Why is this worse than GT?

Why is this worse than GT?
I thought that was shit because toriyama wasn't involved.

Toriyama is behind this show so it should be good…

GT was boring as shit, at least super is bad enough to laugh at

It's much better than GT, even better than Z because of the pacing issues being fixed due to not being constrained by a manga.

The only reason I could see people disliking it is because they grew up with the ultra serious american DBZ and can't handle the more comedic Goku.

Is Zamasu gay?

I hope so, I want to be GREENED

The pacing is still slow as shit. They also pad it out with dumb shit like vegeta purple clone.

The manga is way faster and actually tries to explain some of the power levels going on like Hit and Trunks

The only down side I think it has is Toei is the studio, and they put like three quarters into animation budget these days. Check out Sailor Moon Crystal if you want to see some bad animation.

That was only like 3 episodes. DBZ would insert about 3 episodes worth of just establishing shots to pad the running time.

The manga comes out later and would have the benefit of hindsight since the script for the anime would be set in stone months in advance. They are mostly the same anyway.

Anime really needs something like Steam to sell their shows.

I'm guessing they make most of their money on merchandising so they can't justify upping the animation budgets.

I didn't know Dragonball was still going.

No one is gonna buy anime kid. It's all about free steaming.

It's actually good but it has its issues. If you want to get to the part where it's good, watch the first episode then the two movies and skip to episode 28 I think. If you want to not miss any of the important canon details, tough through the first twenty episodes and you'll be rewarded with an increase in animation quality and good pacing.

This. Toei is the worst thing about DBS. They don't deserve to be producing it. Thanks to them getting into DBS is confusing as hell.

Toriyama writes the stories. Some guy who was involved in the fake Dragonball After Future was lucky enough to be his main artist on the manga. He's also a big DB autist so keeping track of the things Toriyama blatantly forgot is not an issue like it was with DBZ.

Dragon Ball is a daytime show, so it gets advertising revenue too. Late night shows have no advertising revenue and their audiences are smaller, but their production quality is much higher. At least one reason for that is that they only run for 12-26 episodes at a time (and those 26 episodes may have a three month break in the middle). Usually 12.

It's just a cashcow at this point. I heard that it got better after they stopped redoing the two new movies.

The story is good but the execution is bad.

Visulas and music are underwhelming.
And the storytelling is very cramped. Every episode feels like a summary.
More stuff happened in 60 episodes here than in 200 in DBZ.

Every show is created to make money.

This has to be some fanfic.

No shit, genius.
The difference is a cashcow is just some soulless shit that gets tossed out for plebs that enjoy the taste of shit.
Putting it in terms of vidya you could say Dragonball is the Call of Duty of anime.
The first few were alright, and then everything after was stale shit.

This guy is right, Super started off fine but then went to shit with all the stuff that absolutely nobody cares about. If you remove all the stupid filler episodes you're left with like 20 (out of 60 or however many episodes there are right now), out of which we've already seen half of these episodes in the two new movies.

Add to all this that the animation looks like it was made by 10 year old Chinese kids for 50 cents an hour, and you've got yourself a show even worse than GT.

Honestly GT had the best animation out of all the dragonball shows

The answer is of course that Dragonball has been horseshit ever since they decided to keep milking it after Namek.

/a/ spam pls go

Cell was the best villain in the z series though

make me

No it didn't, GT looked like ass, most of the fight choreography is a major step down from Z.

The Cell arc was fucking trash and you know it. At least the Buu arc was a blatant parody on how serious and indulgent Z had become.

You mean where they just blink in and out of view? You got a too much of a nostalgia boner for Z and bought into the GT is a bad show meme.

Gohan unleashing his full anger and perfect cell was…perfect

Zamasu a bitch

What is happening?

Last time I watched DBZ Gohan killed Cell - what's happened since then?

Vegeta has a little brother
Gohan has the potential of being the strongest in the universe but hangs up his gi to be a good father to pan unlike Goku
Piccolo is a million times cuter
The pilaf gang are kids now. Trunks wants to fuck Mai.
multiple universes
Some other fanfiction tier writing I don't remember

wait Vegeta has a brother?

I'm surprised they still remember Emperor Pilaf.

Heh I watched this little thing called dragonball.
Notice how I didn't put a Z there at the end? Dragonball actually existed before DBZ believe it or not. Just a heads up if you want to watch good dragonball instead of the drivel eaten up by the masses

Why didn't krillin die from goku's punch?

Not canon
That'd debatable
What are you a homo?
You forgot that loli mai wants to fuck adult trunks and make kid trunks watch
All-universe tournament when?

They straight up mention and name drop him in the show

Again vegeta or some other fuck says it in Super that gohan has the most fighting potential.

And GT is even worse with the camera going behind characters backs when they fight each other (so no one has to animate moving limbs and battle damage), characters powering up and standing around shooting ki blasts like in Z.

GT a shit, and Super being shit won't change that.

Vegeta getting turned into a whiny faggot who never learns from his mistakes and Trunks not killing the Androids right before Cell turned Perfect was… retarded.

Please go back to reddit.

And they do that already

It was filler. Next you'll tell me Captain Ginyu and Bulma switching bodies was canon because that was mentioned in filler too.

Why did they turn Videl into a fucking loli looking girl?

That's how filler works ya know.

Gohan was so hard in bed that he destroyed any remnants of her tomboy charms.

Yes there are episodes that are just there to fill in between the important shit but those episodes are still canon.

Vegeta's brother is canon. He was mentioned in Battle of Gods, Toriyama wrote Battle of Gods, therefore it's canon.

No they aren't. To use an example Vegeta's 'Kakarot is dead. Imma take over Earth now and nothing can stop me!' from the Freeza saga was ignored even in the very next episode.

Why does he need glasses? Cant he just take a sensu bean or wish for better eyesight with the dragon balls?

He needs glasses because he's a "scholar" just like his overbearing mother always wanted. They are entirely for looks.

It doesn't work like that, son.

goes on /a/