State of Decay 1 and 2

What do you guys think of this game?I think its kind of a piece of shit but I also kind of love it and I'm not entirely sure why. Game loop?

Attached: State_of_Decay_2_art.jpg (275x350, 51.6K)

Needing an xbox live account / having multiplayer tied to it instead of Steamworks or something else is a huge turn off.

>>507605745haven't played it since they released that big patch a while ago. My initial impression is that its tuned for multiplayer(resources on both hard and normal dwindle faster than it takes to replenish them. hordes and infestations are constant) and also that it fucking sucks. Whatever was fun about the first one somehow didn't make it into this one- and the first one wasn't that great either. I'm just a retard that likes zombie survival shit crafting chore games.MAYBE the patch fixed it. Maybe. But im busy with minecraft and a lot of better games coming out so it'll be awhile before I pirate the patch. ANd yes. Even if I had the money to buy games I'd still pirate it out of principal because fuck you, fuck windows 10, fuck mods, fuck niggers, fuck jews, and fuck jannies.

Would be more popular if it were on all consoles and PC with Steam

>>507606348coolest thing about the first one was that "big" city that had all the buildings you could loot. So much lost potential.

>>507606348It worked fine for me pirated on windows 7.

>>507605745i liked the first game for a while, stopped playing because my save got corrupted.the game scratches the zombie survival itch adequately, even when the gameplay is barebores and dull.havent played the sequel tho

>>507606618Yeah they finally got a steam release after years of being trapped in win 10. Too little too late unfortunately. I doubt it sold well enough for a third, even if the second game's quality shows it doesn't deserve one. First game was definitely a decent 5-6/10. I just want a post-apocalyptic simulation experience. Make it fun and interesting to explore the remnants of someones home. SIMULATE rather than make grindy slot machine RNG facsimiles and reduce the idea of rebuilding into numbers and percentages of resources. Smaller more dense maps instead of sprawling bullshit with NOTHING.

>>507607127I agree with every point. Could have been better.

Attached: 1396115642805.jpg (500x375, 37.54K)

>>507605745It's fun enough. Good time sink if you're into it.I like driving around the armored cars and plowing zombos.

>>507605745it's fun>>507606281>it's not tied to my corporation of choice

>>507610561Xbox live is objectively worse and less populated you fucking retard. That makes the experience worse.

>>5076071272nd game is way better (first doesn't even have co-op) and still gets content updates.

>>507610593It doesn't exactly have PVP, you fucking retard. I fail to see your point. You're just trying to justify your hypocrisy.

>>507610789Fucking what? THIS IS A CO-OP GAME. Why the fuck are you piping up about a game you clearly don't know a fucking thing about just to shitpost because someone doesn't like the pain in the ass extra steps and inconvenience tied to the functionality of the multiplayer? Stick it up your ass, faggot.

>>507605745I liked the first one, never played the second.

>>507605745>Dude what if took the slightly interesting story and lore from the first game and cut it all out?

>>507610916No it's not. It's perfectly playable singleplayer, and better that way than with randoms

>>507610916Ok dipshit. I often played this in multiplayer. Evidently you're too stupid to know how to invite people since your brain has been Steamed too much. So you can pipe down yourself, drone.

Attached: Haven't Even Played It.png (1166x361, 22.39K)

>>507611557That doesn't have a single fucking thing to do with what I said. Pirate it if you want to play alone. If you buy it, you need to have an Xbox account to play it.

>>507611668God forbid you'd know how to enter an email and password lmao.

>>507611661Nothing you're fucking saying is relevant. Everything I said is true. You took offense to the fucking truth. Needing to have an xbox account to play a game online when it was purchased on Steam is 100% horse shit and the only reason you would even attempt to defend this inconvenience is if you're shitposting or shilling. This has nothing to do with allegiance to a storefront. This is about what is convenient for customers. Needing to go through more bullshit just to play the game online is worse for players. Because it's just yet another potential point of failure.

>>507611893see>>507611934Argue the fucking point instead of insisting that you don't care about being forced to do unnecessary shit that results in a worse experience. I don't give a fuck how low your standards are.

>>507611934Preach

Does 2 have any decent mods?

>>507611668I mean if you want me to agree with you that Xbox Live has generally put together very shit, sure, but it's not a dealbreaker for me

>>507606281>>507611934I bought it on the Xbox store

>>507612253And yet miraculously what I said still applies.

>>507611934>buy a game from somewhere else>get a Steam code>this is ok thoughI take offense to hypocrisy, yes.

>>507612334What the fuck does that have to do with what I said? You're welcome to complain about instances of that happening when it's relevant, but it's sure as fuck not relevant in this thread because it's not relevant to this game.

>>507605745Fuck that mechanic where your shit gets fucked if you play for a couple days. I got shit to do I don’t want to have mess to clean up when I go back to my game that’s supposed to be relaxing.

>>507605745Problem is since there's no real story in part 2 and only the same copy pasted side quests over and over, there's nothing to motivate me to keep playing.

>>507612303No it doesn't. The game has cross platform play. I play with my friend who lives across the planet and uses an XB1 and it works flawlessly. That's not possible with shillworks and they shouldn't arbitrarily split the playerbase for retard luddite crybabies such as yourself. If they did, that portion of the playerbase would be truly dead.

>>507612446I don't know, maybe use logic or common sense for once.

>>507612579Then by all means include it as an option instead of forcing it you fucking moron. You're advocating for less utility whereas I'm advocating for more. Use your fucking head. Your brainless opinions are taxing.

>>507612508They took that mechanic out in part 2. Quitting the game in 2 no longer fucks your survivors and supplies

Played the second one pretty good gets repetitive as fuck though also Quincy is a G

>>507612687Not a single fucking argument from you, just more shitposting. It's not hypocrisy to insist that games you buy on Steam should not require third-party accounts to play. Get your head out of your ass.

>>507605745Played the first one for around 6 hours until the gameloop got really repetitive and boring.

>>507612693>i'm advocating for more "utility"I just told you how you're not though. But I guess you can't cope with not actually knowing what you're talking about once you've gotten this made. You should be happy that it's on Steam at all you tedious crybaby.

>>507612303>>507612693>>507612787It's not possible to make cross-platform multiplayer between Steamworks and Xbox Live without just straight up using one of them, and the game is by a Microsoft-owned dev, you're out of luck

>>507612968I just explained to you that I am and you conveniently ignored it. Address the fact that it would be better for players to be able to use Steamworks to play games with their friends on Steam. I'm not saying it should be made impossible to connect with people with Xbox live accounts. I'm saying Steamworks should have been included if the game is going to be sold on Steam. Not only Xbox live. You're insisting it SHOULD be only xbox live. That's worse for players. Defend that, faggot. Defend it with a legitimate argument and not from a "I hate Steam" stance.

>>507613150I didn't imply Steamworks would work in tandem with xbox. It should be one or the other at any given time, but you should at least be able to choose. This would be better for players. If the choice must be made between one or the other exclusively then clearly Steamworks is the better option for a laundry list of reasons and only a shill would disagree. I know the game was made by Microsoft, but that doesn't have a single fucking thing to do with my criticism of what players have to do to play online. It being owned by Microsoft doesn't give them a fucking blank check. Come up with an actual fucking argument.

>>507613182You're talking to two anons at once, >>507612968 isn't me, >>507613150 is meLike I said it's the dev works under Microsoft, we'll probably see more of this split multiplayer thing in the next few years so either stick to Steam-only games or get used to it

>>507613367>so either stick to Steam-only games or get used to itI do already you dumb piece of shit. That's why I described why I didn't buy the fucking game in the very first reply of the thread. Only fucking clowns like you took offense to this like I'm supposed to buy the game regardless. Go fuck yourself. I don't buy games on Steam that require third party accounts to play.

>>507612787>it should be use steamworks because I can't be bothered to log in to something else everThis is your whole argument even though it would take away features from the game (cross platform play) while if you buy games from other stores, you often get a Steam key, which is requiring a 3rd party account to use. The SAME THING as what you're complaining about with XBL. That's the hypocrisy part. I'm sure this will still go over your precious head.>>507613182>I hate Steam stanceI'm always logged into Steam.

Attached: hates steam.png (113x44, 5.36K)

>>507613510Calm down, I just pointed out the game's central focus wasn't multiplayer

>>507613510uh oh steamie's getting steamedBuy it on the Microsoft Store then if you can even figure out how to use other stores.

>>507613631>This is your whole argument even though it would take away features from the game (cross platform play)Including Steamworks doesn't mean removing Xbox live capabilities you fucking moron. I've explicitly explained that I'm not advocating they get rid of the xbox live capabilities. >if you buy games from other stores, you often get a Steam key, which is requiring a 3rd party account to useBuying a game from a store that only sells games with Steam keys is not the same fucking thing you disingenuous cunt. Steam is a launcher as well as a storefront. >The SAME THING as what you're complaining about with XBLFeel free to complain when you buy a game from the microsoft store and it gives you a Steam key. Does that happen? No. There's no hypocrisy about refusing to buy a game on Steam that requires you to use a third party service. Just like there's no hypocrisy about choosing to not buy a game from any individual store because it uses a third party service you don't want to use. >>507613682That doesn't have anything to do with what I said, it's just trying to lessen the weight of my point which is the same fucking thing as disagreeing with it absent a fucking argument. >>507613812Once again replying without addressing the points being made. You're wrong and you can't help but reply because you're too chicken shit to admit it.

>>507605745It’s pretty fun, I get bored of it and don’t play for months at a time but when I finally go back I can play for days at a time.

>>507614148this

>>507613361It must be very difficult for you

>>507614140If the game's main focus isn't multiplayer, they shouldn't have to give two shits about online functionalityIf you don't want to login to Xbox Live to play then pirate itRegardless, co-op is a tacked on feature so they shouldn't be trying to improve friendliness in that regard, it's a waste of time

>>507614834Not difficult at all. I don't buy games that try to make me jump through hoops. I pirated the game.

>>507614140>Including Steamworks doesn't mean removing Xbox live capabilities you fucking moron.Oh so for the sake of continuing an argument you've already drawn out with pointless garbage posts, the games should now have multiple options for multiplayer services, something I don't think any game does. Where do you think this should be selectable? Should it have an separate .exe, or maybe you select it on the main menu? Get real.>Feel free to complain when you buy a game from the microsoft store and it gives you a Steam key. Does that happen? No.It doesn't. They don't allow it. Maybe you should be Steamed at Valve then for having laxer standards, huh. Not that I buy games from the MS store. I just download them from there since it's what Game Pass uses. Funny how you criticized me earlier for not having played it then you went on to say that you never bought it. Evidently, hypocrisy is a habit for you.>You're wrong and you can't help but reply because you're too chicken shit to admit it.Well said. That's exactly what you're doing.There is a point to it using XBL as I already pointed out. You refuse to just accept that it's an exception and you were wrong to make a big deal out of it.

>>507614913>If the game's main focus isn't multiplayerWhat you value in a game doesn't dictate what other people should value. A game's main focus does not mean it should come at the expense of everything else. >If you don't want to login to Xbox Live to play then pirate itI did. >Regardless, co-op is a tacked on featureClearly which is the root of the problem. You're not arguing against my criticism of the game; all you're doing is insisting that you don't care. That's not a fucking argument. You have no reason to respond to me.

>>507615076You should calm down, I don't disagree with your argument

>>507615076>>If you don't want to login to Xbox Live to play then pirate it>I did.Wow you must know a lot about the multiplayer then! I can now see the point of authority you were speaking from when you said this >>507610593More dishonesty stemming from an inability to cope with ever being wrong about anything on an anonymous board. Grow up.

>>507615075>Oh so for the sake of continuing an argument you've already drawn out with pointless garbage posts, the games should now have multiple options for multiplayer services, something I don't think any game does. Where do you think this should be selectable? Should it have an separate .exe, or maybe you select it on the main menu? Get real.You act like this is impossible. I assure you an option to connect to one IP address instead of another is not rocket science. >It doesn't. They don't allow it.No shit. That's the point. >Funny how you criticized me earlier for not having played it I criticized you for saying >It doesn't exactly have PVP>I fail to see your pointwhen I said that Xbox live is objectively worse. Don't put words in my mouth, shit for brains. >There is a point to it using XBL as I already pointed outAnd I never once said that should be taken away, yet here you are for the what, third time in a row accusing me of that? That's strawmanning, bro. I will make a big deal out of whatever the fuck I please because it's my god damned money. As a customer you should be advocating for more options just like me, but here you are defending less options like a fucking retard arguing against his own best interests.

>>507605745The first one was actually kind of good. It was interesting and fun playing a base management zombie survival game that took place in a rural setting instead of a massive city. State of Decay 2 however is incredibly fucking boring. Fuck refueling cars, fuck the scrap mechanic, fuck that it ignored the lore of the first game, and fuck Heartland. Glad I got this off a friend on Windows.

>>507615523>it ignored the lore of the first gameWhat did it ignore? I think I finished the original once but I don't remember much

>>507615381>Wow you must know a lot about the multiplayer then!Yeah. I do. I watched it get played when it launched. I saw how fucking god awful the connectivity was and people could barely play together for half an hour before joined players or the host disconnected and put a halt on the entire session. There's nothing dishonest about my dislike towards games that make you jump through hoops to play.

>>507615636The biggest one is the Black Fever. That disease that kills you and makes you a zombie. The Blood Plague is literally the same thing but it raises even more questions.

Co-op is what ruined the sequel. Every shitty feature they added in was to add filler to balance out having an extra player for everything.

>>507615489Yes, it doesn't have PVP. What I mean by that is there's no need for some ultra active online playerbase to constantly fill 16 player games. Also it would be more active on XBL anyway due to Game Pass. I doubt it would even chart on Steam. Sorry that this obvious point wasn't obvious enough for you. Clearly such a genius could misunderstand that.>>507615709Cool. As I already have proven, I played nearly 200 hours, and it was with someone that could almost not live farther from me. You wouldn't believe how many big budget online co-op games utterly fail to function if you don't live within like 200ms ping of someone else. State of Decay 2 functions, so it's better than most despite your uneducated opinion.

>>507605745I really wasn't a fan of the first, so won't play the second. Just found it so dull and uninteresting.

>>507615924yeah they gave up on any semblance of realism and just made it a fantasy plague that grows biowalls and makes ResEvil tier enemies

>>507616004The original is so boring and quaint compared with Dread Zone difficulty in co op.

>>507616065>first paragraphIrrelevant to the discussion. Doesn't address my point. Doesn't make an argument. That's why I dismissed it. Your perception about how popular the game is doesn't matter to why I chose to not buy it. >second paragraphYour anecdotes about how much you like the game is once again irrelevant to the fucking point being made. I don't give a plagued rat's ass how much you like xbox live. If I bought the game on Steam I would need a third party account to play it online. That's why I didn't buy it. I don't like that shit. I won't financially support it. Go ahead and try and tell me what I'm supposed to do with my fucking money. See how far that gets you.

Attached: 1350283764209.jpg (370x452, 13.77K)

>>507616496You need to relax and calm yourself, there's no sense in getting angry at that which you cannot changeThey can't implement a new system until the next game anyway, why not email them and ask them to consider it?No need for hostility, I don't think anyone disagrees Xbox Live is kind of shit

I don't mind the single-player. Tried to give them $30 for online and updates but Windows 10 is way up their ass so I had to refund. SoD2 isn't even a true sequel anyway. The story is literally phoned in and most of it takes place in the Heartland DLC. I don't bother with Daybreak at all aside from the options it makes available in the main game. Overall they could've done a lot more with it but Undead Labs opted for attention to diversity over gameplay.

>>507616714I'm not complaining that they're not fucking changing it for me. I'm saying I'm not buying it. I'm resisting people who are acting like I'm supposed to ignore it and buy the game anyway. The hostility is towards the people in this thread; not Microsoft.

>>507616803>diversity over gameplay?

>>507605745It would be a better version of SoD 1, but I refunded it because fuck nu-GFWL

>>507616887There's some pretty cringey woke shit in the dialogue if you pay attention.

>>507616887It's one of the most racially diverse games I've ever seen. The attention to it is remarkable. If only they had the brains to make a 7.62 more damaging to a jug than a .22 without the community asking them to fix it.

>>507617202I think they fixed the juggernaut damage / behavior in a recent patch. I was surprised that I could take it down with the same amount of shots from a piece of shit rinky dink pistol as with a high powered rifle.

>>507617149Not to mention out of the base characters you literally can't play as a white dude, and most of them are either gay or interracial couples. Sometimes both.

>>507617350I'm shocked we don't have any survivors in wheelchairs.

>>507617303They did fix it. But it shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Even headshots on a jug didn't matter before the fix.

>>507617149Such as? All I can think of is Twain's "fuck the government" rants.

>>507605745It was alright. First one was better, but only by a bit. Blood Plague is kinda shit, and some of the more tedious aspects need to go if there's going to be a round 3.

Attached: 2ply.jpg (617x762, 82.98K)

>>507616496Maybe it would be relevant to you if you could even remember your own """points.""">Xbox live is objectively worse and less populated you fucking retard. That makes the experience worse.Someone that continues to argue despite not being able to remember how anything they've said is relevant? Nope not tedious at all. I doubt you will be able to even understand how this is related to my post.You haven't even played the game online and I have in the worst online conditions possible. Yes, that is relevant despite your obvious brain damage. I don't care if you didn't buy it. I didn't buy it either, but I have actually played it online!>>507616860Your hostility is against your own stupidity, habitual hypocrisy and orneriness.

>>507617546I can't recall but very often when you've got an NPC tagging along they'll start yapping about "fuck men I'm strong too, take that patriarchy" or "I was better than all the boys at playing games" or other stuff along those lines.

>>507617678Huh. I have never heard anything like that.

>>507617678But you can walk them over and them get Jugged

> no character customizationdropped, how hard would it have been lol

Attached: 1589079812525.png (800x600, 85.51K)

>>507617605Ignoring my point doesn't make it go away. Like I said I know you love xbox live but that doesn't matter to me. A game sold on Steam should not require third party account to play online. It should work with Steamworks or it's not going to get my money. I saw how the online was at launch which I already described and you ignored. That was xbox live and it was tragically shitty. People were disconnecting left and right. The people I was watching couldn't play for longer than half an hour and their progress was constantly ruined. All your bitching isn't going to change the fact that I didn't buy the game for reasons you don't agree with. I don't give a shit that you don't agree. I know you have no standards or principles. You will literally argue in favor of less options for customers. Let me tell you something, retard. If you don't care that I didn't buy it then shut the fuck up about what you think I should do with my money.

>>507617931You can mod all that in. But it's no excuse for the way they made the game.

>>507605745>State_of_Decay_2Juggernaut edition is pretty fun, should have launched this way.

>>507618073It's common enough for posters here to be argumentative shitheads that can never concede a single point even when they're wrong. Posters that will always project and resort to logical fallacies to continue an argument no one knows the subject of anymore. You're one of those posters. It MAY not be your fault every time, since like I said, that kind of poster is common. It probably IS your fault though more often than not. Just remember that (if you can manage since you obviously have short-term memory issues) next time you get into a pointless circling seethe-filled 100 post argument (probably tomorrow). Just remember what I said, and know that it's probably your doing. Maybe you won't be such a dumbass forever if you can do that small thing. Have a nice day shithead.

>>507619308What's the difference between it and the launch version?

>>507619423>claims victory without addressing the point after X amount of timeDisengaging from the argument is conceding the argument. Ignoring the person you're talking to is admitting you're wrong. I expressed why I didn't buy the game. You insisted that I was wrong about my reasons for not buying it. You don't decide what I do with my money. I don't financially support publishers that attempt to force me to sign up for third party services or lock game features behind third party services. You attempted to accuse me of hypocrisy for this decision. That got shoved down your throat and you shut the fuck up about that. I don't give a shit about your feelings. XBOX live is inferior to Steamworks. You attempted to strawman and insist I was saying that they should have replaced xbox live with Steamworks. I told you it wouldn't matter if they used them both as long as I didn't have to sign up for shit I didn't want to sign up for. You shut the fuck up about that too. Every single time you tried to argue with me I stuck it back up your ass where you got it. Next time suppress your autistic urge to disagree with people when they are stating something that can't be disputed. You don't decide what other people value, so shut the fuck up about what you think they should be valuing; especially when it concerns money.

Attached: 1304605895576.png (275x274, 65.71K)

>>507619795>All the add-on packs over the years>Remastered graphics>A new open-world map>Much more weapons>Dread and Nightmare zone -- difficulty modes with tougher zombies and hordes, and not in a bullet-sponge way>Loads of other shitRe-downloaded it, I can say it was worth the time.

>hey. are you still working on that thing we talked about?No but I'll work on kiting several hordes to your base so i can watch you die and take your gear.

Attached: 67587456379.jpg (388x315, 38.09K)

>>507620965Being able to wipe out other survivors was the only reason this game surpasses the first