Was he a psychopath?

Was he a psychopath?
Is the end supposed to justify his draconian teaching?

well, the kid did end up being a better drummer

beacher should have killed him a better way.

Then again season 5 and 6 sucked ass

How did masturbating on stage make him a better drummer?

kek

What the fuck?

That's the point right? Crazy teachers who push you hard get results.

I think you missed the point of the whole thing. It's not a question of whether or not his methods were sound, it's how far one is willing to go in order to be "great". He gave up everything. His girlfriend, most likely his relationship with his father, and even a bit of himself to finally shine. The blood foreshadows that, and he'll probably end up killing himself like his last student.

Tumblr is next block you weak faggot

Yes. All he wanted was his own Charlie Parker. He didn't care about anything else.

Not necessarily suicide but he will likely meet a tragic end like other great musicians

Does that really make him a psychopath though? I saw him as someone who was incredibly driven into molding somebody into what he wanted them to be

You misspelled lead guitarist.

He was a real big asshole to those students. I hate guys like that, they pretend they have no time for anyone else because they aren't good enough. Look, I get not wanting to talk to some millennial hipster niggers, but the way he acted was like he was in a room with people who were less than animals. Dehumanizing and degenerate to think about your fellow countrymen like that. It kind of reflects the current social climate where people act like they don't have enough time to talk to people, they just want to do their job and go home, everyone else might as well not exist. He simply filters out everyone who doesn't have godlike talent. Jazz is fucking nigger garbage anyway you fuck!

Psychopaths generally see people as nothing more than something to play with until it appeases themselves though.

Cry me a fucking river. He made those kids more exceptional than they could have been on their own. From that, they can make art that your ass can't. They could have walked away at any point but they stayed because something in them knew it would make them better. Weak fucks like you are why the West is about to cease to exist.

was it worth it?

No he made them his pets musicians. They lost themselves to become what HE wanted them to be. He didn't shed a tear for that guy who killed himself because of his mental (as well as physical) abuse. What if they sought to be just regular, skilled jazz musicians and not the next music legend?

He's a selfish prick. His discipline doesn't work because music is about inspiration not constant practice. Musicians are naturally gifted, having the drummers "practice" for hours until their hands bleed didn't benefit anyone but Fletcher's ego. IRL their wrists and elbows would be so inflammated they wouldn't be able to pick up sticks and play a fucking Beatles song for weeks.

It's a movie. A guy like that would never be a teacher in real life. Throw a fucking metal chair at one of your students because he's slightly off tempo and see yourself lose your job and never get hired again.

No. That's the correct way to treat livestock.

I don't doubt that on some level he is a selfish prick. But he also has a higher bar for quality than most. The legends had to push themselves, the current generation doesn't. Turn on the radio today and listen to what the middling bullshit has produced.

Again, the students could have chosen a different path or walked away and did neither. If he is guilty, then they enable him. The kid that killed himself had greater problems than an asshole teacher, which there a shit ton of these days. What makes this fiction is that he has the balls to push somebody to greatness. In real life, teachers hardly get fired and they teach low bar curriculum that gets lower every year (at least in public schools). Enjoy your comfortable little world snowflake.

How is that not psychopathic?

I bet he doesn't even play an instrument or know the first thing about what goes into music.

No, he just wanted to know if his dick was bigger than Adebisi's, but that fucking prag Schibetta never told him.

How is it going to far? They can walk away. Are you that fucking weak and/or dense?

Actual musician here. Music is not a fucking gift and you're a fully blown retard if you honestly believe that. For me, it's my rampant autism and work ethic, plus inspiration, like you said. I've been tapping on stuff my whole life, doesn't mean I ever held a beat before I LEARNED how to play the drums. If I was born gifted, why did I break all my drum heads trying to do blast beats when I first started? Why did it take me years to get my dynamics in check?

I'm part way into the movie, where he's bleeding out of his hand trying to practice a blastbeat. Total bull shenanigans. Most you'll get is some callouses unless you're death gripping the sticks or just being a plain ol' retard.

To answer OP's question, I would say he probably is a psychopath or sociopath of some sort. He told him 6am sharp, knowing he would get there when the class started. Then he acted all buddy-buddy with the protagonist just to find out some information he could use against him. Which he did after the "NOT QUITE MY TEMPO" part, calling him out for his mom walking out on him. Dude's a control freak, nonchalantly calling the original drummer an alternate like he was one all along. Fits of rage over minuscule details, 'hiding it' by being nice to some dude and his child (putting on the charm), then breaking the veil as soon as he's back with his pawns. Autists generally aren't great manipulators as they're bad at reading others. Meanwhile, a psychopath would know fully well he has no empathy, and could use that to his advantage. Even if he was just a fervent asshole, he wouldn't ask someone about their family just to use it against them 10 minutes later.

Also the protagonist is a pretentious fuckwad.
Don't get me wrong, I like jazz, but how about you make your own style and own unique music. Varg Vikernes did it, went to prison, and now he has a family. A living man is much more interesting than a drunk nigger who pissed his life away. I'm done with my incoherent rambling, the moral is, fuck this movie. 7/10 so far.

Fuck off, Taylor Swift, just because you gave Holla Forums a Holla Forumsoner doesn't mean anyone else could give a fuck your music.

Maybe you're just going senile old man.

I can't picture J,K Simmons being anything other than a violent psychopath in real life.

the world isn't divided into nice people and psychopaths, you fucking simpleton.

You're a retard if you believe you can just pick up any instrument and become a skilled musicians.