Videogames are misogyny

i never understood this line. what a weird fucking thing to say in a horror movie in the 80s.

the thing didn't do well in the 80s at all, it only did well years later.

remember that when you see "80s nostalgia" film/shows that have kids that have The Thing posters and shit (such as the kids in Stranger Things). The Thing was not popular in the 80s at all outside of a handful of fans. nobody saw it when it was originally released and it flopped, and nobody cared about it until a full decade later.

That's because it's a shitty movie.

tru dat.

John Carpenter:
I take every failure hard. The one I took the hardest was The Thing (1982). My career would have been different if that had been a big hit… The movie was hated. Even by science-fiction fans. They thought that I had betrayed some kind of trust, and the piling on was insane. Even the original movie's director, Christian Nyby, was dissing me.

all me

It was a cult hit. It's just normalfags listened to retarded critics who were mad at it because they wanted lovable alien movies like ET.

it had a 15 million dollar budget, and only did 20 million domestically. blade runner opened the same weekend and outdid it by leaps and bounds. some cult hit. more like cult shit.

I never liked E.T. even as a child. It was wierd, disjointed, and E.T. itself isn't even very like able.

next you're going to tell me donnie darko was good too

Do you know what a cult hit is or are you retarded?

Anyone who doesn't like John Carpenter's the Thing is certified as having a vagina or had their penis removed in a transgender surgery.

Anyone who likes John Carpenter's the Thing is certified as having a vagina or had their penis removed in a transgender surgery.

see

reminder that blade runner is considered a "cult hit" too, despite it opening #2 its weekend while the thing was #8

more like cult shit

or someone who just has good tastes

meant to link to this one

Sure thing, retard.

John Carpenter is a hack tbh. For a guy with so many flops why did studios let him keep doing them? Cause Halloween? Is it similar to Zack Snyder still being allowed to throw money away?

sorry

more like cult shit

Who let a pleb like you in the door?

You're right. You couldn't be more right, but the assmad plebs with edgy redditor taste just can't get their mouths of decrepit John Carpenter's hack dick.

all me

I was into Carpenter before the internet was a thing. Not liking his movies means you're gay and probably 12.

Confirmed reddit hipster. What else were you "into" before something was "a thing"?

I never understood why people always say that shit, hasn't everybody liked something obscure that got popular later?
The only time it's valid to say that is if it's something like a card game and newcomers ruined it (e.g. Magic The Gathering)

John Carpenter fans are so fucking stupid.

You like Rob Zombie don't you? That's the only explanation for this mountain of samefagging of you crying like a bitch.

Rob Zombie sucks too.

They Live was actually a hit before the kikes discovered the message behind it. Then they removed it from cinemas and did everything they could to make people forget about it.

You like Rob Zombie don't you? That's the only explanation for this mountain of samefagging of you crying like a bitch.

The next X men movie is a good example of what people think nostalgia is. They throw out a modern line or something that is retroactively considered good and then throw a reference to it. What actual nostalgia is is FF7 or Zelda 64. Both are incredibly overrated and nothing special but get constant re-releases with nothing added to them and people act like it's the second coming of Christ.

Agreed. FF9 and Wind Waker were far better.

go back to normiebook, you utter pleb

You have to remember that this movie was a remake. So you had the original's fanboys (of a ridiculous 50s b-movie) dissing on it to no end. Nerd elitism always ruins things.

Obviously haven't heard of Twilight Princess or Breath of Fire 2?

Twilight Princess is bad though.

Haven't you seen all the politics threads? This IS facebook

disgusting smh

They look good.

Just fucking leave already. I also wish the mods would turn on IDs. Holla Forums is constantly being raided by dumbasses.

What's wrong with Rombie? Dimension was going to remake Halloween with or without him.

your implying those three movies are good? cause they suck

Literally the decade of shit taste.

What is this in reference to?

Have you watched that movie? It's a fucking embarrassment. They went from great atmosphere, suspense and cinematography to, "I'm going to skull fuck you!" They call it Hickoween for a reason. Zombie probably really wanted to make a Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, let's be honest.

Also the only reason Halloween got remade is because Akkad died in a terrorist attack. He didn't want to remake it while he was still alive because the fans didn't want it. He said so plainly, and then he dies a year later, and suddenly there is a crappy remake in the pipe-line.

That didn't keep Akkad from making all those awful sequels.

Best car chase scene ever.

This is what Hillaryfags actually think.

>Cheating bitch.

Is disliking John Carpenter a thing now? Is his current popularity among the mainstream making it cool to hate on him?

Or is this all just bait?

The guy in this thread see someone who is popular for film making chops in genre films and thinks it's edgy to shit on him. Nothing new really. Calling Carpenter fans Reddit has to bet he most retarded shit I've seen on a chan this year.

Absolutely EVERYBODY in this thread is a samefag talking to himself.

Jesus fucking christ. This is the saddest thing I've seen on Holla Forums yet.

samefag

the saddest thing is that we still dont have ids

Why did you quote me? are you saying that the Halloween sequels were good? cause there can't be a sane person who honestly thinks that. Maybe 2 is average I guess, but come on now. 3? 4? H20? they're fucking awful.

3 is a great fun old style horror movie. It's just hated because it didn't have Myers. While the other sequels after that weren't great, they didn't totally shit on the tone and premise like Rob Zombie's edgy, emo, hillbilly Halloween did.

they're just different colored turds family senpai.

Either it shouldn't have been called H3, or H2 shouldn't have been called H2

Or you could turn off your autism.

Guess the general public is autistic

Probably why The Thing didn't do well upon its release back in 82, amirite?

maybe if you weren't autistic you could control a conversation. got to learn speech recognition sometime, chris.

Great argument, champ.

samefag

nice try

all me btw

Crying samefag generally means you lost fam

This board is constantly raided by faggots who think forcing a false consensus on Holla Forums is their job.

could just be you're a good fish to bait m80.

or you're retarded that you don't think samefagging was going on in this thread

all me

I know I'm user. And if you were all this samefag, then you'd just troll me right now, so some of you are still user.

They Live is even more relevant in these current months with all of Clintons campaign's ties being revealed throughout the entirety of mainstream American media (e.i CNN, MSNBC, you'll know the names if you watch any of them for a minute) in the Podesta emails. Fabricated scandals and stale bread and circuses, and they're all coming out of the wet works just to keep the goyim from having time to glance over their candidates histories. Their future is balancing on a surgical knife's edge

Can I have a source on that?

Funny how all the normalfags only apply this to the candidate they dislike, while the other guy is literally perfect. How could They Live be too deep for them?

Their in the last instance being the establishment

Can't agree more in general, although I struggle to think of the mental gymnastics required to apply it to Trump (they'd probably just use it when he attacks their candidate or points out her ties because he's not talking policy [yet hillary can go off about temperament and his relationship with women. He has to always be talking about policy otherwise he mightn't lose]).

bumping ebin bread

Disregard this. My bad

samefag

samefag

WAKE ME UP

All me tbh lads