The point was Ghostbusters was mediocre! And that's what counts...

The point was Ghostbusters was mediocre! And that's what counts, because it doesn't have to appeal to everyone! Just us little girls!

Other urls found in this thread:

pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/dem-prez-candidate-hillary-clinton-worked-for-law-firm-run-by-communists-and-defended-black-panther-huey-newton-accused-of-killing-cops/
youtube.com/watch?v=_4LDlBCkA2g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope captain marvel flops like cisbusters just to see the shitstorm

I don't know, its going to be all GRILL POWER with a 6/10 lead and Captain Marvel isn't exactly a huge character compared to the likes Cap, Hulk, Iron Man etc.

The Box Office performance was terrible. It cost Sony like $17 million dollars

Can someone bring up old screenshots and articles before the release about how nu-Ghostbusters was going to be a complete success?

All this. I see captain marvel being the worst performing marvel movie in years, and that's going to cause all the feminists and beta males to throw some awesome shit-fits.

It did actually sell a lot, it didn't break even because the marketing and production costs were fucking huge.

No it didn't. Even the SJW blog sites had to admit Cisbusters was a failure.

It also didn't break even because it's a shit movie.

You really underestimate the power of normalfaggotry don't you? We have been hoping their movies to fail for a long time, but plebs will pay to watch anything with a Marvel logo on it, even shit like Ant-Man.

Ghostbusters lost way more money than they let on because theaters take a big cut of a movie's profit for themselves.

So even if their profit exceeded expectations, the studio received a much smaller cut than the box office indicates. Even if this was aired in China, its doubtful them chinks would have been able help Sony to salvage it.

Shill. The movie was banned in China.

Ant Man was one of the better Marvel movies.

I work at hot topic for almost six years. We can't go give a cisbusters t shirt unless it's only related to the first two Ghostbusters films or cartoons.

Makes sense. I guess $228.9 million isn't very much unless it's an indie movie then.

Did I say it wasn't? I said that the chinks wouldn't have saved it if it was released there.

Ouch

It met their expected gross of about 225m

They knew it would flop as well, so they went full retard in trying to cash in on cameos, feminism and name recognition

Fantastic Flop went down in flames. The second Nu Spiderman film performed poorly. So your argument would have to be normalfags are autistic enough to differentiate between Marvel Studio/Disney Marvel films and Marvel films made by other studios. You seriously believe that?

Tbf those films looked like shit from the start. Nobody wanted asm2 or fant4stic. If there's one thing disney has done right, it's marketing muh progressiveness, and captain marvel will surely make decent bucks. Not cap, avengers or iron man bucks, but like thor bucks at the least. Shit, even hulk made some decent money.

Lol if they're going all in on something like Ghostbusters, they have a poor hand and they're bluffing.

When I said Marvel, I was referring specifically to Marvel Studios, I wasn't necessarily including FF or ASM. The point still stands normalfags are going to enjoy everything from Marvel Studios and since Captain Marvel is going to be backed by Disney and Marvel Studios, they will just eat it up.

Shame cuz I was looking forward to seeing this.

People are getting pretty fatigued with the movies. Doesn't help all of them after the first Iron Man have been terribly bland turds with nothing to them but their name.

And you can tell the writing is getting progressively worse.

maybe Dr. Strange might change that.

No, the only product that was remotely successful in the entire debacle was Ecto Cooler, and that was advertised without reference to the new film. All the other food products sold terribly, the action figures were put on clearance before the movie was even out, the company that made the video game -which even offered a free copy of the fucking movie with purchase- sold so poorly the company went bankrupt.

Feig and nearly the entire cast have essentially killed their careers. Don't forget that the same cast (minus McCarthy) appeared in Masterminds which was finally released and flopped miserably. Being in two flops basically means those women's careers are dead.

The blu-ray/dvd release further distanced the film from the franchise by adding the subtitle "answer the call" quietly renaming the entire fucking film.

The only people that will give a fuck about Dr. Strange are the disgusting fujoshi because he is staring one of their male pregnancy favorites.

Should have made a Punisher movie to launch off the TV show, but I guess the subject material is a little too uncomfortable for the kikes. A man dressed in black whose symbol is a skull, hunting down criminals and degenerates and shoahing them hits a little too close to home.

well Punisher is getting his own Netflix series.

Yeah, I know, but they completely butchered his character.

What did he mean by this?

The definitive version of Frank is found in Punisher MAX. Therein he is a cold and methodical killer, more force of nature than man, fully cognizant of what he is doing and why.

In the TV show he starts out great, but midway through they turn him into a whiny bitch, constantly try to humanize him and make the public feel sorry for him, blame his war on crime on a head injury that keeps him reliving the death of his family. On top of that he constantly acts on impulse and emotion and gets bamboozled by everyone.

That is not the Punisher. This is a roided up meathead on a quest for revenge.

It was his origin story. Just like Fisk never became "Kingpin" until the end.

this is entirely your opinion.

don't get me wrong, i love me some punisher max as well, and along with year one and a few other stories, they are undoubtedly the utmost essential punisher comics.

but like said, it was castle becoming the punisher. his methods were sloppy and not entirely determined. he didn't even have the skull for fuck's sake, how did you not realize this?

It was handled like shit. Frank Castle, even before becoming the Punisher, was a living legend in the military. He doesn't need the training, he's already trained to do it and has been for years beforehand.

There is no part where he acts like an oaf and stumbles his way around criminals. The comics routinely point out criminals get mowed down by him because they are inept idiots with no training and because Castle is meticulous in his training.

Hell, in the show he endangers civilians time and again with his shenanigans, something the comic Punisher would never do. He has one rule there, if an innocent gets hurt in his war, it's over. The one moral foundation that allows his mental framework to work and justify to himself what he is doing is his absolute conviction to not harm innocents. It's why he stalks his enemies first, it's why he gathers information about them. The Punisher isn't about fucking up for the simple reason that if he did, it's over.

Fuck off. The skull is more motif that his gimmick, and he did have the skull, the x-ray. It featuring on the kevlar vest just looks tacky as fuck, but then again Daredevil already went full retard with silly ninjas and ancient deities.

I have no hope for the show, since the creators seem to lack even the most basic understanding of what the Punisher is about. To them it's just blood and guts and violence, with no substance underneath, no core. Garth Ennis, even though he is a cuckold, understood that Frank is a complete monster, which is why he made sure the rare moments where he shows his moribund human side are all the more poignant.

Instead here we get him constantly bitching about his family and being a complete hothead. The Punisher burns cold, he always did.

And just to add, him already being trained and ready is why an origin story doesn't work with the Punisher, nor does having the story focus on his relationship to other people work.

It's why I said he's more force of nature than man. Frank does his thing and will keep doing it until someone kills him, it's everyone else, the normal people, his targets, those he saves, that are affected and changed by the events, and they should be the main cast, while Frank lurks in the shadows and comes at the climax like an unstoppable juggernaut, without pity or remorse, to punish the wicked.

Great rebuttal.

Here's a fuck you to make you feel nice and warm.

These are arguments made by Marvel fanboys. I don't buy it. The reason why Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy did okay was juice from the first Avengers movie, but surely that's fucking over at this point.

This version of Captain Marvel sucks, and has sucked since she was first introduced and editor Steve Wacker called the people who liked the old costume misogynists. No one is going to see a movie about this stupid cunt. The only appeal to Carol evaporated when they politically corrected her. She's been forced down everyone's throats since then, and now Marvel's comic sales are collapsing. Feminazi films do not sell with the public.

You may have thought Fantastic Flop and Amazing Spiderman 2 were just coincidences, but they were the canary in the coal mine.

Also Disney doesn't always make good movies. They've made plenty of flops. I honestly don't believe Marvel will be a big thing after Robert Downey Jr. fucks off. We're going to end up with preachy Black Panther movies and shit that don't perform well with wide audiences. It's complete over-reach.

Prediction, "Marvel Studios'" first significant bomb will be Dr. Strange.

You retards are actually convinced Marvel makes terrible movies, this is hilarious.

Marvel is only going to fail sometime after Infinity Wars, depending on what they do from there.

They've been going to shit for over a decade. Holla Forums can pretend all they want that this decline is what cause the people in charge to start shilling Marxist filth, instead of it being the other way around, it doesn't change the fact the Jews are willing to burn their IP farms, and all their IPs to the ground and waste hundreds of millions on propaganda projects.

The only good movies Disney has made in a long, long while were ones from Pixar and the odd fluke like Frozen, and even that talent is drying up.

Just look at what a bland, unmemorable disaster Episode VII was. It felt like amateur hour.

He's the only talented actor they have. His charisma is the only thing that carries the movies over, everyone else is about as interesting as a cardboard cutout.

The sooner this shit dies the sooner DC and Marvel can go out of business.

They are objectively awful movies. The latest Captain America was a complete clusterfuck of poorly thought out shit breaking under the weight of its own haphazard, poorly thought out continuity.

Ant-Man and Iron Man 1 are the only two films they've made that had anything interesting going for them other than a massive marketing budget and the name in the title.

That is not really what happens, that is the defense that his lawyers try to come up with it. He doesn't claim to suffer any illness and refuses to plead PTSD on trial. During his rant, he states he did everything fully cognizant too.

Go back to plebbit.

If Disney's marketing power so great, the second Alice movie wouldn't have been a spectacular gigantic bomb. They had a shortcut with that one as well since the first movie made a ton of cash. Then you have the Lone Ranger, and plenty of other shit. Anyone who thinks these are creative money making geniuses is on crack.

The people in this thread acting like Marvel Studios will never fail were probably the ones who voted Avengers the greatest movie ever made on IMDB the day after release, when the actual movie was over-hyped, badly paced trash with shitting Whedon dialogue.

*shitty

Yet the psychologist they had on the stand says the bullet in his brain fucked his head up. So now Frank dindunuffin, he a good boy with mental issues trying to turn his life around.

The terrifying thing about Frank is that he is completely sane in the comics, or at least as sane as someone doing what he does can be. The best you can argue is that Born gives a more sinister motive to his war on crime, that he is so addicted to fighting and violence he "wished" for an endless war.

wow, this is an intriguing level of retard i've never seen before.

it's almost as if you've only read the max run and nothing else punisher.

oh i forgot to mention, did you not watch the show? everything you're bitching about was explained pretty fucking thoroughly.

you really are a moron.

If only.

or maybe because of the casting? idk about you but i do genuinely enjoy meme pratt and paul rudd in pretty much anything i see them in, even if the rest of the film is trash.

Where do all these race traitors come from?

We wuz kangs and shit, then white bois came to stir up shit yo, we blazed em up gangstah style ya dig then we build us some sweet pyramid cribs and build up a futuristic egypt themed country down at turf down in africa. Hows dat, u mad white bois?, u mad at our superior cheetah genes muddafuckers get the fuck out mah country you pasty ass honkies, shieeeet homeboys WE KANGS ya hear, woo.

"Oakland CA, Former sixties radical David Horowitz, who helped fund the Black Panthers, says that both Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bill Lann Lee, who later became President Clinton’s head of the U.S. Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, helped organize the pro-Panther demonstrations at Yale in 1970. "

"…Oakland CA, David Horowitz set up and financed the Cop Killing “Black Panthers” in the 1970’s, they killed cops, ran prostitution and sold drugs from the money he filtered to them."

Source:
pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/dem-prez-candidate-hillary-clinton-worked-for-law-firm-run-by-communists-and-defended-black-panther-huey-newton-accused-of-killing-cops/

white supremacists were literally threatening to kill people who went to see ghostbusters, that's why it did bad.

Good Leslie, good girl

Except Antman would have been a milion times better if they had let Paul Rudd just be Paul Rudd and not fucking caracature Paul Rudd

Sweden, obviously

But didn't Hillary back Barry Goldwater in her youth though? I'm surprised she'd support the Black Panthers. Though I disagree they are the 70's version of BLM since the Black Panthers had guns and used them while BLM chimps out and riots. BLM doesn't use guns.

you mean like the Thomas Jane Punisher?

Best Punisher

Cops have bigger ones now, they're degenerate hooligans, not suicidal.

Not true, you often see them firing intot he air at BLM riots.

Cap can carry a movie as can Chris Pratt. Downey Junior launched the brand but Marvel have 2 of the most popular actors in the world in their stable as well.

Cape shit is starting to burn it's self out but the core actors still have legs.

Hi Razorfist. Retro Metal sucks. Listen to The Dillinger Escape Plan you poser.

This, this, fucking this-

The daredevil punisher angered me on a level that even the tom Jane redux turning him into a fucking cop bullshit couldnt accomplish, they took everything great about castle and turned it into hurr durr marine rage me so angry+stronk

The punisher is about operational autism, he is a man that plans everything to the nth degree but also is well aware of the fact that no plan survives first contact with the enemy.

He looks for the weaknesses in his enemies and plays them against each other, the best punisher arcs are weeks of preparation culminating in spectacular acts of violence, he would kill everybody quietly but that doesnt have the same psychological effect

Castle is barely a character in his own books, he is the inevitable, the characters are everyone else, both good and bad, doing their little dance until the huirricane frank shows up in the final act. this is not opinion, this is how it fucking works, Ennis understood this and a couple of the previous writers did as well.

Hilariously the closest we got to a legit punisher was the shittiest movie by far, the war zone one

It would be so fucking easy to reboot the punisher in our day and age, we have a generation of fucked up vets and we are surrounded by corruption and filth, god I wish someone could fucking handle this competently, hes probably the greatest anti-hero ever because of how unredeemable he is.

the walking dead guy couldve pulled off a decent castle, but the writers were fucking retards, I made an audible noise of disgust when he was standing on that fucking water tower sniping people, what a travesty.

theres a reason the military loves castle, and netficks captured none of that

well said

kill yourself you remf dicksuck civvie pog faggot, ive been reading punisher since I was like 14, hes right on the money, punisher had like 4 books coming out every month, most of em were shit, too wrapped up in capeshit, war journal was probably the best overall, most down to earth

Castle was never an amateur, he was a fucking war junkie, first recon, 4 tours, hints of wet work in cambodia on some joint ops shit, there was no coming of age it was a war from the get go, he didnt fucking stumble around killing scumbags in new york after fighting a fearsome enemy like the VC and the NVA in the fucking jungles of indochina you retard

Go back to cuc/k/ where you belong you autistic spaz.

Eh, I'm cautiously optimistic about the show. Bryan Fuller directed the "Hannibal" TV show and if you've watched "Manhunter" and "Silence of the Lambs", you may or may not realize that he showed a pretty good portrayal of a younger Lecter. Mads Mikkelsen was the icing on the cake.

And even though at some point Hannibal was probably the goriest show on TV (considering it was an NBC show, they got away with plenty of things), and a bit of a slow burn at times, we could see a very methodical, yet extremely vicious Lecter.

I think the show is in good hands, I trust Fuller with Punisher. The problem is, what restraints will Marvel and Netflix apply to him.

"-Nope Bryan, you may have displayed in your previous show Dr. Lecter torturing a restrained man, where he amputated his legs, cooked them to perfection in such a way that would make Gordon Ramsay nod in approval, only to verbally abuse him for hours (as only Dr. Lecter knows - his verbal beatings comprised of pure psychological disintegration of his subject, leading to their breakdown, are exquisitely painful) prior to showing up with said cooked legs in a silver platter, then having him eat his own flesh, fully conscious… but you can't put this torture scene from The Slavers, where you disembowel a man alive as an interrogation method, t-that's too much! Neither this one, where Frank beats the ever-loving-shit out of a female pimp and throws her out of a building! You're crazy!"

ya spider man franchise has done soooo well

Why do people like these hacks?

Forgot link: youtube.com/watch?v=_4LDlBCkA2g

This fucking hurts so much and yet there are fags on Holla Forums who will defend it.

I wonder if Lego Dimensions' staff has any regrets?

why do you have to be right Holla Forums?

Isn't that game bombing compared to skyland?

Oh well, at least the rest of the Goonies (except Steff who was always shit) are still decent people.

Oh well, at least the rest of the Goonies (except Steff who was always shit) are still decent people.

Its doing worse but it has enough of a fanbase to keep going thanks to the additions of autism fuel like Sonic and AT.

And strangely enough the Goonies will also be added to Lego Dimensions. I cannot contain my disgust.

You fags claim you're better than Holla Forums?

actually, that wasn't me. as you'll notice, i use reddit spacing whereas that other guy didn't.

ps the retard i replied to is still wrong because he's basing all of his opinions on a single punisher run that has no actual claim as the overall canon.

Is metal for emo teenagers with adhd.

The mistake was not making a PC version.

Pure cohencidence.

WTF are you talking about no one on Holla Forums likes this shit stop lying