There are people who think the simpsons stopped at season 7 or 8

Seriously, 2-12 is just one of the best cartoons ever made. There is a massive massive drop in quality but in season 13 only when they start with their celebrity shit more often. If you don't watch it until season 12 you'll miss out things like video related, the tokyo episode, and more.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_(season_13)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last episode of The Simpsons I remember watching was the Tony Hawk episode. That skateboard battle was the final straw.

S1 isn't bad if you consider how there was nothing like it on TV at the time

but Saddlesore Galactica was season eleven.

That said why do I keep seeing this constant dislike of S1 and 2? Those were great

They're more grounded and not quite so freeweeling

so it was sorta like king of the hill?

Season 1-12 were gold. The show officially jumped the shark when Al Jean took over as show runner in season 13.

More doodley than that

wrong
I didn't laugh a single time watching season 9, not once, and I watched it when I was younger and much more easily entertained

Season 9 had the episode with the skin eating mutants, the one with matter transporter (bart the fly). It had New York vs Homer and the one with homer wanting to get in shape. Not amazing, but it's still good enough.

I think its up to the individual at how few laughs per show they think is acceptable. Behind the Laughter seemed like a good stopping point, though.

And surprisingly american dad is still decent, and we have rick and morty. Other than that the new simpsons sucks, family guy sucks, south park sucks because of too much liberal shit.

What I hate is that we never get to see more metalocalypse episodes, I miss that so much.

From season 9

4=5>3>6>8>2=7>9>1>10>12>>>>>>>>>>11>14>13>Everything else

From season 10

Season 11

Season 12 also had one of the best treehouse of horror episodes

While I don't think seasons 9-12 were all that great, they still had plenty of entertaining episodes and even the worst ones still had funny jokes. I agree wholeheartedly that season 13 is the point where things went to complete shit. From this point on the show is just cringe inducing with how hard it's trying to make you laugh.

American Dad has sucked hard for a while now and has always been very left leaning (just not as blatantly pro-Jewish as Family Guy).

I have no idea why people say S1 is bad. I watched it and thought it was very funny.

Kill your parents you fucking faggot.

Anything after 10 is unwatchable for me. They used to criticize the system, now they're part of it.

I've only watched the Simpsons as reruns on tv, so I have on idea which episode is from which season.

Oh no! Now I have to stop liking rick and morty because someone insulted me. Go fuck yourself.

Yeah, it's pretty much what I thought, 9-12 aren't great, but you can see massive, massive drop in quality in season 13. I really wish to know what exactly happened in season 13 that ruined the whole series.

I think they had an episode with lisa being a feminist and another one with women being smarter than men before season 10.

It's not bad, it's just that from season 2 it gets way more funny.

Same here.
That was fucking forever ago.
13 years apparently.

I saw everything worth seeing up until then.
Otherwise watching The Simpsons in the [current year] is like trying to enjoy the same lake you used to fish at with your father before it got drained and intoxicated by a bunch of corporations.

I that was when one of the old show runners came back. I guess he tried a new approach or something?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons_(season_13)

The Simpsons voice actors have refined their art so well they can make the unwatchable somewhat watchable.

Season 11's "Behind the Laughter" seems like it would make a good final episode.

Oh that's right, reddit likes it so it's automatically shit.

Same with Trump.