Bryan Fuller, who co-created the series with Alex Kurtzman, is exiting as showrunner

deadline.com/2016/10/star-trek-discovery-bryan-fuller-steps-down-showrunner-1201843506/

How fucked is this series? They haven't even casted the lead yet.

idiots.

The jew that wrote Batman and Robin, turbo faggotry.

There's still enough time for them to cancel the show before anything is shot at least.

didn't kirstie alley play a lieutenant in wrath of khan/search for spock (i forget which one she's in)?

i'm assuming they'll want someone who matches the following specs:

- poc
- generally unknown, but has a few noteworthy roles that critics openly praised (mainly for her diversity, of course)
- fits the new hollywood standard of not being traditionally beautiful, but more on the side of j-law beautiful (pounds of makeup and some fat around the body)
- may or may not be a lesbian, perhaps bisexual if possible

She was in Wrath. Her character was played by someone else in Search (she wanted too much money).

yeah, saavik was her name, right? she was a lieutenant if i'm not mistaken?

How hard is it to find a black woman that can act? Ohh.

She was meant to be a replacement for Spock after he died in Wrath of Kahn but since they brought him back to life they didn't need her anymore.

I don't know whether I'd rather this gets cancelled or they end up casting a FUCKING WHITE MALE as the main character and have to eat shit from tumblr.

CBS is just waiting to be reemerged with Viacom so they can use elements from the current film series

Literally the only reason to care about this project.

Did they fix the shitty video game graphics?

How can they fix the graphics for a show that doesn't exist?

do you think they'll still try to shove in fag propaganda?

As far as I'm concerned, the franchise is dead. Star Trek Beyond killed it for me.

Beyond was actually okay.

Is into darkness the worst star trek movie?

It's grimdark serious modern shit. The only other competitor is Nemesis.

No that was Generations.

Into Darkness was the worst film pretending to be a Star Trek film that's also a 9/11 Truther film.

This series is DOA. They should just scrap the whole idea before they lose too much and come up with something else. You know they won't though.

Into Darkness is utterly offensive and wosr of the Kelvin movies. It steals so much from early films on a desperate attempt in being faithful to the originals, but at the same time uses all these stolen ideas without any kind of context and subtlety while being a bad action flick.

Beyond is the best simply because it has good character interactions without turning them into caricatures and is a competent action-adventure movie with clear objectives and payoffs, respecting and paying subtle homepage to the originals.

looks like we got some non-whites posting here, folks. that or you're RLM.

STD's motto is to boldly poz where no aids has gone before.

You know when a show is fucked when you start the production with "muh diversity is the only thing that matters" and that you still haven't started to shoot the pilot while you're supposed to deliver a full season to the network by january 2017 (CBS has pushed the season premiere back to may if I remember correctly).

As for the Kelvin timeline, if the people at Bad Robot were smart enough they could've built tension between the Federation and the Klingons in their second movie that would lead to a galactic war during the third. Too bad they went for an easy shitty Wrath of Khan remake.

This.

not sure if upgrade or downgrade

What kind of faggotry is this?

I enjoyed Beyond the least, simply because it was the same plot for the third time in a row (mentally unstable renegade with a tragic backstory has a grudge against the Federation). Maybe it made the most effort to be like real Star Trek, but it was too little, too late.

At least Nemesis was a proper Star Trek movie. It wasn't good but even the bad pre-Abrams movies aren't irredeemable because they try to present ideas instead of being mindless CGI driven action fests like all of Abrams' movies are.

it just looks so uninteresting, especially knowing the "twist".

I recall an article was clearly casting for a poc, but it could always be asian. Jokes aside, you fags gaven't mentioned the most important failure they've announced in this shit.

THEY WILL NOT REVEAL THE MC'S NAME UNTIL THE END OF THE FIRST SEASON

Now, after the dust on this settles, can I finally be allowed to of enjoyed Enterprise, except for s3? Also, they could probably revive Star Trek by flogging it to Netflix, who seem to make shit original series and somewhat decent licensed ones.

The main character is obviously related to an existing character, or holding back their name would mean nothing. So who is it? Kirk? Picard? Khan? I bet it's fucking Khan, they can't leave that guy alone for five minutes.

Uhura if it's a black actress
Khan if it's a paki, or maybe a latino because this pasty Mexican was the real Khan
or some random admiral/other captain from TOS/movies I-VI, since lately the trend is to act like TOS was the only Trek.

If STD takes place before TOS then it could be Pike.

iirc it takes place 10 years before tos

iirc it takes place 10 years before tos

This being shit doesn't suddenly make Enterprise good

hehe STD

Season 3 was the best part of Enterprise. It was the most original too. I enjoyed

Remember we use to see nipples on network tv?

but Pike's FUCKING A WHITE MALE.

T'pol was pretty fucking hot. Too bad we're not likely to see anyone like her on TV ever again.

Those tits were the best part of Enterprise

Look how sad Scott is. I'd be shattered if I wans't playing Gibbs on NCIS and earning that sweet 2mill an episode.

Who's the artist behind that image?

Ben Garrison.

she's fucked jim

she's fucked jim

Fringe was a great show… until they decided to make the Observers the bad guys

Fuck this ill go watch reruns of Sea Quest

except that was completely spelled out in a first (or maybe second) season episode.

Have any sets pictures been released? Do we even know what the bridge will look like? Have they cast anyone yet? How long does it take to pre-produce a show like this? A year?