What is a horror movie that actually scarred you?

When you were younger or recently

No cheap make you jump movies.

Has some jump scares, although for jump scares they're pretty good. Ending will either horrify you or piss you off at how stupid it was.

It was all in his head, but it was the last thoughts of a dying man who didn't know he was dying. The movie becomes more random and horrifying as it goes on because his brain is shutting down and loosing its logic centers while memories flood his fleeting consciousness at random. Fuck, I don't wanna die.

Smoke salvia and get over it

Literally
Imagine someone took the Ed, Edd & Eddy purgatory fan-theory and stretched it out for two hours. Total trash.

kys

No it was a man realizing he's dying dipshit.

When I was younger Child's Play scared me. The scene of the baby sitter being pushed out of the window made me scared of puppets, dolls and ventriliquist dummies for the rest of my life.

Also, Juon was scary when I first watched it in highschool.

Pity it's turned into a fucking joke since.

The latest Sayako vs Sadako turned into shit the moment those anime psychic clowns showed up.

Damn I didn't know it got that bad. They really milked that to death didn't they?

I guess the original Exorcist scared me. What scared me the most was how Pazuzu was in the background if you looked hard enough. That was creepy.

I was once hit with a heavy dvd of Pumpkinhead

VILE! NO!

Threads made me cry.

When I was really young, I watched Poltergeist, (on VHS), and was damaged for almost two weeks.

I watched the mothman prophesies about ten years ago and it gave me nightmares.

The Mummy
The Mask

That's not a horror movie though.

I remember watching some Japanese horror movie on youtube when I was in highschool. It was about a town inhabited by living scarecrows, I think its name was Kakashi.

I actually thought this was real at one point.

I watched this movie while I was living innawoods for a couple months. It thoroughly spooked the shitpiss out of me.

What went wrong?

is that a remake of the John Carpenter movie?

Scares are most effective when you don't expect them. You are likely to shit your pants only from a seemingly harmless movie, that suddenly turns dark.

Return to Oz scared me shitless as a kid.

I love Carpenter, but his version is weak as all Hell.

Big money salvia.

The descent terrified me.

The special effects looked pretty darn amazing tbh

me too m8

13 ghosts

Night of the Living Dead
The Blair Witch Project
The Haunting
The Ring
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Cure

The original Nosferatu is quite spooky.

Horror movies have never ``really`` scared me, except for jump scares. Games however, I have a few of those I avoided because they really scared me.

If you have never seen this movie, do it.

Does anyone know of a movie where kids in a small town end up in pods hanging from trees and kids go too the monsters armed with flashlights meeting the monsters boss who is a ventriloquist dummy?

Is there any horror he's not in?

Probably not this one, but it has ventriloquist dummies.

I had a friend back then who was a few years older than me and he was totally into that shit and all the conspiracies about it

Me? I feel asleep watching it, boring as hell