How come "Keanu reeves is a bad actor" meme so prevalent?

How come "Keanu reeves is a bad actor" meme so prevalent?

These are the only films I watched with him in it and he didn't do a terrible job in any of them tbh.

Because it has been memed since Bill and Ted.
Meanwhile Ryan Gosling is just as inexpressive and he's America's darling.

I wish I had that Futurama clip

Wasn't he more "high-energy" as Ted?

Some people keep pushing it, just like with other memes

yeah, i really can't stand it when someone bullies keanu
i mean, the dude had it rough and didn't turn into a hippy faggot

He's getting rammed by a tranny, though.

Good times, man, good times.

Because he's a bad actor.

Unlike Micheal Cera?

He's been single for a while

He probably browsed *Holla Forums and thought trap posting isn't ironic.

Keanu Reeves is the Chosen Undead. He will kindle the flames one day to keep the Age of Fire going.

because Keanu Reeves plays Keanu Reeves in every Keanu Reeves movies.

Because every single one of the characters that are assigned to him are not really expressive, which people confuse with the actor not being expressive.
Imagine if fucking Neo or John Wick were constantly expressing everything, it'd destroy those fucking movies. But tell that to plebeians.

It makes sense that he was Neo instead of Will Smith.

Because he's a good stoic actor. Whether an idiot who doesn't know what's going on or a strong-but-quiet guy he's good at minimal expression. It's when they try to cast him as someone who needs emotion that he's laughably bad (not the bees).

Can you imagine him as Neo? It'd be fucking terrible.
HOL UP, I KNOW KONG-FU?

because they're jealous they aren't me

why does this bee look hot?

I think all merican actors are bad actors

well murrican actors used to be good with the older generation. Like Charlton Heston.

Movies aren't about acting, faggots they're about telling a story.

keanu is canadian

a story is more compelling if the players are convincing

movies are 'about' all of their constituent parts.

I'm really looking forward to John Wick 2.

I wasn't expecting to like John Wick as much as I did, although the CGI blood splatters and bullet holes annoyed me a lot.

Will we ever see squibs again Holla Forums?

when you consider that the Matrix's major inspiration was Ghost in the Shell who's protagonist, the Major, is a completely dead pan character due to going through an existential crises during the events of the movie, Reeves' acting actually makes sense

By the end of the matrix neo has been thoroughly mindfucked which might explain why he was such an empty shell during 2 and 3 although I put that down to the fact that those 2 movies are absolute shit and should never have been made

Ghost in the shell is hipster bullshit. It has an amazing world and then forgets to tell a story so it can play (excellent) music and show still photos of absolutely nothing. It's the same movie as Stalker where it has a start, signals how deep it is for 80 minutes then has an ending.

The concept was good…they should have been done better

jealousy

I always assumed the reason Neo was so bland was because he was a vessel for the audience. We don't really care about Neo, rather we experience the story through his eyes. This doesn't really work in the sequels however since now Neo is an invincible god of the Matrix instead of just being some everyday dude. The fact that he's almost completely emotionless in those films doesn't help either. Even in the original film, Neo had a sense of humour and a hint of cockiness to him (like during his fight with Morpheus).

It's a great film even with Keanu's trash acting.