So what's the opinion on this?

so what's the opinion on this?
was it good?
i liked walken in it

I liked this film a lot. It's a weird combination between horror and some bits of comedy. Love this film.

It's awesome in every aspect.

Has very cool, dark scenes, which are beautiful too. The costumes, the hair, everything is so real, but still like in a fantasy. The acting is great, the music is great, the killings are incredible, the monster is one of the coolest movie monsters ever. The plot is twisted, interesting and eventful, even the drama parts are good. The jokes are funny, but it still remains a genuine gothic horror.

A true masterpiece.

Depp ruins it. Ichabod Crane is 180 opposite of him.

i planted my seed of evil in ur mum kiddo heh

Pussies don't moisten those theatre seats if you get an actual nerd, you gotta put the hot guy in glasses. Same as the "nerd girl" principle.

He pulled it off pretty well I thought.

The whole point of the story was to subvert audiences expectations that a kind nerd would get the girl and a handsome brute was a bully. In the story the handsome brute gets the girl and the nerd Ichabod is a preening narcissist intellectual who runs away like a coward. The story is really a criticism of the intellectual class and a celebration of the savvy of the blue collar guy. None of that is in the movie.

That's because Burton's interpretation was ment as a love letter to the Hammer gothic horror cinema of the 1960's and 70's. Using a piece of popular American folk literature is the jumping off point, a counterpoint to Hammer's reinvisioning of Stoker and Lefanu's work. The heart of the movie is meant to be gothic mystery, gaudy period dresses and elaborately embellished set pieces. I think this film accomplishes all of those things competently. It's not ment to be a literal retelling of Washington Irving's story.

nobody gives a fuck about some betamax faggot.

irl he wouldn't get shit done and wouldn't get the girl either. go live your fantasies out in another thread you pathetic cucklet.

This is the last good film burton directed.

The special effects, the atmosphere/setting is still perfect.

I liked it. I've seen it a few times now, it's not great but I think it was a good movie overall in the sense Silent Hill was.

It's been 7 years or so since I've seen it, but I remember it being pretty good. I liked how Burton toned back a lot of his quirkiness and instead focused on making a good film. He's definitely a capable filmmaker, as evidenced by this, Ed Wood, and Big Fish.

It's just too bad that he stopped making movies like this.

Yeah there wasn't anything looking outlandish about except christopher walken.

And the story has nearly nothing to do with the novel. Still, who cares? This is just based on the work of Washington Irving

What about Big Fish?

Big Fish was ok though I notice this recurring theme in Tim Burtons work of daddy issues. It appears in Sleepy Hollow as well.

Depp can be in good movies but he doesn't make the movies he's in good.

He's a more advanced Keanu Reeves.

Didn't they make a tv show of the same name?

They did, but it has nothing to do with either this movie or the novel. Also it has niggers in it