Deadpool Director, Ryan Reynolds Clashed Over Cable Casting

Earlier today, Deadpool fans were dealt a major blow when it was reported that director Tim Miller, a man who eats, sleeps, and breathes comic books, won't be back to helm the sequel. When the news first broke, it was reported that Miller left the project due to "creative differences" with its star, Ryan Reynolds (Green Lantern), but no details were provided.

Now, after doing some digging, Umberto "El Mayimbe" Gonzalez of The Wrap is claiming the two clashed over the sequel's tone and who should play Cable — the powerful time-traveling mutant with a bionic arm and a messiah complex

"Miller, who owns a visual effects studio and we’re told did much of the polishing work on the original Deadpool for free, wanted more of a stylized sequel, while the actor placed his focus more on the raunchy comedy style that earned the first movie its R rating," The Wrap reports. "The casting issue also eventually came to a head over Kyle Chandler‘s rumored participation. Miller wanted the Bloodline star to play Cable, though Reynolds did not. Ultimately, the studio backed its marketable star, and the man behind the camera packed up his lenses."

While it appeared as though Miller and Reynolds had a good working relationship, The Wrap also claims the two have a "contentious relationship" and hardly communicate with each other. Additionally, when Reynolds renegotiated his contract for Deadpool 2, he asked and received "casting approval and other creative controls," so 20th Century Fox and Miller couldn't just dismiss Reynolds's suggestions.

comicbook.com/2016/10/22/deadpool-director-ryan-reynolds-clashed-over-cable-casting/

why are directors such whiny bitches?

He sounds like he's in the right, it's Reynolds making a power grab. Actors taking creative control rarely works out well.

Reynolds is right.

Then who?

Why Steven Lang of course

damn, good pic.

Kevin Nash

What did he mean by this?

No literally, what did he mean by this? It sounds like we're not being told the real reason why they clashed and stylized sequel doesn't sound like it would interfere with raunchy comedy.

I'm guessing the director wanted a more serious, grimdark capeshit outing and Reynolds wanted more weed, dick, and fart jokes.

Hey, guys. It's Cable.

Damn was right.

I'm with Reynolds on this one. I'm not sure what crawled up Miller's ass, but what kind of dumb shit is this?

Holy Hell, thank you, Ryan. What's wrong with getting a buff older actor to fill the role?

Alright, gotta side with Reynolds on this one.

I think maybe "Reynolds wants to focus on raunchy humor" might be spin. He was pretty obsessive about getting the first one as close to comic accurate as they'd let him. This is a passion project for him.

Cable is supposed to play straightman to Deadpool's character. The Walter to the Mask, the Batman to the Joker, Abbot & Costello, Laurel & Hartie, etc.

I liked this guy fine as a guy who stops bad things from happening armed with a newspaper from the future given to him by a cat acting as an agent of God, but I absolutely cannot see him as Cable.

So who should replace Tim Miller?

Is he the one who came up with the cringey wade wilson lines? I'm not talking about when he's deadpool but still a regular human.

That shit nearly ruined the film for me.

i'm all for lang, dude purposely put his heart and soul into buffing up for the role and miller doesn't understand the character as much as reynolds does imo.

i mean yeah, deadpool isn't all fart and dick jokes, but that shit is so far up reynolds' alley that you can hardly have a serious moment with him. even when there are serious moments, he still squeezes in a laugh.

Fuck you, it should be Mel

Having seen Deadpool, I'm not quite sure why Holla Forums hates the movie so much, except for , which while cringey, was also part of the character so forgiveable.

Many of the references and fourth-wall jokes were even funny (inb4 >reddit) and the action was excellent.

Reynolds is right

I hope that's not just what Reynolds wants, Deadpool wasn't just great because it was a raunchy superhero comedy.

look at me guys! I'm so le meta xDDDDDD

In this case it's a faithful adaptation, so your argument is null.

I'm guessing you're full of shit.

grow up kid

It was probably the overreaction to the pegging 'scene' and marketing's occasional lip service to "stronk female characters" which turned out not really to be true in the film.

Movie is not great by any means, but it is done competently enough, especially as far as capeshit goes. Best parts of the film were when Deadpool interacted with Colossus, so hopefully whoever they get as cable will be as good in filling in the straight man role.

a faithful adaptation of shit is still shit

so you just don't like deadpool, period. faggot.

I don't like reddit tier metashit in general

Cable is meant to be the son of Cyclops, put grey hair on him and he's fine.

Everyone suddenly questioning the guy that made a Deadpool movie even though everyone told him it would fail.

Deadpool is high school freshman virgin tier humor. If you unironically think the movie was anything higher than a 7 AT BEST and I'm being very generous with that you are officially a pleb.

It was fun, which is more that I can say about every other capeshit movie except the first Iron Man. You could at least tell that people who made it actually cared about the IP enough to try.

and RLM loved it. The pegging scene was Oscar tier for them.

Deadpool tired to be the One Punch Man of capeshit but all it offered was shitty 4th wall XD and bland action. Also the whole romance thing was pretty lame along with the "origin" story. Nobody cares about that shit.

sounds like One Punch Man all right

My, my, what a surprise.

No it doesn't. I mean, I also liked E;R's video, but come on.

See, this is why you cast unknown schmucks. Could've casted a good stuntman and search for a wisecracking unknown guy to spew the funny lines.
But no, actors gotta have their ego trips and show their faces whenever they can, like Iron Manlet.

Disregard that, I suck dicks.
Good call on Reynolds about the Cable casting, that guy looks like a faggot, should've chosen a buff older dude.

It was a better X-Men films than the actual X-Men films. Only things I disliked were the references to Adventure Tim and Whale Simone.

Do you just take things you hate and look for every excuse you can to shoehorn it into threads no matter how unfitting they may be?

I don't like Reynolds outside of Voices, and I didn't bother with Deadpool, but Chandler is completely wrong. Cable is a super beefy, grimfaced, battle scarred oak tree.

great speech user.

don't you mean one punch man tried to be the deadpool of manga?

cameron said he will be focus of next movie, hoping so

also