The Birth of a Nation Flops Hard at Box Office Despite Damage-Control Attempts

The Birth of a Nation can’t seem to survive its bad offscreen reputation. The Nat Turner biopic, written, directed by, and starring the beleaguered Nate Parker, was a flop in its opening weekend, pulling in about $7.1 million at the box office. The figure is a far cry from the record-breaking $17.5 million sum Fox Searchlight paid for the film at this year's Sundance Film Festival.

Nation opened in about 2,100 theaters—an atypically wide release for such a small film, especially one that has been beset by such fierce behind-the-scenes controversy. Earlier this year, the media began taking a closer look at rape allegations made against Parker when he was in college. Parker was acquitted after a trial, but the scandal reared its head again when Variety reported that his accuser committed suicide in 2012.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/10/birth-of-a-nation-box-office-flop

Bad goyim! Bad!

OY GEWALT!

The age of white guilt is over

>Box office - $1.1 billion to $2.3 billion

So what is this movie?

Its a Birth of Nation (1915) remastered or what?

Even bigger with Gone with the Wind. GwtW is still the #1 highest grossing movie of all time adjusted for inflation. I'm honestly surprised Hollywood hasn't figured out that if they make quality movies about the South which are actually respectful of the South, instead of race baiting white guilt trips, that they'll rake in the $$$.

It's a film directed by a rapist about Nat Turner's slave rebellion, which occurred after jesus visited him in a field one day and then later god told him to start a rebellion through a solar eclipse another day only accomplished the murder of 65 white people (including women and children), which violently suppressed over the next two days later (by 150ish local militiamen with 3 Artillery Companies supporting) resulting in the deaths of like 256 niggers including Nat Turner himself.

The film, as expected, portrays white people as literal satans. They changed history to make Nat Turner's wife get raped to justify the slave rebellion, rather than just rely on the fact that he was a fucking crazy ass nigger.

It is not a remake of the original Birth of a Nation.

How did Gone with the Wind make so much money? There were fewer people and the hype machine wasn't anything like it is now.

Wait, it did only costed 10 million? It isnt a high-budget blockbuster? I thought this was like that kind of movie…

Because the glamorized Old South is a gorgeous and fun culture everyone wants to experience but isn't allowed to because WAH RAYCISS. It's like a peek into a forbidden world we all secretly want to visit and stay a while. Whether it's the beauty of the stately plantations and Southern belle dresses or the good 'ol boy feeling among the lower class with their folk music and hunting/fishin culture, the South's culture was great when it had it. Now it isn't allowed because niggers/kikes/liberals.

you sound mad as fuck

Thanks for clearing thing out

Because that was the only mode of entertainment.

TV wasn't around then.

You can still eat boiled peanuts and listen to bluegrass you retard. Just say you want to lynch some niggers and stop pussyfooting.

HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE OF ALL TIME
suck it

You don't even know what bluegrass is.

Who doesn't want to lynch niggers troughs?

If you think so, sure. But I do know it still exists despite >muh blacks. The culture of the south is still there, just say you want to kill some niggers and move on.

That's what I'm saying. Why pretend? It's like the retard is afraid of saying he hates people like a pussy.

but why

see

This is not even a BoaN remake. It only have its name, nothing else.

Thats literally the plot isn't it? It reads like bad fucking joke.

And age of BBC has just begun. I mean, who cares about what my dead grandpas did to some niggers? We just want The Big Black Cock inside our wives with no political bullshit.

tru dat

I bet you don't even come from a plantation family kek. Probably some broke ass white trash from the Smokies. Or worse, a Texan.

I liked this movie, it was kinda slow but it makes confederateboos all sorts of salty. one of the few films that actually lives up to the "based on a true story" shtick

there is one scene in this film that is supremely important

bluegrass is great

the south was shit for the vast majority of people retard, you think you woulda been a plantation owner but chances are you wouldve been a nigger even if you were white. Alone the amount of revolts the south had from all races refutes any attempt from tards like you to glamorize it.

agricultural economies are almost always lopsided and shit, anyone wanting that shit back is a delusional fuckwit, its like wanting to be a fucking caveman or live in victorian england or something, get your head out of your ass nigger lmao

its also why they lost the war depsite having far better soldiers for the most part, indrustialisation bitch

Um, grass is green and it doesn't make a sound?

some fiddlin to underline my argument

wat

Gross. Getting fucked by niggers is worse than getting by farm animals.

Well grass isn't blue, it's green. You can't have blue grass?

*getting fucked by farm animals. Derp.

lul, so stumpf, that didnt go over my head it went under it

Bluegrass thread? Here's a band I've been checking out recently. They some ugly girls though.

How about a thread about good movies about the South?

yes please, enough about BBCs I could use some music for the soul

more like country fine son

Not really bluegrass, but here's some cajun music.

that was nice, so many great musical schools in the south, trials and tribulations make for good art I guess

some obligatory gospel

Some of the Goat Rodeo Sessions, a bluegrass ensemble of Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, and Chris Thile. I forget the woman singer's name.

Fuck forgot the vid.

Bluegrass gospel best gospel.

dam son, classy, mfw I used to play cello

seriously though this is nice, i fucking love those fiddle buildups, makes me just want to start running for the horizon or jump on a raft or something

I wonder if they could reboot huck finn nowadays, it would probably turn into a racebait shitshow.

you can tell they dont fuckin live here

yeah, the Goat Rodeo Sessions are really good, mostly instrumentals though if you're into that. yo-yo ma has a thing for bluegrass, go figure. and the other three have been in the bluegrass scene for a while, especially Chris Thile who was in Nickel Creek and does Punch Brothers

also here's one of the instrumentals, "Attaboy"

Wrong carpetbagger, I'm a Cracker.

haw haw true words right here, you should be proud of where you come from but lets be honest shall we….

cleaning up right now running the playlist, its nice in the background but yeah its kinda missing that…soul i guess, you need lyrics methinks

punch brothers are kinda nice, you gave me some youtoob leads to look into

one of you fucking country boys needs to post some real hillbilly shit

Basically making fun of yourself for me. Confirmed for Appalachian Trash.

roscoe holcomb?

yep this checks out, great stuff mane

this is probably obligatory as well, the original afaik

Did you get raped by a hillbilly or something?

Still unfortunate and thoughtless

The south would be great again if it weren't for all the niggers
And the mexicans, who refuse to flush their goddamn toilet paper
At least nigger knows how to flush

I have to ask, who brings down property values more in the u.s., spics or niggers?

I imagine niggers cuz they're loud and aren't natural gardeners.

The South is better than any part of the US. Without the South the US would beyond Sweden by now. No go back to sucking dick in Portland leftist jew faggot.

Shut your whore mouth about Elizabeth faggot
She's actually a real life friend of mine, never thought I'd see her posted here.

Should we be surprised that Pandering: The Movie is a flop? I mean ffs the trailers had pictures of BLM shoved in between scenes to rile up the nigs. Not rnough blacks in the country to make this film any money.

Niggers couldn't get the rage-dollars pumping like the dumb cunts did with cisbusters.

That hardly made any dosh either. Nobody wants to see this shit.

Funny enough, I know a qt black girl who I would take to see the movie if it meant fugging afterwards.

Jungle pussy should never be a reason to go back on your principle.

If he wanted to stick it in there to begin with, you think he had any principles?

You do have a point.

Her and Anna are pretty good tbh familia. Bought both their albums recently. But wew, Elizabeth's nose.

Yeah tbh I don't really have any. I just wana fuck, that's all.

Niggers, us spics learn by trowel and error.

as much as illegal immigrants annoy me, they'll at least do some fucking work unlike niggers, who just want to eat and fuck all day.

Looks like ben kingsley

i do, but there's still work to be done. can't be sitting around like a lazy nigger.

are you a lazy nigger? because you seem like a lazy nigger.

being a lazy nigger seems the route to go tbh. fuck white women and eat food all day and all white nerds can do is bitch on a dead imageboard.

More like Birth of a Flop

Man this shit is so untrue
No chick wants to fuck me just because of my skin colour, the only niggas that get white girls are fucking gang members, and I'm not in a rush to get iced over pussy. If I wanted a white chick that bad I'd just buy a hooker.

Then why do so many white women date black guys?

They don't do it that much man, stop believing the bullshit the media pushes, they also act as if "African-Americans" (call us black, we don't fucking care) aren't violent as fuck but you don't believe that shit, why believe this
The reason there's more than you might expect though is because there are a lot of gangs down in the ghettos, they're running out of adults to get in them so they're getting godamn kids in them man. Just a few weeks ago a 15 year old chick was shot in a driveby down in Kansas, and of course she was black
For some reason the white chicks in ghetto shitholes always go to gangsters, it's the "bad boy" mentality I guess, either that or gangsters tend to have lots of drugs and they're just trying to mooch off of them, but they ain't the kinda chicks you wanna be fucking, they're what other white folk would call "white trash"

this isn't europe, you cuck.

it's fucking sad, what capitalism has reduced the poor to doing just for survival.

That's a funny way of spelling "accused rapist."

Pick one

If jews started playing mario kart, does that make the game jewish?

>>>/sudo/

Yeah, it's a shame what the Jewish Capitalists have forced young white men and women to become.

slaveowners were the 1% (1.5% to be exact), the rest of us would have been happy to get paid to work the fields in exchange for no niggers having been imported.

poor southern white doesn't mean white trash, fuckwit. "white trash" is just a jew slur.

I want jigaboos to leave.

Used to live in innercity Missouri, now live in extremely rural western Texas.

Which is to say I've been around both, a lot, for about half my life each.

You want the spics, if given the choice. They've go their *many* downsides, but they do actually have positives.

Niggers do not have that. There is absolutely no good that comes from them. At all.

At least with Paco you get excellent food, they're generally friendly, they actually CAN assimilate unlike Tyrone who never, ever, ever will. You can befriend and educate a Mexican. You cannot do this to a black.

You're allowed to say nigger here, user.

spic females also tend to have fantastic tits and ass. nigs are 50/50, but even if they have a good body they usually have beef curtains, awful face/hair, and smell bad.

It's true. For every Maserati XXX there are far, far more good looking spics.

They do tend to age rather quickly but whaddya do don't marry one

try closing blacked dot com and look out your window
i only see hambeasts and literal crackwhores willing to walk around with niggers in public

hahahahahahahaha

Why do europeons think culture is so important? culture is harmful to everyone who isn't a part of that culture. culture is the foundation of racism, hate and bigotry and it enforces sexist thought.

I just know that Nate Parker and Fox Searchlight will cry "racism" over this.

What's even better is that they used the name "The Birth of a Nation" so that he could "reclaim" the title so that it could challenge "racism" and "white supremacy" in America:
"Griffith's film relied heavily on racist propaganda to evoke fear and desperation as a tool to solidify white supremacy as the lifeblood of American sustenance. Not only did this film motivate the massive resurgence of the terror group the Ku Klux Klan and the carnage exacted against people of African descent, it served as the foundation of the film industry we know today. I've reclaimed this title and re-purposed it as a tool to challenge racism and white supremacy in America, to inspire a riotous disposition toward any and all injustice in this country (and abroad) and to promote the kind of honest confrontation that will galvanize our society toward healing and sustained systemic change."

So they should have gone straight to Netflix?

It'd probably be a hit considering how pozzed Netflix is.

Translation: I made it a black supremacy propaganda movie instead.

The irony is that reality is a lot sweeter than the myth of what the KKK was. The KKK was for all intents and purposes a vigilante group that went around lynching and hanging niggers that were breaking the law. Being part of the KKK was like a civil service to your community.

Too bad even the KKK is pozzed today and some KKK members are corrupt and in bed with hillary.

More like 'Birth of a Nigger'

Was it a vigilante group gone wrong? Some members killed a 14 year teen for catcalling a white woman.

I see no problem here
Maybe he shouldn't have acted as a savage and talk to random people on the street

He didn't enact physical violence nor did he commit acts of theft, he just communicated with them.

His communication might have been negative, but it didn't warrant a beating, gunshot to the head, and lynching.

You're probably baiting me good to trigger me, but with Holla Forums you never know~

Yeah, culture isn't important….but here get enriched with Jamal

God bless them.

Miscegenation could be considered a form of biological warfare. In fact, forced miscegenation in cases where it is unwanted IS considered a form of biological warfare and is counted as a war crime by the UN, see ISIS forcibly impregnating Yazidi women, the Rawandan Genocide, etc.

I'm not saying Emmett was going to force himself on her, but given history, you could see how some may have come to that conclusion.

At one early point in its' history, it had black members.

More evil whitey propaganda? Not surprised it tanked, people are getting sick of this liberal shit and who really wants to pay to watch a film call you scum for two hours?

Swedes and Commiefornians.

We used to call that stealing.

My monocle, it seems to have popped.

It doesn't get much clearer than that, does it?

You need to off yourself as quickly as possible.

Don't forget Germans.

God damn, I wonder what that looked like in color:^)

Niggers have no place in civilized society. If their actions over the last how many decades hasn't been enough proof for you, then you might as well off yourself. You're only part of the problem.

Flirting doesn't warrant death.

He was a 14 year old teen who lived with his relatives at the time, so it's pretty weird that 30 year olds viewed him as a threat by going to their house and extracting him out.

So you're a feminist who thinks that flirting warrants death?

He was a nigger. An individual does not excuse what the majority does, all those 1's add up to a greater picture. You being too stupid to see that picture doesn't refute that it was the right thing to do. It is us or them. That's the reality of it. Stop pretending you're the moral right when you don't actually know what morality means.

How is it right and moral to kill a teen for flirting?

Have you ever actually put any thought into this?

You defend your people by kidnapping, beating, and shooting a teen in the head for flirting?

Oh freech, you don't even try.

It's a joke, no one could actually believe that. And these people would never do it anyway, they're betas hiding behind a screen.

t. Zoe Quinn.

How am I freech for telling things how they are?

You'd be very surprised. A lot of white nationalists from Holla Forums would defend the action.

oh sweet poleddit child

who are you quoting, newcuck?

Toppest of keks coming from somebody completely detached from reality.

Post me another anime grill, freech.

so would muslims who obey sharia law

How am I detached from reality by stating that it's disproportionate for two grown adults to kidnap, beat, and shoot a teen in the head for flirting?

Already answered here
Feel free to actually apply some genuine thought.

How did you prevent niggers from contaminating by kidnapping, beating, and shooting a teen in the head for flirting?

How was it moral to defend your people by kidnapping, beating, and shooting a teen in the head for flirting?

How did your race survive in the long term from kidnapping, beating, and shooting a teen in the head for flirting?

lol
Oh freech. Never change, buddy.

Answer my questions. How was it a positive to kidnap, beat, and shoot a teen in the head for flirting?

Already did, buddy boy. It's not my fault you have zero reading comprehension/think stonewalling will get you out of the corner.

You sound like as much a nigger as they do.

Address the content of the post, Nigger. Own up to it.

Freech, pls. Are you seriously telling me help you understand if shitskins murdering, raping, and outbreeding people is the same as preventing them from doing so? Really? Who are you kidding with this? lol

If you decry niggers only to outnig those same niggers, you're not worth preserving. But keep up the mental gymnastics if it makes you feel better, cuck.

white people so raciss
sheeeeeiiiit

Hitler would be disappoint in a whelp like you

Maybe if the white man didn't ship them in by the boatload they wouldn't be there.
But please, impress us all with your Holla Forums-tier rant about your genocidal fantasies.

Jews are not white

Actually Jews are made of cheese.

Why do so many newfags virtue signal alt-right (a group with no virtues, funny enough) in a desperate attempt to fit in to some circlejerk mentality? Anonymous used to be above the phony "left vs right" bullshit, a long time ago. You should be smarter than that, you used to be. Objectively both candidates are total failures & jokes, for very different reasons, no way to argue against that realistically, facts are facts. I'm probably just too old to get you millennials and your bullshit anymore, go ahead and call me a cuck (simply epic memes!) or goon or freech… whatever your trendy bogeyman is this month.
Notice how they only say this shit online with no personal responsibility? They never have the guts to do it IRL. Fitting.

W E W

trumpgoons back to /r/TheDon por favor, we dont want you

rulecuck has no power

Sorry kids, not everyone is underage, angry, and "SO edgy XD".

Holla Forums has more active users then almost every other board on the website combined. If you don't like Holla Forums, this isn't the website for you, friend.

Why did you use a picture of Hillary for that?

I think you're mistaken, friend, that movie never existed.

trumpgoon rulecucks still so mad

Oh boy here we go
Post the screencaps again

Niggers were a mistake

t. rulecuck that's salty his pro-BBC film flopped

Looks like the goons are having another go at Holla Forums.

This goon is the most mad I've ever seen a poster be.

Nice shoop.

we need to go deeper

sauce on that image?

samefag

I think the model's name is Tsuna Kimura

So you did yet another shoop. So what? Until we get IDs I won't believe you didn't samefag and even then I'd be sceptical.

my my, you are a paranoid one.

That one comment did look more leftypol than goonish but you never now.

I'm full Holla Forums and I agree with the "freech" poster. A punishment should fit a crime, not the possible crimes someone could do in the future. Even if it is a nigger/jew/assorted sub-human. I believe that though humans are not inherently equal, they should be treated equally under the law.

I'm full Holla Forums and I disagree with the full Holla Forums poster. A punishment should fit a crime, not the possible crimes someone could do in the future. However a nigger/jew/assorted sub-human will always commit crime. I believe that sub-humans are not inherently equal and that they should be treated as trash and be taken out.