Characters are meant to be Japanese

Why weren't SJWs ranting about "whitewashing" when this movie came out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qpZbu7J7UL4&list=PLDbSvEZka6GEM_JJp1glNxb0q-HCYUT9J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What did the characters in the comic look like?

I had no idea there was a comic book, SJWs probably didn't either.

Fairly fucking different.

Could be because people expect Disney animation to make movise only suggested by the source material? I mean, compare Frozen to The Ice Queen.

Even at that, they're still meant to be Nips, but they're clearly modeled as if they're Americans.

The movie is set in a fictional anagram of San Francisco and Japan

OP, I hope you're not actually pretending to have read Big Hero 6.

They fucking hate them because they're all heavily nationalist, why do you think niggers and Arabs are forced into everything but not Koreans or Chinese people?

There are only a few issues they're actually in. They have two miniseries that all together last a mere eight issues (the average American comic has around 22 pages excluding ads, so that's only 176 pages in total) and they made a few cameos after that.
You could read everything they've been in within four-or-so hours.

My point is that they're not beloved characters by any means, or even big parts of the MU. Getting mad about this is sort of pointless.

I'm kind of surprised the movie even got made.

I'm more bewildered than anything else.
I would have thought Disney off all companies to be the last to change the race of a character to white.
But true, BH6 were really obscure Marvel heros. I don't know why Disney bought the rights.

Stop trying to damage control.

:DDD

Does anyone even remember this movie? It was only moderately successful while everything else before and after was a mega hit.

Shame tbh because bigger profits might have gotten them to do some other marvel properties.

Talking about the disney animation movies of course

artist name?

user SPOILERS

Because they bought Marvel

That sounds awesome user.

I think that it eve won the oscar for best animated movie. It was the most forgettable disney animated movie in recent time I think.

meanwhile
smh tbh at the oscars

He's a big hero

People know it exists but most of us didn't watch it due to MUH ASIAN pandering bullshit.

Looking at the wiki page it actually did really well. It wasn't a billion dollars but still a smash hit.

The ones who decide who wins don't even watch the movies and just hand the award to disney

I read about this. They don't consider animated movies a legitimate artform or some shit, so just hand the awards to anything Disney or Pixar.

Changing them from being Asians was the best thing this movie did. The original comic was fucking idiotic weeaboo bullshit that was frankly pretty racist.

The film took place in futuristic San Francisco, you silly goose.

By "racist", he meant that the Japanese people were film stereotypes. Kind of like how white people stereotyped to be evil discriminatory people. You guys get angry at Tarantino films, right?

It's not bad, just cringe-tier.

Because they've never read it. Big Hero 6 is one of the worst instances of raceswapping ever, but no one complained because no one read the comic. There was however one change that was for the better, and the sole reason people liked the film, but I'll get to that in a bit.

The comic was supposed to be Marvel's Japan team. Alpha Flight is Canada's team, Desert Sword is a team covering the entire Middle East, the UK has both Captain Britain and Union Jack, Texas has the Rangers, and so on.

Big Hero 6 was supposed to reference all of Japan's super hero stereotypes, but it was made by someone with very little exposure to it.

The original team was Hiro, Baymax, Honey and Gogo along with Sunfire and Silver Samurai. The latter two are tied to the X-Men, so the book was briefly revamped without them.

In the comic, Hiro is more modeled after Detective Conan. Baymax is modeled after Godzilla. Gogo is virtually unchanged power-wise, except she can transform into a metroid ball and deliver explosions on impact. Honey Lemon is based on Cutey Honey. Her gimmick in the comic is similar to the movie, only instead of combining chemicals, she had a purse with a pocket dimension inside of it, so she could pull out whatever the situation required, be it weapons or armor or whatever. She was basically the team's Black Widow, and she too was Japanese despite being blonde.

Wasabi was a very bland Sushi chef, and Fredzilla could transform into an actual giant kaiju, but this made Baymax kind of redundant.

Baymax I think was the smartest change, as he went from a generic lizard robot to something cute and cuddly that allows Hiro to show off his abilities by designing armor to put on him.

Wasabi has laser gauntlets, which makes him closer in inspiration to the Silver Samurai who wielded a sword that could cut through anything. Fredzilla just gets a dumb robotic mascot suit and seems totally useless.

The way these changes are justified is combining Tokyo with (ugh) San Francisco. The opening scene names the city as San Fransokyo and shows the goldengate bridge with Asian-inspired arches.

Personally, I always thought their exploration of Japanese tropes was rather shallow. I would have added to their team cheerful witch character to fit the Magical Girl trope, a guy who transforms into a power rangers/kamen rider type suit and rides a motorcycle, an insecure, small-chested teenage girl who transforms into a giant, busty and curvacious female character like Ultraman to fight kaiju, a ninja and/or some sort of martial artist who fights using special techniques as can be seen in so much of their shonen stuff. Maybe something based off a Japanese myth like a Tengu or an Oni or something.

>>>/tumblr/

They probably changed it to quasi-San Francisco because none of the writers or animators have ever been outside of California for more than a day.

It's an American movie, and Japanese people don't literally have yellow skin any more than white people literally have white skin. Also the slur you're looking for is nip. Gook is for Koreans.

I know only one Asian guy, and his skin is fucking weird.
He's not brown like a black guy or tanned like a Mexican, his skin is the same rough colour as a white person but a darker shade. as if he was standing in the shadow of a tree or something.

so this is a future where Japan won WW2 and conquered the US?

So is he Fillipino or something?

You know your idea sounds pretty good. maybe you should turn it into a comic.

Why do you always do multiple posts instead of just replying to different people in one post?

Bad habit I guess. I'll try to respond to multiple people in a single post from now on.

No, that's "autistic." Nobody can explain why, but it just is.

wasn't that in the 80's then their economy went into a recession which they haven't recovered from since?

Hong Kong, actually.

Last time I checked Japan was still 99% ethnically Japanese.

So he's Chinese then? I've noticed with Chinese they can come in many different shades compared to Japanese and Koreans.

Ha ha ha you try anything funny and I'll sue your mothefucking ass you little shithead. Ha ha The capeshit belongs to Disney corp., so you better keep your whore mouth shut before I go over to the shithole you call a home and cram my 14" boots so hard up your ass that your breath smells like brand new sneakers

That goes double for space glowsticks, you miserable little pleb. Ha ha.

I was suggesting he make a fan comic. Not make an official thing and make money out of it you jew mouse.

Damn, I want to brutally rape and impregnate that dike bitch.

did he say it wasn't?

Oh we got us a smartass, you can get away with slightly similar characters, ha, we've used copyright to exploit and monopolize entertainment before your mommy's daddy fucked her little cunny as we're gonna keep shitting princesses up your daughters rectum for millenia to come.

Do they think they have big eyes and blue hair (you gotta have blue hair)?

What happened to all the japs in the city?

GTFO faggot. Comic poster is a bro, he often comes to cape shit threads and makes them interesting.

Is the original comics worth reading?

I thought they were kinda meh, I picked up the first issue when it came out, but didn't maintain much interest after that. I mostly picked it up because I was only familiar with Silver Samurai as a Wolverine villain and I was curious what plot device would make him good for this team. The only original character I was all that interested in on the team was Gogo. Mechanical speedsters are surprisingly rare.

Altogether it's only 8 issues though, and I have the scans. I could storytime the whole thing if you like. It is substantially different from the movie. Baymax in particular.

Polyle.

No one read the comics because they were kind of shit and the characters weren't especially interesting. "Racebending" aside, the movie had a more likable and less retarded cast of characters compared to the comics, but..

THIS would have been even better. I'd watch the shit out of that movie.

so this movie is in the same universe as The man in the high tower?

They were bred out.

How come they haven't shot up the place yet.

They weren't part jew.

Japs are rather xenophobic, actually.
They don't hate foreigners in general, they're just not big fans of them moving there. Unless they're rich, that is.

That might be true of the males, but most of the females are more than happy to accommodate foreign men.

They even refer to Japanese men as "grass-eaters" because they're such massive omega pussies.

The movie was super generic pixar movie TBH.

The entire movie looks and feels like a Chinese bootleg toy.

Every time something is reported about Japan in the Western media, people take it completely seriously and believe it to apply to all of Japan.

All females are whores for the highest bidder.

Grass eaters are Japanese MGTOW. Men who have sworn off women because they can't afford to play the dating game or can't be bothered. The female version is "fish ladies" but how exactly that works I don't know. But Japanese MGTOW is different to Western MGTOW, Westerners have more free time but the women are lower quality.

Huh?

Who are you quoting?

Japan is having the same issue the west is, just without feminism.

The problem boils down to women entering the workforce. Black Pigeon Speaks (who's content is excellent, but I suspect of being homosexual) actually lives in Japan and says women have become very selective about their partners. They frequent host clubs and release their urges with male prostitutes. The average Japanese salaryman can't compete with bishi gigolos as most of them don't get manicures or look like Gackt.

Unless something comes along and forces women back into the kitchen and prevents them from voting or getting jobs, I think the eventual conquer of the East and West are inevitable.

Unfortunately I don't think Europeans will wake up until an entire European country becomes Muslim. Sweden will have to be the sacrificial lamb, I mean the freaking Dalai Lama has spoken out and advised the west to send all the refugees home.

In the meantime, how in the hell is the west going to reign in it's women? How are we going to get women to stop voting and restore financial power solely to men? I've racked my brain, and short of a post-apocalyptic scenario all I can come up with is training them in this from birth.

>>>/ctr/

Lad, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, Jap women are even whinier than white women about their fucking pay.

Jap women work more than white women.

Also:
Go back to >>>/plebbit/

I didn't say anything about "meme arrows."

You didn't understand the post, get fucked niggerbrains.

Women get reigned in no matter what.

Option 1 : ALLAHU ACKBAR! Do as I say or I'll stone you cunt

Option 2 : Not my problem if you starve to death, this bitch will do anal while you won't even flash me your titties.

I don't think there is a realistic scenario outside of apocalypse ones as I listed above. The best you have is that leaving the home becomes too dangerous for women, so they stay at home and away from the work force. Which is why women used to stay at home. This gives me a small amount of hope. How fucked up is our society when our streets being dangerous makes me hopeful?

Stop being a faggot and punching right. Black pigeon is on our side and other than his shitty drug video he has done nothing but push our narrative to a large audience. Punch him int he dick when we win for all I care but stop sabotaging fellow soldiers fighting along side you.

You're right, I didn't understand why you called me a grass eater. And you've yet to explain yourself.

Because you're a Japanese cuck who's wife mom and sister all get the BWC.

Japan never had a feminist movement, though. I outline how they're a problem, but unable to factually disagree with me you just bring up the pay gay myth and pretend them whining about that makes them feminists. It just makes them entitled. Feminism never really took root in Japan. As I outlined if there was a sexual revolution there, it happened quietly. Women got money, now they buy men and have extremely high standards.

Also, please don't misuse the cuck meme. You're running the term into the ground by applying it to any and everything you don't like, leading me to believe you're either extremely low-functioning autistic, or an SJW intentionally trying to kill use of the term through overuse. I suppose the two are virtually indistinguishable, though. Either way, please stop being a stupid fuckwit for your own good.

Not the guy you're replying to but

Feminism is just female nature given a political name. What happened in Japan is no different to what happened in the west, the title applied to it was just different.

This is why people don't understand feminism. It isn't a political ideology, it's just being a woman.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but the only faggot in this discussion is you.
You really should stop projecting so much, the cognitive dissonance can't be good for you.

Wewie there lad.

Also:
Yeah, you're just a triggered cuckboy.

I'm not Japanese.

What has happened in the West has not happened in Japan.

Just because the East has left nut cancer doesn't mean the West's right nut cancer isn't cancer.

On that note:

youtube.com/watch?v=qpZbu7J7UL4&list=PLDbSvEZka6GEM_JJp1glNxb0q-HCYUT9J

That's actually true for okinawa. The soldiers there bred like bunnies and the japanese men slowly died out replaced with mixed jap males

I thought the Okinawans were a separate race from the Japanese.

Because it represents them. They also relocated the movies location to neo-sanfran.

Kek

That hasn't been true since WWI

What the fuck is wrog with the girl to the right?
Is she a dwarf?

She's asian, so yes.

So did the Japanese rape the shit out of Okinawan women and made them Japanese?

fat asians?

Why does everything have to be so multicultural now?