Every Frame a Painting finally released another video...

Every Frame a Painting finally released another video, this time about bland hollywood soundtracks He also takes a shit on Marvel Movies' soundtracks

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tv/res/463450.html
8ch.net/tv/res/476250.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Supplementary video

for what purpose

They all have memorable themes. Most capeshit now have the same "safe" boring themes that are completely unmemorable

Most movies in general.

The video was specifically talking about marvel movies but yeah, most movies nowadays as well

That's what the supplemental video is for. It points out more than just capeshit and even talks about some TV shows that use it.

The main problem is Temp Music.

The problem is Directors copying what worked in other movies and changing it ever so slightly and inserting it into their movies

Not a problem in general, Directors borrowing or being inspired by other movies is alright, we wouldn't have MANY movies and TV shows be as good as they were if some random show didn't preceed it just because the director grew up on it or something.

The problem here is that Directors literally want to plagiarizer movie soundtracks.

Is that basically the same concept as the Inception Horn showing up in literally every movie last year?

Copying things that worked before, even though it doesn't actually add anything to the movie? Yes.

They do it because it works, look at all the plebs that eat up the uncreative Marvel borefests.

I blame the Vuvuzela.

Something the video points out that I think is relevant is how film directors have completely given up on the idea of leitmotif.

A large part of why I watch film is to listen to leitmotifs; I LOVE it when a film remixes a previous track to a different arrangement.

Alright, three different thoughts on this.

1. The themes to those movies are iconic. I didn't care for the Harry Potter films, and haven't seen half of them, but they made a shitoad of money and the theme is used in every advertisement associated with them. The other two examples are two of the most iconic film series in history. I'm sure you'd get similar results with Back to the Future, Robocop and Lord of the Rings.

2. What about Guardians of the Galaxy? The soundtrack is extremely present through the entire film, to the point that there's a second mixtape planned out for the second film. They weren't written specifically for the film, but every song in that movie is central to the plot. And it's not an MCU film, but Deadpool had the same vibe going for it with the soundtrack. It's also telling that the best of the Marvel films (the Captain America films and Guardians) had the most memorable soundtracks.

3. All that said, I felt myself getting angry when they showed Danny Elfman was on the credits for Age of Ultron. He's basically the best in the biz. Tons of the best soundtracks ever are all him. Nightmare Before Christmas, Weird Science, the Raimi Spider-Man theme, that's not even mentioning his Oingo Boingo stuff. The fact that I saw that movie and don't remember a single note letting me know he was involved actually makes me angry. The idea of a director having access to his talents and walking in with another song and saying "I want something safe and forgettable that sounds like this" well, it makes me want to deck Joss Whedon.

Well Guardians and Deadpool use pre existing older songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's and modern times, not so much an orchestra. Though I agree with you music in films these days is lacking and is just white noise. I remember the raimi spiderman movies. The theme for that was great, Dock Ock's theme was great and they used a pop song to illustrate a point for a character rather than for the sake of it.

same thing must have happened to John Williams on TFA.

[pic 1&2]

[pic 3]

Wait, I thought this whole "was bullied in school" was bullshit because Whedon was actually homeschooled or some shit? It certainly sounds like some canned "how do you do fellow nurds" canned answer.

It's called fedoracore.

Examples: Drive, Kick-Ass, Dark Knight, Taxi Driver

Examples: There Will Be Blood, Fight Club, Idiocracy, Cabin In The Wood, Matrix

Examples: Guardians of the Galaxy, Big Trouble in Little China, 300, Pacific Rim

What would be a manly movie on a non-superficial level?

Did you write this or is this from another anons post?

no

Master and Commander

I really, really want to know how this guy's life turned out.

get on okcupid and look him up.

I don't know his name, though.

The last post seems unnescessary, the biggest difference between Fag and Whedon is that Whedon is a beta nu-male that grew up in the 90s, Fag is a literal faggot.

the words might be of use, the interior search engine might also allow for phrase searching.

I'm pretty sure he's strait. I think he might be one of those "metrosexuals".

That's even worse.

I remember in a interview he said he was raised by a single-mother.

Yeah, I've seen those sames interviews as his excuse for trying to push his bullshit on ghostbusters. In all honesty I don't hate his movies, it's just that he obviously is the type that should work with original material rather than pre existing properties unless there is a decent amount of overlap with his style and the property. It was a HUGE mistake to put him anywhere near ghostbusters.

It's hard to believe he was part of making something as great as Freaks & Geeks.

Most Hollywood soundtracks are bland because most of them hire drones who worked for Hans Zimmer.

Marvel movies are the perfect example of something that is made to appeal to every demographic, so the music is always the same (the fact that they chose Brian Tyler is a proof of that). Every MCU movie look and sound the same, none of them have their own identity.

Temp tracks are a problem I think but it might be necessary to help a director and a composer to find the correct way of helping a scene.

There's a scene from BSG in OP's video, I know that it wasn't easy for Bear McCreary to be free to write as he does today. When he was hired to do the music on BSG, it was his first big job. The production didn't want themes for certain characters, they wanted a bland wallpaper music like what they used to have on Star Trek shows (the blandest thing possible). Episode after episode, season after season, he managed to push the idea of creating themes and you can ear it during the whole Battlestar Galactica journey.

This.

I think he was used because Amy Paskall had his boipussi tightly o n her finger.

bump

would mishima a life in 4 chapters count?

Hipster? I have watched his videos and I have never seen anything I would describe as "hipster". What makes him "pedantic hipster trash"?

Yes.

Holla Forums is a board that thrives on 3 things: Shitposting, Waifu threads, and Memeposting. You can see it in this thread of people trying to find things to whine about and to derail the topic to talk about something else. a majority of Holla Forums users couldn't talk about films in depth if they actively tried

His work on TFA was really bad.
The March of the Resistance sounds exactly like if a random composer wanted to rip off the droid theme from Ep 1 and it doesn't even fit with the Resistance, it's too joyful.

we are all very impressed user

I just wanted to talk about movies but instead I found myself on a taiwanese combined stormfront and progressive cuckold board.

The dream really is dead isn't it

make a thread then you whiny faggot

This, make a thread about film.

This threads about it.

Well I think this is a good thread.

This site is able to hold good threads, for instance: 8ch.net/tv/res/463450.html and 8ch.net/tv/res/476250.html