about this?

This

If you think the burgers didnt put certain..social control mechanisms into place when they occupied Japan then you are the one that is being willfully delusional, its was a core part of US military doctrine, hearts and minds, "denazification", derEwigeDeutsche.Avi, etc. p.p

the japs had been brainwashed by their militaristic society into being vicious little fuckers, often surpasssing the nazis and even the ukranian nazis in terms of brutality. merka has been the modern pioneer in terms of social control(bernays is probably example enough). Dont let your hardon for jap shit cloud your judgement, the burgers have had a huge hand in why japs are the way they are now

theyre cartoons weeb, you can call them animus so we know yer talkin bout them still-framey jap cartoons but theyre still cartoons

Oh lawdy the massive amounts of unrefined autism you are subjected to when googling "anime is not cartoon" is pretty fucking glorious, I highly suggest to anyone reading this if you have the stomach for it

meh

kdramas?

I'm not going to keep playing this game. You're just trying to argue that anime doesn't exist because there exists contemporary commercial Japanese animation that does not seem to be anime. It doesn't say anywhere that all animation produced in Japan must be anime, but such animation is a tiny minority.

Thís definition is incorrect.

They aren't.

I'm not.

You have to explain what anime is. I am very confused. Please help me. I don't want to watch a cartoon by accident.

I'm not a weeb and I've never refused to acknowledge reality.

How?

Pls. You have to help me. I don't want the anime club to think I'm a gay baby if I watch a cartoon by accident.

Again: nobody said that all animation produced in Japan must be anime. You are arguing against a strawman.

I AM CONFUSED. PLEASE RESPOND.

Cartoons and anime are also not the only kinds of animation that exist in the world, so the fact that something isn't anime doesn't mean it's a cartoon.

Can you give examples please?

YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHERE TO DRAW THE LINE. YOU SAY IT IS SELF EVIDENT, BUT I AM LOST IN A TECHNICOLOR MAZE OF MOVING IMAGES. PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THIS HELL.

I already told you at least twice that cartoons and anime are so far apart that there's no reason to draw a line between them.

IS THIS A CARTOON OR AN ANIME? I NEED YOUR HELP BECAUSE I AM TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND

See

YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHERE THE LINE IS DRAWN. EXPLAIN IT LIKE I AM A RETARDED CHILD.

See

If it's that clear, tell me if this is an anime or a cartoon.

bernays?

See

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/a/

That does not answer his question. I find myself convinced that you have made up a nonexistent distinction in order to feel superior to others.

I have answered everything he has said.

It isn't a non-existent distinction, and what does this have to do with feeling superior to others?

You say the divide between cartoons and anime is so clear, no line needs to be drawn. So explain whether the videos linked are anime or cartoon. Should be easy enough if it's all so self-evident.

See and

Because gay babies watch cartoons, and sophisticated adults watch anime, right?

No, you have not. There is no distinction that you have proven or even put forth other than your say-so. The last part is conjecture on my part but I feel confident that you want your brand of cartoons to be seen as different to other cartoons because of egotism.

The very reason why people insist on calling anime cartoons is because it's an insult. But whatever the case, they're still two completely different things.

Yes I have.

Yes there is.

What "your brand of cartoons"?

No, you haven't. Prove it. Your Japanese cartoons.

I don't think it's an insult. I love cartoons.

Yes I have.

The burden of proof is on you. You must prove that cartoons and anime are the same thing.

I have not been defending or promoting Japanese cartoons or trying to make a distinction between them and non-Japanese cartoons.

In the vast majority of cases people try to claim that anime are cartoons because it's insulting to do so.

People claim anime is different to cartoons because they think cartoons are beneath them.

Cartoons are beneath anime, but the reason why they are considered separate is because they are separate.

No, you haven't. You are the one putting forth a claim without backing it up with supporting evidence. Anime are cartoons by the very definition of the word cartoon.

car·toon
kärˈtoon/
noun
plural noun: cartoons
a motion picture using animation techniques to photograph a sequence of drawings rather than real people or objects.

There is an element of truth to this but its still a hilariously autistic rant from an emotionally and intellectually lazy permavirgin that needs to get out of his basement and stick his dick into something.

Modern "culture" can be an ugly, soulless thing, and if you have trashed-out parents and a home that doesnt balance this bombardment of shit out in any way I can see how it could break a more sensitive type.

That being said, as much as this weeb may see a spark of something in his animus they are still for the most part escapism. This is fine to an extent, but if he were really thirsting for "culture" and not putting on airs, he wouldve found it by now, you have the fucking world at your fingertips, there is no excuse.

He clearly hasnt found it, and is still watching cartoons about bug-eyed girls. Alone mentioning Wagner is worth an actual lol, wagner is pretty fucking shit bruh, If I made you listen to 10 hours of wagner nonstop it would basically be enhanced interrogation, its the standard /pol answer from someone that doesnt know anything about classical music but wants to show off how his whiteness somehow makes him highly cultured and also how hes so very very Reich

Rembrandt, fine, sure, but I get the feeling impressionist painting isnt gonna be the thing that makes you feel oneness with the universe, its painfully obvious this guy hasnt even bothered, hes just another adhd addled, mindfucked child of western liberalism like the rest of us, despite all the edgy talk about ropes and a little bit of Realpolitik.

The shit about AIPAC, dual citizen traitors and the like infesting the US establishment is true, although to put all problems on it is again lazy, its not that fucking simple, its looking for quick and comfortable answers that fit nicely together. There are answers, dont let some fucking relativist tell you otherwise, they just arent always cut and dry.

The whole rant is pathetic, and I dont mean that in an insulting way, its sad because hes obviously not retarded. What this guy basically needs is a decent 3 months of basic training, and someone he can respect that is knowledgable about actual geopolitics to talk /pol with.

Also he needs to fuck, like now. Hoors are a thing people, no shame in it, a cartoon cant suck you offyet..oh lawdy we are doomed arent we

Wew lad. It all comes out. I enjoyed this therapy session. Let's meet again next week.

Yes I have.

The burden of proof is not on me.

Any such definition is a false one.

?

Good to see that you have admitted your actual reasoning behind your nonsensical argument.

What is nonsensical about considering two separate things to be two separate things?

When you are hired to help compile dictionaries then you may claim that definitions are not true. Until said time, your opinion on the matter is immaterial.

Something is not automatically and unquestionably true just because it's written in a book. The definition you cited is wrong.

So what you are saying is that because bananas and apples are different from each other they arent both fruits?

just because anime is a different style of cartoon doesnt make it any less a cartoon, at least going by the most widely used definition of the word

Autistic semantics, nothing more, its obvious that you see the term "cartoon" as derogatory and are buttmad because of this, but this will probably just lead to even more people calling your animus cartoons

also yeah im pretty sure yer a weeb

Once again. your layman opinion on official definitions of words are worth less than nothing. You have proffered no evidence for your claims other than your opinions and circular references to what you claim are self evident truths that you have not sourced nor verified. When you can provide a better argument for your claims then make a topic on the matter and we can resume.

Where did I ever argue that anime and cartoons are not both animation? I already said they are, because obviously they are.

It isn't a style of cartoon.

People who are buttmad over anime insist on calling it cartoons because it's insulting. You are trying to shift blame.

I'm pretty sure you have nothing to back that up with. I'd be surprised if you even know what a weeb is.

I am not going to accept a dictionary definition as valid if I know for a fact that it isn't valid. Dictionaries are not the word of god, they are written by people. People can make mistakes. Textbooks and encyclopedias have errors too. To say nothing of Wikipedia.

lol finally you say it, sheesh, took you long enough

Bernays was the grandfather of modern propaganda, think less blatant soviet propaganda and more subtly influencing various groups within society, his most famous success before going into politics were convincing women that smoking was somehow an act of womens rights, and that smoking luckies was sticking it to the man even more…

He wrote the book propaganda which is very enlightening, it basically explains how modern "democracy" works, and that it is not so much convincing the masses but convincing/buying key figures that certain demographics congregate around.

He is often called the "Father Of Spin" and was intrumental in modern PR and PM. He is also the nephew of Freud, and a lot of his work is based on freuds theories, just far more practical and inisdious

I've been saying from the very start that anime and cartoons aren't the same thing. That's what this whole thing is about.

getting desperate fam

You are quoting me out of context. Now THAT is desperate.

What I actually said was:

absolutely no one that doesnt have autism would bother nitpicking over the difference between "cartoon" and "animation", especially when all the major dictionaries give basically the same definition, you are trying to turn your jap shit into some kind of snowflake, it isnt, its drawn moving pictures that are often moving a lot slower than more traditional cartoons.

No, you finally said "Cartoons are beneath anime" and highlighted what this is all really about; your severe case of spectrum disorder and your fanboyism, you want the whole world to agree that the shit you like is better than that other shit

well fuck you buddy, I disagree, Looney Tunes is where its at, meep meep

claiming your own definition of a word is more true than the dictionary is the event horizon of desperate fam

/a/utists truly are the worst part of anime. The rejects that post here when their nazimods ban them for whatever petty shit rustled them this day are good reminders of why that board is shit.

It has nothing to do with autism, it's just recognizing when two things are not the same. You may as well tell your mom she is autistic when she points out that you bought her salt instead of sugar.

It is. Anime is very different from other kinds of animation.

There are a million differences between the two.

That was incidental. They are beneath anime, yes, but that's not the point here. Except in the sense that the whole reason people insist anime are cartoons is because it's intended to be an insult.

Dictionaries do not define reality.

Which you have been totally unable to point out.

they do define words though fam.

You've been totally unable to point out what makes them the same, aside from them both being animation (which, again, doesn't mean anything).

And they are not infallible at it.

It means everything. It's the crux of the argument.

No. I've already explained this. There are many ways of doing animation. Not all animation is the same. Saying that cartoons and anime must be the same because they're both animation is like saying bicycles and planes are the same because they're both vehicles.

i trust them way more than some sperg who can't even begin to back up his own sperging on a subject he claims to know a lot about. well except for saying "nuh uh" a lot and claiming the dictionary is wrong. not too impressed by that though fam

You're retarded.

And what have you done to back up your sperging? You've made the nonsensical claim that cartoons and anime are the same because they're both animation and then you've cited a dictionary. Beyond that you've been unable to explain what makes, say, Steamboat Willie and The Great Passage the same thing.

What was retarded about what I said?

salt and sugar are both edible, just like animus and western animations are both cartoons

this is really fucking pointless but im enjoying it for some sad reason, you have nothing bruh, the differences between the two are stylistic, nothing more. The basic process is still the same, you draw a bunch of pictures, and then you film them sequentially really fast so it looks like they are moving.

its astounding and lulzy how you are trying to dance around this, and yes obviously we are intentionally calling them cartoons because it sets you off but the only reason that works is because its true

I..wa…

seriously I was at least hoping for an indepth analysis of the subtle differences in technique and how wan-sum-dik pioneered the so-and-so method thus elevating the artform to new plateus yadda yadda but he isnt giving us even that

They are both cartoons. Animated motion pictures that don't use real people or objects, if you will.

Salt and sugar have different tastes, are used for different purposes, and have different effects on the body.

Some Western animation is cartoons. Some Japanese animation is cartoons. Cartoons and anime are different subsets of animation.

No, that would be you.

Their differences are radical and all-encompassing. About the only thing they have in common is that they are both animation.

It isn't true.

It literally doesn't. Which is why the usage patterns for the word are very different when you compare the Wikipedia articles for Disney, American animation, American comics, Ghibli, anime and manga. And which is why you rarely see people refer to, say, Frozen as a cartoon. And which is why we're talking about this in the first place.

The dictionary definition is wrong, and if all you can come up with is "the dictionary said so" then your argument is incredibly weak.

They are both animation, but only one of them is a cartoon.

AND THERE WE GO!.
I like anime and still know it's Japanese cartoons.

if all you got is "the dictionary is wrong" and vague references to great differences that you refuse to list then I'm going to take the dictionary argument any day fam

What is that supposed to mean?

Anime and cartoons are two different things.

The burden of proof isn't on me. If you're so sure that cartoons and anime are nearly identical, then why don't you list all the things that make them the same?

Acknowledging the fact that anime and cartoons are different things has no relation to autism.

see

Then what's "highly cultured" classical music?
What's Realpolitik?

I think he realized that with his "obviously it did'nt try too hard" line.

no they arent, and you have yet to name even one radical and all-encompassing difference

yes it pretty much does, the reason people dont call something like frozen a cartoon is because its computer animation, sure that involves drawing as well but its still a very obvious to the viewer technological difference.

there is no fundamental technological difference between drawn cartoons regardless of where they are from, its the same procedure essentially, so its perfectly fine to group them in with each other regardless which of the two you consider superior

So yeah, animes are pretty much cartoons from what I can tell, I wont have any communication problems should I ever need to discuss the new jap cartoon that just came out, pretty sure even you will understand me

Again, that is a meaningless similarity. Again, there are many ways of doing animation and not all animation is the same.

There are variables like character design, background paintings, animation style, cinematography and camera work, editing, music, sound design and voice acting, and writing related variables like tone, subject matter, genre, length, pacing and intended audience. If none of these things matter then it follows that any animation is perfectly interchangeable with any other animation. Which is just lunacy.

You've yet to explain what makes cartoons and anime the same. All the things listed in the above paragraph are different between cartoons and anime by the way.

You should pretty much read the rest of that post.

People also rarely call Disney's 2D movies cartoons.

The fact that a cartoon and an anime are executed with the same technology (cel animation, in the past) does not make them the same thing.

They aren't.

every movie uses different amounts of those variables. doesn't mean they aren't all movies fam. just stylistic and genre differences. just like anime is just a different genre of cartoon.

Japanese """""""""humor"""""""""" is perverted as hell.

And those scenes mostly involve minors.

It's about the intention, not the censorship.

Blue is The Warmest Color is made by an Arab man, and literally no one who happily watches Serbian Film would even get mad at some shitty anime tits.

Sexual perversion, pedophilia, etc.

Fantasy is always entertainment, an escapism from reality or a creation of an unrealistic ideal.

The difference between almost any two movies is miniscule compared to the differences between cartoons and anime. Pretty much all movies are based on the same principles. Cartoons and anime have completely different principles and completely different ideas about what animation is. They are two highly distinct categories of animation, and are not comparable to movie genres.

Yes, surely a staple like the accidental boob grab is terribly perverted compared to Western media where people get raped or engage in bizarre sex acts.

They involve fictional characters that don't even look like real people. And does anyone complain when Western media features actors/actresses below the age of 18 doing sexual things or being shown in a sexual sense? No, never. Obviously nobody complains about over-18 actors and actresses playing under-18 characters either.

What intention?

And?

It literally happens all the time.

What are you talking about?

If people only concerned themselves with the present reality, art wouldn't even exist. Neither would things like airplanes (people can't fly, that's just fantasy).

Jesus, you're autistic. A great deal of people who visit this site watch cartoons and anime. Your impression of implied meaning is retarded.

The highly cultured bit is kinda cunty in retrospect but its still valid, you can actually reach people that are really whacked out with good classical music

my favorite by far is Bach, his work isnt called the "music of the universe" for naught, its so sublimely put together and pleasant that even the truly wretched can find solace in it given the right circumstances

Generally sticking with the most famous is good, Mozart, bach, Beethoven, Tschaikowsky, Chopin preddy gud, there is some good "modern" stuff as well, Dvorak is a good anschluss his stuff is almost hollywood, very bombastic but it is still great music that can open a window for some

Im no expert by any means, but its not hard to get into, just google or youtube some of the greats for starts, classical music can be a huge benefit to your life and your mind, it has verifiable mental benefits and can really help order your thoughts, especially bach/mozart/Beethoven

mozarts nachtmusik is great, i like bachs cello concertos alot, pretty much all of beethovens main work, id stay away from harpsichord stuff though for starts, kinda churchy and samey imo.

Wagner was just…well first of all he mainly did really cheesy operas which makes it even more hilarious that pol always cites him, hes not "bad" that would be arrogant but he can be a bit hard to take after awhile, and hess just not technically as proficient, someone cramming for a test or trying to be creative is probably not blasting wagner, basically pol only likes him because addi was a complete fanboy

heres some dvorak, you will probably recognize it

Oh and Realpolitik is just a fancy term for geopolitics, like actual nation to nation relations sans the bilge they feed us plebs about democracy, gib clay or what not

The fact that people call anime cartoons as an insult does not make me autistic.

OK, let me explain it to you as clear as humanly possible.
"Animation is a synonym of cartoon. Japanese animation is known as anime. Anime are Japanese cartoons. There is no implied insult to this definition."

The insult was real in your mind I'm sure.

Cartoons and anime are not the same and yet Anime are still Japanese cartoons. The difference is the country of creation. Anime can b only made in Japan. And anime are Japanese cartoons.

Animation is not synonymous with cartoon, and anime and cartoons are not the same thing.

I know from a great deal of past experience on different sites that yes, people do call anime cartoons precisely because they are trying to be insulting. Don't try to deny it, it won't work.

Anime is not cartoons. Anime and cartoons are two different things. There are many, many differences between them besides country of origin.

anime is based off the same base principles as cartoons fam. they built their industry off western creators and especially disneys back. typical of the japanese tbh. no innovation, only refinement of others work.

um, yeah, I have, they are both drawn, then you film those drawings, and it looks like they move!

Yes they do, or they would just call it a disney movie because pretty much everything they used to make was cartoons

yah huh, sure my weebishly inclined friend.

listen man I have to go, but I enjoyed this, I hope I get a chance to discuss japanese cartoons with you weeb guys again, some of you are alright

No, "cartoon" and "animation" are synonyms.
and when we asked you about their differences you fall to circular reasoning and "nuh-uh" argumentation.

Their principles are totally different.

Disney was influential in certain ways in the post-war years, but anime went in a completely different direction. It isn't Disney 2.0, it's something else entirely.

Doesn't matter.

I said "rarely," i.e. I recognize that sometimes people call them cartoons. But mostly they don't.

You could use a text editor and a C compiler to make a 2D isometric turn-based strategy game. You could also use a text editor and a C compiler to make a first person 3D arena shooter. You could also accomplish both with the Unity engine. Are they the same game because they were made using the same technology? Obviously they aren't.

How am I a "weebishly inclined"?

They're not identical. "Animation" and "cartoon" are synonyms. If anime is Japanese animation, then anime are also Japanese cartoons.
You are aware that you're arguing with multiple people, right?

its cartoons with culturally influenced plots and a slightly different standard drawing style. the base principles remain the same.

They are different, in so much as that cartoons made in Japan are known as "anime".

The japs have hentai and mangas that cover all that stuff. For example Berzerk.

They do look like an idealized form of human being. And that's escapism on it's own.

When did it happen?

Intention to watch and create lustful acts.

Citation needed. Serbian Film is repulsive trash that only the sickest of the sick would watch happily. Maybe people like Eli Roth.

The show is blatantly intended for pedophile perverts.

I'm not saying that fantasy can't be art or fantasy shouldn't exist, but the most truthful of art form comes from realistic scenario that doesn't expect a suspension of disbelief from it's audience. Dostoevsky, Kafka, Bruegel, Da Vinci's Mona Lisa, and so on.

Dis gonna be gud.

They are not.

When asked what makes cartoons and anime the same you fall to "they're both animation!"

But the answer is that everything is different between them: character design, animation techniques, backgrounds, cinematography, camera work, editing, music, sound design, voice acting and writing, and more. Anime is derived from cinema and uses the same techniques and principles in pursuit of the same goals and has also developed many of its own features. Cartoons are not derived from cinema and are based on very different ideas. So obviously when you try to argue they're the same all you can come up with is "they're both animation!" Because that probably is the only thing they have in common.

They are not.

It doesn't matter when you're all on the same side saying the same things.

Their principles could not possibly be any more different as explained above. And their drawing styles aren't just "slightly" different.

Cartoons made in Japan are cartoons, not anime.

We have never said they interchangeable. "Cartoon" and "animation" are synonyms. Anime are Japanese cartoons.

ahhgaa i just cant leeeavve

first of all you are quoting me quoting you and are clearly confusing yourself at this point, i said they ARE the same thing, or the same genus if you will, you are the one saying they arent

bwahahaha this is a hilarious rant, are you trying to prove to me your devgayme skills tovarish? they are still both VIDEO GAMES you mook, not some radical new thing. Just like both disney and animu are cartoons. you really are on the spectrum arent you?

also Unity is shit

You use the "doesn't matter cause I say so" tactic a lot when you get backed in a corner don't you?

They are marginal and rarely seen on TV. "Hentai" manga is usually not serious, and since it's all stylized drawings it's much more disconnected from reality than live action TV and cinema.

Which just happens to be one of the most popular and acclaimed series in the West… I wonder why.

And?

When did what happen?

You are seriously delusional if you think there exists a "citation" for something like that. And Serbian Film was just an example, what I'm talking about has nothing specifically to do with it.

What show?

They are not synonyms and anime is not Japanese cartoons.

It's very obvious that I'm not.

In much the same way that cartoons and anime are both animation, and I never said they aren't.

Anime is not cartoons.

No.

100% irrelevant to what we're talking about.

Anime is nip cartoons.

No. Anime and cartoons are two different things.

They are one and the same.

Based on what? Don't tell me: they're the same because they're both animation. Unfortunately that has already been debunked. Do you have anything else?

its not very obvious that yer not actually, that was a pretty spergy out of nowhere little rant with useless details about an unrelated topic

and common english dictates that cartoons is a synonym for animation, so yeah cartoons=anime=animation, so anime is clearly cartoons

Also Unity is kinda shit, yer the one that brought it up muchacho

If you mean what I said about games, that was an analogy to explain that two things are not necessarily the same just because they use the same technology. It was not a "rant" and it was completely related to the topic.

It isn't. Cartoons are a subset of animation.

It clearly isn't.

I didn't bring it up so we could debate its merits, which I know or care nothing about anyway. Whether or not Unity is good is absolutely irrelevant. The fact that I mentioned Unity does not mean its quality is relevant to what we're talking about.

I have read the thread. You haven't debunked anything. Just repeated over and over that they are different for reasons you never quite around to explaining. Other than listing off the techniques that any film or show uses without bothering to explain why these things support your point.

But I just did.

I just explained how they support it.

Also the burden of proof is not on me. It is on you. You must prove that cartoons and anime are the same. You have failed to do so again and again and again.

sooo…youre not gonna address the morpheus in the room…

they are though, thats how language works you group things into things

the text adventure you made in qbasic is just as much a video game as the witcher, or the other shitty game you made with assets from the unity store.

sure there are major differences but its still correct to call them all video games, just like it is correct to call animehs cartoons

the burden of proof is on you, everyone else here has come to the consensus that anime=cartoons, the english language seems to agree, the japanese language as well

please address the leddit morpheus when he is talking to you

They aren't though, and I just demonstrated that they aren't. Two video games are not the same thing just because they are built using the same technology. Likewise, two animations are not the same thing just because they are built using the same technology.

I have already said several times that anime and cartoons are both animation.

Cartoons are a subset of animation, and anime is another subset. It is incorrect to say that anime is cartoons.

But you didn't. You just listed techniques, no actual explanation of how these things make your point. You would be a huge liability to a debate team. Unless the goal was to outlast the other side by dogged repeating of nonsense.

No, the burden of proof is not on me. It is on the people claiming that cartoons and anime are the same thing.

Your "consensus" does not mean anything.

I would claim that the burden of proof lies elsewhere if I were you too. Since it seems that you are incapable of actually defending your stance with anything besides repeating that you are right.

yes they are they are both video games. Just like anime and disney are both cartoons.

This is probably the greatest thread on /tv since the

thread and possibly a few slapfights since then but it is getting silly and ive gotta go to bed mane, are you going to address the fact that the japs call western cartoons "western anime" or not, because that kind of ruins the entire little house of autism you have built yourself here, I cant confirm it obviously because i dont into moonrunes but im sure I could find out

just gonna link it real quick case you lost track

Anime is a subset of cartoons. A Japanese subset.

I explained that cartoons and anime differ from each other in all those areas, and I explained that anime is derived from cinema and uses the same principles etc. where the same is not true for cartoons.

If you are really saying you still don't get it yet, then let's use Hibike! Euphonium as an example. It's a more or less realistic drama series about a high school wind instrument club as they train for and participate in competitions. It's set in real locations with very detailed backgrounds, and it uses a very cinematic style of filmmaking (camera angles and movement, framing, composition, editing, lighting, focus). It has details like the camera being placed on the floor and shaking when a character runs past it, the light being temporarily blinding when characters leave a dark tunnel, drinks having droplets on them in the summer heat due to condensation, windows having accurate reflections depending on the day of time and lighting, a loudspeaker announcement strongly echoing because in real life the loudspeakers strongly echo in that area because of its geography, and so on. The production team set out to make everything very realistic by focusing on many small details like this, in addition to using cinematic techniques. In order to tell a dramatic story.

This is not how cartoons are made. This is not how cartoon producers think. This is not what cartoons are trying to accomplish. We are talking about two totally different ways of approaching animation.

sakugabooru.com/post/show/16157/
youtube.com/watch?v=pAcXt-NOb1U

This is all very obvious stuff and I should not have to explain it to anyone.

alright youve got 5 mikes to respond to morpheus-san or im countin it and throwing in the towel, the autism levels are just too damn high

Wrong board.

They're not the same game, but they're all still games. Western cartoons and Japanese cartoons are not the same, but they're still both cartoons.

its still moving pictures that someone drew, i.e. a cartoon. Are you going to talk to morpheus-san or not? hes waiting for you to take le blue/red pill:

fuck HERES morpheus:

you know wat you have to do neo

So what does that make anime that doesn't fit that mold, like Gdgd fairies?

No, all cartoons made in Japan are known as "anime".

Disney and anime are both animation. Cartoons are animation but an animation is not necessarily a cartoon.

Anime is short for animation, and in Japan it is often but not exclusively used as a synonym for animation. This is completely irrelevant however as it's just a semantic argument.

Why is it that we have different boards, different threads and different sites for anime and Western animation, or anime and "cartoons"? Why do the Wikipedia articles for Disney, Ghibli, American animation, anime, American comics and manga have such stark differences in how they use or do not use the word cartoon? Why do anti-anime activists always go out of their way to call anime cartoons, and particularly children's cartoons, when they could use "animation" or "Japanese animation" or anime" instead? Why do they often innocently insist that cartoon is a neutral term that's just synonymous with animation, but eventually lose patience and say something like "you just don't want people calling anime cartoons because you can't admit they're childish" or "you just want people to think anime is something more than it really is"?

Anime is a subset of animation. Cartoons are another subset.

Cartoons and anime are differnt subsets of animation.

This is either a bold-faced lie, or you are just stupid and/or uneducated. The most basic principles and assumptions behind cartoons and anime are completely different from each other. Hibike is an attempt to create cinematic reality in meticulous detail while telling a dramatic story about normal people in a real everyday setting; it has nothing to do with the likes of Bugs Bunny and Tom & Jerry. It's a totally different approach to animation.

That's not what cartoon means, and the fact that they're both animated doesn't mean anything.

Plenty of Cartoons tell dramatic stories like Watership Down and even more use the cinematic flourishes that you have mentioned. Nothing the Japanese are doing sets their cartoons apart from what other countries are doing. This is a poor attempt at proving that Anime is sufficiently different to warrant separate classification.

Have you met the average /a/ user? You know why.

That's because "cartoon" and "animation" are synonyms.
Still not one person.
See there you go with your nuh-uh argumentation again.

jews

I never said all anime is exactly like Hibike, nor did I say that all commercial animation produced in Japan is anime. Hibike is just a very clear representation of the differences between cartoons and anime. Almost all anime follows the same principles as Hibike does even if they don't take them as far.

Cartoons and anime are two different things.

Not all Western animations are cartoons, and even if we expand this to include all Western animation it doesn't make too much of a difference. The sort of things that anime does on a routine basis are rare exceptions in Western animation and usually seen in vague or incomplete form.

I was not talking about their cartoons.

Anime is very different and more than deserves a separate classification.

There are Western anime viewers outside of /a/.

They are not.

Still doesn't matter.

As opposed to your "cartoons and animation/anime are synonymous" argumentation, which is so much better?

finally, thank you for summing up your pointless deluge of autism

yeah no its pretty exclusive, any exceptions are irrelevant, anime means animation even in japan, animation means cartoons, anime=cartoons

Im glad we could finally settle this

There is no autism, and why are you thanking me for refuting something you said?

It isn't.

Animation does not mean cartoons. Cartoons are a subset of animation. Anime is another, different subset.

you just admitted its a synonym, except it isnt, unless it is, but it doesnt matter?

so what yer saying is anime=cartoons?

Anime and cartoons are different subsets of animation. They are not the same tihng.

At least they have offered something verifiable to support their argument. A dictionary definition may be a thin reed but at least it can be verified outside of "take my word for it bruh".

There is nothing to support that argument.

There is that "take my word for it" shit again

…except the english and the japanese language

I think we have pretty solidly established here that anime=cartoons, you have aided greatly in this endeavor

I have never seen someone who undercuts their own argument as stubbornly as this guy does.

I guess that makes sense if your mind is riddled with autism.

thats fuckin rich coming from you bruh

anyhow im glad you helped me soldifiy my opinion on the important topic of whether or not anime=cartoons, which I can now confirm with a resounding yes

The word cartoon comes from its non-animated predecessors (e.g. newspaper cartoons), and when the term started being applied to animation it was not just the generic idea of animation they were applying it to; they were applying it to the animation that was being produced at the time in America, i.e. stuff like Mickey Mouse (which was not too dissimilar to newspaper cartoons). That's what the word was associated with. American animation continued along the same lines even into the television age (to this day in fact), and animation came to be seen as something exclusively for children. That's what people were talking about when they talked about cartoons. Anime, which was still decades away and even more decades away from gaining real recognition, did not factor into the way people used the word.

But now suddenly cartoon is supposedly this totally neutral term that was always just a synonym for animation in its most generic sense, and nothing more. Then why does this argument keep cropping up again and again? How often do you see someone object to people calling anime animation or Japanese animation? How often do people debate the distinction between film and movie?

It was never a neutral word, it referred to certain kinds of animations which people treated in certain ways.

This is another thing that's pretty obvious and shouldn't need to be explained.

We've established no such thing.

I never said anything about things being "artful" and "profound."

Anime and cartoons are different subsets of animation.

Don't believe Satan's lies.

We have established it. Your bleating of "totally real and profound differences guys" has not been proven in any way. Your autism is all that keeps you going.

Cartoon is used to cover basically any drawn show. Except stuff like claymation or completely computer created work.

This guy reminds me of Indiana Jones is not a trilogy guy.

Western cartoons and Japanese cartoons are still cartoons. Because "cartoon" and "animation" are synonyms.

>INB4 nuh-uh.

this thread is pretty fuggin great isnt it?

here I am, sitting in bed watching the democratic party explode into weiner and indictment confetti, and i get such a solid stream of autism as a sidedish

truly we live in the future

and "cartoon" and "animation" are synonyms.

Anime is derived from cinema. It uses the same techniques and principles to achieve the same goals. Cartoons are not derived from cinema and do not function the same way or have the same goals. Anime has a great deal in common with cinema but almost none with cartoons. If anime is supposed to be the same as cartoons then cinema has to be the same as cartoons too, except nobody has ever argued such a thing.

In all the areas I've mentioned before (character design, animation, music, writing etc.) we can observe very dramatic differences between cartoons and anime. For example cartoon music is based on following the action so closely that it takes on the role of sound effects (it's called "Mickey Mousing"). It's very distinct and people would in hindsight call it cartoon or cartoony music. Anime uses music about the same way modern cinema does and isn't limited to the same instruments that cartoons used.

The only similarity people can come up with is that they are both animation, which as has been established many times already does not mean anything.

Cartoon doesn't mean that.

Your point?

I never said Japanese cartoons aren't cartoons. I in fact already said multiple times that they are.

Cartoon and animation are not synonymous.

Cartoon and animation are not synonymous.

Except for when it isn't. But that doesn't count, because you said so.

There's plenty of anime that doesn't derive from cinema, but that doesn't count because it goes against the point you're trying to make.

No, it derives from animation/cartoon. All of the base principles come from that source.

You want it to be one way but its the other.

We never said they were the same. We have said that animation and cartoon are synonyms, therefore the statements "Western animation and Japanese animation are both subsets of animation." and "Western cartoons and Japanese cartoons are both subsets of cartoons" are two different ways too say the same thing. Not all cartoons are western cartoons.

Anime is derived from cinema, and a cinematic approach is the standard seen in nearly every anime.

Osamu Tezuka is considered the god/father of manga. He created manga as we know it today, and aspired to emulate cinematic techniques in his works. He then essentially created anime too by adapting one of his works, Astro Boy, which became Japan's first real TV animation and laid the foundations of anime. Manga adaptations became popular, and both manga artists and anime producers took inspiration from cinema. Cinematic techniques are integral to anime.

But "anime is clearly cartoons" is somehow a great argument?

It's been repeatedly asserted they're the same.

They aren't.

Tezuka headed the animation production studio Mushi Production ("Bug Production"), which pioneered TV animation in Japan. The distinctive "large eyes" style of Japanese animation was invented by Tezuka drawing inspiration from Western cartoons and animated films of the time such as Betty Boop, Mickey Mouse and other Disney cartoons.

Yes, I know. What's your point?

That the creator of anime was aping western cartoons. So anime is Japanese cartoons from its very inception.

People can have more than one thing influencing their work. The fact that Tezuka was a Disney fan and based his character design on American animation does not mean he also didn't employ cinematic techniques in his manga (cartoons did not do this), tell much more longer and complex narratives than cartoons, and take influence from other sources like the Takarazuka Revue which he was also a fan of.

Astro Boy used cinematic techniques, it was adapted from a manga telling a serialized story over a long period of time, and it used limited animation techniques which were in stark contrast to what cartoons were built on. American television animation also had to dial down its animation quality, but it didn't do so in the same way that Astro Boy did.

Astro Boy looked somewhat cartoonish, but it was also the first anime, and later anime would look different from it.

You're clearly buttmad about anti-anime people too a autistic degree. Just because we say that cartoon and animation are synonyms doesn't make us anti-anime people. I think your illogical denial of reality is indicative of a possible victim complex.
And animation and cartoon are synonyms.

It doesn't matter if anime utilizes the same principles as live-action cinema. If there is a majority drawn element to the film it is a animated film, and as animation and cartoon are synonyms it is also a cartoon.

and animation and cartoon are synonyms.

not all cartoons are highly-stylized and intended for a child audience.If it is animated it is a cartoon.

Approach is irreverent. It's a animated film and animation and cartoon are synonyms.
If it's animated it's a cartoon.

Western cartoons (cartoons made in the U.S, Europe, and Australia) and Japanese cartoons (known as anime) are two subsets of cartoons.

Cartoon are animation are synonyms.

It's better because it's the commonly held and esally verifiable definition.

No it doesn't, it was originally used as a name for sketches to solidify composition before a painting was started in medieval and renaissance Italy.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

You're welcome m80.

You're clearly shifting blame.
It doesn't necessarily mean someone is anti-anime, it just most likely does.
What am I denying?
No. They are different subsets of animation.
It's one of the things that makes anime completely different from cartoons, so yes it does matter.
They are not synonymous.
In the early days of cartoons they weren't intended for children or weren't necessarily intended for children, but that didn't last long.
Cartoons are animation but an animation is not necessarily a cartoon.
It can't be irrelevant when it results in anime and cartoons being completely different from each other.
Cartoons are animation but an animation is not necessarily a cartoon.
Japanese cartoons are not known as anime, since anime and cartoons are two different things.
It's not a commonly held belief.
I've already explained at length why cartoons and anime aren't the same thing.
I know that, but it's irrelevant to what I was talking about.

tezukaosamu.net/en/about/1980.html

web.archive.org/web/20050220082952/home.comcast.net/~hasshin/tezukaint.html

web.archive.org/web/20071024152609/http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/jmurphy/JPT3500file/JPT.Projectfile/Jpt/Mickey.html

imdb.com/name/nm0856804/bio

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osamu_Tezuka

What is your point?

That Osamu Tezuka "The Japanese Godfather of Modern Day Manga and Anime" was heavily influenced by Western Cartoons such as Disney.

That had already been established in the thread, and I explained why it doesn't mean what people think it means.

Poorly.

[Citation Needed]

No matter how many times you say it, it's not going to be true.

They're similar in so much as they're animated.

Cartoons made in Japan is literally the definition of anime.

The other posters, me, and various dictionary’s would beg to differ

Yes, based on faulty and contradictory logic.

Sure you did.

I'm tired, I'm going to bed. This autism is to much for me.

Why are you trying to demonize me for making a factual statement?

What was poor about it?

It's objectively real. I've dealt with these people so many times and I know what they are like.

People really need to start learning when it is and isn't appropriate to ask for citations.

I've refuted it many times throughout this thread.

It is true.

And Star Citizen and Tetris are similar in so much as they're video games. So what?

It literally isn't.

I've already pointed out how the word is used on Wikipedia, how people rarely call Disney movies for example cartoons, and how anti-anime activists often slip and unwittingly admit that they don't really think cartoon is a synonym for animation even if they initially try to claim it is.

It is.

What was faulty and contradictory about it?

Again, it is irrelevant. If you think it's relevant then explain how.

I am not autistic just because I don't share your belief system.

This is one of the most autistic threads I've seen.

I was going to suggest we've reached signature spice levels, but we're clearly well beyond that.

It's like arguing what's the difference between food and cuisine, to me and I think most ppl, it indicates a difference in quality and origin, and while a master chef may create gourmet dishes using hotdogs, that dishes existence doesn't invalid the distinction.

bump

Cartoons and anime are not just words with slightly different connotations describing the same thing or almost the same thing, they are two completely different things.

So you are saying you will blindly accept any dictionary definition even if it can be demonstrated to be wrong? Dictionaries, again, are no the word of god; they are written by people. People make mistakes and don't know everything. A dictionary is not a mystical codex of wisdom that is guaranteed to be 100% right.

What is wrong with asking someone what their point is? What is wrong with pointing out that a word doesn't mean what someone thinks it does?

whycan'tipost