Why is he scoring every movie? He made one good score 20 years ago and nothing but shit since

Why is he scoring every movie? He made one good score 20 years ago and nothing but shit since.

What's worse is the fact that he created Remote Control. Now there are too many Zimmer clones ruining movies with their noises. Harry Gregson-Williams and his brother, Ramin Djawadi (his work on Game of Cucks is fucking bland), Lorne Balfe, Junkie XL.
Out of the long list of drones, Brian Tyler is the one who's the most versatile… but that's because he uses a lot of ghost writers (from what I've heard, there's a soundtrack that was 90% made by ghost writers).

Harry Gregson-Williams made some great actual themes though.

Gregson-Williams can actually compose

Which score was that?

It's hard to believe but he actually scored Lion King.

What? Even ignoring his work on Metal Gear and Narnia the dude's good.

HGW is what Zimmer wants to be but fails.

Why would you spend any budget on a composer when you can just use lesser known classical/romantic era music and it sounds basically the same or better?

He didn't compose the songs, that was Elton John and Tim Rice. He composed the orchestral music they played when there weren't songs.

I think Lebo M also had a lot to do with that film's African sound.

That what a score is, plebian. The score in LK is fantastic. Hard to believe it's done by Zimmer.

so was it after 2000 Zimmer went to shit?

Not really. Not if you actually listened to his work and not just the shit he does now.

It was around about the time Hollywood decided he had to score everything.

Zimmer's one of those people who's sort of too successful for his own good.

I listed to all his work, and bar maybe Prince of Egypt he hasn't done anything even remotely remarkable or of LK quality.

I think the sadest thing is that he uses a real orchestra for his stuff but he fucks up the sound so bad that in the end it sounds like a bunch of shitty samples. Junkyard XL does the same thing.

Funnily enough they worked together on Dawn of Capeshit

Didn't he also work with some nigger rapper on another capeshit or something?

Yeah he is Zimmer's new protégé. The previous one was Lorne Balfe (one of the worst)

He worked with Pharrell and a bunch of other people on Amazing Spider-Man 2.

and that score was atrocious

Well, that film was atrocious

unrelated, there are shit films with god tier scores

Name them

I'm not here to hold your hand. There's a thread for it.

Sounds an awful lot like 'It's not my job to educate you, shitlord' which tells me you can't actually name any.

>>>/autism/

cause he's a jew

Yeah, I'm guessing you can't actually name any films.

Nolan's Batman movies were the real turning point for scores, weren't they? every composer is imitating him for their action scores because that's where the money supposedly is.

It's difficult to imagine a movie without nerve-grating strings, brown note brass, and bass-heavy percussion. You know, music that actually sounds nice?