Are cartoons really for manchildren?

Are cartoons really for manchildren?
Why? Is it wrong for an adult to watch a G,PG,PG-13 rated film and enjoy it?

Is futurama and the simpsons really the only exceptions?

I thought cartoons were for everybody.

I think it may be because subtlety is harder to do. With human actors you can read their faces, look for subtle muscle twitches to indicate what a character is thinking, and humans doing it just adds to the drama(celebrity gossip trash). Cartoons can not do this so they have to focus on art or frat boyish humor. Cartoons that can transcend being cartoons are few and far between.

Cartoons are enjoyable just to be clear.

American cartoons are shit but anime is made for smart people like us who enjoy things a little differently.

Subtlety in animation is not an issue. It's just that American animation is not about human drama and doesn't have a high enough level of production quality and filmmaking finesse.

I can agree with about it not being subtle. It's very explicit and "in your face" about the messages it gives.

I liked Angry Birds because it was very subtle about it's politics, though it's mainly because of how taboo right-wing politics are in the pozzed western animation industry. I hope that there are more right-wing cartoons because creators are forced to make it's messages subtle.

It's animated and directed passionately with thought if we're talking about folks like Satoshi Kon, but I wouldn't claim that all of it is smart.

It's definitely 100000000000000000000000000000x better than left-wing [currentyear] western cartoons though. The medium of animu has every flavor of politics and has diversity of thought. It can be globalist like Under the Dog or nationalist like Attack on Titan.

That's the point of cartooning. It's made for exaggeration, not subtlety.

Listen dipshit, I warned you once already and I'm not in the mood to repeat myself. This board is for tv and anime, NOT CARTOONS. Are you looking for another month long ban? I'll let you know you've been reported for spam.

Yes.

westerners have been conditioned to implicitly accept & enforce hyper-masculinity as a form of social control.

Goes on Holla Forums.

What the fuck have other countries produced? Zilch. Just say cartoons.

user, I…

cartoons, videogames and anime are kiddie shit. people over 8 who like them should be killed.

Why is Attack on Titan not nationalist?

it implies walls and isolation are a good thing, when nationalism of the 21st century must take in consideration globalization and the fact all peoples have the right to live wherever they want.

But is the world of Attack on Titan globalist though? does it acknowledge other nations.

its still bigoted and wrong.

Fuck it I will take the bait. It is a fantasy world where giant monsters have consumed nearly everyone and the only way to survive is behind the walls. In their situation walls are a good thing as they don't have infinite resources, or powerful weapons that can kill millions of Titans. Globalization does not exist in there universe because no other people are alive outside the kingdom the story takes place in. The government sends out the Survey Corps which explores and secures land outside the walls so they not isolationists at all.

its still wrong, they should seek to embrace the titans and live with them to have a diverse culture.

Animation in the West is for children because Disney dominated the market with family friendly animated films so everything considers that to be the only market.

Family guy is aimed at teenagers, which are still children and The Simpsons and King of the hill are family shows the same way Disney films are.

Animation just isn't respected as a format in the West and any thing you do it in will just be called a cartoon for children.

Futurama and the Simpsons are not exceptions to this rule buddy.

just get better animators.

tbh they're the finest in comedy tevision. Animated ir not.

>>>/a/

Genre breaking shows are the exceptions.

you're listening to women too much user

were*

get on my level